PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 43 Gladewater 8

easttexas3a
10-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Gladewater ran a similar Offense to that of Liberty hill tonight, was good for a few plays then the drives would sputter out. Gilmer O was kept in check to an extent as they were up 23-0 at half. The bucks were able to finish off Gladewater, and now look to finish the year up at Tatum.

Looks like we will be meeting up with Diboll in the first round of the playoffs now as well, I would guess that game would be play at SFA.

waterboy
11-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Gilmer's defense looked really good out there last night. They held a Gladewater team, that was 6-2 (2-1) coming into last night's game, to less than 200 total yards. If you take away that last drive against all subs (71 yards), Gladewater really only had about 5 or 6 first downs and about 130 total yards against the 1st team defense. I think this is the best defense I've seen at Gilmer since '04, and it may be even better than that one. The Buckeye offense looked a little out of sync at times, but they played well enough to put up 43 points against a good Gladewater defense. The Bears do have alot of good athletes, and I was impressed with their speed, especially their defensive backs. That game next week between Gladewater and Chapel Hill oughta be a good, close game. I would only be surprised in that one if the margin was any more than 2 TDs.

eagles_victory
11-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Gladewater ran a similar Offense to that of Liberty hill tonight, was good for a few plays then the drives would sputter out. Gilmer O was kept in check to an extent as they were up 23-0 at half. The bucks were able to finish off Gladewater, and now look to finish the year up at Tatum.

Looks like we will be meeting up with Diboll in the first round of the playoffs now as well, I would guess that game would be play at SFA. Buckeyes roll if they play Diboll

Buckeye80
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Just watched the replay of the game on TV this morning. That was the best defensive performance of the year for the Buckeyes by far! Yes Gladewater runs the same offense as Liberty Hill, but they are far from Liberty Hill's offense!
We were very quick to the ball, very quick to the backfield, and tackled very surely last night. I think our defense is going to be alot better than people expect.
Diboll is still a very good team. Carthage is a fantastic team, and I think they showed that last night. I really look forward to that game, as we don't normally get to see alot of teams from that area.

I would guess that the playoff game would not be played in Nac. I think Jeff Traylor is going to ask for Lobo Stadium and they will settle on Rose Stadium.

easttexas3a
11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Confirmed Diboll vs. Gilmer Friday Night 7:30 at Carthage.

By no means was I referring to gladewater beign anywhere near the stratosphere of LH. However it was great for the team to get a chance to play a slot T team before the playoffs.

Aesculus gilmus
11-01-2008, 04:26 PM

By no means was I referring to gladewater beign anywhere near the stratosphere of LH. However it was great for the team to get a chance to play a slot T team before the playoffs.

I assume this means a week from Friday night unless Tatum got "skeered" and forfeited.

Buckeye80
11-01-2008, 07:08 PM

I find it hard to believe that Jeff agreed to play at a 3A stadium with our playoff turnout! I'm not saying you're lying. But I'm skeptical about the possibility of the game actually taking place in Carthage.

Buckeye80
11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I find it hard to believe that Jeff agreed to play at a 3A stadium with our playoff turnout! I'm not saying you're lying. But I'm skeptical about the possibility of the game actually taking place in Carthage.

And after reading the newspaper, I may be wrong. I read one playoff match-up in 2A that was already set, so we may indeed be also!

mistanice
11-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Is Gilmer good? :D Looks like Diboll has to play them..:(

Buckeye80
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Is Gilmer good? :D Looks like Diboll has to play them..:(

Hey! Kilgore beat us!!:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80

The new stadium in Carthage seats 6,000. Gilmer had better be designated as the home team, though.

Here's Gabe Brooks of L'view N-J describing it a few months ago:

The new stadium looks nice and the turf field appears to be great. The thing that jumps out is how much larger Bulldog Stadium is than its predecessor, Q.M. Martin Stadium. Martin seated 2,000 on the home side and 500 on the visitor side. The new Dawg Pound seats 2,000 on the VISITOR side and 4,000 on the home side. That should help Carthage draw plenty playoff games from Class A up to opening-round 4A clashes.

This certainly makes sense as a central location. It may well be that each school has to travel literally the same distance to get there, plus or minus a mile or two.

easttexas3a
11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I had heard it from one of the players around town that that was where the game would be. and yes we are the home team. I expect us to pack that place, which will be good. Sometimes last year I hated playing in the bigger stadiums, cause even though we had 5000 fans it looked more like 3000 cause we were on a home side that had 10000 seats.

waterboy
11-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, I guess it's time the ol' Carthage economy got a boost 'cause Gilmer will bring several thousand screaming fans with payday money and loose wallets!:D