PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Battle of BIG SANDY Countdown thread... Bridgeport vs. Decatur

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2008, 11:12 PM
Okay... no more worries about looking ahead... let the countdown begin.

It is 6 days, 21 hours, 17 minutes and 47 seconds until Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:30:00 PM

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Current update available here...

Link to Official Time Until 2008 Battle of Big Sandy Begins... (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2008&month=11&day=07&hour=19&min=30&sec=00&p0=70)

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Okay Bull Fans, (and Decatur Fans), let's keep this thread at the top....

BullsFan
10-31-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm willing to do my part. GO BULLS!

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2008, 11:49 PM
GO BULLS!

Bullaholic
11-01-2008, 12:01 AM
This thread is going to stay way up there, Slpy----just like the Bull's score next Friday.

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This thread is going to stay way up there, Slpy----just like the Bull's score next Friday.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GO BULLS!

Budman007
11-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Hey Sply, does our scoreboard go to 3 digits? Somebody may want to check on this before the buzzards come limping into town next Friday.

Year of the Bulls!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
It is 6 days, 21 hours, 17 minutes and 47 seconds until Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:30:00 PM

Did you take into count that Standard Time returns? :nerd: :nerd:

BullsFan
11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did you take into count that Standard Time returns? :nerd: :nerd:

Surely the website he's using does--it says "Dallas time" out to the side. And if not, he's going to be sitting the stadium just a teensy bit earlier than usual. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Surely the website he's using does--it says "Dallas time" out to the side. And if not, he's going to be sitting the stadium just a teensy bit earlier than usual. :D
At least he would be assured of a good seat! :D

BullsFan
11-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
At least he would be assured of a good seat! :D

We've had the same season tickets in our family for 50 years, give or take, so we're okay there. But just to tell you how excited we are about this game in Bridgeport, I've had three different emails come through at my job for people who have out of town/state family and friends coming in to see it and they're looking for tickets. And the last one hinted that they'd be willing to pay a little extra to get 'em....

VWG
11-01-2008, 11:06 AM
In the past 10 years, what is this series record?
I know Decatur and Bridgeport have had some really good players come through within this time. Chandler Dane, Dougherty, Collin Jones, Christian, etc......

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Decatur is up 7 out of the last 10. You go all the way back to 2001 for a Bull win...

...But this year, it all changes!

Send_the_House
11-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Briefly...

BullsFan
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
We shall see.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Briefly...

Are you from Decatur?? Are you the one and only poster left?

Bull
11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Who wins this one?

Budman007
11-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Bridgeport wins the Battle of Big Sandy big. The Eagles have no D or Senior leadership this year.

Budman007
11-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Decatur will be dominated by Bridgeport this year and for several years to come

Bridgeport Varsity 9-0
Bridgeport JV 9-0
Bridgeport 9th 7-2 w/no district losses

GO BULLS!!!

gilbert
11-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with senior leadership, Budman

gilbert
11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
They have outstanding senior leaders.......unfortunately alot of them are injured

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Budman007

Bridgeport Varsity 9-0
Bridgeport JV 9-0

GO BULLS!!!

LOL, I was wondering when this might come up... 2008 may see the Bulls sweep district championships at all HS levels. Sounds like we have some good talent loaded up!

Budman007
11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gilbert
They have outstanding senior leaders.......unfortunately alot of them are injured

Finally flushed 'ol Gilbert out of hibernation. All we've heard all year is how many outstanding athletes on the Decatur team are injured. I'm sure after the blood bath next Friday in Bridgeport that's all we're going to hear as THE excuse for another year. Other than one stud WR, exactly how many injuries are there currently?

BTW, the comment on weak senior leadership was based on comments from all the Decatur folks I know who have voiced this concern for most of the season now.

GO BULLS!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
GO BULLS!

(Hoping to win a bet at work that I haven't won in a while!)

BullsFan
11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Page 2? This will NEVER do.

I love the idea of a span of good years much like we had in the 90s. Hopefully this is the start of something bigger and better in B'port!

#1Eaglefan
11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
It doesn't look like we have a whole lot to look forward to this year at the "Battle of Big Sandy" but you NEVER know what will happen when these 2 teams line up. With all of our "studs" standing on the sideline rather than up on the line, this has just been UGLY UGLY to see this year. Win, Lose or Draw, it's always a good night for football in Texas when these 2 meet! Best of luck to both, and make Wise Co. proud this year in the playoffs Bulls! We won't show it Friday night, but we'll be rootin' for you next weekend! :clap:

gilbert
11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I will never make for excuses for any team.....win or lose. I was just responding to statements made concerning senior leadership.
Who determines what leadership is all about? Is it by words or is it by play. If Bridgeport wins this weekend.....it will because they earned it......not because of injured players. Those injured players most assureadly would make it a better ballgame. The team that executes the best and/or has the least amout of turnovers will win. I have not been flushed out.......been in the same place for a number of years now. Bridgeport has a heck of a program and a great group of players and coaches. Best of Luck to both teams.

Budman007
11-01-2008, 09:27 PM

You still have'nt answered my question, Gilbert. Just how many senior Eagles are injured? I'd still say you've been flushed out since you have'nt posted anything since August?

GO BULLS!!!

Budman007
11-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
It doesn't look like we have a whole lot to look forward to this year at the "Battle of Big Sandy" but you NEVER know what will happen when these 2 teams line up. With all of our "studs" standing on the sideline rather than up on the line, this has just been UGLY UGLY to see this year. Win, Lose or Draw, it's always a good night for football in Texas when these 2 meet! Best of luck to both, and make Wise Co. proud this year in the playoffs Bulls! We won't show it Friday night, but we'll be rootin' for you next weekend! :clap:

Thanks, but share with us just how many of your studs are on the sideline? I keep hearing this but no specifics. Sounds like excuses before the game is even played.

GO BULLS!!!

BullsFan
11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
We won't show it Friday night, but we'll be rootin' for you next weekend! :clap:

Thanks, Eaglefan! Back when we went to quarterfinals, I remember seeing quite a few blue jackets there helping to cheer us on. :)

Bullaholic
11-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Eaglefan---You're sure making it hard to talk some smack about Friday night when you are being so doggone civil. Thanks for the nice wishes.

On one hand I'm glad we don't have an old rival who would have been in the same playoff division to possibly have to play twice, and, on the other hand, in seasons past I always pulled for the Eagles after the annual war, and Decatur went DI and carried the Wise Co. team flag along with the Bulls in DII.

Friday night should see the end of 6 straight years of bitter acceptance, and having to endure the memories of 60+ points hung on the Bulls twice.

The Herd will be many and loud in the stands---The El Toro offense will be unstoppable---The Beef will knock down anything in front of them, and The Killer B's will swarm anything that moves.

Go Bulls!

mudcat
11-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks, but share with us just how many of your studs are on the sideline? I keep hearing this but no specifics. Sounds like excuses before the game is even played.

GO BULLS!!!

QB & A WR or out

gilbert
11-02-2008, 10:56 AM
21 seniors total
#3, #6gone, #10gone, #16, #31questionable

injuries to other classifications as well. I am not going to dwell upon injuries to seniors or others......and it is not Decatur's or my excuse.....as I told you....I make no excuses. If Bridgeport wins...it is because they are better and/or make fewer mistakes than Decatur. You will not hear another word from me about injuries. I have been too busy getting my life back together to get back on here........I do miss Friday Night Fever and the boys. I miss being on the air with you all.

Budman007
11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
21 seniors total
#3, #6gone, #10gone, #16, #31questionable

injuries to other classifications as well. I am not going to dwell upon injuries to seniors or others......and it is not Decatur's or my excuse.....as I told you....I make no excuses. If Bridgeport wins...it is because they are better and/or make fewer mistakes than Decatur. You will not hear another word from me about injuries. I have been too busy getting my life back together to get back on here........I do miss Friday Night Fever and the boys. I miss being on the air with you all.

Thanks, Gilbert. I knew you would come through. Even with the injuries, I know the Bulls will get Coach Story's and his Eagles very best. Glad to see you back. You've been sorely missed in these parts.

Budman007
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
QB out---no big deal. WR #3 out---start airing up the roundballs in Decatur today!

GO BULLS!!!

5wide
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I just hope Henson remembers the past couple of years when Story could have put up triple digits on the score board but kept in down....cause the eagles are young and their is talent coming but this year is clearly the bulls year so good luck to both teams and keep it clean

BullsFan
11-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Past couple of years? I hope you're not including last year, which went into overtime and which could easily have gone either way. 2006 the score was 56-20, and the year before that was 66-34. In 2004 it was 64-28. And if you think that was "keeping the score down", someone somewhere has a bridge they'd be happy to sell you. ;) If you seriously believe Decatur hasn't run the score up on us in Story's time, then I can quote you all the other scores. But surely you see my point.

C'mon, let's be honest here. There's never been a time when these two teams didn't play each other as hard as they could and run the score up as high as they could. This year the pendulum is swinging Bridgeport's way, but I'm sure it'll go the other way at some point. For our sake, I hope that's many many years away....but if it's not, I expect Story will run the score up on us just like he always has. For this year I hope the Bulls score as many as they can. :D

Bullaholic
11-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
I just hope Henson remembers the past couple of years when Story could have put up triple digits on the score board but kept in down....cause the eagles are young and their is talent coming but this year is clearly the bulls year so good luck to both teams and keep it clean

Whoa, 5wise....triple digits? I think not. Story put up all he could at 60+ and I think it's our turn to return the favor.

I'll agree with your sentiment for a clean, hard-fought, and injury free game.

5wide
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
haha I know the '04, '05 and '06 decatur teams all had 50 and more in the third qtr. So yes not tripple digits but you know as much as I know 60 was putting the cruise on and letting off the gas.

Bullaholic
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
haha I know the '04, '05 and '06 decatur teams all had 50 and more in the third qtr. So yes not tripple digits but you know as much as I know 60 was putting the cruise on and letting off the gas.

Yep, and this year's Bulls team would hang 50+ on any of them. :D

5wide
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
haha thats pretty funny...one good year for the bulls and all those butt whoopins seem to fade away! It's okay we all know who owns the overall record. Yall have quite the catching up to do...:) :)

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Yep, and this year's Bulls team would hang 50+ on any of them. :D

Right up until we played Brownwood, I would have said no one
would hang forty on our defense.:thinking:

BullsFan
11-02-2008, 10:58 PM
haha thats pretty funny...one good year for the bulls and all those butt whoopins seem to fade away! It's okay we all know who owns the overall record. Yall have quite the catching up to do...:) :)

Normally it's the Bulls who are talking about potential and young teams and what happened some other year. Man, it is NICE to be excited about what's going to happen this year! :)

Budman007
11-02-2008, 11:55 PM

It's ok, 5wide. The thrashing the Bulls will give your Eagles Friday night will be remembered for years to come!

Year of the Bulls!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
GO BULLS!

Yup, Decatur owns the recent streak and overall record. But it won't diminish any of my excitement with a big Bull victory on Friday night.

GO BULLS!

5wide
11-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Disagree with the running the score up. When the offense is that much better than the defense( as decaturs was during the streak and clearly how bports is this year) its hard not to score. I can assure you story never had any intention of running the score up. As for this years game Bport wil be able to score at will as every other team has against the eagles. To be quite honest, I think it might be a good thing to take a thumping from the bulls. Decatur players are way to cocky for being an average ( if even that) football team. They havnt proved anything this whole year. They are living on decatur recent history instead of making their own. Again good luck to the bulls and never any hard feelings just some fun rivalry trach talk

Budman007
11-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Disagree with the running the score up. When the offense is that much better than the defense( as decaturs was during the streak and clearly how bports is this year) its hard not to score. I can assure you story never had any intention of running the score up. As for this years game Bport wil be able to score at will as every other team has against the eagles. To be quite honest, I think it might be a good thing to take a thumping from the bulls. Decatur players are way to cocky for being an average ( if even that) football team. They havnt proved anything this whole year. They are living on decatur recent history instead of making their own. Again good luck to the bulls and never any hard feelings just some fun rivalry trach talk

It sure is hard not to score, when as in 2004, Coach Story left his starters in the entire game with the Bulls playing subs pretty much the entire 4th quarter. Bridgeport folks, the coaches, and more importantly, our current seniors who were at that game all remember. Coach Henson probably has too much class to run up the score too much this week, but believe me he will have a lot of encouragement to do just that.

Year of the Bulls!!!

LeonJr
11-03-2008, 07:07 AM

Bridgeport Varsity 9-0
Bridgeport JV 9-0

GO BULLS!!!

Leon ask "Other than their record what else do you know about the Sub-Varsity teams?":thinking:

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
What do you want to know?

Re: running the score up...

If you put second and third stringers in to run the ball up the middle and they score... so be it. I would never tell second or third stringers to just fall down. No matter if it was Bulls or Eagles on top.

GO BULLS!

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
4 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes... and counting down!!!

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
4 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes... and counting down!!!

Slpy, I heard some Decatur folks were going to try to sabotage the lights at Bull Stadium....:D

We all know that the only lights going out Friday night will belong to the Eagles. Go Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I'll bet some of those lights stay on all night.... and maybe the next night... and maybe..

NateDawg39
11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Decatur wins... It is my will and it shall be done ;)

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Nate... this is 2008, NOT 2006.

Just trying to help ya out some...

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Decatur wins... It is my will and it shall be done ;)

You know it's comin', Nate.....:D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/pluckchick2.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
4 days, 6 hours, 17 mins...

blaster
11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Go Bulls Go!!!!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 02:19 PM
B.O.O.M.B!!!

blaster
11-03-2008, 02:36 PM
I can't stop singing that commercial jingle "I feel like chicken tonight, chicken tonight!"

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by blaster
I can't stop singing that commercial jingle "I feel like chicken tonight, chicken tonight!"

That's good blaster... because (completely off topic) all I can hear in my head is the Five Dollar Footlong subway commercial. LOL

whatdoiknow?
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
5Wide....If you think Story put it on cruise and let off the gas, you need to review the game films. Decatur scored all they could and that is o.k. if a coach wants to do it. I never let it upset me and if we can't keep you from scoring, go ahead but don't try to take the high road a couple of years later when you know you have it coming your way. In Henson's tenure here, we have had the chance to run up the score 3 times on Decatur and Henson turned it down all three times. If you think there is satisfaction in 66 points, you should experience the thrill of watching 3rd stringers take a knee. That my feathered friend is true joy.

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
5Wide....If you think Story put it on cruise and let off the gas, you need to review the game films. Decatur scored all they could and that is o.k. if a coach wants to do it. I never let it upset me and if we can't keep you from scoring, go ahead but don't try to take the high road a couple of years later when you know you have it coming your way. In Henson's tenure here, we have had the chance to run up the score 3 times on Decatur and Henson turned it down all three times. If you think there is satisfaction in 66 points, you should experience the thrill of watching 3rd stringers take a knee. That my feathered friend is true joy.

Good to see yet another Bulls supporter, whatdoiknow. Our ranks are growing as the Bulls continue their stampede to the title. Only one "speedbump" left on the road to the playoffs.

Budman007
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Good to see yet another Bulls supporter, whatdoiknow. Our ranks are growing as the Bulls continue their stampede to the title. Only one "speedbump" left on the road to the playoffs.

Hey Bullaholic, could that "speedbump" on the road actually be a dead buzzard???

GO BULLS!!!

whatdoiknow?
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Bullaholic....I'm not new, I just don't post often but when I see a comment as goofy as the one posted by 5wide, I can't let it pass. On another note, wanna make a guess on the size of the crowd coming from the east this year? I would bet it will be on the light side but I won't miss a single one of 'em. It is times like these that make them realize they live on a little bitty hill instead of a mountain.

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Bullaholic....I'm not new, I just don't post often but when I see a comment as goofy as the one posted by 5wide, I can't let it pass. On another note, wanna make a guess on the size of the crowd coming from the east this year? I would bet it will be on the light side but I won't miss a single one of 'em. It is times like these that make them realize they live on a little bitty hill instead of a mountain.

Well don't be such a stranger---to quote "Slingblade"- "I like the way you talk.":D

BTW--I heard the Decatur folks drew straws to see who has to go to the game Friday.

NateDawg39
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Bullahollic I will give you and your Bulls one chance to back out of this game... I would take it if I were you!!! :mad:

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Bullahollic I will give you and your Bulls one chance to back out of this game... I would take it if I were you!!! :mad:

Nate, you old Eagle has-been, good to hear from you....

Yep, the Bulls could "back out" and run backwards and still score 50+ on Decatur this year.

BTW--Were you one of the unlucky Decatur fans drawing a straw? If you did, you're going to be peeking between your fingers for 4 quarters. :D

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Slpy,......somebody told me that they were picking up 2 extra tanks of air for the Bullhorn to be blown at the Decatur game after Bull TD's. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Slpy,......somebody told me that they were picking up 2 extra tanks of air for the Bullhorn to be blown at the Decatur game after Bull TD's. :D

I don't know about that.... BUT:

I am working out this week so I can wave my flag after all those scores.

:D

NateDawg39
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Nate, you old Eagle has-been, good to hear from you....

Yep, the Bulls could "back out" and run backwards and still score 50+ on Decatur this year.

BTW--Were you one of the unlucky Decatur fans drawing a straw? If you did, you're going to be peeking between your fingers for 4 quarters. :D
No we used feathers :devil:

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
No we used feathers :devil:

If you need some more, Nate, I am sure we can give you all you need about 10:30pm on Friday!

:D :D :D

Daddy D 11
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Who has Bridgeport played this year?

popcorn screen
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
the six of you who voted for the eagles are true fans. Not sane at the moment, but true fans. You better pray they dont score 50 on you. That team is solid.

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Who has Bridgeport played this year?

Breckenridge
Mineral Wells
Prosper
Argyle
Graham
Burkburnett
Iowa Park
Vernon
WF Hirschi
Decatur- 11/07/08

Daddy D 11
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Breckenridge
Mineral Wells
Prosper
Argyle
Graham
Burkburnett
Iowa Park
Vernon
WF Hirschi
Decatur- 11/07/08

Thanks.

lakers
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
GO BULLS!!!

KEEP ROLLIN!!!:wave:

NateDawg39
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I hope Bridgeport isnt looking to much into the first undefeated season they have had in a while... Decatur can put the points up and they have proved it against some good teams. Its sad to have to watch some great players injured for such a great game for Decatur. I heard around 7 total who were starters at one point who cant play due to injuries. Of course they are mostly Defense. All in all I think both teams will play hard and give one another the respect they both deserve... or something like that.

NateDawg39
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
By the way... If somehow Decatur pulls off the upset, would it be possible for them to replace Vernon for the playoffs?

Budman007
11-03-2008, 10:20 PM
By the way... If somehow Decatur pulls off the upset, would it be possible for them to replace Vernon for the playoffs?

Vernon would also have to lose to IP which is'nt likely. Of course, the odds of IP beating Vernon would be much better than the odds of Decatur beating the Bulls!;)

BullsFan
11-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Thanks.

So did you figure out who Bridgeport was?

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
So did you figure out who Bridgeport was?

Ahem... now BullsFan, you know that was not a proper thing to say...

You should have said... "Did you figure out who Bridgeport IS?

Bullaholic
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Ahem... now BullsFan, you know that was not a proper thing to say...

You should have said... "Did you figure out who Bridgeport IS?

We're going to let em' all know who we are during the next 6-7 weeks, Slpy. The year of the Bulls cometh......

"Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky"

(Ghost) Riders In The Sky lyrics are copyright Johnny Cash and/or their label or other authors

whatdoiknow?
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Ohhhh the greatness of Friday Nights in Texas....We have taken our lumps over the years but I don't recall any whining on the west side of the Sandy about injuries etc. We take our lumps and then actually win playoff games. As I recall years past, I will never forget when Decatur had a metal outline of an eagle connected to a propane tank. When the teams would come onto the field for the start of the game, they would light the eagle. Sounds great in theory but in practice it was a total mess. In the immortal words of Mikey Thomas, "look coach!!! they are burning their own frigging eagle!!! It is a shame that every football fan in Texas did not get to watch that kid play the game.

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Ohhhh the greatness of Friday Nights in Texas....We have taken our lumps over the years but I don't recall any whining on the west side of the Sandy about injuries etc. We take our lumps and then actually win playoff games. As I recall years past, I will never forget when Decatur had a metal outline of an eagle connected to a propane tank. When the teams would come onto the field for the start of the game, they would light the eagle. Sounds great in theory but in practice it was a total mess. In the immortal words of Mikey Thomas, "look coach!!! they are burning their own frigging eagle!!! It is a shame that every football fan in Texas did not get to watch that kid play the game.

Yep... I remember that eagle... It was kind of wacky. It really just looked like a huge ball of fire... was kind of hard to make out the eagle.

I remember Mikey... and also Stephen Howard... BIG MEN.

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Time until Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:30:00 PM (Dallas time)
3 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 42 seconds

Bullaholic
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Time until Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:30:00 PM (Dallas time)
3 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 42 seconds

WISE CO. ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST:

Decatur Eagle

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
WISE CO. ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST:

Decatur Eagle

LOL... reminds me of....

BEAT THE EGRETS!!!

(thank goodness Chili's was built and elimintated that mess!)

blaster
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Was it the Egrets or Eagles that caused the mite problem?

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
LOL...

GO BULLS!

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Decatur Decatur DECATUR!!!! How many times do I have to tell you this?:mad:

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 09:36 AM
2 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 31 seconds

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Anybody want to make a final score prediction?

I say Bulls 56-21.

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Not until Thursday night. Then I will throw mine out there.

But it will have a Bull Victory projected!

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Very funny articles by Robert Morgan in today's Decatur Messenger...

I almost feel like the Bulls are the underdog after reading them.

Oh, hold on one second... *checking calender* Okay, yeah nothing to worry about... we are playing in 2008.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 10:37 AM

Oh, hold on one second... *checking calender* Okay, yeah nothing to worry about... we are playing in 2008.

Yep, Mr. Morgan has been forced to give the Bulls their due credit this season, still clings to his "superior coaching" argument, and loves the Eagle glory days of yesteryear.

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I am hoping for a game on Friday that will finish with not one good thing to say...

about the Eagles!

(Okay, other than they played hard, no serious injuries, etc. etc.)

5wide
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
63-20 bulls....blowout in the first half and easy second half points for the eagles

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 02:28 PM
63-20 bulls....blowout in the first half and easy second half points for the eagles

A pretty honest prediction, 5wide. Conversely, the Eagles score enough points for this one to be tighter than we would like, if we don't take care of business and come out from the beginning with the fire of past losses in our eyes.

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 02:28 PM

lol I love hearing this every year... Its ok though. It has been the only thing Bridgeport has had worth arguing about in Morgans time here :devil: By the way, do you west side folk know the all time record for this game?

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
lol I love hearing this every year... Its ok though. It has been the only thing Bridgeport has had worth arguing about in Morgans time here :devil: By the way, do you west side folk know the all time record for this game?

Naw, we never get reminded. You want to tell us one more time, Nate? :rolleyes: You can increment the Bridgeport "W's" by one right now if you want, Nate. :D

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Naw, we never get reminded. You want to tell us one more time, Nate? :rolleyes: You can increment the Bridgeport "W's" by one right now if you want, Nate. :D I wont give you the time of day :D Unless my Eagles come out on top, the I will.

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Ken I know yall have the offense to get it done but how about that Defense? Is it good enough to get yall back to Texas Stadium again?

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I wont give you the time of day :D Unless my Eagles come out on top, the I will.

Eagles come out on top, Nate? You guys have got about as much chance as a trophy moose in Sarah Palin's backyard. :D

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Eagles come out on top, Nate? You guys have got about as much chance as a trophy moose in Sarah Palin's backyard. :D Im sure she would hook me up! :)

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 04:39 PM

Yeah, we know. That's why I am glad we aren't just reliving the past... and instead are playing a game on Friday! :D

Budman007
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
How about some potential headlines in the Wise County Messenger by big, bad Bob this coming Saturday?

"Eagles Trampled By Bulls' Stampede"
"Eagles Drown In Maroon Tidal Wave"
"Eagles Throttled By #1 Team In State"
"Buzzards Circle Bull Stadium Searching For Avian Cousins" or

C ome
H elp
A
N umb
G roaning
E agle crowd

Others???

GO BULLS!!!

5wide
11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
hmm...thats funny...it says your ranked 8th in the AP poll, not 1st ;);)

5wide
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
and it looks like the eagles take first blood....a clean sweep of the 7th and 8th teams last night.

Eagles-2

Sissies-0 lol

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 11:05 PM
and it looks like the eagles take first blood....a clean sweep of the 7th and 8th teams last night.

Eagles-2

Sissies-0 lol

Do you have the final results for both 7th and 8th A teams and B teams? Just looking for 'em...

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
How about some potential headlines in the Wise County Messenger by big, bad Bob this coming Saturday?

If its anything like those pathetic articles in todays Mess they would read something like this...

"Bulls Destroy Eagles like Eagles did to Bulls in 1980"

slpybear the bullfan
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
1 day, 10 hours, 31 minutes and 34 seconds

Bullaholic
11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Has Decatur ever been 9-0, or 10-0?

5wide
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
1975, they went 13-1, i think 88 they had the same record and '02, '04 and '06 all had 10-0 seasons. Will this be yall's first?

Bullaholic
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
1975, they went 13-1, i think 88 they had the same record and '02, '04 and '06 all had 10-0 seasons. Will this be yall's first?

Well, we have played 15 games in one season in the modern era.

5wide
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
yea but where have you been the past 5 years???
Obviously not around the wise county messenger...lol

Budman007
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Was'nt '88, it was '80 when the Eagles went 13-0 before losing to Pittsburg. In '88 I believe the Eagles lost to Northwest early in the season.

Budman007
11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
yea but where have you been the past 5 years???
Obviously not around the wise county messenger...lol

Where have we been the past 5 years? Watching several good Decatur teams go 1 and done after meeting Abilene Wylie.

You mean the Decatur Messenger???

GO BULLS!!!

5wide
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
true statement on both accounts bud

Budman007
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Decatur has had a great winning tradition for almost 50 years ever since Coach Neal Wilson's era.

Bridgeport has started a great winning tradition in the past 15 years under Coach Danny Henson.

GO BULLS!!!

Bullaholic
11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Decatur has had a great winning tradition for almost 50 years ever since Coach Neal Wilson's era.

Bridgeport has started a great winning tradition in the past 15 years under Coach Danny Henson.

GO BULLS!!!

You know Sportsdude, our newest board member, will be chomping at the bit to get a hold of this one, Budman. :D

Decatur has had a better time against us in recent years, Budman, ever since they borrowed our offense.

NateDawg39
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
You know Sportsdude, our newest board member, will be chomping at the bit to get a hold of this one, Budman. :D

Decatur has had a better time against us in recent years, Budman, ever since they borrowed our offense.
Borrowed and perfected...:devil:

5wide
11-06-2008, 12:34 PM
but in those 15 games you only one 9...coul have been 10 but those eagles just wouldnt let it happen. Decatur has been to the semi's twice....more than bport if i recall

Yall still throw the ball more than us...we've just been more productive. And we look better too haha

exbull
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM

great the best part of this site was no "sports dud" now where am I going to go?

Bullaholic
11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by exbull
great the best part of this site was no "sports dud" now where am I going to go?

LOL. Grin and bear it, exbull---look at all the fun you're going to have exposing all of spotsdude's whoppers. :D

OldBison75
11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Congratulations to the Bulls on a so far undefeated season. They had great wins over good Prosper and Burkburnett teams. They have scored alot of points and played pretty good defense.

My question is, are they as good as their poster believe? I looked up their schedule and found that the opponents they have played have a combined won-loss record of 31-51. Only three opponents even have a winning record and 4 have won 1 game or less this year.

It's damn hard to judge the overall potiential of the team when you have not seen them play. I just thought with all the bragging I have seen, the Bulls had played top quality teams almost every week and won.

I am not trying to degrade the Bulls, but I only have the redcoeds to go on. Can anyone besides a Bulls fan give me an analysis of the team as you saw them , compared to other teams you have seen play. I know they have quality wins over Burkburnett and Prosper, so maybe those poster can me me some insight. Thanks, and good luck Bulls.

Budman007
11-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Congratulations to the Bulls on a so far undefeated season. They had great wins over good Prosper and Burkburnett teams. They have scored alot of points and played pretty good defense.

My question is, are they as good as their poster believe? I looked up their schedule and found that the opponents they have played have a combined won-loss record of 31-51. Only three opponents even have a winning record and 4 have won 1 game or less this year.

It's damn hard to judge the overall potiential of the team when you have not seen them play. I just thought with all the bragging I have seen, the Bulls had played top quality teams almost every week and won.

I am not trying to degrade the Bulls, but I only have the redcoeds to go on. Can anyone besides a Bulls fan give me an analysis of the team as you saw them , compared to other teams you have seen play. I know they have quality wins over Burkburnett and Prosper, so maybe those poster can me me some insight. Thanks, and good luck Bulls.

I am one of those biased Bulls fans, so be sure to take a large grain of salt with my words. But, since this is The Battle of Big Sandy thread I think any Bridgeport or Decatur fans should be able to comment.

The Bulls have had only 3 semi-close games---Prosper (6pts), Argyle (6pts), and Burk (16pts). All the other 6 games were complete blowouts with 334 PF and 88 PA. Most of these games had subs in the entire 4th quarter.

This group of 32 seniors on the Bulls team had only lost 3 games from 7th-9th grades before they were gutted for the Varsity as sophomores. The Bulls are for real.

GO BULLS!!!

NateDawg39
11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I can tell you from a Decatur stand point that they are good. I was around some good Decatur teams that were playoff contenders and this Bull team could easily keep up with the 02 or 04 teams. Im not sure if they are ready to play the big one yet but time will tell.

OldBison75
11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Again, I'm not at all questioning the Bulls as a top notch team, just seeking information. Any team that goes undefeated, no matter who they play, has to be respected. It is damn hard to keep high school kids focused for 10 minutes, much less ten games. Plus, high school kids have a tendency to start believing they can't be beat right before they find out they are not as smart as they thought. I appreciate your info and hope to hear more from opponents posters.

Bullaholic
11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Again, I'm not at all questioning the Bulls as a top notch team, just seeking information. Any team that goes undefeated, no matter who they play, has to be respected. It is damn hard to keep high school kids focused for 10 minutes, much less ten games. Plus, high school kids have a tendency to start believing they can't be beat right before they find out they are not as smart as they thought. I appreciate your info and hope to hear more from opponents posters.

OldBison....Like Budman, I can't give you the unbiased opinion you seek, so all I can do is re-quote some of the obvious barometers that are used to objectively evaluate teams:

Ratings: Top ratings in nearly every poll from rankings to power.

Stats: I think the Bulls would be among the leaders

The Bulls have always been famous for their offense(some past state passing/receiving records) , and this year's Bulls offensive team is as good, or better than any prior year's. They execute with a high degree of precision both thru the air and on the ground due to a great "O" line with good size and technique, a fast, elusive RB, a fast, elusive QB who throws well from the pocket or on the run, and 4 good WR's who all run patterns very well and have great hands.. Our weakness has always been a complete 4-quarter defense. We have had a lot of good players on our D's in past years, but never one as complete as this year's in tackling and speed getting to the ball.

I apologize for giving you an opinion you didn't ask for, and will discount because of origin. Looks like you have a lot of proud Rattler fans this season, also. You have a lot of which to be proud---no shame in that.

No doubt we could get beat by somebody in the playoffs, or even Friday night if we don't play, but I think this team will go deep-----if we don't---make mine fried. :D

5wide
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
natedawg, im not so sure they couold have kept up with the '04 team...but then again everyone has there own opinions. But Bport is def a team that will come out and suprise people. The defense is what has hurt them in the past but it looks like they have that side of the ball figured out....g'luck bulls in the playoffs but for this week i hope it's their worst game of the year ha

OldBison75
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey guys, I don't discount your opinions. I really know very little about the Bulls beyond what I have read on this board. I, like you, think the Bulls could be a contender for a title based on the points for and against if for no other reason. High profile wins against Prosper and Burkburnett tell me they are pretty good, if not outstanding. I am trying to learn enough that I won't be totally ignorant about posting on playoff threads they are involved in. THANKS

whatdoiknow?
11-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I know it is a stretch and very hard to compare, but look at some of the wins our opponents have had this year. Prosper crushed Celina and Burk has beaten some quality teams as well. Argyle is certainly a quality team. Graham has been a little schizo so that is difficult to gauge also. I talked to some scouts from another undefeated team and their opinion was Bridgeport is definitely the best team they have seen play this year. Their impression was Bridgeport's defense is very sound and their offense is good enough to outscore anyone.

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 12:10 AM
0 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 2 seconds

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Congras to the Bridgeport JV!

They beat the Eagles...
...went undefeated in district to win a dist title...
...and went undefeated on the season!

GO BULLS!

NateDawg39
11-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Congras to the Bridgeport JV!

They beat the Eagles...
...went undefeated in district to win a dist title...
...and went undefeated on the season!

GO BULLS!
What a game by the freshman teams!! Big things for both temas in the next few years im sure

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, slpy still talkin the same ol garbage. i wish he would do that talk to my face or on the phone (940-627-5987). i will also be wearing a black polo tonight, come tell me what you really think. but i know you won't. scared.

exbull: i know where you can go.

The Battle of Big Sandy - how bout that bonfire last night? roasted bird. lotsa fun.

Bridgeport: Just might be the best team ive ever seen in wise county. very comparable to the 04 decatur team...only better offensively.

Decatur: two surprises tonight, but it won't help in the end.

...and finally, thanks to the bridgeport fan who invited me out here. you rock, and you know how you are.

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sportsdude
Wow, slpy still talkin the same ol garbage. i wish he would do that talk to my face or on the phone (940-627-5987). i will also be wearing a black polo tonight, come tell me what you really think. but i know you won't. scared.

The Battle of Big Sandy - how bout that bonfire last night? roasted bird. lotsa fun.

Bridgeport: Just might be the best team ive ever seen in wise county. very comparable to the 04 decatur team...only better offensively.

Decatur: two surprises tonight, but it won't help in the end.

...and finally, thanks to the bridgeport fan who invited me out here. you rock, and you know how you are.

There goes the neighborhood...:D

BTW, sportsdude---you have to tell the truth on here......these guys on this site really know their stuff.

whatdoiknow?
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Sportsdude....you are and always have been a big bag of wind. Your article in this weeks paper was pathetic pandering to your Decatur readers and to Coach Story. That is why the only people that call the paper Wise County Messenger are the people working for the Messenger. Everyone else knows it is the Decatur Messenger. Whenever someone writes something you don't like, you get defensive and call them a coward. If you are going to be so sensitive, why do you read it? You say the average person doesn't know squat about journalism but I do know a reader should not be able to discern a reporter's biases. If you want to express an opinion, do it as an editor, not as a reporter.

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Sportsdude.....Because you are new I'm going to give you a little free advice. It is not good form to call out a board owner in your very first post. Slpybear is one of the most respected and well-liked posters up here, so let's please talk just football o.k?. Personal exchanges listing phone nos. are best handled via PM.

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
bullaholic,
haha, thanks for the tip. i was just letting him know, id love to talk to him in person because he said the same stuff on the other website about my job, and if i was on here blasting him about his job, i would expect the same from him. why post on here when he can tell me in person. and if he is a board owner, then he should know this forum is about the the battle of big sandy and not a mans job that pays the bills for his family of four.

back to football. were you are the bonfire last night? the t-shirts are GREAT!

bridgeport 1, decatur 0

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
whatdoiknow,
im the sports editor.

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Bulloholic, when have i not spoke the truth? even if its something we disagree with, it does not make it a lie. it makes it a difference in opinion.

speaking of truth, what you and the bridgeport faithfull REALLY think the score will be?

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Bulloholic, when have i not spoke the truth? even if its something we disagree with, it does not make it a lie. it makes it a difference in opinion.

speaking of truth, what you and the bridgeport faithfull REALLY think the score will be?

I predicted 56-21 Bulls, earlier in this thread.

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
oops, sorry i missed that one. This is the HUGE thread of it being little ol Wise County.

I got 63-20 Bridgeport. New freshman QB won't help Decatur but it will be good to see the future.

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow... you take time off to do a little hunting and come back to find this...

Robert... let me get this straight... Myself, (and others), post on this thread OPINIONS of your article that you publish in a county newsaper; I call it "pathetic". And because of that now you are calling me out and wanting to fight me? Wow...

...id love to talk to him in person because he said the same stuff on the other website about my job, and if i was on here blasting him about his job, i would expect the same from him. why post on here when he can tell me in person. and if he is a board owner, then he should know this forum is about the the battle of big sandy and not a mans job that pays the bills for his family of four.

You know Robert, when you work for a paper and publish your writings to the public... then you should have thick enough skin to deal with other people's opinions of what you write. In this case, (and others), myself and folks around town thought what you wrote was lousy. I am sure you have many folks that worship your writing. Either way, if you want to work at a "man's job that pays the bills for his family of four" that earns you money by exposing your opinions to the public... then you better get a thicker skin to handle the criticism. Not want to fight people when they give some you don't like.

Umm, do you mean you can have an opinion? Like I did of your article? Yeah. I get this game. Just like on the FNF board, if you insult people or offer a bad opinion or rag on posters who support their team, then you are just "stirring the pot" and laugh it off or are offering a "difference in opinion." But when someone does it about your work at the paper, well, we see above how you handle that.

Whatever, I am not going to clutter up this board with any more of this junk. As I mentioned many times on the FNF board and on this board, I always wave a big Bull flag cheering on the Bulls while sitting up in the stands on Friday nights, home or away. If there is something about my opinions of your work that has so wounded your pride or professional career that you feel the need to come talk to me... come on up and sit a spell.

NateDawg39
11-07-2008, 01:57 PM
ummm.... So how about the big game eh?

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 02:04 PM
ummm.... So how about the big game eh?

70-7, Bulls!

(At least that is my hope).

Actual prediction?

55-13, Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 02:06 PM
By the way, great entry today by Barry Green in his blog!

And thanks to that faithful fan who sent in the pic to Barry! :clap: :clap: :clap: 7-2-1! LOL

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 02:27 PM
ACK! slpy, fight? where did you get that, hahaha. i just wanna meet you. i know most everyone else, but the one guy that talks down to me the most i don't. i don't know you, so i don't talk about you personally or about your profession, so it would be hard for me to walk up to you. you know who i am.

fight? yikes! i still can't figure out where you started that funny rumor.

GO DRAGONS!

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
ACK! slpy, fight? where did you get that, hahaha. i just wanna meet you. i know most everyone else, but the one guy that talks down to me the most i don't. i don't know you, so i don't talk about you personally or about your profession, so it would be hard for me to walk up to you. you know who i am.

fight? yikes! i still can't figure out where you started that funny rumor.

GO DRAGONS!

What kind of shape will Decatur be in to play tonight?

whatdoiknow?
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Sportsdude....you are an editor when you determine the content of the paper, a reporter when you write a story. As you stated elsewhere, is that not Journalism 101? Also, when you get bent out of shape and call the other person a coward, that is calling them out, but I am not surprised you backed down without an apology for a poorly written post that did not make clear what you were doing. Then again, you can use the "stirring the pot" excuse here as well.

exbull
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM

Please do tell!!!

Remind me to find whoever invited you here so I can thank them tonight. Dont know how we have made it without you.

BullsFan
11-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Sportsdude, up to his same old tricks. Can't actually respond to anything anyone else says, turns it into a personal attack, then backs off whenever someone calls him on it. You just wanna "meet" slpy? Is that why you called him a coward and implied he was trying to take food out of your childrens' mouths?

And just for the record, I read the blog you so obligingly linked to. "(and there are very few)" Seriously? Is that what you really think? Because I can assure you there were some fairly significant people this side of the Big Sandy who thought very little of your efforts this week, journalistically speaking. And while I may not be a dairy farmer, I can still tell when someone else doesn't know how to milk a cow.

So...back to the subject at hand. I thought the pep rally was fabulous, and was pleased to hear that the team had good practices this week. I'd say they are more than ready to fry a little eagle for dinner. GO BULLS!

ETA: No offense intended to any of the very nice Decatur posters at this site. I enjoy every one of you guys and your posts.

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 05:13 PM
3 more hours til the eagles upset win :confused:

i mean, brigeport victory:doh:

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I am looking forward to a hard-fought, clean, game with no injuries. It is always fun to play our rivals from Decatur. I hope tonight will be the big Bull victory we are all hoping for.

Year of the Bulls! Go Bulls!

5wide
11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I understand all the posts coming from the bport faithful....I do support Decatur and have read the article...I would be a lil upset as well. But also understand reporters can get attached and become a fan also. When he first arrived in beatiful Wise County, Decatur was the talk of the county. (Boyd as well in there state championship year) Being the sports editor he was always around Decatur due to how on top they were at the time (no cockyness intended) , and im pretty sure his kids attend Decatur schools as well. Yall deserve all the credit that is coming your way, don't get all cranked up over this. Besides don't yall have yalls own paper?

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
2 hours, 33 minutes and 12 seconds until it Begins.

GO BULLS.

WDA.

BOOMB.

Bullaholic
11-07-2008, 05:59 PM
2 hours, 33 minutes and 12 seconds until it Begins.

GO BULLS.

WDA.

BOOMB.

Like we talked about earlier, Slpy, I hope your arms get tired waving that flag after each Bull TD. The Bulls are ready to play this one.

DaHop72
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Like we talked about earlier, Slpy, I hope your arms get tired waving that flag after each Bull TD. The Bulls are ready to play this one. GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

BullsFan
11-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Besides don't yall have yalls own paper?

We do, thankfully, because goodness knows the paper that's supposed to be for the county isn't really for the county. And it's not him getting attached--it's him pretending all this time that he's not. But still, tonight ought to be difficult enough for him already. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 07:34 PM
55 minutes!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 10:10 PM
42-7 Bulls up at halftime.

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Bridgeport 56 - Decatur 7 Final

BullsFan
11-08-2008, 12:26 AM
What a GAME. That was pretty much fun from beginning to end, and a perfect way to end a perfect season. :)

By the way, two kids ejected in as many weeks? Sounds a whole lot like there's a lack of discipline problem.

I have to give the Decatur band props for a great halftime show. That was one of the most creative and fun shows I think I've ever seen. Good job!

The rest of my props go to the outstanding 2008 Bulls team. Keep up the good work, boys, and take us deep into the playoffs! :)

sportsdude
11-08-2008, 01:46 AM
whatdoiknow - you are living up to your name because i don't know what how much you really know. but i determine everything that goes in sports, i determine how many pages of sports there will be, i determine the layout of the sports and i determine the photos and stories that i put in and how they are used. i can have 1 page of sports, 5 pages or none if i don't feel like doing any sports. i also determine if or when i want to stir the pot. so, i determine EVERYTHING sports related. good and bad. now, perhaps you should worry about your own job description.

sportsdude
11-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by exbull
Please do tell!!!

Remind me to find whoever invited you here so I can thank them tonight. Dont know how we have made it without you.

haha, the feeling is mutual my friend :thinking:

sportsdude
11-08-2008, 01:50 AM
the firework show was a nice touch.

very nice, actually.

Bullaholic
11-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Everybody in the house knew it was coming, and the Bulls got some sweet revenge to the tune of 56-7 over our arch-rival, the Decatur Eagles, and erased 6 straight seasons of bitter memories. Well done, Bulls, we are very proud of you.

exbull
11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
That is the first time I have seen a team start its "stall" offense on the first play of the game. Also I dont ever remember a running clock in the second half of any varsity game before last night.

sinton66
11-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Congrats, Bulls. Sure feels good to be 9-0 for a change, huh?

whatdoiknow?
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
whatdoiknow - you are living up to your name because i don't know what how much you really know. but i determine everything that goes in sports, i determine how many pages of sports there will be, i determine the layout of the sports and i determine the photos and stories that i put in and how they are used. i can have 1 page of sports, 5 pages or none if i don't feel like doing any sports. i also determine if or when i want to stir the pot. so, i determine EVERYTHING sports related. good and bad. now, perhaps you should worry about your own job description.

For those on this board who wonder why the fans dislike the treatment their teams receive from the editor of the county newspaper, any questions?

Sportsdude.....for the sake of the job you continually defend, I hope Roy Eaton does not read 3A Downlow. Getting a little full of yourself there, aren't you?

In the article in today's paper it said Metts was out for discipline reasons. If the coach wanted to punish him, he should have made him play in the game. I still can't believe the greatest coach in the history of ever, your opinion not mine, would feed the Parker kid to the wolves like that. Story conceded the game before it began so why would he put a good freshman with talent through that? If you don't think he conceded, why would he run the 25 second clock to 1 second before the snap starting with the first play of the game? In the 15 years Henson has been at Bridgeport, he has never given up no matter how bad we were overmatched, especially before the game even started.

sportsdude
11-08-2008, 12:18 PM
whatdoiknow,
coach story did not conceed. but why hurry up and run three plays and punt? you just put that great bridgeport offense back on the field quicker. that would be dumb.
as for metts, that is a good point. the bigger punishment would had let him get facew planted a few times by zach and blake....but, its not certain metts will even be the QB next year, so might as well see what the freshman can do.

as for the bull offense....i dont know that any team in the state can hold them under 28 points. just amazing.

Budman007
11-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Congrats, Bulls. Sure feels good to be 9-0 for a change, huh?

Thanks, but actually 10-0 after last night.

I would like to commend Coach Story and the Decatur Eagles for perservering thru a very challenging and difficult season this year. I realize we're not supposed to mention players names on here, but several of the Eagle players are noteworhty for their efforts last night such as Jake Williams, Matt Huddleston, Nick Martinez, Nathan and Jonathan Alling, and a few others who fought until the end and gave it all they had in an obviously losing effort. Coach Kyle Story is a class act and the Eagles will be back, but this is indeed the year of the Bridgeport Bulls. Coach Henson mentioned in the newspaper today (good article by Sportsdude) that this Bull team is not the most talented team he has ever coached in his career, but it is the best team.

Good luck, Bulls----go all the way!

Bulls #77's proud old man

Bullaholic
11-08-2008, 01:06 PM

I would like to commend Coach Story and the Decatur Eagles for perservering thru a very challenging and difficult season this year. I realize we're not supposed to mention players names on here, but several of the Eagle players are noteworhty for their efforts last night such as Jake Williams, Matt Huddleston, Nick Martinez, Nathan and Jonathan Alling, and a few others who fought until the end and gave it all they had in an obviously losing effort. Coach Kyle Story is a class act and the Eagles will be back, but this is indeed the year of the Bridgeport Bulls. Coach Henson mentioned in the newspaper today (good article by Sportsdude) that this Bull team is not the most talented team he has ever coached in his career, but it is the best team.

Budman, you make me even more proud to be a Bulls fan of many seasons.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

5wide
11-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Who are the two possible teams bport will play?

Budman007
11-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Who are the two possible teams bport will play?

Bridgeport will play the winner of Glen Rose vs Llano.

5wide
11-08-2008, 04:42 PM
thanks bud

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Budman... Great Post!