PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Dalhart

wildstangs
10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Am I correct in saying that it looks like Sweetwater will be getting Dalhart in round one of the playoffs?

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Am I correct in saying that it looks like Sweetwater will be getting Dalhart in round one of the playoffs?

If so, Lubbock or Canyon here we come. Love the stadium at Canyon, but sure hate that drive.

wildstangs
11-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If so, Lubbock or Canyon here we come. Love the stadium at Canyon, but sure hate that drive.

Would be pretty even (travel wise) for both schools to play at Plainview. They have turf and a very large stadium. Canyon and Lubbock fill up pretty quick this time of year.

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2008, 12:55 PM

Dalhart and Perryton play next Friday. If Perryton wins then
both teams will be 3-2 in district with Perryton holding the
tiebreaker advantage. If it happens then will play Perryton in
the first round.

I guess an easier way of putting it would've been...we'll play
the winner of Dalhart/Perryton in the first round.

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2008, 12:58 PM

If we play Perryton it might be in Lubbock. We played them in
Canyon a few years ago. That's alot shorter trip for them. I'm
hoping they'll have to reciprocate by playing us in Lubbock if
it's available.

wildstangs
11-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Wonder what happens if Perryton, Estacado, and Dalhart all end up 3-2. Cooper would still be in as the first place representative for D2. If Estacado wins the tie breaker, they are D1. Who goes D1 if the reps are Cooper, Perryton, and Dalhart?

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Wonder what happens if Perryton, Estacado, and Dalhart all end up 3-2. Cooper would still be in as the first place representative for D2. If Estacado wins the tie breaker, they are D1. Who goes D1 if the reps are Cooper, Perryton, and Dalhart?

Cooper does with an enrollment of 709.

Perryton's is 622 and Dalhart's is 443.5

STANG RED
11-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If we play Perryton it might be in Lubbock. We played them in
Canyon a few years ago. That's alot shorter trip for them. I'm
hoping they'll have to reciprocate by playing us in Lubbock if
it's available.

You only have to reciprocate when it happens in back to back seasons. At least that is what I have been told in the past. Seems like I have seen it happen a couple times in the past, so I assume its true.

Stangster
11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Would be pretty even (travel wise) for both schools to play at Plainview. They have turf and a very large stadium. Canyon and Lubbock fill up pretty quick this time of year.

I guess you've heard the joke about the cowboy who took a bath in Sweetwater and dried off in Plainview. Yeah, I know its corny.:rolleyes: Just couldn't resist!

STANG RED
11-01-2008, 03:54 PM

I've driven by Plainview many times but never stopped. Is their stadium nice? It's really not very far from Plainview to Canyon. Heck if I'm still in Houston by then, It's gonna be real hard for me to get to either of those places.

GetRDoneStangs
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I've driven by Plainview many times but never stopped. Is their stadium nice? It's really not very far from Plainview to Canyon. Heck if I'm still in Houston by then, It's gonna be real hard for me to get to either of those places.

Hey Marlin... ....they do have airports in the Panhandle!!!!:D :D :D

STANG RED
11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Hey Marlin... ....they do have airports in the Panhandle!!!!:D :D :D

Yea but my last 3 flying experiences have been a disaster. Between the morons working at the airports, and the airlines not giving a crap about their passengers, I've got a real nasty taste for the whole flying experience anymore. Sadly I used to love flying. But they have managed to take all the joy out of it for me now.:(
I'll just have to hope the Mustangs keep on winning till they start heading south & east. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GetRDoneStangs
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I'll just have to hope the Mustangs keep on winning till they start heading south & east. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If we can make it past 2 rounds....that will probly happen!!!

Are u coming in this weekend????

I know there is not much going on in Lil Ol Sweetwater vs. what is happening in the Big City!....But u know, we will have a good time!!:D :D

Wolf Playa
11-01-2008, 06:15 PM
As a player at Dalhart i would love too play Sweetwater..by no means will we just let yall walk all over us...i believe it will be closer than the score may show.....and for us vs Perryton..should be a good one..us and perryton are big time rivals

wildstangs
11-01-2008, 06:23 PM

I did 7 months time in Plainview last year teaching/coaching at their junior high. The stadium is pretty nice. Nice turf and very large stands. Some great mexican food in town as well.

It is about 70 miles from Plainview to Canyon, so it would definitely be an hour closer to Sweetwater.

GetRDoneStangs
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Wolf Playa
As a player at Dalhart i would love too play Sweetwater..by no means will we just let yall walk all over us...i believe it will be closer than the score may show.....and for us vs Perryton..should be a good one..us and perryton are big time rivals

I think it would be great to play you guys......I have been in Sweetwater for over 20 years and have not had the pleasure of meeting folks from Dalhart.

I hope your team stays healthy and will look forward to a meeting on the grid iron in a couple weeks!!

PS

I heard the voillyball team from Dalhart was pretty good!!!! Hope to meet u there as well!!