PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 28 Columbus 21

Pudlugger
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
The Leps played tough football with an improved ground game to stay close to an efficient and hard hitting Cardinal team. It was 14-14 at the half and the Cardinals went ahead 21-14 just into the fourth quarter. The Leps took the football down the field on the next drive to tie it up. Then with a perfectly executed onside kick they recovered and went down to score again on a neat pass play to #4 Bunch. Their was a personal foul on the extra point against the Cards so the Leps kicked off from the Cardinal 45 with another onsides kick which they did not recover. The Cards then were held to 4th and 8 and threw a post pattern to an open receiver 20 yards down field. The Lep defender hit the receiver a fraction of a second early and the Cards got 1st down and 15 yards for interference. Following that they had a couple of good runs down to the 6 yard line. They then ran over the right guard and got stopped at the 1 yard line. The Cardinal big man #76 got a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct and the Cards were backed up to the 16, 2nd and goal to go. The Leps stopped them and took the ball over on downs with a little over a minute to go. The Leps took a knee. On the next play before the ball was hiked the Cardinal safety ran up and just creamed our center. The ref threw the flag and marched off 15 yards. On the next play with 35 seconds to go the safety did it again canning our center before the snap. The refs unbelievably did not eject this player. Time expired and the Cardinals lined up to shake hands. The Lep coaches formed a line between the two teams and waved off the Leps to the flag pole to run up the victory flag. No hand shakes. It was really bizarre to see a total melt down of discipline on the part of the Cardinals in such a close game. The best team won and now on to Sealy.

hookandladder
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
La Grange pulls out big win over Columbus 28-21, Great game other than the poor sportmanship by Columbus 2 LB's. At the end of the game with all La Grange had to do was take a knee but before we could snap the ball Columbus LB's laid our center out not once but twice.Teams did not shake hands after the game.

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
nice win Leps.......:clap: :clap:

footballguru
11-01-2008, 07:43 AM
This game ended in am ugly way. LG was kneeling the ball and a kid from Columbus took a 10 yard running start and hit a lineman before the snap was ever made. If that was not bad enough, on the very next play another kid from Columbus did the same thing. The refs decided to start the clock and let it run to keep any other classless acts from taking place. The two kids from Columbus were brothers and indeed thay may be the two lowest class acts i have seen. This is not a reflection on the people from Columbus or their head coach, who are class acts. The refs told the LG players to not shaked hands and to simply go to the endzone. It was a great game by both schools up to that incident. I hope the two kids are dealt with in a severe manner. Good luck Leps against Sealy.

18handicap
11-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Congrats to the Leps! Good luck next week!

lgfandad
11-01-2008, 08:12 AM
This was a direct reflection of the coaching staff, Because it shows that they have no control over the players, The two brothers also show that they do not respect authority or their coaches by doing these type of things , They have allot of CLASS!

3afan
11-01-2008, 08:14 AM
huh? :confused:

you're gonna have to elaborate some ...

allforball
11-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Another Columbus player continually remained on top of LG players after the play was over. Later in the game was flagged for a personal foul for intentionally stomping a LG player. I believe it does reflect the coaching staff. I'm sure these same players have been penalized before for the same acts.

Kickin It
11-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by allforball
Another Columbus player continually remained on top of LG players after the play was over. Later in the game was flagged for a personal foul for intentionally stomping a LG player. I believe it does reflect the coaching staff. I'm sure these same players have been penalized before for the same acts.

Talk all you want about the two personal fouls at the end of the game, but shut your freakin mouth about number 76 remaining on top of a player until the play is over. What kid of bs is that, it is football and finishing the play. I am sure the kids didn't like getting pancaked by a 315 pounder, but that is the way it is. Do you think he is supposed to hold his block and then let him go? You are simply stupid! That kid is a class act and one of the smartest players and students around. If you could actually see his so called personal foul at the end of the game, the kid was holding his leg and he was trying to just kick out of it. There was nothing intentional about it! Why the hell would a D1 player do something like that at the 1 inch line. allforball you are a flat out idiot to call a great kid like that out!:thmbdwn:

allforball
11-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Laying on a player when the play is 15 yards down the field to me doesn't constitute finishing the play. A class act would have helped the opposing player up after "finishing the play".

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Talk all you want about the two personal fouls at the end of the game, but shut your freakin mouth about number 76 remaining on top of a player until the play is over. What kid of bs is that, it is football and finishing the play. I am sure the kids didn't like getting pancaked by a 315 pounder, but that is the way it is. Do you think he is supposed to hold his block and then let him go? You are simply stupid! That kid is a class act and one of the smartest players and students around. If you could actually see his so called personal foul at the end of the game, the kid was holding his leg and he was trying to just kick out of it. There was nothing intentional about it! Why the hell would a D1 player do something like that at the 1 inch line. allforball you are a flat out idiot to call a great kid like that out!:thmbdwn:

I don't think it is unsportsmanlike for a lineman who pancakes his opponent to lay on top of him until the end of th play. That's great blocking. I saw this player make several incredible blocks once pancaking both our DE and DT on the same play. That was outstanding! However, no matter what his intent might have been it was a bone headed move to be kicking towards another player at the bottom of a pile on the 1 foot line when two zebras are standing right over you. Two flags were thrown simultaneously so two refs saw the same thing and interpreted it as intentional. Even though the player in question was outstanding in his efforts on both sides of the ball he made a big mistake that probably cost Columbus a chance to win the game in overtime. Then to compound the matter the other two boys rolling our center like that on back to back plays just made for an ugely scene. I was unaware it was the refs who prevented the traditional post game handshake. We in the stands were shouting to our coach to refuse the handshakes and run up the flag of victory instead. Columbus is a class act and a great competitor/neighbor to La Grange. We wish them well. I am sure the coaches there will resolve this matter properly on Monday practice.

Kickin It
11-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by lgfandad
This was a direct reflection of the coaching staff, Because it shows that they have no control over the players, The two brothers also show that they do not respect authority or their coaches by doing these type of things , They have allot of CLASS!

What do you mean, "Direct reflection of the coaching staff?" I must have missed the defensive coordinators signal to cheap shot the center, make columbus look classless, and try to start a riot. Personally I don't think he could have had time to call that play. I guess you base this on the coaching staff cheering and high fiving when it happen, oh wait they did not do that. All I could see was disbelief and disappointment on the faces of the coaches. Hopefully you have been drinking or are very tired when you posted this because if not I would say that you fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down before you landed into a big pile of dumb a**! How about this, you call columbus and tell them where you work. Then the coaching staff can come to your work, pay an admission, and watch you for roughly 3 hours. Then they can make assumptions about you and how you do your job without any prior observation or knowing anything about you!!!

Pud, I definately respect your opinion, but if you ever had the chance to meet #76 you would know their is nothing unsportsmanlike about him. He plays the game how it is supposed to be played. He has pancaked DT' and DE's the same way for Columbus the past 3 years. I could see people thinking it is unsportmanlike if he was punching them, jumping up and down on them, or something else, but he is just laying on them and holding them down. It happens all the time in football. The only reason people think it is excessive is because he is 6"5 315 and is hard to miss. The way he plays and finishes his blocks is what is going to get him to the next level. I assure you he is not a dirty player and the so called unsportmanlike penalty on the 1 yard line was very questionable!!!

Kickin It
11-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by allforball
Laying on a player when the play is 15 yards down the field to me doesn't constitute finishing the play. A class act would have helped the opposing player up after "finishing the play".

Seen him help many a player up after pancaking them. However most of those where not talking crap to him after every play!