PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

duckpluck
10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
My how Brownwood has fallen. So much talk about how they were 4A last year and gonna wreck shop in 3A. Now they are gonna finish 5th in thier new 3A new district.

Welcome Brownwood.

Pick6
10-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Atleast when WOS dropped and talked trash they made the playoffs.

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 10:16 PM
EVERYONE KNEW THIS WAS COMING...:thinking:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Brownwood stepped into one heck of a stout 3A district. I think the Brownwood posters underestimated the level of play in 3A.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Lets not bash Brownwood just yet.
We still have to play them next week. Then ya'll can have at it. If we win of corse.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Its not about bashing -- its about the level of play in 3A is much tougher than many of the Brownwood posters thought prior to the season.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Its not about bashing -- its about the level of play in 3A is much tougher than many of the Brownwood posters thought prior to the season.

You are absolutely right Z.. That last two meetings between Vernon and Snyder Prove that don't they!!

By the way your daughters are gorgous, And you have a great hair cut!!

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Brownwood after they found out they were going to drop to 3a :cheerl: :cheerl: we're gonna wreck shop on these little DQ towns .

Brownwood after reality hits :foul: :foul: :weeping: :bigcry: I wanna go back to 4a so we can at least be .500

j_dog
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, truly the level of play in 3a can be very tough, just as 4a is tough.

A super 4a team dropping to 3a can have an edge for a few years, but an average 4a team dropping to 3a likely will still be average.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
You are absolutely right Z.. That last two meetings between Vernon and Snyder Prove that don't they!!

Over the years I have seen some very good football teams out of West Texas. Great match ups.

I was at the Sam Houston - KU game and was hoping to see Will Clay. I understand he redshirted so he didn't travel. I like to follow all the guys in college that I saw play in High School and he was a great back. So was Dee Walker and I followed him also last I knew he was at West Texas A&M-- but I didn't see him at the playoff game they had last year.

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I bet we'll see Bwood put a whole lot more time into their defense next season. They have a great offense, but you have to be able to play a lot better defense than they played all year.

Panther One
10-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I think Brownwood fans were basing everything on their offense, which is one of the best in 3A. They just have a horrible defense and I don't think Vaccaro would have improved it all that much. He might have helped them win one of the close ones, but one guy isn't going to put them over the top like they were predicting.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow.What a fall.

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Brownwood wasn't going anywhere without a defense. Let's just put it that way.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 12:04 AM
I am really shocked. Even with all the pre-season hype, I still expected them to have a better showing in their "introduction" to 3A!

I LOVE 3A FOOTBALL!!!:D :D :D

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Brownwood stepped into one heck of a stout 3A district. I think the Brownwood posters underestimated the level of play in 3A.

While some of Brownwood people may have underestamiated the play in 3A the majority of us did not. However I dont think any body in Brownwood thought we would struggle to find a defense like we have this year.

Great kids out there, it just has not worked out for us on defense

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I LOVE 3A FOOTBALL!!!:D :D :D
I hear ya! :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
While some of Brownwood people may have underestamiated the play in 3A the majority of us did not. However I dont think any body in Brownwood thought we would struggle to find a defense like we have this year.

Great kids out there, it just has not worked out for us on defense

Its hard to tell at the start of the season. Brownwood had a heck of a schedule this year. There are some really good teams in your district. I was glad to get rid of Graham as they had Vernon's number for many years.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Its hard to tell at the start of the season. Brownwood had a heck of a schedule this year. There are some really good teams in your district. I was glad to get rid of Graham as they had Vernon's number for many years.

This District use to be really tuff with Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Clyde, and Merkle. But now its just flat out insane with Brownwood, Breckenridge, Graham, Snyder, Sweetwater, and Wylie.

Just Crazy!!!

Stangster
11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
This District use to be really tuff with Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Clyde, and Merkle. But now its just flat out insane with Brownwood, Breckenridge, Graham, Snyder, Sweetwater, and Wylie.

Just Crazy!!!

Whoever comes out on top in this district will have already been tested more than most teams will be in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Just my onion.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Whoever comes out on top in this district will have already been tested more than most teams will be in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

Just my onion.

YESSER!

And the teams that don't get out of this District will have been far better than a lot of teams that made the playoff's from other districts.

Stangster
11-01-2008, 02:20 PM
YESSER!

And the teams that don't get out of this District will have been far better than a lot of teams that made the playoff's from other districts.

True dat! I imagine it will be frustrating for some to be airing up the basketballs while there are "lesser" teams competing in the playoffs.:(

Who-dun-it!!?
11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
True dat! I imagine it will be frustrating for some to be airing up the basketballs while there are "lesser" teams competing in the playoffs.:(

Its even worse when a dominate # 1 team in one district gets put out early by some # 3 team who squeeked in by the hair on there chinny chin-chin.

injuredinmelee
11-01-2008, 02:35 PM
What scenario(s) puts Bwood in the playoffs? What does a win over Snyder do for them? Are they officially eliminated?

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
What scenario(s) puts Bwood in the playoffs? What does a win over Snyder do for them?

It would give us small hope that Breckenridge beats Graham. That is the only way we make it in.

STANG RED
11-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
What scenario(s) puts Bwood in the playoffs? What does a win over Snyder do for them?

Wylie beating Graham last night keeps Bwood alive. If Bwood beats Snyder, they still have a shot, but it will come down to points I think. That still has them squarely behing the 8 ball though. I think they'll still need Breck to beat Graham as well.

Stangster
11-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Its even worse when a dominate # 1 team in one district gets put out early by some # 3 team who squeeked in by the hair on there chinny chin-chin.

Anything can happen (especially in the playoffs), that's why they play the games. Can't take anything for granted or look past any team.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2008, 02:48 PM
:D Even Robstown that had'nt made the playoffs since 1966 talked trash about being a powerhouse in 3a with their dropped down to 3a. Before the season started i would had gone with Brownwood backing it up more than Robstown has.