PDA

View Full Version : Grading Bridgeport and Kennedale

bleedgreen
11-14-2002, 08:06 AM
The Fort Worth Star Telegram often grades the Dallas Cowboys after a football game (here lately the grades haven't been too high). Now's the time for you to grade these two teams before they play.
Here's my score:

Quarterback: B
Running Backs: K
Wide Receiver: B
Tight End: K
Offensive Line: B
Defensive Line: Too close to call
Line Backers: K
Secondary: K
Coaching: K
Intangibles: K

Advantage: Kennedale

The intangibles would be Kennedale's loss last year in the finals : Revenge will be sweet.

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

The One
11-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Quarterback: B
Running Backs: K
Wide Receiver: B
Tight End: K
Offensive Line: B
Defensive Line: K
Line Backers: B
Secondary: K
Coaching: Too close to call
Special Teams: K
Intangibles: B

Bridgeport has the intangible because they are underdogs and no one thinks that they will win.

I have this game dead even. Coaching looks to be the difference. Which ever coach has his team ready and calls a good game will probably have the winning team. Should be a great game!

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey bleedgreen do you not like your offensive line?

As for as grading goes I think your right on the money. I would however give Bport's coach a edge, simply because of the kennedale melt down last year.

Looking forward to Friday should be a great game.

wildcat834
11-14-2002, 02:49 PM
How can you call last years loss a meltdown, sure they gave up a early lead, but Kennedales defense was terrible last year. They didn't really ever stop Bridgeport last year, only fumbles was the way Kennedale got the ball from Bridgeport.

QB- B+
RB- K+
Wr- b
TE- K+
OL- B
Dl- even
LB_ K+
Secondary- even
Coaching- not sure
Intangibles- K

This year Kennedales defense is very much improved, and there offense is nearly as good. I give them the advantage, just because the running game is more consistent than passing, and Kennedale has better athletes.

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Wildcat when you give up that kind of lead in a playoff football game some of the blame has to go to the coaching. (IE second half meltdown buddy)

As for as defense goes maybe you guys are better, but can you stop the pass? Who knows maybe you can, maybe you cant guess we will find out Friday night.

airitout
11-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Here Goes....

QB-B
RB-K
WR-B
TE-B...40+catches too much to overlook
OL-K...Bridgeport has too many injuries
DL-B...Getting better each week
LB-K...
Secondary-Even
Special Teams-K
Coaching-B
Intangibles-B

Two weeks ago I wouldn't have thought the secondaries would be even, but the new kid makes both positions much better...Intangibles...7 years in a row to the play-offs and semi-finals last year may make the difference. Hope this proves true!

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Air-Just curious what number is Bports TE?

wildcat834
11-14-2002, 08:06 PM
How can you say that Bridgeport's tight end is better, when Johnson, Kennedales tight end is a returning ALL-STATE player, just cause Kennedale does not have the passing game they have last year, doesn't make him any worse of a player. I bet he doesn't miss any blocks.

DirtyD05
11-14-2002, 09:40 PM
QB-K
RB-K
WR-K
TE-K
OL-K
DL-K
LB-K
DB-K
COACHING-K

LOOK FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO DOUBT US YOUR GOING CRAZY ITS JUST THIS PLAIN AND SIMPLE KENNEDALE IS GOING TO COME OUT ON TOP.AND YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE IT AINT NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

bleedgreen
11-14-2002, 11:09 PM
The offense has been rolling for two years now. Nobody can stop it. The defense was bad last year because all they thought about was offense. I think the players have learned a lot from experience and realize that they are going to have to get in the trenches and fight hard on defense. I believe the secondary will be reading pass patterns much better and because they have the speed, coverage will be much better. I'm excited about this game and if Bridgeport wins, they deserve all the credit. It would be great to have Region I bring home both D1 & D2 rings.

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Bleedgreen I do agree it would be great to have region 1 take home both state titles.
However I dont think you can truly predict how good your secondary coverage will be until after Friday nights game. Again just because you have alot of speed back there (you did last year as well) doesnt mean they can cover timing routes. Lets just wait and see what happens. I do believe that whoever wins this will go a long way.

this is the way we ball
11-15-2002, 09:11 AM
No doubt this game is not for all the marbles, but it is for quite a bit. The winner of this game should coast to the semi's. I know stranger things have happened, but on paper, these two teams will be tough to stop.

Bottom line: Bridgeport hasn't proven they can stop the run, and Kennedale hasn't proven they can stop the pass.

My suggestion: don't go to the bathroom until half-time and don't leave until the final horn sounds.

Good Luck! :) :( :o :D wink :p :coo eek! :confused: This game is going to have some of everything.

airitout
11-15-2002, 10:45 AM
BullBacker....Bridgeport's tight end is #5. It is hard to compare the TE's in this game because their roles are so different. Our tight end is a receiver first, blocker second, and Kennedale's are reversed. Both are good at what they do. As you can see from MY username, my preference is for our tight end. It is my hope that both teams play to their potential in an injury free game and that all fans arrive home safely. "GO BULLS"

BullBacker
11-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Airtitout thats who I thought you were talking about. Its true you really cant compare TE's for these two teams since Bport runs the spread and doesnt have a true every down TE.

K-TOWN FOOZBALLA
11-16-2002, 05:54 PM
BullBacker.. I've seen #16 play and connect long passes during The game. So if you say K-towns secondary was that bad i wonder why when it came time for #16 to connect passes he threw and interception for a TD

big balla152005
11-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Good Call AUBREY!!!!!... didnt know outcome till end... close game

KTownBalla
11-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Yeah that game was one of the best games i have seen. Except for the 3 consecutive INT's that were called back, including a touchdown. It took us 4 ints for the refs to finally give us one, and we returned it for a touchdown.

On my point spread, i was only wrong by 6 points, i called K-42 B-21...the finally score was K-37 B-21...so it's all good.

I hope we can play Bridgeport again in the playoffs, this is turning into a very heated rivalry.