Is Llano undefeated in district?
Go Texans!:)

Panther One
10-31-2008, 09:07 PM
No...they lost to Burnet.

ziggy29
10-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Final: Llano 20, Wimberley 14.

I don't think anyone seems to know for sure what that means in the playoff race. Coach Yeager was interviewed after the game and he seemed to think a 6-point win was the minimum needed for Llano to clinch but he didn't seem sure. Stay tuned....

SintonFan
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
So, with three teams making it for the playoffs. Does that mean LH, Llano and Wimberley all have the best chance(LH is in of course) for making the playoffs? Stupid SA Express News doesn't always print your teams' standings or stats. Thanks for any info...:)
Man, I know Burnet has a new coach but I hoped to see them in the mix.:(

ziggy29
10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
So, with three teams making it for the playoffs. Does that mean LH, Llano and Wimberley all have the best chance(LH is in of course) for making the playoffs? Stupid SA Express News doesn't always print your teams' standings or stats. Thanks for any info...:)
I'm not sure who knows. I don't even think Coach Yeager knows for sure; in a radio interview after the game he indicated that he wasn't certain that clinched a playoff berth for Llano but he seemed to think a 6-point win was the tiebreaker.

The idea is that only margins of victory would matter in a 3-way tie at 4-2, and that if Llano and Wimberley were tied fighting for the last position in a 3-way tie, Llano would make it based on head-to-head.

Still, I'm not sure who totally knows at this point. What a helluva game that was, though...

lange4
10-31-2008, 10:21 PM
congratulations to Wimberley on a well played game. Thier players showed a lot of class after the game, exspecially Smith #5 coming over to the Llano side after all the celabration and visiting with the players and coaches.

SintonFan
10-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Who does Burnet play next week?

Panther One
10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
If we beat Llano next week and Wimberley beats Fredericksburg (Burnet will beat Canyon Lake), the three of them will be tied at 4-2, and head-to-head won't work. So...

Wimberley 27
Burnet 21

Burnet 37
Llano 12

Llano 20
Wimberley 14

Don't ask me how it would work out, but it looks like Llano would be the odd team out based on their 25-point loss to Burnet.

ziggy29
10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Don't ask me how it would work out, but it looks like Llano would be the odd team out based on their 25-point loss to Burnet.
I could be wrong, but most sources I talk to seem to think that the margin of *victory* in a three-way tie is all that matters.

If that's the case, in a 3-way tie at 4-2, Burnet is in with a (14 or 17) point win, and Llano and Wimberley both have a 6-point win. What I'm hearing (which could be wrong) is that the tie breaker would go to Llano based on head-to-head over the Texans.

Could be wrong, though.

lange4
10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Burnet plays Canyon Lake and are in the playoffs unless Llano beats Liberty Hill

Panther One
10-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I could be wrong, but most sources I talk to seem to think that the margin of *victory* in a three-way tie is all that matters.

If that's the case, in a 3-way tie at 4-2, Burnet is in with a (14 or 17) point win, and Llano and Wimberley both have a 6-point win. What I'm hearing (which could be wrong) is that the tie breaker would go to Llano based on head-to-head over the Texans.

Could be wrong, though.
Margin of victory would definitely go to Llano over Wimberley. It would seem a little more accurate to factor in the losses by using point differential, as I know some districts do that, but we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict is here.

And of course, If Llano beats us, or if Wimberley loses to Fredericksburg, it's all a mute point.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
WOS87!!! HELP!!! SORT THIS OUT FOR US!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I love CONFUSION...:eek:

One heck of a senerio...:thinking:

SintonFan
10-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by lange4
Burnet plays Canyon Lake and are in the playoffs unless Llano beats Liberty Hill
Really????
COOL!:D

Hill Man
10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
So.....if Llano is in.. Does that mean LH goes D1 or does burnet stay? My head hurts:confused:

Panther One
10-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
So.....if Llano is in.. Does that mean LH goes D1 or does burnet stay? My head hurts:confused:
The only way we go DI is if we lose to Llano and Wimberley beats Fredericksburg. That would knock Burnet out of the playoffs. If we take care of business, we're DII.

Hill Man
10-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The only way we go DI is if we lose to Llano and Wimberley beats Fredericksburg. That would knock Burnet out of the playoffs. If we take care of business, we're DII.

We will not lose to Llano..:hand: DII it is.... Sorry jackets but that is the way of world:devil:

wimbo_pro
10-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Wimberley just doesnt have the horses to pull the cart to the play offs. The coaching is there...the will to win is there...the fight in the players is there...we just dont have the talent to pull it all together.

It's just the spin of the wheel in a small town that doesnt get move-ins or big influxes of population. We will be much stronger in the next couple of years due to our sophmore class +/- moving up...but at the moment, we dont have the size, the speed, the talent of yester-year.

I am just as proud of the boys as always, and they need to fight to secure this last play off spot. But even if they dont make it...they are OUR team, and we stand by them. Fight hard boys!!!

pirate4state
11-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wimberley just doesnt have the horses to pull the cart to the play offs. The coaching is there...the will to win is there...the fight in the players is there...we just dont have the talent to pull it all together.

It's just the spin of the wheel in a small town that doesnt get move-ins or big influxes of population. We will be much stronger in the next couple of years due to our sophmore class +/- moving up...but at the moment, we dont have the size, the speed, the talent of yester-year.

I am just as proud of the boys as always, and they need to fight to secure this last play off spot. But even if they dont make it...they are OUR team, and we stand by them. Fight hard boys!!!

:clap: :clap: Good Luck to the Texans next week. Very nice post. :2thumbsup