PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Thread....

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
2-0 Beat the Mavericks last night 112-102.

:clap:

I think we should use this thread for the Rockets the whole season.

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM
The Rockets have the new "Big 3" in my opinion.

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
The Rockets have the new "Big 3" in my opinion. Yep, I noticed how last night, when we needed a big shot, they went to Artest instead of T-Mac or Yao.

Or, more of Artest calling his own number, but he got it done on both sides of the court.

Also, that Tech he got was crap.

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
The NBA should T up josh howard any chance they get. Send him to the European league

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Josh Howard's foul on Yao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB9MlgM3XzY&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=156410

coach
10-31-2008, 05:52 PM
that wass a good solid foul..just bc yao is weaker than sot sauce doesnt mean josh howard should have gotten t'd up...its two game into the regular season rocket fans think they have it in the bag....dont count your chickens before they hatch its going to be a long season

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by coach
that wass a good solid foul..just bc yao is weaker than sot sauce doesnt mean josh howard should have gotten t'd up.

Watch the video, after the good solid foul Howard trys to trip Yao. He sure backed down when Artest came to the rescue.

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Okay...was I the only one who thought this thread was dedicated to the "Brownwood" Rocket??

Stownhorse
11-01-2008, 04:22 AM
That was called due to Artest's history. That was absurd.

coach
11-01-2008, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Watch the video, after the good solid foul Howard trys to trip Yao. He sure backed down when Artest came to the rescue.

he didnt back away lol ur just being a typical homer...and ive seent he vid 50 times and he didnt try to trip yao...yao is just a pansi...now i dont think artst shoulda gotten a tech but i know josh wasnt running away from him

Stownhorse
11-01-2008, 04:44 AM
he didnt back away lol ur just being a typical homer...and ive seent he vid 50 times and he didnt try to trip yao...yao is just a pansi...now i dont think artst shoulda gotten a tech but i know josh wasnt running away from him

He didnt try to trip, but man I strongly dislike Howard for some reason.

coach
11-01-2008, 04:48 AM
i dont like him either but hell saying he was backng away and trying to trip yao lmao thats too funny

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
i dont like him either but hell saying he was backng away and trying to trip yao lmao thats too funny

Here's another video, Howard was doing this crap all during the game. Watch after the rebound, he's trying to trip Yao and then as they come down court. On the first video, you can see him trying to step on Yao's foot (watch close).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAcmURpA8Q&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=156410

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
He didnt try to trip, but man I strongly dislike Howard for some reason.

Watch really close, the view is partially blocked by the Ref. Howard is trying to tangle his foot between Yao's feet. Looks like he is trying to step on Yao's foot. In the 2nd video, Yao gives Howard a much deserved elbow, but Howard comes back with the trip.

JasperDog94
11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
...its two game into the regular season rocket fans think they have it in the bag....dont count your chickens before they hatch its going to be a long season I don't see any Rocket's fans thinking it's in the bag. What I see is some fans who are really pumped about our chances this year. McGrady is not it game shape, Yao is getting there, and Battier (one of the toughest defenders in the league) is not back yet. Barring major injuries (and that's always an issue) this team has great potential.

Allow us Rocket's fans a little slack.;)

buffalo2006
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I guess that when the D shows up the offense doesnt and when the O shows up the D doesn't, but all that matters is the W's and staying healthy and then the Rox will be the main part of the Texas Triangle

JR2004
12-03-2008, 03:40 AM
This thread has a lot of potential for comedy when viewed later on in the season!

3afan
12-03-2008, 06:17 AM
t-mac out for 3 weeks .........

WylieBulldog92
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I keep thinking this is the other rocket's thread.

poisoned10
12-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
t-mac out for 3 weeks .........

T Mac is as injury prone as they come.

He has missed atleast 11 games in each of the past 5 or 6 season.

JR2004
02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Time to add some comedy to this thread courtesy of Tracy McGrady. Apparently he currently jumps about as high as most of us do! This is the funniest thing I've seen this year in an NBA game that didn't involve the Clippers...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4&eurl=http://clutchfans

STAggie
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Time to add some comedy to this thread courtesy of Tracy McGrady. Apparently he currently jumps about as high as most of us do! This is the funniest thing I've seen this year in an NBA game that didn't involve the Clippers...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4&eurl=http://clutchfans

They really need to trade him as I think he disrupts the entire flow of the offense. When he is in everyone is looking to get him looks instead of trying to get their own. I can see him being in a Ray Allen type role somewhere else. I keep hoping maybe the Rockets can somehow talk the suns into a McGrady/1st Round pick for Amare trade. We can all dream right?

big daddy russ
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
My thoughts on Houston...

1. They need a true superstar in the worst way. The only place they were going to get that was from T-Mac, and he's regressed instead of taking that next step.I haven't seen anything from McGrady (or the Rockets) to make me think they can play with the Spurs and Lakers, much less the Celtics in a seven-game series.

2. Yao's not a superstar and never will be. He just doesn't have it in him. Rockets fans need to lay off his nuts a little. I can smell his ballsweat in their beards.

3. Artest is a star, a glue guy, a great teammate, and someone who isn't afraid to mix it up with anyone in the league (think Rasheed Wallace), but he's not a number one option.

4. Basically, this team is a poor man's '99-'01 Blazers. Houston has a few big names, but don't quite have the star power of the Blazers and (more importantly) they lack Scottie Pippen. Because they don't have a Scottie, they don't have a chance at sniffing a title in their current state.

big daddy russ
02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
They really need to trade him as I think he disrupts the entire flow of the offense. When he is in everyone is looking to get him looks instead of trying to get their own. I can see him being in a Ray Allen type role somewhere else. I keep hoping maybe the Rockets can somehow talk the suns into a McGrady/1st Round pick for Amare trade. We can all dream right?

I like where your mind is, but I don't think Amare is the answer for any team except one that needs some added athleticism and some low post scoring. While Houston could use that, I don't think they get better by switching him and McGrady.

The Rockets need a legit superstar. They don't have that right now and you can't hope to win an NBA title without one.

STAggie
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I like where your mind is, but I don't think Amare is the answer for any team except one that needs some added athleticism and some low post scoring. While Houston could use that, I don't think they get better by switching him and McGrady.

The Rockets need a legit superstar. They don't have that right now and you can't hope to win an NBA title without one.

The thing with Amare is he bring an athletic big man who can get to the rim at ease, which can play yin to Yao's back to the basket yang. You could go with a starting line up that looks like this

PG--Rafer Alston
2G--Ron Artest/Von Wafer
SF--Shane Battier/Artest
PF--Amare Staudamire/Battier
C--Yao Ming/Amare

Those could be your two lineups, one to grind it out and play lock down defense and the other to get up and down the court and run, depending on who you are playing. Call me a wishful thinker but I would love to see that for at least the rest of this season and then maybe make a few trades during the summer if the chemistry isn't there.