PDA

View Full Version : closed field / open field

trojandad
10-31-2008, 12:21 AM
our home field is a closed field, meaning nobody from the stands are allowed on the field after the game (or obviously during)....we play against some teams that don't have this restriction...

i understand limiting people on the field for insurance reasons, security reasons, heck, even to keep fans separate from the opposite teams...lol....

but it sure has been my observation that when we play a team with a winning tradition, more times than not they will have a way for families, friends, student friends, etc. to come out on the field and celebrate with the ball players....

i know in our trips to the state finals and semis our head coaches at the time allowed families to come down with their boys....made us a tight bunch with increased town involvement....

my question is: is your home field closed to people after the game or open.......and if open, is it opened to select people (and to whom) or is it open to everyone that wants to come out?

bandera7
10-31-2008, 12:26 AM
we are...closed I guess. but there is access afterwards easily. the coaches dont care if you spend some time with the fans after the game, but they line up at the fence.

trojan37
10-31-2008, 01:10 AM
I believe West is closed. They seem to be strict about these kinds of things. China Spring is open. It was cool after West played them to see that show of support by the community as they gathered on the field with their players. I was also caught off guard when our band played our school song after the game. Our team and coaches always gather on the field in front of the band during the school song after the game, and the China Spring team and coaches gathered behind our players and coaches as our school song was being played. Very respectful team and coaches in my opinion. Way to go CS.:clap:

Stownhorse
10-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I was also caught off guard when our band played our school song after the game. Our team and coaches always gather on the field in front of the band during the school song after the game, and the China Spring team and coaches gathered behind our players and coaches as our school song was being played. Very respectful team and coaches in my opinion. Way to go CS.:clap:

Every team Ive ever watched in west texas does that.

WylieBulldog92
10-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Word.
Is that just kinda not expected everywhere else in Texas?

trojan37
10-31-2008, 07:14 AM
It's not very common around here.

Pick6
10-31-2008, 08:00 AM
I remember back in the 70's when the fans could run out on the field and celebrate with the players after a big game. It was awesome running out at Texas Stadium in 70's.

TigerDaddy
10-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Closed in Silsbee

Buffgal
10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Giddings field is closed during game unless you have a district pass. Examples of passes....given only to administrators, cheerleader sponsors, a few press members and the blow up Helmet Crew members. Cheerleaders and mascot walk onto the field with the team/coaches/water crew to shake hands. No one else is allowed. After the game and school song, Players are allowed to leave the field to visit with family/friends (out of town and home) or ring the bell @ home games.

After the field has cleared of both teams, many local kids play on the field while their parents visit with the team.

I also have seen several teams show the respect of standing for the opposing teams school song (Smithville is the first one that comes to mind) Very well received by the opposing side and also a great tool for the coach to use in more ways than teaching respect.

Another example, different sport..
My daughter ran Cross country. A grueling sport of daily year round running. Hard to keep teenagers motivated. I took her to the State Meet as a 7th grader, just to watch. As a freshman, her team qualified for State. They finished 10th. Coach made them stay and watch the medal ceremony. Only top 3 teams receive medals in CC. It was cold and raining but we watched those 3 teams get their medals. The next year, our team finished 4th. We again stayed and watched the medal ceremony. Not one day of the next year did those girls not think and openly talk about watching that medal ceremony. The third year and fourth years, those same girls who watched were on the medal stand getting their own medals.

Good move by coaches to encourage their teams to watch all state playoff games to see the athletic level and commitment of those at the top. Many times your kids are at the same athletic level and they are surprised to see that the team that is at the top is not that much better than they are, but they are more committed and have prepared more and put more effort into it. Very good teaching tool IMO:clap:

Daddy D 11
10-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Ours is open, my Sophomore, Junior and Senior year I stood on the field for every home game:D And some playoff games:cool:

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
As soon as our class song has been played our boys are off the field and headed to the field house.

Lion_Addict
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Closed, but the announcement on the PA tends to be ignored sometimes..............Daddy D, you gonna make it tonight?

Ranger Mom
10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

I remember making a post about that one time and someone coming back and saying how disrespectful that was...especially since we has just beat them!!

I had to explain to them how it was right the opposite of disrespectful!!

Daddy D 11
10-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I remember making a post about that one time and someone coming back and saying how disrespectful that was...especially since we has just beat them!!

I had to explain to them how it was right the opposite of disrespectful!!

I remember that!

And I think so Lion-Addict, depends on if there's work to be done at the ranch tonight. If there's not, I'll come hunt you down.

Lion_Addict
10-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I remember that!

And I think so Lion-Addict, depends on if there's work to be done at the ranch tonight. If there's not, I'll come hunt you down.

Dude....I ain't no freakin deer!!!:eek: :eek: No huntin allowed at Gordon Wood :p .

Hope to see ya there man :thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Dude....I ain't no freakin deer!!!:eek: :eek: No huntin allowed at Gordon Wood :p .

Hope to see ya there man :thumbsup:

No hunting allowed? That means there's no killing:eek: :(

What are we going to do next year when we come there?:devil:

Lion_Addict
10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
What are we going to do next year when we come there?:devil:

LOSE!!!! :devil: :evillol: :D

grmfan93
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
They tried to enforce the closed field rule when we first got our turf....but that didnt last long...lol

Rocket Dad
10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Dist. 19 AAA has closed fields after all games per district rule.

cookiemonster
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Per UIL Rules All Fields are supposed to be closed after the games because of safty reasons. Some schools strictly enforce the rule while others are more lenient.

blowfish
10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
The field is closed during our games except to a select few. Toward the end of our games , home and away, there is usually an annoucement to give the teams and officials ample time to leave the field before coming onto the field.

We usually wait until the school songs and team prayers are done. I can tell you it was always an honor to go onto the field and congradulate my son and his teammates as well as players and family from the other team.

I will never forget the players and family that came up to my son in the semi final game last year against Gilmer. The sportsmanship and respect was truly awesome.

trojandad
10-31-2008, 04:29 PM
the best part of the army-navy game each year is that they take turns standing behind the opposing team while each teams school song is being played...is awesome and much more indicative of the men than any strength or power shown on the field....

my hats off to china springs and their coach for that type of respctful display.....

Fal44
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Fal's is closed, but there hasn't been much to celebrate over the past few years....