PDA

View Full Version : I Remember.................................

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
back when Brownwood used to be good at football. It makes me sad, because it reminds me of how old I am.:(

DOS EQUIS
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
you old fart.... :D jk

Yeah I feel the same way when I realize that I graduated when Sweetwater was 4A. But that is okay age is nothing but a number.

95mustang
10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah I feel the same way when I realize that I graduated when Sweetwater was 4A. But that is okay age is nothing but a number. [/B][/QUOTE]

It hasn't been that long ago that Sweetwater was a 4A school. We played them in district when I was in highschool and I am not old..... well at lest I don't think so...... no what was I talking about again?

DOS EQUIS
10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Yeah I feel the same way when I realize that I graduated when Sweetwater was 4A. But that is okay age is nothing but a number.

It hasn't been that long ago that Sweetwater was a 4A school. We played them in district when I was in highschool and I am not old..... well at lest I don't think so...... no what was I talking about again? [/B][/QUOTE]

When did Sweetwater change to 3A? I was long gone from this part of TEXAS.

ccmom
10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
back when Brownwood used to be good at football. It makes me sad, because it reminds me of how old I am.:( Well, I stand corrected. All this time, I thought when my great-great Grandfather would tell stories of Brownwood being a contender,he must have been just a little confused.

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well, I stand corrected. All this time, I thought when my great-great Grandfather would tell stories of Brownwood being a contender,he must have been just a little confused.

LOL. Come on ccmom. Nobogey isn't that old. He just creaks alot
when he walks and nevermind his inability to hold in his gas,
he's had that problem since he was in high school. :D

Lion_Addict
10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
LOL. Come on ccmom. Nobogey isn't that old. He just creaks alot
when he walks and nevermind his inability to hold in his gas,
he's had that problem since he was in high school. :D

I was wondering what that smell was at the M&G......thought it was just a normal Wylie fragrance :ack!:

Looking4number8
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I was wondering what that smell was at the M&G......thought it was just a normal Wylie fragrance :ack!:

It was!

lakers
10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS

When did Sweetwater change to 3A? I was long gone from this part of TEXAS.

According to WOS87 it was the 2000 season...

bigron15
10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
it was 2000. wos is correct

sinton66
10-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
wos is correct

I would have bet a month's pay on that. :D

bigron15
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I would have bet a month's pay on that. :D

haha yea i would too. i was just confirming it

Rocket
10-30-2008, 09:08 PM
back when Brownwood used to be good at football. It makes me sad, because it reminds me of how old I am.:(

I remember when schools used to report accurate enrollment numbers to the UIL instead of doctor them up and move them around just to stay in 3A and remain competitive.

WylieBulldog92
10-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I remember when schools used to report accurate enrollment numbers to the UIL instead of doctor them up and move them around just to stay in 3A and remain competitive.
I'm confused :confused: is your memory bad?

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM

Yep, Brownwood broke ground in that area too. Course, that was back before you were born Rocket--- back when ya'll were good in football. I think I might right a song about it. But, I better wait a while just in case ya'll win these last 2, and then about 5 more. :)

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I remember when schools used to report accurate enrollment numbers to the UIL instead of doctor them up and move them around just to stay in 3A and remain competitive. I remember when Brownwood had a shot at winning district...no wait...I must be confusing that with my great-great Grandfather's stories. I know what it was...I remember when Brownwood had that unstoppable fade...no, wrong again...I need to sleep on it.

Rocket
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
I remember when Brownwood had a shot at winning district...no wait...I must be confusing that with my great-great Grandfather's stories. I know what it was...I remember when Brownwood had that unstoppable fade...no, wrong again...I need to sleep on it.

Yeah I remember when Wylie pulled out a squeaker against a much better team at home with the home cookin' stinking up the place after 2 weeks to prepare.

2-1

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah I remember when Wylie pulled out a squeaker against a much better team at home with the home cookin' stinking up the place after 2 weeks to prepare.

2-1 Did we have 2 weeks to prepare for La Vega?

Rocket
10-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Did we have 2 weeks to prepare for La Vega?

Nope, you played them at home, you didn't need it. You needed 2 weeks and home cookin' to beat Brownwood.

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Nope, you played them at home, you didn't need it. You needed 2 weeks and home cookin' to beat Brownwood.
The truth finally comes out:)

Rocket
10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
The truth finally comes out:)

Just talking smack.. you guys can dish it but can't take it? Sounds like everybody else on this board..:rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Just talking smack.. you guys can dish it but can't take it? Sounds like everybody else on this board..:rolleyes:

I put the smiley after it so you wouldn't get a chip on your shoulder, but I guess I'm just like everybody else :confused:

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Nope, you played them at home, you didn't need it. You needed 2 weeks and home cookin' to beat Brownwood. I was thrown off by the "better team" part. Actually, our boys spent those 2 weeks preparing for that unstoppable fade...you know, the one you only use as a last resort when you really need it. By the way, how's that working for ya?

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I was thrown off by the "better team" part. Actually, our boys spent those 2 weeks preparing for that unstoppable fade...you know, the one you only use as a last resort when you really need it. By the way, how's that working for ya?
Man ccmom, your are just to good for me. I think I'll just sit here and leave to smack talk to you and enjoy it. After all if I say anything, some people take it the wrong way and well........:foul:

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Just talking smack.. you guys can dish it but can't take it? Sounds like everybody else on this board..:rolleyes: Who can't take it?

Rocket
10-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Man ccmom, your are just to good for me. I think I'll just sit here and leave to smack talk to you and enjoy it. After all if I say anything, some people take it the wrong way and well........:foul:

I didn't know what you meant Texasfootball2..my bad..i know you are a good guy..I like ya...ccmom on the other hand..:thinking:

Rocket
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
I was thrown off by the "better team" part. Actually, our boys spent those 2 weeks preparing for that unstoppable fade...you know, the one you only use as a last resort when you really need it. By the way, how's that working for ya?

There was plenty of reasons why we lost that game and Wylie being the better team was definitely not it.

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Man ccmom, your are just to good for me. I think I'll just sit here and leave to smack talk to you and enjoy it. After all if I say anything, some people take it the wrong way and well........:foul: I know...I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how he interpreted what you posted and why he thinks we can dish it out but not take it???? That kool aid in Brownwood really does something to you, I guess??

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't know what you meant Texasfootball2..my bad..i know you are a good guy..I like ya...ccmom on the other hand..:thinking: No problem dude. You may not believe this but I'm kind of pulling for you guys tomarrow night for several reasons. This might be the first time I've ever actually not routed for Sweetwater to win, but if things fall just right tomarrow night next week is going to be absolutley unbelievable with all the possibilities. And besides, if the Lions win and we win we are assured at least a share of the title.:D

ccmom
10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I didn't know what you meant Texasfootball2..my bad..i know you are a good guy..I like ya...ccmom on the other hand..:thinking: It's ok to profess your love for me, Rocky. Everybody can see it. Even the "band director" knows, but I showed him your picture and he thinks he can take ya!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 10:59 PM
There was plenty of reasons why we lost that game and Wylie being the better team was definitely not it.
Perfect? :thinking: :p ;)

ccmom
10-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Perfect? :thinking: :p ;) LOL! I knew you would beat me to that!

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I see Rocket is still stammering with his words and backpeddling
with world class speed. Then again they are about to be eliminated...and atleast I'll actually be at the game...
unlike Rocket...who apparently cares so much about his team.:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-31-2008, 12:17 AM
with world class speed. Then again they are about to be eliminated...and atleast I'll actually be at the game...
Yeah and Red- isn't it just great that Brownwood is playing you guys and Wylie is playing us and that all they can talk about is each other??? Man, I am glad they are so focused on the game at hand!!!:D

WOS87
10-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
you old fart.... :D jk

I got you both beat.... WO-S was 5A when I was in the 9th, 10th and 11th grades

I'm leaving the country for this upcoming birthday next week

:D

nobogey72
10-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Yeah and Red- isn't it just great that Brownwood is playing you guys and Wylie is playing us and that all they can talk about is each other??? Man, I am glad they are so focused on the game at hand!!!:D

I thought I told you to go polish that SC golf trophy and leave us alone!!! Don't make me tell you again.:mad:

Rocket
10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Perfect? :thinking: :p ;)

HAHAHHAAHAH
Yes, the refs were...

Rocket
10-31-2008, 09:54 AM

OK now...watch it. Them there's fightin' words, pilgrim.

The last time I drove 4 hours to watch Brownwood play Sweetwater the score was 55-7 and I was highly disappointed. Sweetwater is going to have to prove to me that they are worth a 4 hour drive before I make that mistake again... :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM
OK now...watch it. Them there's fightin' words, pilgrim.

Heck, I'm probably even going to be there:p

Rocket
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Heck, I'm probably even going to be there:p

Yeah, I'll miss you man.:(

Rocket
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

Yeah, because we are the ones playing in the game. Does it really matter what direction the smack talk takes? Sheesh...:rolleyes: Nobody cares about Graham or Sweetwater. Just too boring to talk about....

ccmom
10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
The last time I drove 4 hours to watch Brownwood play Sweetwater the score was 55-7 and I was highly disappointed. Sweetwater is going to have to prove to me that they are worth a 4 hour drive before I make that mistake again... :rolleyes:
Should I save you a seat in Abilene?;)

DaHop72
10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Should I save you a seat in Abilene?;) :fnypost: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Rocket
10-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Should I save you a seat in Abilene?;)

Yeah, I'll drive to watch those refs (I mean Bulldogs) win another one. :rolleyes:

ccmom
10-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I'll drive to watch those refs (I mean Bulldogs) win another one. :rolleyes: Whatever:rolleyes: You could even sit on the Graham side...expecting a good game. And you should feel right at home, because just most of the other games you've been to this year, somebody's gonna win and it won't be Brownwood. ;)

ccmom
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Whatever:rolleyes: You could even sit on the Graham side...expecting a good game. And you should feel right at home, because just most of the other games you've been to this year, somebody's gonna win and it won't be Brownwood. ;) Meant to say, just "like" all the other games....

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 12:40 PM

Look at it this way. You have a great memory for such an old man. :p

Rocket
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Whatever:rolleyes: You could even sit on the Graham side...expecting a good game. And you should feel right at home, because just most of the other games you've been to this year, somebody's gonna win and it won't be Brownwood. ;)

So when did ya'll change your school colors to White and Black?

garciap77
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'll drive to watch those refs (I mean Bulldogs) win another one. :rolleyes:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg

;)

garciap77
10-31-2008, 01:15 PM
So when did ya'll change your school colors to White and Black?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/crying-baby.jpg

BwdLion73
10-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I got you both beat.... WO-S was 5A when I was in the 9th, 10th and 11th grades

I'm leaving the country for this upcoming birthday next week

I think I got you beat....I'm pretty sure they did not have 5A when I was in the 9th 10th and 11th grades
:confused: :o :D

nobogey72
10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/crying-baby.jpg

Rocket DOES have a little more hair than this young BWD fan. Not much, but a little.:taunt:

ccmom
10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Rocket DOES have a little more hair than this young BWD fan. Not much, but a little.:taunt: True, but I'd say the size of the mouth is dead on!

ivchris
10-31-2008, 05:21 PM
ouch.......but funny

Rocket
10-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Rocket DOES have a little more hair than this young BWD fan. Not much, but a little.:taunt:

WOW...getting personal? It's true, but HEY!

Good luck to Wylie, and I mean that with every fiber of by being. HAHA

garciap77
10-31-2008, 06:02 PM
WOW...getting personal? It's true, but HEY!

Good luck to Wylie, and I mean that with every fiber of by being. HAHA

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smiley06_2.jpg

Rocket
10-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg

;)

I just noticed this garcia! nice work..laughing hard at it..

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Nobody cares about Graham or Sweetwater. Just too boring to talk about....

Still bored with Sweetwater Rocket?LOL

Rocket
10-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Still bored with Sweetwater Rocket?LOL

Yep... for the most part.

Rocket
10-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Brownwood 33
Sweetwater 42

4th Qtr

Please if you aren't from Brownwood or Sweetwater LOG OFF the webcast so we can listen!

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Yep... for the most part.

Well 56 points ought to get your attention.