PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Rays

coach
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Great season guys but you will not make the post season next year.

Bull19
10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
Great season guys but you will not make the post season next year. :rolleyes:

aggie
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
what american team has a better young nucleus of players returning?

you can maybe argue that Anaheim does...but Tampa has just about as much talent as anybody in the American League

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by aggie

you can maybe argue that Anaheim does...but Tampa has just about as much talent as anybody in the American League Yeah, the Astros should really look at their GM and try to get one like him.:doh: :doh:

Stownhorse
10-30-2008, 01:47 PM

you can maybe argue that Anaheim does...but Tampa has just about as much talent as anybody in the American League

If they bring in a few pitchers, you better watch out. They will make another run next year.

aggie
10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
alot of teams would probably kill for a group like Kazmir, Shields, Garza, and Price...

Bull19
10-30-2008, 02:41 PM
i guess it eventually pays off to suck for a # of years in a row.

jason
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i guess it eventually pays off to suck for a # of years in a row. so it should be the rangers' turn next ???

aggie
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
haven't the rangers traded off most of their high draft picks...

i remember a couple years ago...the always kept taking about D.V.D......Danks, Volquez, and Diamond.....i know two of them are gone...haven't heard much about Diamond, think he had Tommy John's...

Bull19
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
so it should be the rangers' turn next ??? you would think, but sadly no

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2008, 03:20 PM
haven't the rangers traded off most of their high draft picks...

i remember a couple years ago...the always kept taking about D.V.D......Danks, Volquez, and Diamond.....i know two of them are gone...haven't heard much about Diamond, think he had Tommy John's...

No they have not..yes they did trade Volquez and Danks..but they still have one of the top 3 minor league systems right now

As far as the Rays...yes they are young and talented but it would not surprise me to see them take a step back next year

Baseball is always funny that way, right when you think a team is poised to be a top team for years to come strange things seem to happen

aggie
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
i did read the article...where it talked about the rangers having on of the top farm systems..

however i have kept of with the rangers since junior high, and have watched so many prospects go on to become superstars.....with other teams.....that i am not going to hold my breath...

aggie
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM
sorry...my computer is acting weird.

All out CAT
10-30-2008, 03:30 PM
The Rays are on this board?

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i guess it eventually pays off to suck for a # of years in a row.

Originally posted by jason
so it should be the rangers' turn next ???

If this wasn't a setup, I don't know what was.;)

mudhen
10-30-2008, 08:21 PM
the rays can easily pick up more pitching....maybe a Jake Peavy or even one of the 2 from the brewers that are available bc they still have a lot of talent in the farm system as well as young talent at the major league level to offer. I think with the experience they gained and seeing what it was like to win, they will be hungry

coach
10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
the sox and yanks will be better next year...the angels will be good and chi sox and minnesota will be looking to get into the playoffs and sop will the cleveland indians..the rays will not make the playoffs next year