PDA

View Full Version : State Volleyball

ForeverALobo
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Who do you think will advance to the 3A state championship from each region? Also what is your prediction for the state champion?

3afan
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Liberty Hill is a consensus #1 in football ...

thats what most folks think of vball :D

gatordaze
10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I like Prosper, Bonham and Lovejoy from the DFW area. I would love to see the Celina Ladycats win a few but they are really young with 5 Freshman and 3 Sophomores on the varsity. Look out in 2 years!

kepdawg
10-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I like Prosper, Bonham and Lovejoy from the DFW area. I would love to see the Celina Ladycats win a few but they are really young with 5 Freshman and 3 Sophomores on the varsity. Look out in 2 years!

I think they've got a good shot to win a couple before running into Prosper again.

kepdawg
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ForeverALobo
Who do you think will advance to the 3A state championship from each region? Also what is your prediction for the state champion?

I'll go way out on a limb here:

R1 Wimberley
R2 Lovejoy
R3 Somebody
R4 Bellville

cshscougar08
10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

R1 Wimberley
R2 Lovejoy
R3 Somebody
R4 Bellville

I'll take Groesbeck coming out of Region III. But I agree with you on the others. I would LIKE for us to come out of Region I, but without any height, I don't think that's gonna happen.

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM

R1 Wimberley
R2 Lovejoy
R3 Somebody
R4 Bellville

R3 Mexia or Groesbeck

gatordaze
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I think they've got a good shot to win a couple before running into Prosper again.

I hope so! My daughter plays in the middle for the team and is sure tired of her brothers talking about Bobcat football 24/7. This year was quite a turn around!

eagles26
10-30-2008, 04:52 PM
For each Region I'll predict:

Region I: Wimberley but possibly Dalhart
Region II: Prosper :) though Lovejoy is RIGHT there
Region III: Either Groesbeck or Mexia
Region IIII: I think this could be the toss-up region with so many of its' teams ranked, but if the poll is accurate then Bellville.

Hopefully, if everything works out for us (Prosper), the Regional Semifinal should be a dandy!

Reds fan
10-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Way, way, way out on a limb but:

Region 1- probably decided in the bottom bracket where Dalhart, Wimberley and Monahans are situated. Nod goes to Wimberley.

Region 2- Lucas Lovejoy

Region 3- Mexia

Region 4- A very good chance a D25 rematch between Bellville and Columbus, barring an upset by La Grange in their seeding match with Columbus, in the Region Final. The nod would go to Bellville.

State Finals-
Bellville vs Wimberley and if so, what a match that would be! It would be hard to find two schools in 3A with more volleyball tradition!

Any ways, CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams making the playoffs, hoping all are injury free and best of luck!!!

Daddy D 11
10-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I've seen Lovejoy play Wimberley already this year, it was a great game!

Both of them will win their Regions, and I don't know anything about Region III or IV.

ForeverALobo
10-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan

Region 1- probably decided in the bottom bracket where Dalhart, Wimberley and Monahans are situated. Nod goes to Wimberley.

Region 2- Lucas Lovejoy

Region 3- Mexia

Region 4- A very good chance a D25 rematch between Bellville and Columbus, barring an upset by La Grange in their seeding match with Columbus, in the Region Final. The nod would go to Bellville.

State Finals-
Bellville vs Wimberley and if so, what a match that would be! It would be hard to find two schools in 3A with more volleyball tradition!

Any ways, CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams making the playoffs, hoping all are injury free and best of luck!!!

While I do think Bellville and Wimberley would be a very good final match I believe Monahans will make a strong run in the playoffs and be there instead of Wimberely and on the part of volleyball tradition I believe Monahans and Bellville are tied with 9 championships apiece and I think Wimberely has around 2 or 3 but Wimberley has been very dominant the past couple of years.

Antec
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Needville could be sleeper in Region IV

They played Bellville in a tight non district match earlier in the season

Columbus could also be a darkhorse even though they lost twice to Bellville in 25-3A

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 07:34 PM
While I do think Bellville and Wimberley would be a very good final match I believe Monahans will make a strong run in the playoffs and be there instead of Wimberely and on the part of volleyball tradition I believe Monahans and Bellville are tied with 9 championships apiece and I think Wimberely has around 2 or 3 but Wimberley has been very dominant the past couple of years.
Wimberley has 4 just this decade. They'll be my pick from Region I to make it.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wimberley has 4 just this decade. They'll be my pick from Region I to make it.

I think 5 from this decade...we have 6 total, with '99 being the first year (I guess you can technically count 2000 as last decade).

ForeverALobo
10-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Like I said earlier they have been very good over the past few years I'm anxious to see how that matchup will turn out if they play Monahans in the region I championship

Wolf Playa
10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
This is prolly Dalharts best year...first District Title i believe ever....and team looks real good

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I think 5 from this decade...we have 6 total, with '99 being the first year (I guess you can technically count 2000 as last decade).
Thanks! I was counting the school year, so only looked at '00-'01 forward. Sounds like I missed one somewhere.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Like I said earlier they have been very good over the past few years I'm anxious to see how that matchup will turn out if they play Monahans in the region I championship

Assuming you are talking about Wimberley...I agree, it could be a great match up. We have been a little inconsistent this year, and have had our struggles along the way. I am counting on our excellent coach to pull them all together for the run. He has a history of being able to do that.

ForeverALobo
10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Assuming you are talking about Wimberley...I agree, it could be a great match up. We have been a little inconsistent this year, and have had our struggles along the way. I am counting on our excellent coach to pull them all together for the run. He has a history of being able to do that.

Yes I was talking about Wimberely

Reds fan
10-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Antec

The Bellville vs Needville match was both schools first match of the year, results per Houston Chronicle:

Bellville 25 26 25 25
Needville 20 28 22 10

Needville could indeed be a sleeper

Reds fan
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Correct, Monahans and Bellville each have 9 State Titles.

Interesting note- Monahans first 8 titles came from years 1969 to 1984 with 2 ships in '75! 20 years later they captured #9 in 2004.

In 2005 Bellville won their 9th title defeating who else? Monahans!

Reds fan
10-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan

That is what I get for going out on the limb too far... Wimberley is NOT in the bottom bracket, so if they meet Monahans it would not be until Region 1 finals.

duke55
11-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Columbus could also be a darkhorse even though they lost twice to Bellville in 25-3A

Ya but columbus also beat needville this year so you never know.