PDA

View Full Version : rattlers not getting enough credit

martwayne
10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
personally i do not think the rattlers are getting enough credit for what hey have done. i have been following them game by game since last season, and i think that we should be right under liberty hill. i mean we did play them the best in the playoffs last year out of all the teams they played.

eagles_victory
10-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
personally i do not think the rattlers are getting enough credit for what hey have done. i have been following them game by game since last season, and i think that we should be right under liberty hill. i mean we did play them the best in the playoffs last year out of all the teams they played. Typical new poster comes on and first post is all about their team being disrespcted seen it a thousand times. Ill tell you what everyone else on this board will tell you rankings dont matter there is a playoff in high school football and you will have plenty of chances to prove how good you are then.

Also an fyi Navasota didnt play Liberty Hill the closest last year in the playoffs actually quite the opposite. LH beat Navasota 48-15 the only team they beat worse than that in the playoffs was Pleasnton. So does that mean Carthage, Gilmer, and Robinson should be ahead of Navasota?

NastySlot
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
personally i do not think the rattlers are getting enough credit for what hey have done. i have been following them game by game since last season, and i think that we should be right under liberty hill. i mean we did play them the best in the playoffs last year out of all the teams they played.

you did?

NastySlot
10-29-2008, 05:14 PM
wasn't the carthage game close?......(for awhile)

martwayne
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
our game was close for awhile i'm not downing anyones football team i'm just trying to get a little respect for my rattlers we play in a very tough district and have been up there for almost two years

3afan
10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
#4 in the state (AP) .. my gosh, if thats not respect I dont know what is ...

Bull's-eye
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
IMO, they may be getting too much credit. Narrow 1 point victories over Henderson & Caldwell, two teams that were soundly defeated by other 3A teams. Henderson is 1-7 and was defeated by Carthage 33-3. Bellville defeated Caldwell 44-14. Navasota has the potential to go very far in the playoffs, but riding a little under the radar may be a good thing. Navasota is good, but I don't think they have played like a top 2 team up to this point.

Bullaholic
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
our game was close for awhile i'm not downing anyones football team i'm just trying to get a little respect for my rattlers we play in a very tough district and have been up there for almost two years

Talk the Rattlers up a bunch---that's part of the fun. However, the respect part outside of your own town comes according to how many brackets you climb in Nov-Dec. (And that goes for anybody's team--including my own).

martwayne
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
i dont want anyone to hate me for what i said i wish everyone the best of luck in the up coming playoffs i just love my rattlers and navasota is hungry for a state title but before i get any further we need to beat cameron this friday for district

martwayne
10-29-2008, 05:28 PM
bellville also beat them at the beginning of the season and the henderson game was our first one of the season

Pick6
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
navasota is hungry for a state title

Insert 100+ teams in the place of Navasota.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
wasn't the carthage game close?......(for awhile)
21-7 at the half

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 05:51 PM

It was 28-0 in the first? Get a clue.

OldBison75
10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Dude, I don't know what you are talking about. If you read every post about Navasota this year, you find that almost all talk about the potiential of the Navasota Rattlers. Yes, sometimes the team we are playing has poster that believe they can beat us. THAT IS CALLED A TRUE FAN. Don't get your panties in a wad, let the boys play the games and if deserved, the respect will come. I guarantee you that a few years ago, no one believed Liberty Hill would be so dominating, but the proved thier case and continue to do it every week. If Navasota earns that type hype in the playoffs, the respect of posters on here will follow.

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Dude, I don't know what you are talking about. If you read every post about Navasota this year, you find that almost all talk about the potiential of the Navasota Rattlers. Yes, sometimes the team we are playing has poster that believe they can beat us. THAT IS CALLED A TRUE FAN. Don't get your panties in a wad, let the boys play the games and if deserved, the respect will come. I guarantee you that a few years ago, no one believed Liberty Hill would be so dominating, but the proved thier case and continue to do it every week. If Navasota earns that type hype in the playoffs, the respect of posters on here will follow.

You, Hemo and Navs are all great posters. Every town has a village idiot, looks like ya'lls finally crawled outta the woods:eek:

Tailback
10-29-2008, 06:42 PM

Were you at the game last year? It was a pretty easy game for Liberty Hill. Carthage was by far the toughest. The rattlers do not get enough credit because they have not earned it. When Navasota can play a good team and win, or beat a decent team worse than they have, then maybe people will start giving them some credit. When you have a weak schedule and barely beat some of the teams on it, don't expect everyone to give you credit. If Navasota wants more recognition and credit then they will need to earn it.

navscanmaster
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I am still trying to find out what happened to Henderson. Smoaky folks won't tell me. I have heard that sseveral starters walked off the team before the Carthage game, which was the week after Navasota played them over in Lufkin. I am happy with the ranking, it shows that people who observe football from an objective standpoint think we have what it takes. Dave Campbell is not always the best at guessing preseason rankings, but he does pick his playoff teams well over the years. He picked us to beat China Springs for the state title, so if the magazine considered the Bible of Texas High School Football gave us that honor, I don't know what else you could ask for. Just believe in your Rattlers, they will do what it takes to make that happen. By the way, welcome to the board.

Liberty Hill game:

-------1---2---3---4---F
LH.....27.14..0....7....48
NAV....7...0...0....7....14

Take away the first quarter where our DC just had us sitting there letting the ball and the blockers knock us on our butts play after play, instead of blitzing like the rest of the game, and it really was a pretty close game. I still have nightmares about that freaking first quarter. I threw up in my mouth twice. At least. Maybe more. I'm done.

Silverback 04
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Dude 41-7 at the half. 7-7 in the second half. Thats not improving defense, thats calling off the dogs!!

popcorn screen
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
They are ranked fairly high - seems like respect to me.

navscanmaster
10-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Dude 41-7 at the half. 7-7 in the second half. Thats not improving defense, thats calling off the dogs!!
You won 48-14. Watch the tape, your first string was still in. You whipped our butts, what more do you need? Do you think that a team can't adjust to LH no matter what because they are LH? I show some semblance of respect for Navasota's effort trying to crawl back out of a blowout, and you trash it. Whatever....

catdaddy
10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Dude, if I were you, I would be glad that (in your opinion) no one is looking at Navasota. There's a lot less pressure and in the end, it doesn't mean a thing. The only thing that matters is if you win the next game.
Rankings mean squat until the season is over. They are there just to keep fans and non-fans busy yapping as well as provide a potential distraction to the players.http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0188.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-unhappy-smileys.php)

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Dude, if I were you, I would be glad that (in your opinion) no one is looking at Navasota. There's a lot less pressure and in the end, it doesn't mean a thing. The only thing that matters is if you win the next game.
Rankings mean squat until the season is over. They are there just to keep fans and non-fans busy yapping as well as provide a potential distraction to the players.http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0188.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-unhappy-smileys.php)

Thank you...Enough said.!! Navasota has to proove that they are the cream of the crop. Like a previous poster said, it takes playing late in November and December to earn state wide respect. Who ever heard of Liberty Hill, not me. But after that whipping last year in Temple, the Panthers definately earned my respect. The same respect that the the rest of the state was giving them. And, in my book, until they are knocked off in the playoffs, meaning no title, they are #1.

Navasota has the potential to be state champions. They have to work a little harder every week and things will begin to change.

Go Snakes, Take care of Cameron!

ctownlegend
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Thank you...Enough said.!! Navasota has to proove that they are the cream of the crop. Like a previous poster said, it takes playing late in November and December to earn state wide respect. Who ever heard of Liberty Hill, not me. But after that whipping last year in Temple, the Panthers definately earned my respect. The same respect that the the rest of the state was giving them. And, in my book, until they are knocked off in the playoffs, meaning no title, they are #1.

Navasota has the potential to be state champions. They have to work a little harder every week and things will begin to change.

Go Snakes, Take care of Cameron!

I have mad respect for Navasota, but my yoemen are in the same district, last year I knew of them because of our scimmage, and had no idea navasota existed until then. My point is, HEMO, ur right. Respect doesn't come over night...it comes little by little after each friday night when your team sends their oppenents and their fans home saying...wow...we lost to a great team...

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
I have mad respect for Navasota, but my yoemen are in the same district, last year I knew of them because of our scimmage, and had no idea navasota existed until then. My point is, HEMO, ur right. Respect doesn't come over night...it comes little by little after each friday night when your team sends their oppenents and their fans home saying...wow...we lost to a great team...

Wow, you had never heard of Navasota? Well, I had heard of Cameron. My senior season in high school (98), we played in the Cameron Holiday Basketball Tournament. That was my first trip. Since then, Navasota has played many playoffs games in Cameron's top notch gym. My first time going to Rockdale was two weeks ago.

rockdale80
10-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I think Rockdale played LH the closest last year anyway. :)

Too bad that doesnt mean anything. :cool:

Stownhorse
10-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
IMO, they may be getting too much credit. Narrow 1 point victories over Henderson & Caldwell, two teams that were soundly defeated by other 3A teams. Henderson is 1-7 and was defeated by Carthage 33-3. Bellville defeated Caldwell 44-14. Navasota has the potential to go very far in the playoffs, but riding a little under the radar may be a good thing. Navasota is good, but I don't think they have played like a top 2 team up to this point.

I AGREE. ;) navscanmaster

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am still trying to find out what happened to Henderson. Smoaky folks won't tell me. I have heard that sseveral starters walked off the team before the Carthage game, which was the week after Navasota played them over in Lufkin. I am happy with the ranking, it shows that people who observe football from an objective standpoint think we have what it takes. Dave Campbell is not always the best at guessing preseason rankings, but he does pick his playoff teams well over the years. He picked us to beat China Springs for the state title, so if the magazine considered the Bible of Texas High School Football gave us that honor, I don't know what else you could ask for. Just believe in your Rattlers, they will do what it takes to make that happen. By the way, welcome to the board.

Liberty Hill game:

-------1---2---3---4---F
LH.....27.14..0....7....48
NAV....7...0...0....7....14

Take away the first quarter where our DC just had us sitting there letting the ball and the blockers knock us on our butts play after play, instead of blitzing like the rest of the game, and it really was a pretty close game. I still have nightmares about that freaking first quarter. I threw up in my mouth twice. At least. Maybe more. I'm done.

c'mon...you can't take away the 1st quarter...that's just dumb!

48minutes
10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
who cares??

Play football on friday nights, and if you're a fan then cheer on your team.

Tailback
10-30-2008, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
You won 48-14. Watch the tape, your first string was still in. You whipped our butts, what more do you need? Do you think that a team can't adjust to LH no matter what because they are LH? I show some semblance of respect for Navasota's effort trying to crawl back out of a blowout, and you trash it. Whatever....

Maybe you should take a look at carrys in the first half and in the second. I do not beleive #27(the slotback) even touched the ball the second half. If I remeber he had almost 300 yards in the first half. If Liberty Hill wanted to they could have kept giving him the ball and really blown Navasota away last year. I think that is called calling off the dogs, not making adjustments. I do respect yalls effort though. You could have just laid down and let the other two backs run all over you as well.

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 07:28 AM
You know , it's amazing that SOME Liberty Hill posters seem to think that Navasota posters are trashing them by talking about how much better the Rattlers played in the second half last year. Well, we are not. Liberty Hill whipped our butts. Nobody is arguing that point. But the Rattler faithful saw that team step up and play well in the second half, and earned some respect from the fans for not rolling over and playing dead. As far as calling off the dogs, LH played starters for the entire third quarter and most in the fourth. Number 27 did carry the ball in the third and fourth quarters and still gained some yards. Liberty Hill has earned the respect of Navasota posters due to the quality of the team and the sportsmanship of the palyers we faced last year. If these few LH posters that want to trash the Rattlers are an indication of the attitude of this years Panthers, then that respect is quickly dwindling away. Every Navasota poster has had nothing but good things to say about LH since last year and we all believe they are the team to beat in whatever division they are in. You earned that respect, don't ruin it.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 07:41 AM
If these few LH posters that want to trash the Rattlers are an indication of the attitude of this years Panthers, then that respect is quickly dwindling away.
What you may read on here does not reflect the attitude of our team. :) I don't think anyone was trying to trash the Rattlers; maybe just a different opinion on the game, etc.

Actually, maybe it's brain farts? I seem to recall a 3rd quarter slow, methodical 9-minute (roughly) LH drive that the Rattler defense stopped inside the 20. :thinking: I didn't dream that, did I?

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Mom, I know that the team and most of your posters are WAY above the kind of trash that has been said in this thread. I have the utmost respect for LH. If you see my posts on the ranking every week, I always put LH on top and still believe that they have to be beaten to drop down. I also spend alot of time giving LH credit for the team they are, disciplined, confident, and very well coached. I just get a little riled when a person has to use phrases like "calling off the dogs" when I was at the game and saw every play. LH might have subbed more in the second half, but they played starters most of the time, and rightly so, in a game that deep into the playoffs. There were no hard felling by the Rattlers after that game, only respect for the butt whipping that a better team gave us. But, we did learn some things about ourselves, and as a result the Rattlers have changed the defensive scheme and are playing good defense this year. I credit that improvement to the lessons learned from the Liberty Hill game. I also know that our coaches used the LH game and LH disciplined attitude as an example challenge to our guys. Good luck to the Panthers in the playoffs, I expect another State Championship this year if you stick with what brung ya.

TigerFan51
10-30-2008, 08:55 AM
navasota is hungry for a state title

Aren't we all...Wharton hasn't won a state title since 1950 as a 1a against Kermit! ALL teams, from 5a on down all are playing toward that one thing!

Silverback 04
10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OldBison75
[B] I just get a little riled when a person has to use phrases like "calling off the dogs" when I was at the game and saw every play. QUOTE]

Bison,

I'm sorry i didn't realize you were so sensative about the subject. I have never trashed a team, an individual, or their effort. I was simply responding to someone implying that the game was even after the 1st quarter. I was also at the game as I am every game and i guess instead of saying "calling off the dogs", maybe I should have explained how when a team comes out prepared to play against a quality opponent (insert Navasota) and proceeds to steamroll them in the 1st quarter/1st half, it is pretty typical that even the starters will lose a little focus in the later stages. So congratulations on beating us the second half, and lay off the coffee.

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Silverback, we did not beat you in any phase of that game, but we did play much better in the second half. AND, the focus and discipline of the Panthers is what makes them great. My point in these posts is that the Rattlers got beat by a better team that night and as a result learned some valuable lessons. It ain't the coffee, it is giving an honest opinion of the situation. Last year the Panthers were head and shoulders above the Rattlers in that game. I believe Navasota has narrowed that gap alot since then.

I give the LH TEAM AND COACHES alot of credit for showing us an example of how doing what you do to perfection will make you winners. Give us the chance to feel good about not just quitting after the first quarter and continuing to fight. Like MOM said, there were some decent drives that LH had in the second half that Navasota finally figured out how to stop. We did not give up, we played hard, and when the game was over, we gave the respect to Liberty Hill that was due to them.

Silverback 04
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Bison,

OK. I wasn't trying to ruffel feathers with my original post. I have never seen a Rattler fan come on this web site and trash LH. Thanks for that. I am the most pessimistic LH fan in the state, and I really think at times people give us too much credit for what the team has done, because in reality its all about what have you done since last Friday. 3-peating will be very difficult and there are a whole bunch of teams in 3A that are capable of knocking off LH, including Navasota. If/when that happens, I'll be the first in line to congratulate the team that does something that no one else has accomplished in a while.
Lastly, please don't trash LH posters who come on and support their team because of something I said. They are just being supportive like the rest of the 3A downlow. And while there may be a few overly zealous types out there, for the most part they are good, confident types. Rock on!

venomous tat2
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM

Here we are in the latter part of the season ranked in the top ten in most polls and you speak of not getting respect .

1st respect is and has to be earned , not asked for , not begged for , and not demanded .

2nd If you would take the time to read everyones post concerning
the Rattlers you would've noticed that they get a TON of respect
if you don't think so then your understanding is 0 .
3rd & last remember this " speaking without thinking is like shooting without aiming " BE careful dont't make yourself look or better still sound dumb :thinking:

Stownhorse
10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
You know , it's amazing that SOME Liberty Hill posters seem to think that Navasota posters are trashing them by talking about how much better the Rattlers played in the second half last year. Well, we are not. Liberty Hill whipped our butts. Nobody is arguing that point. But the Rattler faithful saw that team step up and play well in the second half, and earned some respect from the fans for not rolling over and playing dead. As far as calling off the dogs, LH played starters for the entire third quarter and most in the fourth. Number 27 did carry the ball in the third and fourth quarters and still gained some yards. Liberty Hill has earned the respect of Navasota posters due to the quality of the team and the sportsmanship of the palyers we faced last year. If these few LH posters that want to trash the Rattlers are an indication of the attitude of this years Panthers, then that respect is quickly dwindling away. Every Navasota poster has had nothing but good things to say about LH since last year and we all believe they are the team to beat in whatever division they are in. You earned that respect, don't ruin it.

The fans or poster on here didn't earn jack. The team did, so don't let their actions reflect the teams.

martwayne
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
i guess that is why LH only scored 7 points in the second have then and dont say the game was wrapped up because if it werent for the punts 4 and outs and turnovers we might have won

Pick6
10-30-2008, 02:33 PM
if it werent for the punts 4 and outs and turnovers we might have won

Do you understand football at all? If it wasn't for LH's defense making you punt, stopping you on 4th down and recovering the turnovers, you could of won. :rolleyes:

NastySlot
10-30-2008, 02:34 PM
i guess that is why LH only scored 7 points in the second have then and dont say the game was wrapped up because if it werent for the punts 4 and outs and turnovers we might have won

i saw the tape...and spoke to some coaches....maybe if you guys had done a better job of wrapping up....too...right..............fact after speaking with a coach...he told me LH could have score as many as they wanted.......game was over after the first qtr...........and about that second half theory of yours...saw a game this past week team was up 49-0 at half won 49-0......and i can tell you this it had nothing to do with defense played in the second half...........the LH Tape v. Navasota reminded me of the tape I saw of the Rattlers and SLC on time.