PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport vs WF Hirschi

ibricky20
10-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Any of you other Bridgeport supporters read this in the Messenger today. This is all he has written on the game:

Bridgeport vs. Hirschi

The Bulls are awesome, the Huskies are not.

Bridgeport by 54

injuredinmelee
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ibricky20
Any of you other Bridgeport supporters read this in the Messenger today. This is all he has written on the game:

Bridgeport vs. Hirschi

The Bulls are awesome, the Huskies are not.

Bridgeport by 54

Start the JV.

Pick6
10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Coach Searcy will have WF turned around in a couple of years.

ibricky20
10-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I just thought that was a little demeaning to WF.

Bullaholic
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
What can you say when the Bulls are 8-0 and Hirschi is 0-8? We should win by a bunch and not have to play the starters that much. We want everybody healthy for our annual war with Decatur next week, and the playoffs. If we lose, life as we know it will change.

BullsFan
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Morgan is from Decatur. Maybe he's just tired of having to say nice things about Bridgeport. ;)

(And just for the record, we've been where Hirshi is, and yes, it can get turned around in no time with the right coach.)

ibricky20
10-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I understand being healthy and evrything for the Decatur game and resting the starters. I also know what both teams records are, I just think he could have had a better write up than that.

Bullaholic
10-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I understand being healthy and evrything for the Decatur game and resting the starters. I also know what both teams records are, I just think he could have had a better write up than that.

I don't disagree.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM

I checked the online edition to see what the other set of previews said... (Mr. Morgan does one article extolling his predictions from the week before and making some for the next week. He then does a second article with a breakdown for each game.) He did provide a preview of the game and so....

================================
http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/football_content/EkkVkAEVllOVRXgcTt.php

Bridgeport (8-0, 3-0) at Hirschi (0-8, 0-3)

7:30 p.m. at Memorial Stadium

Scouting Hirschi: The Huskies are coming off a 37-0 loss to previously winless Iowa Park. They keep the ball on the ground 80 percent of the time. Darius Thorton is the featured tailback and he has speed. Harrison Johnson, who was the starting tailback, is now the backup, but is more explosive than Thorton. Hirschi's problems are the lines where it has not controlled any opponent.

Keys to victory: Don't turn the ball over and continue to limit penalties. Bridgeport is the county's best in those two areas and will likely keep it that way this week. This could be a big night for anyone that runs the ball as the Huskies are very weak on the front lines. The team has very little depth and the passing game will likely wear this group down before halftime.

Harris Ratings:
Bridgeport 225
Hirschi 161
Bridgeport by 48+
Last Meeting: Have not played

VWG
10-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Coach Searcy will have WF turned around in a couple of years.

He's on his third year at the school.... how many more is it gonna take?

Pick6
10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by VWG

If you give a coach only three years to turn a bad team around, you'll be hiring a new coach every 3 years.

popcorn screen
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Hirschi has been down for quite sometime. It is apparent that in the current WF system, students can choose what school to attend. Most of them are smart enough to go with the programs that are winning (no disrespect to the Huskies). Bad set up for the district.

Matthew328
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
As long as choice is in place in WF, Hirschi will struggle....if it ever goes away Hirschi will return as the power in the city

VWG
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Totally agree on the choice program killing WF Hirschi. Opening of WF City View (2A) didn't help things either.
You should see the WF city junior high games. If you think recruiting doesn't go on take a look at the high school coaches watching the games. Old High, Rider, etc... they know the kids have a "choice" to go to any HS in the city.

westcoast54
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Lets see...year 1 we were 7-4 and two missed fieldgoals from advancing possibly all the way to the State-Semis as Canyon did. If you don't coach in Wichita Falls you don't understand. The Choice program is a KILLER. I'm not making excuses...there have been a few games this year where we should have won but didn't. Please don't judge us until you've walked in our shoes. Trust me, WE are doing everything in our power did get this rolling.

For the record, Bridgeport is VERY GOOD. They will do our district proud in the playoffs.

Matthew328
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Totally agree on the choice program killing WF Hirschi. Opening of WF City View (2A) didn't help things either.
You should see the WF city junior high games. If you think recruiting doesn't go on take a look at the high school coaches watching the games. Old High, Rider, etc... they know the kids have a "choice" to go to any HS in the city.

I agree when Hirschi was a power a lot of their size and bulk came from the City View area and it went well with their athletes....

Guys like Eric Ward, Shavodrick Beaver, Jurell Thompson from Rider and WR/DB Joseph Cherry from Wichita Falls High among others live in Hirschi's would be attendance zone....

VWG
10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Lets see...year 1 we were 7-4 and two missed fieldgoals from advancing possibly all the way to the State-Semis as Canyon did. If you don't coach in Wichita Falls you don't understand. The Choice program is a KILLER. I'm not making excuses...there have been a few games this year where we should have won but didn't. Please don't judge us until you've walked in our shoes. Trust me, WE are doing everything in our power did get this rolling.

For the record, Bridgeport is VERY GOOD. They will do our district proud in the playoffs.

Didn't mean to take anything away from the job the staff is doing at Hirschi. It's an uphill battle due to the choice program.
It was a comment that was meant to ask... how long does it take to turn around Hirschi? Searcy has been there 3 years, how many more years does it take to turn things around? I am not sure if Hirschi can be turned around. As long as kids can go to Kirby, Zundy, Barwise, and McNiel.... and then choose whatever HS you want to go to, Hirschi will struggle. I know a parent who sent his daughter to Old High for soccer. Lives in a Rider neighborhood. Went to Old High so his kid would have a chance to play more at the varsity level as a freshman/sophomore.
It's sickening to me as I remember when WF Hirschi used to be the best HS football program in Wichita Falls. Look back at their records during the 1980's and the early 1990's. They were going two to three rounds deep in the playoffs.

westcoast54
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Don't throw Cityview in there. Those kids that go to Cityview live in that district. Cityview is NOT part of WFISD. If they leave Cityview to go to another WFISD school then it's just like transfering.

westcoast54
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Didn't mean to take anything away from the job the staff is doing at Hirschi. It's an uphill battle due to the choice program.
It was a comment that was meant to ask... how long does it take to turn around Hirschi? Searcy has been there 3 years, how many more years does it take to turn things around? I am not sure if Hirschi can be turned around. As long as kids can go to Kirby, Zundy, Barwise, and McNiel.... and then choose whatever HS you want to go to, Hirschi will struggle. I know a parent who sent his daughter to Old High for soccer. Lives in a Rider neighborhood. Went to Old High so his kid would have a chance to play more at the varsity level as a freshman/sophomore.
It's sickening to me as I remember when WF Hirschi used to be the best HS football program in Wichita Falls. Look back at their records during the 1980's and the early 1990's. They were going two to three rounds deep in the playoffs.

It's just been a very long and frustrating year.

Matthew328
10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Don't throw Cityview in there. Those kids that go to Cityview live in that district. Cityview is NOT part of WFISD. If they leave Cityview to go to another WFISD school then it's just like transfering.

City View ISD is fairly new....maybe 8 years old.....before the split into their own HS the kids there went to Iowa Park and Hirschi and neither progam has been the same.....and whats ironic is City View sucks at football

slpybear the bullfan
10-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Westcoast....IYO, will there ever be a move to set permanent districts and eliminate the "Choice" plan?

wtfootball
10-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Start JV

That shows no class.