PDA

View Full Version : Worst Weather Games?

Bullaholic
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
What's the worst weather game you ever played in or watched?

In the 90's the Bulls played in Lake Worth in blowing sleet and snow. Temp about 29deg or so.

Also in the 90's--Bridgeport @ Vernon. Temp fell about 30 degrees in a couple of hours just before kickoff and the wind was gusting to 45-50mph. Didn't matter much though---one of the Gaines brothers ran over, around, and thru the Bulls.

Bridgeport @ Decatur -2001(?)--Torrential rain the entire game.
Nobody had many dry spots on them---even with rain gear.

Pick6
10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
1983 in Lubbock, rain, sleet, snow and a beat down :(

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Last year at Nac for Gilmer vs. Mabank - miserable weather - cold & rain.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Last year- Graham and Argyle...... Stephenville, Texas- cold and a monsoon.
Or Paint Creek vs. Moran 1993 for a District Championship- was like a blizzard. Only reason I was a tad warm was because I was about 4 months pregnant.

STANG RED
10-29-2008, 11:47 AM
88 Swater vs. Hereford 4A Qfinals. Jones Stadium in Lubbock. Temp was in the teens, field was covered with snow and had about an inch of ice under the snow, and oh yeah the wind was blowing. Not fit for man nor beast but the game went on as scheduled. It was miserable.

I played in a game at Lowrey field in Lubbock in 76 or 77 against Estacado. It started snowing right before kickoff. By games end there was 6" of snow on the ground. Worse yet, it was a very wet snow, so we were all wet and chilled to the bone the whole game. Even worse, the game was the last of the season and meant nothing. By the second half nobody was even tackling. Just stayed on our feet till the play stopped and waited for the whistle. Refs were miserable also, so the whistles came fast, and the clock kept moving. Probobly one of the shortest games in history, but it sure didnt feel like it at the time. BRRRRRR

thatboiwes
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Last year at Nac for Gilmer vs. Mabank - miserable weather - cold & rain.

Same here. It was in the 40's I think and rained the entire game. Plus the wind was constantly blowing on top of that. That game felt like it was 8 hours long.

cshscougar08
10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Last year second round against Palestine Westwood. 35 and raining the entire game. It was easily the most miserable I've ever been in my life.

All out CAT
1991 Meunster Sacred Heart, ~20 degrees F, sleet and rain, with puddles all over the field. Changed uni's at halftime. damn it hurts when you get hit in that kind of weather.

RedWhiteBlue
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Last year- Graham and Argyle...... Stephenville, Texas- cold and a monsoon.
Or Paint Creek vs. Moran 1993 for a District Championship- was like a blizzard. Only reason I was a tad warm was because I was about 4 months pregnant.
I have something to add about this game in 1993- our principal at the time went in to Haskell and bought gray hoodies that same day for our little football team because we had no winter gear. She bought them from Roger Goodenuff (hah), (Julie's dad), at SportAbout. Our little boys like to have froze to death- but they won!!! Paint Creek Pirates were the District Champions...
Man, those were the days. Long before UnderArmour, cold gear, etc.

Gp83
10-29-2008, 11:58 AM
1978, A Tornado (Little F1) went through the middle of our stadium.

In the mid 80s, we were playing Sinton and had a bad A cold front hit and it got real nasty, knocking out the lights and had about a 45 min lightning delay

Stownhorse
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
'05 playoffs Sweetwater and Seminole at Ratliff. It was about 34 and sleeting. I was just a sophomore and was standing on the sideline not playing. Very miserable.

JR2004
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Worst weather game I ever played in was in college. We went to Tennessee and played a game against Bethel College up in McKenzie,TN. It rained the entire week before the game and it kept raining on game day. It was so dang cold and we probably played in about 4-5 inches of standing water. We tore the entire field up by the end of the game.

Maroon87
10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
The worst weather I ever played in was in an 8th grade game in Sinton...it had rained all day and the field we played on (practice field by what I believe was the jr high) was mostly under water, plus it was pretty chilly.

There must've been 100 fumbles in that game and it wound up 6-6.

SWMustang
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
88 Swater vs. Hereford 4A Qfinals. Jones Stadium in Lubbock. Temp was in the teens, field was covered with snow and had about an inch of ice under the snow, and oh yeah the wind was blowing. Not fit for man nor beast but the game went on as scheduled. It was miserable.

Sweetwater lost. Uof H played tech in an afternoon game right before our game.[/

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

In the 90's the Bulls played in Lake Worth in blowing sleet and snow. Temp about 29deg or so.

Also in the 90's--Bridgeport @ Vernon. Temp fell about 30 degrees in a couple of hours just before kickoff and the wind was gusting to 45-50mph. Didn't matter much though---one of the Gaines brothers ran over, around, and thru the Bulls.

That must have been some real SUCKY rain gear then:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

MUDBOWL, MUDBOWL, MUDBOWL.

Old Dog
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Burnet played Santa Anna back in the stone age (1963) and there was a sticking sleet thru the whole game. We all looked like Yetis from Tibet. When a solid hit took place, it sounded like a gun shot report. Actually it was fun!

The preceding year we played Early in a downpour (no big deal, but again, lots of fun). The youngster in charge of taking care of the Bulldog mascot decided to put the dog in his parents new car because of the rain. Upon returning to the car after the game, they found the interior totally destroyed!