PDA

View Full Version : Houston Cougars.....................

Troybuilt
10-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Was Lou Holtz hammering the Houston quarterback or what?

3afan
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
UH really laid an egg last night ... D stunk

trojan37
10-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I also hated to see the receiver Edwards break his leg over some stupid carts the band had in the endzone. That was the icing on the cake for a horrible night of football for the Cougs.

tbone
10-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I didn't think Case played great, but he didn't play that poorly when you factor in about 5-6 dropped passes and that Houston was getting whipped at the line of scrimmage. Marshall D-line was in his face all night.

nobogey72
10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by tbone
I didn't think Case played great, but he didn't play that poorly when you factor in about 5-6 dropped passes and that Houston was getting whipped at the line of scrimmage. Marshall D-line was in his face all night.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't his best game, but Marshall had a lot to do with that. That kid running into that cart may be the worst thing I have ever seen. Betcha there's a lawsuit.

bigYoe
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Edwards is from Hearne, Tx. Small 2A school 25 miles SE of Bryan and about 30 miles from us. We used to have a good rivalry going until they dropped to 2A. I saw Edwards play in high school and talk about talent. Quick also, hated to see that happen to him last night as that might have long term effects. I bet the band director got an ass chewin from the athletic director about that. How stupid to even put those there in the first place, and then they move em AFTER it already happened.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Caught a clip of that scene. Simply unacceptable for a stadium to allow that.

Spend 1 night/half day in Huntington, WVa, home of Marshall on my road trip this summer. Marshall is a gorgeous campus, and Huntington is one of three places that house HillBilly Hotdogs, home of the Homewrecker, which I gallantly attempted but failed miserably.

Other than that, make sure you arrive and leave during the daytime. Place is creepy at night.

Bull19
10-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Edwards is from Hearne, Tx. Small 2A school 25 miles SE of Bryan and about 30 miles from us. We used to have a good rivalry going until they dropped to 2A. I saw Edwards play in high school and talk about talent. Quick also, hated to see that happen to him last night as that might have long term effects. I bet the band director got an ass chewin from the athletic director about that. How stupid to even put those there in the first place, and then they move em AFTER it already happened.

hearne is not se of bryan. it is north by about 30 miles or so give or take

coach
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
hearne, texas only town i know that there wal mart was closed down due to losing money because of too many thefts

Bull Butter
10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by coach
hearne, texas only town i know that there wal mart was closed down due to losing money because of too many thefts

You can add Robstown to that list

Stownhorse
10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Thats was the crappiest game I have watched all year.

carter08
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't even watch.

How bad did we lose?

Hannibal
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
You can add Robstown to that list

And Sinton

aggie
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by coach

funny thing is that it was remodeled...and now it is their high school

Bull's-eye
10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Talk on Houston radio is that the injured player may be seeking legal action against Marshall. It was reported that they had been warned about those carts and they failed to correct the problem. Also, there could be sanctions imposed by the NCAA.

Rooster#70
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Another reason to hate the band.