PDA

View Full Version : Will Liberty Hill

orange machine
10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
win another title this year

orange machine
10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
This year has been crazy fro a number of teams and i could see it getting crazier.:confused:

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
It's tough to beat a good team twice in one year, and i think they will run into somebody they played already and get beat this time...

And if not, I just think SOMEONE will finally knock them off.

headhunter
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
If that offense doesn't turn the ball over they will be tough to stop in DII. They just can't fall behind in the playoffs by more than two TD's.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Kind of early to get this going isn't it? :rolleyes: :doh:

orange machine
10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I could see something happening to Lh like happend to LaVega last season with China Spring.

ZOHAN
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Don't know but as of now I don't see anyone stopping them.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Appears many people believe LH will get knocked off at some point.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Appears many people believe LH will get knocked off at some point.
And your point? Does it matter if they believe it? Maybe I should start a thread asking the same about Celina.

And for what it's worth, there were tons of people that didn't "believe" we could win the last two!

orange machine
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Be my guest. You dont have to get defensive and dont say your not because you are or you wouldnt say what is your point. I dont have a point just curious to see what other people opinions are.:eek:

orange machine
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I do not recall alot of people thinking yall couldnt win it last year. Maybe in 06 because people didnt think yall could beat us, but they were proven wrong, but as far as last year yall were picked by most to win it all so your comment holds no weight.

blaster
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I might be a homer with this comment, but they will have to get past Bridgeport for that to happen. I think it would be a great game between two GREAT teams.

Daddy D 11
10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by blaster
I might be a homer with this comment, but they will have to get past Bridgeport for that to happen. I think it would be a great game between two GREAT teams.

Who is Bridgeport?:confused:

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I would ask the same question, but we scrimmiage them every year. We beat them this year in the one minute quarter 3 td's to none, but that was a scrimmiage and they have gotten much better.

Stownhorse
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Just from what I saw at Wylie, no. They did look as strong as they did 2 years ago. Sorry LHPM :devil:

Daddy D 11
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I would ask the same question, but we scrimmiage them every year. We beat them this year in the one minute quarter 3 td's to none, but that was a scrimmiage and they have gotten much better.

LH will stomp 'em:devil:

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
This is gonna be enteresting in the playoffs to see what LH can do under the pressure and yes there is tremendous pressure on the LH boys to win another title weather anybody will admitt it or not.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I do not recall alot of people thinking yall couldnt win it last year. Maybe in 06 because people didnt think yall could beat us, but they were proven wrong, but as far as last year yall were picked by most to win it all so your comment holds no weight.
Deep in the playoffs after we were spanking people left and right, sure! Two weeks before the playoffs started? Nope

thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73814)

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 10:29 PM
This is gonna be enteresting in the playoffs to see what LH can do under the pressure and yes there is tremendous pressure on the LH boys to win another title weather anybody will admitt it or not.
Of course there's pressure and a thread being started before the playoffs even starts just adds to it. They put as much or more pressure on themselves as anyone.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Deep in the playoffs after we were spanking people left and right, sure! Two weeks before the playoffs started? Nope

thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73814)

Big whoop there are a few people who thought Gilmer would beat yall thats not alot. Most people had a good feeling the LH would win so againno weight.

WylieBulldog92
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ZOHAN
Don't know but as of now I don't see anyone stopping them.
Who is this guy and how is he ejected already?

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Of course there's pressure and a thread being started before the playoffs even starts just adds to it. They put as much or more pressure on themselves as anyone.

Alot of good teams do put the pressure on themselves Celina is a perfect example.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Who is this guy and how is he ejected already?

Thats the kid from snyder the old snyder325tigers or something like that. He got kicked a week ago and then made a new name.

Tailback
10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Liberty Hill has a better chance than any other team to win state. That is why they are ranked number one. Don't really know how the brackets are going to shape up yet either. They could have an easy road or a more difficult one. We will have to wait and see.

TexanAlum_06
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
IMO the only way they might lose in the playoffs is if they play a team that has played them before and has seen their offense. If their road through the playoffs doesnt have any teams that have seen it then look out. If they were to meet up again I think Abilene Wylie would be the team that could do it.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I wouldnt say they have a better chance. I would say they have just as good a chance as anyone.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Anybody can beat anybody we have had to learn that the hard way. I honestly believe that China Spring or Bridgeport could be the team to knock them off.

Tailback
10-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Wylie is really the only team I'd be scared to play again. Nobody else worries me. LH would be able to handle the rest of the teams we already played.

orange machine
10-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Wylie would be tough, but i would be worried about the teams more that yall have not seen. China and Bridgeport are the real deal.

Tailback
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I wouldnt say they have a better chance. I would say they have just as good a chance as anyone.

Yes true. They have an advantage being the best team is what I meant by that. China Spring does not really worry me. Their defense would have to improve tremendously. As for Bridgeport, I never even heard of them before this year. It is hard for teams who have not played against the slot-t to do well. Not all that scared if we have to play either of them. You never know though, thats why the games are played.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Just from what I saw at Wylie, no. They did look as strong as they did 2 years ago. Sorry LHPM :devil: They DID look as strong as 2 years ago? :confused: LOL

slow night, huh?

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Just from what I saw at Wylie, no. They did look as strong as they did 2 years ago. Sorry LHPM :devil:
No problem! Just trust me when I say we're not the same team you saw then. ;) They're ready for another run. And I'll say that they are flat out determined, so watch out!

WylieBulldog92
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
LIVERTY FILL IS BAD! :D

orange machine
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I have seen alot of determined teams get beat.

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 12:47 AM

Yeah, like Celina in '06:D :p

Like LHPM said, I was a little skeptical at the beginning of the year about the caliber of this years team. The only two games I've seen this year is the game in Abilene against Wylie and the Wimberley game last week. And let me tell you, this team has improved alot. They are really coming into playoff shape, remind me alot of the 2006 team..the defense isn't going to shut anyone out..but they will find a way to stop you when it matters. And like tailback said, if you have never seen the Slot-T, it's damn near impossible to stop it.

orange machine
10-29-2008, 01:05 AM
That 06 game will haunt me forever.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 06:19 AM
I said "watch out". I didn't say we would win it all again. :p

ShortDog68
10-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Who is Bridgeport? Many teams have thought the same. Bridgeport has not seen this type of football. Bring some popcorn and a video camera. It will be a short playoff for Bridgeport!

LH will run over you. You will not know what happened to you.

Pick6
10-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I dont have a point

That's pretty obvious in all your post.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
This ridiculous to argue......and shows more people want L.H. to get beat then ACTUALLY think they can be beat...easy to push a button that says no or, yes and give reasons of why and why not, who will and who wont stop them.....The bottom line is until somebody finds a away to STOP...not just slow down this Slot-t...its not happening...L.H. is the front runner to destroy the 3A DII playoffs and bring home a 3 peat....The rushing yards should be all one needs to look at when making a logical pick.....

and Bridgeport...yall need to FIND a defense before thinking of stopping that Purple fright train that will be headed straight at yall if the pairings work out correctly....My bets are LH ruffs yall up a bit if and when it happens, but yall are having a good season so far...IMO......

PASSING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME COMP ATT YDS INT TD
12 Braden Fickel 10 15 291 1 3
TEAM TOTALS 10 15 291 1 3

RUSHING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME ATT YDS TD LONG
33 Ryan Fickel 155 980 11 -
20 Dusty Turner 32 716 8 -
22 Dusty Boyd 109 709 7 -
26 Matt McCain 61 590 8 -
21 Cody Lattimore 41 333 5 -
35 Tyler Lawhorn 33 307 7 -
44 Sam Foster 21 194 1 -
42 Cody Nash 12 109 - -
12 Braden Fickel 27 95 1 -
1 Ryan Cox 10 82 1 -
8 Justin Bates 2 16 1 -
TEAM TOTALS 503 4131 50 0

RECEIVING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME REC YDS TD
9 Joshua Woodbury 4 158 2
26 Matt McCain 3 59 0
20 Dusty Turner 2 38 1
1 Ryan Cox 1 36 0
TEAM TOTALS 10 291 3:clap: :clap: :clap: :rolleyes:

firstcat
10-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Yeah, like Celina in '06:D :p

Like LHPM said, I was a little skeptical at the beginning of the year about the caliber of this years team. The only two games I've seen this year is the game in Abilene against Wylie and the Wimberley game last week. And let me tell you, this team has improved alot. They are really coming into playoff shape, remind me alot of the 2006 team..the defense isn't going to shut anyone out..but they will find a way to stop you when it matters. And like tailback said, if you have never seen the Slot-T, it's damn near impossible to stop it.

Actually, this is the first defense that has had shut-outs since what....'04?
Admittedly biased, but this is the best O-Line (according to rival coaches' comments after games) that LH has ever had. I know one thing, a team is going to have to score ALOT to knock us off!

With that said, our boys take it one game at a time...and that seems to be a pretty effective strategy, at least the last 33 times anyway!

wimbo_pro
10-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Oh hush First Cat!! That's enough outa you!

I predict a Liberty Hill -WOS DII final game. Who would win this predicted clash? Ummm....ask me after Thanksgiving.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 08:41 AM

I'm sure you meant to say "didn't" look as strong.....so I will respond using that correction.

You saw them in their 2nd game of the season? I did too! I also saw them in their 4th game of the season, where they looked "stronger" than they did in the 2nd game......isn't that how it's supposed to work? As the season progresses, you get stronger and better??

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...isn't that how it's supposed to work? As the season progresses, you get stronger and better??

Nope:D :evillol:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Nope:D :evillol:

Wow!! I guess he was right then!!

I hadn't voted yet, but armed with that info, I guess I am gonna have to vote with the majority and say no!!

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow!! I guess he was right then!!

I hadn't voted yet, but armed with that info, I guess I am gonna have to vote with the majority and say no!!

Of course everyone will say no, It makes more sense to say we will lose, considering only 2 teams win every year.

Plus, being in a new region, you have alot of teams that have never seen us and have no earthly idea what's coming:devil:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Of course everyone will say no, It makes more sense to say we will lose, considering only 2 teams win every year.

Plus, being in a new region, you have alot of teams that have never seen us and have no earthly idea what's coming:devil:

At last count, 18 had said yes...and that was where I was heading until you told me my thinking was wrong!!!!:eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
At last count, 18 had said yes...and that was where I was heading until you told me my thinking was wrong!!!!:eek: :eek:

It was sarcasm darling:p

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
It was sarcasm darling:p

Mine was too, sugar britches!!:)

wimbo_pro
10-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey RM!! Daddy 11!!! Get a room!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Shut up wimpy. :devil:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM

You are disgusting!! I call my one month old grandson "sugar britches" too!!:tongue:

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM

Okay:2thumbsup :inlove:

wimbo_pro
10-29-2008, 10:00 AM
You are disgusting!! I call my one month old grandson "sugar britches" too!!:tongue:

Hold on!! I simply meant a room to discuss and argue and come to some resolution. What did you think....WAIT A MINUTE????? OMG!!!! YOU THOUGHT...??? HOLY COW!!???!!!

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Okay:2thumbsup :inlove:

"Sugarbritches"......I'd put a bet down that you couldn't handle it :eek: :eek: . Yep.....I went there!!! Better delete it quick... :evillol: :evillol: :smoker:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
You are disgusting!!

You are obvious :D :p

firstcat
10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh hush First Cat!! That's enough outa you!

I predict a Liberty Hill -WOS DII final game. Who would win this predicted clash? Ummm....ask me after Thanksgiving.

:kiss:

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
"Sugarbritches"......I'd put a bet down that you couldn't handle it :eek: :eek: . Yep.....I went there!!! Better delete it quick... :evillol: :evillol: :smoker:

I'll take that bet:eek: :D

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Think it would be cool to see 'em win it again myself. Kinda found myself being a Liberty Hill fan. Love watching a team that's tough & disciplined like that. Good luck to them Panthers!

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Think it would be cool to see 'em win it again myself. Kinda found myself being a Liberty Hill fan. Love watching a team that's tough & disciplined like that. Good luck to them Panthers!

That's awesome, thanks! Most everyone cannot help but love them some Panthers after we play them:)

I think I'm going to be a Brownwood Bandwagon Joiner just so I can meet some more volleyball players!:evilgrin:

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Getting back on topic.. If LH continues to play teams in the playoffs that have never seen us, we are going to have a hay day :D

From the looks of it, it's very primitive but it appears it'd be Glen Rose then possibly Decatur. I like our chances in both of those very much.

OldBison75
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Unless something out of the ordinary, like key injuries or a sudden influx of carpal tunnel syndrome strikes the LH running backs causing alot of turnovers, they will be very tough to stop in the playoffs. In the regular season, the opposing coaches see the teams they are playing in multiple scouting and film reviews to prepare. Most 3-a teams now scout at least three weeks in advance of a game. In the playoffs, you are lucky to get more than one chance to see the team in live action before you meet.

I was one of those that thought the simple nature of the Slot-T would not be enough to beat a high scoring spread team in the playoffs last year. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!

LH plays the SLOT-T to perfection most of the time and has the athletes and coaching to turn it into a high scoring offense. You usually think of the SLOT-T as a pure pound it out , three yards and a cloud of dust offense that will use alot of time and keep opposing offenses off the field. NOT AT LIBERTY HILL!

This team has perfected this offense and believes they can score in one or two plays from anywhere on the field. They have also proven that they will line up and pound a good defense to death if needed. I don't see ayone beatin LH this year in a normal game. Granted, if there are key injuries or a number of turnovers that LH normally doesn't make, they will be vulnerable. However, I think they are so disciplined that they might even overcome those type situation.

Label me a believer.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Unless something out of the ordinary, like key injuries or a sudden influx of carpal tunnel syndrome strikes the LH running backs causing alot of turnovers, they will be very tough to stop in the playoffs. In the regular season, the opposing coaches see the teams they are playing in multiple scouting and film reviews to prepare. Most 3-a teams now scout at least three weeks in advance of a game. In the playoffs, you are lucky to get more than one chance to see the team in live action before you meet.

I was one of those that thought the simple nature of the Slot-T would not be enough to beat a high scoring spread team in the playoffs last year. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!

LH plays the SLOT-T to perfection most of the time and has the athletes and coaching to turn it into a high scoring offense. You usually think of the SLOT-T as a pure pound it out , three yards and a cloud of dust offense that will use alot of time and keep opposing offenses off the field. NOT AT LIBERTY HILL!

This team has perfected this offense and believes they can score in one or two plays from anywhere on the field. They have also proven that they will line up and pound a good defense to death if needed. I don't see ayone beatin LH this year in a normal game. Granted, if there are key injuries or a number of turnovers that LH normally doesn't make, they will be vulnerable. However, I think they are so disciplined that they might even overcome those type situation.

Label me a believer.

UUUUUUHHHHHHH...what he said.......:clap:

Aesculus gilmus
10-29-2008, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't have thought so in August, but I now think Gilmer could give Liberty Hill a game.

Our defense is playing pretty well. The offense is awesome, as usual.

Gladewater runs supposedly a "Wing-T" offense, so it will give the Buckeyes some practice facing a running team Friday.

I hope this year, should the rematch occur, that our scouts will at least figure out that Liberty Hill does not run the "Wing-T." You know you're in trouble when they don't even know the name of the opposing offense. As I understand it, the Slot-T and Wing-T, though related, are not identical offenses.

waterboy
10-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll give ya three guesses as to what I voted, the first two don't count!:evillol:

We shall see y'all again!:evillol: :wave: :1popcorn: :D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
and maybe even clue the coaches in that the LH defense is as good as its offense......dang fourth down tries......, 0-3,0-4, or 0-5....which was it, you dont want that rematch.

waterboy
10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
and maybe even clue the coaches in that the LH defense is as good as its offense......dang fourth down tries......, 0-3,0-4, or 0-5....which was it, you dont want that rematch.
Oh, yes we do! Don't know for sure if either, or both, will be there this year, though, but it wouldn't surprise me if both were. Personally, I think it would be a MUCH better matchup this go 'round! Traylor has done very good on big rematches like this one would be. He is still undefeated in all the big time rematches he has been involved in, and at least this time he will have seen Liberty Hill's team and the Slot-T offense they run. I like our chances in a rematch.......if it occurs.:D

Tailback
10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I wouldn't have thought so in August, but I now think Gilmer could give Liberty Hill a game.

Our defense is playing pretty well. The offense is awesome, as usual.

Gladewater runs supposedly a "Wing-T" offense, so it will give the Buckeyes some practice facing a running team Friday.

I hope this year, should the rematch occur, that our scouts will at least figure out that Liberty Hill does not run the "Wing-T." You know you're in trouble when they don't even know the name of the opposing offense. As I understand it, the Slot-T and Wing-T, though related, are not identical offenses.

Gladewater running the wing-t does not even compare to Liberty Hill's offense. No other team in the state can even simulate what LH does. That is what makes this offense so tough to defend. I really do not see any team stopping LH anytime soon.

Tailback
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oh, yes we do! Don't know for sure if either, or both, will be there this year, though, but it wouldn't surprise me if both were. Personally, I think it would be a MUCH better matchup this go 'round! Traylor has done very good on big rematches like this one would be. He is still undefeated in all the big time rematches he has been involved in, and at least this time he will have seen Liberty Hill's team and the Slot-T offense they run. I like our chances in a rematch.......if it occurs.:D

You Gilmer fans just better hope yall go DI and Liberty Hill goes DII so that yall have a chance of winning state this year. If there is a rematch your defense will not be able to stop LH and your players will get frustrated again leading to another big win for LH. I really do not know why any team would want a rematch will Liberty Hill..

blaster
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM

Bridgeport is the team that is rated above LH in two polls....

That is who we are.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Do these "TWO POLLS" know Bridgeport can not spell defens in 2008 and that has been the downfall of every high ranked Bridgeport team.

waterboy
10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Tailback
You Gilmer fans just better hope yall go DI and Liberty Hill goes DII so that yall have a chance of winning state this year. If there is a rematch your defense will not be able to stop LH and your players will get frustrated again leading to another big win for LH. I really do not know why any team would want a rematch will Liberty Hill..
I know you think I'm going against the grain, but YES, I would love to have a rematch! Gilmer WILL be D2 this year. The question is will Liberty Hill be D1 or D2 this year. It doesn't matter to me if we have to play them or not as long as we win the title. But if Liberty Hill somehow wins it in D1, there will always be that question mark in my mind, as well as most others, as to which team is better......or maybe not based on LAST year. That's the LAST thing I would want! You have to beat the best to BE the best, so YES I would love to see a rematch! Let's just say I LIKE our chances in a rematch! There's a WHOLE LOTTA football left to play before we can even think about a title game, though. We still have to beat 7 more teams to get there, and I know at least 5 of them that could send us home early if we don't take care of business. Region 3 is gonna be a tough road! Whoever does make it out of this region will be either battle-tested, or beat up.........or both!

Wait a minute! I just got to looking and I've found out Liberty Hill is Region 4. That means if we do meet up it would have to be in the Semi-finals. Oh well! It would've been better as a title game, but.........

blaster
10-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Do these "TWO POLLS" know Bridgeport can not spell defens in 2008 and that has been the downfall of every high ranked Bridgeport team.

Speaking of spelling defense..LOL

Yes it has been the case in the past. But, this year is the best it has been a long, long, long time.

exbull
10-29-2008, 01:52 PM

I am pretty sure you are the one that can't spell "defense" There are several teams that would have to disagree with you about the bulls defense this year. In the years past i can not disagree with you, but these boys can flat out play both sides of the ball this year.

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 01:54 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

LH_Tuff
10-29-2008, 01:55 PM

Wait a minute! I just got to looking and I've found out Liberty Hill is Region 4. That means if we do meet up it would have to be in the Semi-finals. Oh well! It would've been better as a title game, but.........
Liberty Hill is now in Region 1.

Bullaholic
10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

And you know you would curl up and die without it. :D

waterboy
10-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Liberty Hill is now in Region 1.
Yeah, I went back and looked and you're right! Is there any chance Liberty Hill goes D1? The only way we would ever meet y'all again is if y'all go D2.......that is if we both make it. I would definitely LOVE to see a rematch! Getcha popcorn ready :1popcorn: if that happens!

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM

That is who we are.

Good one:rolleyes: Keep holding onto those precious rankings and we will just take the thumping that we're going to put on you when we meet you in about a month. If my math is correct, you could either be the 37th or 38th victory in a row for us.. that is if you're mighty cows even make it that far.

LH_Tuff
10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I went back and looked and you're right! Is there any chance Liberty Hill goes D1? The only way we would ever meet y'all again is if y'all go D2.......that is if we both make it. I would definitely LOVE to see a rematch! Getcha popcorn ready :1popcorn: if that happens!
There is a chance LH could go D1. But not likely. It looks like Burnet will get into the playoffs and they would be the D1 rep.

Careful what you wish for. And if the rematch occurs, bring enough popcorn for everyone. :)

blaster
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Good one:rolleyes: Keep holding onto those precious rankings and we will just take the thumping that we're going to put on you when we meet you in about a month. If my math is correct, you could either be the 37th or 38th victory in a row for us.. that is if you're mighty cows even make it that far.

Gotta love trash talk. I hope we do meet up in the playoffs. It would be a win/win situation. I still have LH as #1 in my poll so if the Bulls was to beat LH great. If not, then the Bulls could say It took the best in the state to knock them out!

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Gotta love trash talk. I hope we do meet up in the playoffs. It would be a win/win situation. I still have LH as #1 in my poll so if the Bulls was to beat LH great. If not, then the Bulls could say It took the best in the state to knock them out!

That is very true:clap: Great post.

waterboy
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
There is a chance LH could go D1. But not likely. It looks like Burnet will get into the playoffs and they would be the D1 rep.

Careful what you wish for. And if the rematch occurs, bring enough popcorn for everyone. :)
Duly noted. I ain't skeared, LOL! Like I said, you gotta BEAT the best to BE the best! I would LOVE to see it happen! I think the results would be alot different this time around! After all, methinks there's alot more room for improvement on our part.......if ya know what I mean, LOL!:D

Stownhorse
10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
They DID look as strong as 2 years ago? :confused: LOL

slow night, huh?

sroyy, didnt*****

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Hopefully you will get the chance to meet us.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
LH will stomp 'em:devil:

Again, I just hope you get the chance to meet us.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ShortDog68
Who is Bridgeport? Many teams have thought the same. Bridgeport has not seen this type of football. Bring some popcorn and a video camera. It will be a short playoff for Bridgeport!

LH will run over you. You will not know what happened to you.

My... I am impressed. What games have you scouted of Bridgeport's this year? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Threads like this crack me up.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM

Ummm, I do know that I can spell D-E-F-E-N-S-E and you cannot...

martwayne
10-29-2008, 05:11 PM
i think the navasota rattlers willknock them out this year

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
i think the navasota rattlers willknock them out this year

Isn't Navasota going DI? Meaning we won't even meet, which is actually good news if you're a Rattlers fan:p

OldBison75
10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes, Navasota will definitely be Division 1. Unless LH has a meltdown in thier district, they will be Division II. And as far as meeting LH again and knocking them off, I would hope that the Navasota Rattlers would make a better showing this year. I think we are a much better team, expecially on Defense. That said, I for one, am glad that I don't even have to think about facing the LH offense in the playoffs. Cuero, Bellville or Sealy, and others like maybe Sinton and Gilmer aren't exactly what I wish for either. But, I will take them and be glad that LH is playing somewhere where we ain't. I love LH and the program and fans they have, but I'll be happy to be a bandwagon cheerleader while watching my team in another division.

wimbo_pro
10-29-2008, 06:38 PM

That is who we are.

Bridgeport Schmidgeport....until you have seen Hill Country football, you aint lived!!!!

Tailback
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Again, I just hope you get the chance to meet us.

You must be on something then.. Or crazy.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2008, 06:47 PM
NOT if we can help it.

orange machine
10-29-2008, 06:53 PM
This is the year that the big dogs fall.

catdaddy
10-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Whew!, good thing we're big cats...:D

IHStangFan
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
I voted no....not because I wouldn't like to see them do it again....but this has been such a crazy year....I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop......

sorry LHPM!!! Just a gut feeling I have! Hope I'm wrong!!

roughneck_2008
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
the odds are against them, but if u saw the game they played last week against wimberley then they will be hard to be beat. they capitalized on any and all the mistakes of the other team, didnt make stupid penalties and just played good team ball and limited the turnovers, so out of anyone i have seen i think they can do it again

orange machine
10-29-2008, 08:08 PM
LH is gonna run into some team that will be able to contain the LH offense. I think i know of just that team also :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
LH is gonna run into some team that will be able to contain the LH offense. I think i know of just that team also :kiss:

orange machine
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
You LH people know that if you win 3 titles in a row you get investigated for recruiting.

popcorn screen
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
lots of good teams out there, so I will take the field

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
You LH people know that if you win 3 titles in a row you get investigated for recruiting.
Nope....I won't go there. :mad:

Panther One
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Didn't read through every page, so some of this may have been addressed.

Other top ranked teams are losing, so LH is bound to fall, too
Really? So the football gods are out to get us this year?

Judging Liberty Hill based on the Wylie game
This would be good if we didn't improve at all during the season. Last year we were trailing Burnet 17-7 at halftime in our second game of the year. I don't think many Panther fans watched that game and thought we were a lock for another title. In fact, I believe many probably began questioning if we could do. It's a good thing the playoffs don't start until after week 10.

The Brownwood Shootout...the Panther D isn't good enough to win state
Does anyone remember the Cuero game last year, or the Wimberley game in '06 (our last loss)? It seems we're good for an offensive showdown every year. Coincidentally, those shootouts have happened in week four the past two years.

The Burnet game: a game we should have lost
Rockdale anyone? Eerily similar to the offensive shootouts, our worst performances each of the last two years both occurred in game six. Rockdale ended up being our closest game last year, and many used that game to justify potential upsets of the Panthers in the playoffs. Many will do the same this year with the Burnet game. Bad games happen. Expecting a team to play that bad again probably isn't likely, especially given their track record.

Pressure, too hard to do it three times in a row, someone will figure out how to stop the offense, bla, bla, bla
If we lose, it will have nothing to do with pressure. We've been in pressure situations, especially this year. It's hard to win state once, much less three times in a row, so that's a decent argument, but it really applies to everyone. And there are plenty of coaches that no how to defend our offense. Having the players than can and will is another story.

We lost a lot of really good players from last year's team; all-state caliber players that you just don't replace overnight. We lost our entire backfield and much of our O-line. Yet we went on the road the first two weeks to face very good teams on fields where they don't lose much. We were FAR from perfect in either game, yet still came out with a win. Two weeks later we faced a Brownwood team whose passing attack was ON...yet we kept plugging along and came out with a win. Against Burnet we were down with 26 seconds left, but kept battling and came away with a win. Last week we went into Wimberley, the site of our last loss, with the district title on the line, facing a familiar foe who would have loved to end our winning streak. Many thought it was going to happen. Then Panthers put those ideas to rest early and cruised to victory.

A third state title is going to be a HUGE challenge, but this team has passed greater regular season tests than the two previous teams. There's nothing about the Panthers that you can point to and say that they can't do it again. Yes, we have weaknesses, but that's nothing new. Find a 3A team without any. We're not unbeatable, but when we're on our game, I'll take the Panthers over anyone.

Looking at the brackets, if higher ranked teams win, the playoffs should breakdown like this for Liberty Hill as long as we keep winning.

Rd 1: Glen Rose
Rd 2: Decatur (will have two weeks to prepare for us)
Rd 3: Sweetwater or Brownwood
Rd 4: China Spring or Bridgeport
Rd 5: Celina or Pleasant Grove
Rd 6: West-Orange Stark, Bellville, Navasota, someone else...

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
bla, bla, bla

:D

I have to agree with everything you said! :)

orange machine
10-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Its hard to win a one title. Its very hard to win two titles back to back and its very uncommon for a team to win three in a row. I think LH has a good chance, but alot of teams from no where seem to be stepping up like LH did in 06.

Beast Fan
10-30-2008, 03:53 AM
Be my guest. You dont have to get defensive and dont say your not because you are or you wouldnt say what is your point. I dont have a point just curious to see what other people opinions are.:eek:
WTH kind of gibberish is that? Don't worry they will keep passing you because you are special.

Beast Fan
10-30-2008, 04:10 AM
That 06 game will haunt me forever. Maybe LH 08 will replace your old nightmares.

easttexas3a
10-30-2008, 04:40 AM
I think whoever comes out of Region 3 will give them a good game. You will have teams like Gilmer and Carthage who played them last year. You will have a very talented west orange stark team. One of those 3 will give you a game. I personally believe right now Gilmer is better then they were at this stage in the season last year. Gilmer has had a chance to play a very salty running team in Kilgore, who they held to 17 points. They held Chapel Hill who was ranked 10 in the state with one of the best backs in Texas to 6 points. The Gilmer D is playing much better then last years D. they don't have the division 1 athletes they had last year, but they are just playing some darn good football.

I hope if we get there, that it is Liberty Hill on the other side. Trust me, that's who Gilmer would love for it to be. And lets play it in a dome too :D

waterboy
10-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I think whoever comes out of Region 3 will give them a good game. You will have teams like Gilmer and Carthage who played them last year. You will have a very talented west orange stark team. One of those 3 will give you a game. I personally believe right now Gilmer is better then they were at this stage in the season last year. Gilmer has had a chance to play a very salty running team in Kilgore, who they held to 17 points. They held Chapel Hill who was ranked 10 in the state with one of the best backs in Texas to 6 points. The Gilmer D is playing much better then last years D. they don't have the division 1 athletes they had last year, but they are just playing some darn good football.

I hope if we get there, that it is Liberty Hill on the other side. Trust me, that's who Gilmer would love for it to be. And lets play it in a dome too :D
:iagree: :iagree:
See! Ain't nobody running from a challenge. The whole town, and team, would LOVE the rematch. Alot of football to be played before that ever happens, though, if it happens. Like I said, I like our chances in a rematch, but right now that's too far away to even think about. I can assure ya of one thing, it won't be played at Floyd Casey Stadium if it does happen!:D

cshscougar08
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Tailback how much do you want our defense to improve? I mean, we're only giving up 11 points a game. Not a lot to improve on IMO. And most of those points have come against the second and third stringers.

CHS_89
10-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Beast Fan
Maybe LH 08 will replace your old nightmares.

We gotta get there first!!!

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Hey Tailback how much do you want our defense to improve? I mean, we're only giving up 11 points a game. Not a lot to improve on IMO. And most of those points have come against the second and third stringers. I think it's obvious what the next comment will be: "but who have you played?"

I'm not asking, nor do I care. I'm simply pointing out that this is probably the direction this is going. :D

I'm intrigued by China Spring. They have quietly been rolling right along. Could a La Vega/China Spring match up happen way down the road? :thinking:

Pick6
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM

I'm intrigued by China Spring.

You and me both. My pick to win State in whatever division they go.

CHS_89
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
You and me both. My pick to win State in whatever division they go.

They have a great shot at it. Is the defense as good as or better than the defense last year? The offensive production to date speaks for itself. CS will be right up there. I'd like to go watch them play again in the playoffs.

Silverback 04
10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
I have always been a big fan of CS, great place and great people. I am also a little intrigued by their team because they are ranked and undefeated. I know the old saying that you can only play the guys that are on your schedule, but i am a little worried that they have played teams with a combined 17-44 record. In other words, they haven't been tested. The next 2 weeks might give you better reason to get excited.

Silverback 04
10-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I forgot to give my opinion on whether the Panthers will 3-peat. I think it will be their toughest of the 3 years just because I believe that 3A is more competetive than ever. I think there are 10 teams that can knock us off if we play well, depending on a lucky or unlucky bounce either way, and another 10 that can beat us if we have a bad game (turnovers/penalties).

cshscougar08
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll be the first to say that we haven't played anyone. However, you can't fault us for the district games. That's not our say. But non district has never been hard for us and I really don't know why. But I will say that our non district slate was better this year than in the past. Farfield is vastly improved, Groesbeck and Mexia are contending for playoff spots in 19-3A. Don't know WHAT has happened to Robinson this year. But the thing is, our schedule really doesn't matter. The MAJORITY of this team was playing in the playoffs last year. There are a ton of seniors on this team that have a lot of experience in tough games. And we have two of the best seniors in the state IMO in Mike Hicks and Ryan Boutwell. So I'm not worried that we haven't really played any difficult games yet. Glen Rose will be a solid test, but we should win. Gatesville at Gatesville IMO will be a tougher test. Back to old 17-3A rivalries there. But once playoffs start, we'll be prepared and ready to make another deep run.

gibby
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tailback
Wylie is really the only team I'd be scared to play again. Nobody else worries me. LH would be able to handle the rest of the teams we already played.

Wylie will be DI and I think LH will go DII. Am I right about that?

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Wylie will be DI and I think LH will go DII. Am I right about that?
It's highly likely that we will be DII, but it's not set in stone yet.

gibby
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey LH fans, thanks for the respect.

Tailback
10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Hey Tailback how much do you want our defense to improve? I mean, we're only giving up 11 points a game. Not a lot to improve on IMO. And most of those points have come against the second and third stringers.

I don't want your defense to improve at all. It would make playin yall that much easier. Ture yall are only giving up 11 points a game, but have you seen the quality of teams yall have been playing? If your defense does not have any room for improvement then I would be worried, becasue they would have to step up their game quite a bit if they were to meet up with LH.