PDA

View Full Version : What do you think more of?

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
A team that has gone undefeated, but played no one?

Or

A team that has a few losses but has played a brutal schedule?

I think the team with a few losses to good teams, while beating some other good teams...........deserves more recognition.

JMO

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree. :)

HORNETSPORTSFAN
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I Also Agree

957tiger
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
How about the team that does well every year, boast a winning record, makes it to the play-offs but has never won a championship. I think that coach would trade all the winning seasons for just one state championship. To get your name on the trophy is what it's all about.

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
How about the team that does well every year, boast a winning record, makes it to the play-offs but has never won a championship. I think that coach would trade all the winning seasons for just one state championship. To get your name on the trophy is what it's all about. That is a good point.

We honestly thought 07 was "our year" for the Title.

Then, Robinson woke us up and sent us home, and it wasn;t even close. Was a sad night.

The same could be said about the previous year, or was it the one before that?..... Anyway, Wimberley woke us up... and sent us home. It might have been the worst loss in school History..... Granted, no Flannel.... but still.

I would have to check on that though.

62-7..... That was not a fun night.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
How about the team that does well every year, boast a winning record, makes it to the play-offs but has never won a championship. I think that coach would trade all the winning seasons for just one state championship. To get your name on the trophy is what it's all about.
That can be said for the majority of the teams in the playoffs every year.

carter08
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

62-7.

:(

roughneck_2008
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
yea, 05,06,07 wc lost to the team that went to the state game, we were one game away. 06 was the year we were suppose to be the best but we met wimberley and u know the rest.

Gp83
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
A team that challenges themselves

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:14 PM
How do you define "no one"?

Do you base it on record alone?

At what point in the season does someone become a "no one"?

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

IMO, it might be middle-of-the-road lower classification or non-UIL teams.

WylieBulldog92
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM

So you already found out he was talking about Sinton :p

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
So you already found out he was talking about Sinton :p

I would hope that if he is talking about Sinton, he would have the stones to come right out and say it.

Either way it makes no difference to me.

I'm just glad our boys are winning and I don't think we've played a bunch of "no ones", but what do I know?

JR2004
10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I would hope that if he is talking about Sinton, he would have the stones to come right out and say it.

Either way it makes no difference to me.

I'm just glad our boys are winning and I don't think we've played a bunch of "no ones", but what do I know?

Yes he's talking about Sinton, but who cares! I guess when the home team is 1-6 you've got to talk about something else!

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Yes he's talking about Sinton, but who cares! I guess when the home team is 1-6 you've got to talk about something else! Not me, but I do find it amusing/ If we are not very good and have played a bunch of no ones why are people even talking about us?! :vrycnfsd:

big daddy russ
10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Not me, but I do find it amusing/ If we are not very good and have played a bunch of no ones why are people even talking about us?! :vrycnfsd:
Must be doing something right.

JR2004
10-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Not me, but I do find it amusing/ If we are not very good and have played a bunch of no ones why are people even talking about us?! :vrycnfsd:

Because some of y'all folks from Sinton aren't liked by other posters (Who will remain unnamed!) so they make dumb comments.

I like all of the posters from Sinton that support the UNDEFEATED SINTON PIRATES though!

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Where did my post say anything about Sinton, was actually referring to Cleveland..... but yea.

:rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
10-29-2008, 02:47 PM
There is a bottom line here. Winners stand out and losers don't like to lose. Winners become targets. LH understands, Celina, any team that wins always has detractors. I cannot tell you how many times we heard that our first year back in 3a. Have not played anyone. Well you play who you schedule and you win or lose. But winning is still winning and losing is still losing. You may have an easy schedule but you do not know till you play them. IF you win big you make your schedule look easy. The better your team is the easier your schedule looks to the nay sayers. Go on Sinton prove em as wrong as you can for as long as you can. Celina respects any team that lines up on the field accross from them and hats off after the game win or lose.

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Yes he's talking about Sinton, but who cares! I guess when the home team is 1-6 you've got to talk about something else! Dude.......

Gimme a break...:rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Where did my post say anything about Sinton, was actually referring to Cleveland..... but yea.

:rolleyes:

Well, if you had them in mind you should have just said so and for the record, I think it's pointless to debate these types of questions.

Old Dog
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I respect Coach Vance and the Panthers at Liberty Hill for their schedule. Having Giddings, Wylie and Brownwood for starters was a sure way to test your team. Truth is, if you lost them all it would give your team a good test; but of course, they won um.