PDA

View Full Version : What makes 3Adownlow Great...

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 04:32 PM
The Characters involved....

The mods (Keep things in line while all having secret jokes none of us regulars know about)

The people who drop in every once in a while who used to be regulars..... (G$$, G2, Gobbla, D303APP,PPHSFan, etc.)

The stat guy that noone else has.... (Wos87)

A few people who keep things constantly funny (Nobogey, kep, emerson, etc.)

The senseless homers.... (applies to all homers)

The people who constantly piss each other off (there are many)

The "Drama Queens"---------

And then there is a group called other....(IDC and Bocephus can call this home)

There are many more..... Am I leaving off anybody or aspect that is important?

Bullaholic
10-28-2008, 05:25 PM
O.k., everybody---Now's your chance to take your helmets off and point to your chests. :D

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

The mods (Keep things in line while all having secret jokes none of us regulars know about)

The people who drop in every once in a while who used to be regulars..... (G$$, G2, Gobbla, D303APP,PPHSFan, etc.)

The stat guy that noone else has.... (Wos87)

A few people who keep things constantly funny (Nobogey, kep, emerson, etc.)

The senseless homers.... (applies to all homers)

The people who constantly piss each other off (there are many)

And then there is a group called other....(IDC and Bocephus can call this home)

There are many more..... Am I leaving off anybody or aspect that is important?
wos87 posts or provides his services ( :eek: ) to other message boards, but we won't hold it against him :p :D

Emerson1
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Don't ever put a g$$ in the same sentence as PPHSfan, G2 and Gobbla no matter what it is.

carter08
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't ever put a g$$ in the same sentence as PPHSfan, G2 and Gobbla no matter what it is.

XD

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't ever put a g$$ in the same sentence as PPHSfan, G2 and Gobbla no matter what it is. LOL. This is true. :clap:

WOS87
10-29-2008, 11:42 PM
What about Mandy? Which category would she be in if she were still allowed to be around??

:devil:

lakers
10-30-2008, 12:35 AM

Wow, you made one for yourself...:D
haha :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
There are many more..... Am I leaving off anybody or aspect that is important? Well, it used to have a family feeling to the board, but that died a long time ago (IMO)

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Well, it used to have a family feeling to the board, but that died a long time ago (IMO)
:blahblah: :hand:

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:blahblah: :hand: To each his/her own. :kiss:

All I'm saying is that this board used to be more fun. Then the rules changed that disallowed almost any thread that might not be "PC" and now it's pretty boring.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Phil C
10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
To each his/her own. :kiss:

All I'm saying is that this board used to be more fun. Then the rules changed that disallowed almost any thread that might not be "PC" and now it's pretty boring.

But Jasper you know it is most important to always

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!!

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
But Jasper you know it is most important to always

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!! True, but more importantly we must

SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 09:17 AM

The board will always be what you make it, IMO.

90% of the time I have fun with the different "characters" of the board.

When I'm not having fun, I log out.

Seems pretty simple to me!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 09:22 AM

We've had the "no politics" rule for years. And yes, that "one" thread would've made it there in very short order!

It's not about being PC because I, for one, have a dislike for being PC. I do know there is a good and bad way to approach ANY subject.

Like p4s said, it's what you make it.

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
It's not about being PC because I, for one, have a dislike for being PC. I do know there is a good and bad way to approach ANY subject. I guess my point would be that any subject that even remotely may take a wrong turn is shut down immediately. I know this makes ya'lls job easier, but it does shut down some interesting discussions before they even have to opportunity to take a wrong turn. I used to enjoy some more interesting discussions. They kept the board lively.:)

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I guess my point would be that any subject that even remotely may take a wrong turn is shut down immediately. I know this makes ya'lls job easier, but it does shut down some interesting discussions before they even have to opportunity to take a wrong turn. I used to enjoy some more interesting discussions. They kept the board lively.:)

Beating a dead horse & going round & round with the same posters is interesting? :speech:

Next time you want an interesting discussion on those subjects might I suggest you take it up in private messages and spare the rest of us the grief!

I_DONT_CARE
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
WHAT MAKES 3ADOWNLOW GREAT...

ME! :evil:

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Beating a dead horse & going round & round with the same posters is interesting? :speech:

Next time you want an interesting discussion on those subjects might I suggest you take it up in private messages and spare the rest of us the grief! This is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because it isn't interesting to YOU doesn't mean that it isn't interesting to others.

The board will always be what you make it, IMO.

Exactly right. The board is what you make it. If you want those discussions to cause you grief, then they will. If you want to look at those discussions as "beating a dead horse" then that's exactly what they'll be to you. It's how you perceive it.

If you've been around a bunch of guys often enough, you know we talk about some of the same stuff all the time. It may get tiring to you, but to us we enjoy it. That doesn't make us right or you right, but it is what it is.

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because it isn't interesting to YOU doesn't mean that it isn't interesting to others.

Exactly right. The board is what you make it. If you want those discussions to cause you grief, then they will. If you want to look at those discussions as "beating a dead horse" then that's exactly what they'll be to you. It's how you perceive it.

If you've been around a bunch of guys often enough, you know we talk about some of the same stuff all the time. It may get tiring to you, but to us we enjoy it. That doesn't make us right or you right, but it is what it is.

You are correct, but we have to keep the peace for EVERYONE.

I can promise you, because I've received countless PMs, that we (mods) aren't the only ones that don't find those certain topics interesting!

The bottom line is we (mods/owners) have the final say on what subjects can and can not be discussed (see rules). We may not always agree on certain subjects, but we all have the ENTIRE boards best interest at heart.

Either you can live with that or you can't.

and that's all I have to say about that!

Bull19
10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Just because it isn't interesting to YOU doesn't mean that it isn't interesting to others.

If you've been around a bunch of guys often enough, you know we talk about some of the same stuff all the time. It may get tiring to you, but to us we enjoy it. That doesn't make us right or you right, but it is what it is. :clap:

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
:clap: I may be in the minority, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.:)

I knew there had to be someone else out there for me to have these "beat a dead horse" discussions with.;) Either that or I'm having a discussion with myself.:crazy:

big daddy russ
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I may be in the minority, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.:)

I knew there had to be someone else out there for me to have these "beat a dead horse" discussions with.;) Either that or I'm having a discussion with myself.:crazy:
I'll go beat a dead horse with you any day, JD.

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'll go beat a dead horse with you any day, JD. So the question is: Whose dead horse shall we beat? We should take nominations and set up a poll and the let downlow decide whose horse will be bludgeoned to death...repeatedly.:D

Bullaholic
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
So the question is: Whose dead horse shall we beat? We should take nominations and set up a poll and the let downlow decide whose horse will be bludgeoned to death...repeatedly.:D

SEDITION - Conduct which is directed against a government and which tends toward insurrection but does not amount to treason. Treasonous conduct consists of levying war against the United States or of adhering to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

The raising commotions or disturbances in the state; it is a revolt against legitimate authority.

:D

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 11:21 AM
So the question is: Whose dead horse shall we beat? We should take nominations and set up a poll and the let downlow decide whose horse will be bludgeoned to death...repeatedly.:D
Go for it! And just to make that political dead horse thread "interesting" right now, my trigger finger is on the "CLOSE" button. :devil:

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Go for it! And just to make that political dead horse thread "interesting" right now, my trigger finger is on the "CLOSE" button. :devil: Awwwww...come on LHPM. You know we weren't going to beat YOUR dead horse....right?:D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

BreckTxLonghorn
10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm, dead horse.....NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Mmmmmmmmmm, dead horse.....NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :spitlol: :redX: :redX: :redX:

garciap77
10-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WHAT MAKES 3ADOWNLOW GREAT...

ME! :evil:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/IDontCareT-Shirt-1.jpg

;)

Bullaholic
10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4MFXnKzmXI

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
What about Mandy? Which category would she be in if she were still allowed to be around??

:devil:

Psychotic.:thinking:

rockdale80
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM

Next time you want an interesting discussion on those subjects might I suggest you take it up in private messages and spare the rest of us the grief!

If someone does not like a thread and are not posting in it then why should their opinion matter? They should just not read it and move on about their business. Instead they have whined until everyone gets punished. I am sorry people are thin skinned and cant take any one disagreeing with them. I have seen plenty of heated discussions that didnt cross any personal lines get shut down...and for what reason?

Everyone can do what I do and only drop in from time to time....;)

JasperDog94
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
If someone does not like a thread and are not posting in it then why should their opinion matter? They should just not read it and move on about their business. Instead they have whined until everyone gets punished. I am sorry people are thin skinned and cant take any one disagreeing with them. I have seen plenty of heated discussions that didnt cross any personal lines get shut down...and for what reason?

Everyone can do what I do and only drop in from time to time....;) Exactly. I know you and I don't see eye to eye on everything...and that's okay. That's what makes for interesting conversations. It would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed on everything.:)

Sometimes I even miss my discussions with G$$ about the "modern era" of college football.:doh: :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 02:04 PM
This was a "what makes 3adownlow great" not a big pity party because there are certain topics that are either off limits or allowed on a limited basis. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And you know...if the rules here are too much, well, I think you know your options. :)

Bull19
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Exactly. I know you and I don't see eye to eye on everything...and that's okay. That's what makes for interesting conversations. It would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed on everything.:)

:clap: :clap: