PDA

View Full Version : Edna @ Goliad for a playoff spot!

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Other than Edna garnering a win via forfeit by Gonzales, I don't know too much about the Cowboys.

Do they have a shot at upsetting Goliad?

Goliad suffered a HUGE defeat last week? Will they rebound at home?

GO TIGERS!!

44INAROW
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I have no real info on Edna, but I am going to go out on a limb and predict they win by 6 - should be a good game...

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have no real info on Edna, but I am going to go out on a limb and predict they win by 6 - should be a good game... interesting.....

Johnny 5
10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I am going Edna by 6 as well.

44INAROW
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
interesting.....

I try :D :D :D :D

Cowboy_Up
10-29-2008, 02:32 PM
The cowboys can win if the O line gives QB Kam Jones a little time and if they open a few holes for RB Fletcher Robinson. The O line starts two sophs and although they have been improving, the line will need to play better if they expect to win. Kam was hurt early in the season, but he seems to be coming into form. He is a very dangerous player who can take over a game.

Defensively the Cowboys have been steadily improving. They are very young on this side of the ball and at times it has shown with opponents making big plays due to missed assignments. The Cowboy defense is very aggressive and they have had stretches in the last few games where they dominated. Whether they are ready to put it together for an entire game remains to be seen.

I expect a low scoring, hard fought game.

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
The cowboys can win if the O line gives QB Kam Jones a little time and if they open a few holes for RB Fletcher Robinson. The O line starts two sophs and although they have been improving, the line will need to play better if they expect to win. Kam was hurt early in the season, but he seems to be coming into form. He is a very dangerous player who can take over a game.

Defensively the Cowboys have been steadily improving. They are very young on this side of the ball and at times it has shown with opponents making big plays due to missed assignments. The Cowboy defense is very aggressive and they have had stretches in the last few games where they dominated. Whether they are ready to put it together for an entire game remains to be seen.

I expect a low scoring, hard fought game.

Thanks for the insight. Good Luck!

JT44
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Kam Jones is an awesome athlete, he was hurt all of last year, and hurt some this year. He played QB as a freshman.
I had him on a summer b-ball league before his soph. year. Great kid, handles pressure well.

If the cowboys can stop Franklin, they win by less than a td.

fourbeee
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Watching them against Yoakum, I was impressed with the speed of their skill players. The Jones kid is a super athelete, but the offensive and defensive line did not appear to be that good. Having said that, I still think they are capable of beating Goliad and playing La Vernia in a couple of weeks in Bi-district. If Yoakum wins out, they would be the 1st seed because they beat Edna and then would play Marion in Bid-district.
Edna 14 Goliad 7

Cowboy_Up
10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Your right, the line play has been weak. The D line is playing better since some kids were moved up from JV. Their first game was the Yoakum game and they played a lot better in the 2nd half as they adjusted to the speed and intensity at the next level.

Still, I'm very surprised to see so many pick Edna to win. We have yet to play what I would consider a "good" game where we competed hard from start to end and didn't make a lot of mistakes. It seems like whenever we play hard we hurt ourselves with penalties, and other times it looks like we are very un-inspired. Hopefully that changes this week as this is obviously our most important game.

tlc84
10-30-2008, 09:14 AM
I have been able to see only a couple of the games for Edna this year and that being their last two games. I did see the one kid who I guess just got pulled up play a good game in Yoakum but did not see him do much against Palacios so I would guess some of the other kids on the line might have decided to pick it up some. I did notice that at times during the game Edna only had one Senior (#88) on the defensive side of the ball so they can only hope to get better as these kids mature.

I think they will have to come up big against Goliad on the defensive side of the ball but so far in Distict the most points they have given up is 22 in a game.

I hope to get to this one

bd62
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
i think edna will have to play there best game of year to beat goliad. no doubt they have the athletics to do that but against yoakum they made to many stupid penalities.they make a stop and get a unsportmanship penality for talking trash.if they cut that out they will be ok. goliad will have to make a big mental turnaround after playing cuero. thats tough but thats where coaching comes in to play.playing in goliad will help.

tlc84
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
You are correct bd62 that kind of action on the field is unacceptable. I love when a guy puts a lick on someone but there is no need to jump all in their face about it when you are acutally just doing your job on the field. Penalities also hurt the Cowboys against the Sharks but they were able to overcome them and pull out the win.

I agree I think the Cowboys will have to play their best game of the year to pull this one out but they are capable of doing it but in the couple of games I have watched their A game has not been there.

Good luck to you all Friday night also and I think if the Cowboys win Friday night they will be pulling for you the next week.