PDA

View Full Version : So what are the potential big time early matchups.

easttexas3a
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
So with districts now taking shape, what are some big time potential matchups that will happen in the first 2 rounds?

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
still too early to call
check back next week
:D

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
There aren't any in Region I in the first round. Unless China
Spring and Liberty Hill play each other.:thinking:

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There aren't any in Region I in the first round. Unless China
Spring and Liberty Hill play each other.:thinking:

Don't think that will happen since Burnet will most likely make playoffs. But it is a possibility for region finals. Also possible would be CS vs. Bridgeport in the second round.

Pick6
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Also possible would be CS vs. Bridgeport in the second round.

What's the early guess on where that might be played at?

JR2004
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
We're locked into a rematch with Kennedale in round 1. The only thing that could change that is if Crandall finds a way to beat Alvarado. That would push the Wildcats to D1, but that's unlikely to happen.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Don't think that will happen since Burnet will most likely make playoffs. But it is a possibility for region finals. Also possible would be CS vs. Bridgeport in the second round. Yall going DII, right? I need to look at a bracket. Where, or rather how does Burnet come into play?

JR2004
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yall going DII, right? I need to look at a bracket. Where, or rather how does Burnet come into play?

Gatesville would have to miss the playoffs for China to go D1. If West beats Gatesville this week then China plays Burnet instead of Gatesville playing them.

easttexas3a
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
If I am not mistaken in 3a region 3 round 2 you could see Navasota play West Orange Stark. Both teams are undefeated and in the top ten.

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
If I am not mistaken in 3a region 3 round 2 you could see Navasota play West Orange Stark. Both teams are undefeated and in the top ten.

That would be a good matchup, both teams have alot of speed and strength on both sides of the ball.

Bullaholic
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
What's the early guess on where that might be played at?

Probably either a Metroplex or a Waco facillity. Depends if the coaches flip, or one just says o.k. to the other's choice. I think this one would be one heckuva game to watch if it happens.

44INAROW
10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Not real sure how La Vernia's district is unfolding - but Cuero vs La Vernia in round 1 could be a really good one:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Not real sure how La Vernia's district is unfolding - but Cuero vs La Vernia in round 1 could be a really good one:eek: looked possible last week but Somerset winning over Poteet means most likely Somerset goes div 1 as they're the 2nd biggest in their district.

They could miss the playoff but then SA Sam Houston would be the ones knocking them out and they get in.
SA Sam Houston is the largest school.

D2:La Vernia
Marion
D1: Somerset or SA Sam Houston

Pick6
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Probably either a Metroplex or a Waco facillity. Depends if the coaches flip, or one just says o.k. to the other's choice. I think this one would be one heckuva game to watch if it happens.

If this games happens I sure hope it's in the metroplex. Do you think Bridgeport can beat Bye in the 1st round? :)

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
easttexas3a : In your post you make the following statement:

At this time, Silsbee looks to be the Division 1 representative from this district. West Orange Stark will be division 2 unless some serious upsets take place the last two weeks.

Navasota will definitely be Division 1.

WOS1
10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
If Cleveland were to lose this week to Coldspring, it would make a WOS vs Cleveland match up in the 1st round.

IHStangFan
10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
are both Cuero and Bellville going DI? That's a matchup I would LOVE to see.