PDA

View Full Version : 24-3A Race?

BV Sports Fan
10-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Navasota beats Cameron this week. Caldwell and Rockdale win out (thus Caldwell beating the Yoe, giving them two losses). That would put Rockdale/Cameron/Caldwell in three way tie for second. All with tie breakers on each other. Who advances and who stays home?

What are all the possible scenarios?

Dogman_1969
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
If Caldwell beats the Yoeman by 14 or more that would put the Yoeman out of the playoffs with a 7-3. If Cameron wins over Caldwell, the Yoeman and Rockdale are in.

My guess is Cameron makes fewer mistakes this week and upsets Navasota at home and goes on to beat Caldwell by 3 or less in week 10. That would put navasota the large school, with Cameron then rockdale in DII.

offduty
10-28-2008, 08:14 AM
for Navasota, Cameron, and Rockdale to be in:

Cameron beats Navasota, it's over
Cameron loses to Navasota, Cameron beats Caldwell
Cameron loses to Navasota, Loses to Caldwell by less than 13 I think

for Navasota, Rockdale, Caldwell to be in:
Cameron loses to Navasota, loses to Caldwell by 14 or more

loaded
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Very important to remember that Rockdale has to beat Taylor.

Taylor could still get in if they beat Caldwell and Rockdale.

cameron91
10-28-2008, 10:01 AM
rockdale/taylor always play each other tuff..the battle of HWY 79

BV Sports Fan
10-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by loaded
Very important to remember that Rockdale has to beat Taylor.

Taylor could still get in if they beat Caldwell and Rockdale.

If Caldwell beats Taylor, but loses to Cameron....and Taylor beats Rockdale. Who would advance in the third place spot? (assuming Navasota finishes first and Cameron 2nd.)

bigcat8
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
rockdale has a good LB.. Has he been offered anywhere yet??

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
If Caldwell beats the Yoeman by 14 or more that would put the Yoeman out of the playoffs with a 7-3. If Cameron wins over Caldwell, the Yoeman and Rockdale are in.

My guess is Cameron makes fewer mistakes this week and upsets Navasota at home and goes on to beat Caldwell by 3 or less in week 10. That would put navasota the large school, with Cameron then rockdale in DII.

I'm sure Navasota will be D1 Anyway. Cameron has an enrollment of of like 475 and i think Rockdale is close to that. Dont know about Caldwell's enrollment but i know they arent bigger than Navasota.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Taylor & Rockdale could be good. That's why I think Taylor puts up a good fight against Caldwell because the Ducks still have a chance. A small one, but a chance nontheless.

Dogman_1969
10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BV Sports Fan
If Caldwell beats Taylor, but loses to Cameron....and Taylor beats Rockdale. Who would advance in the third place spot? (assuming Navasota finishes first and Cameron 2nd.)

Rockdale would because they beat Caldwell head to head and both would have 3 losses. Taylor is pretty much out because of the loss to Madisonville but it may go to points......

87 TIGER
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
rockdale has a good LB.. Has he been offered anywhere yet?? Which one? I think they are all pretty good.

ctownlegend
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
rockdale has a good LB.. Has he been offered anywhere yet??

If your talking about #33, Hammet, He's committed to play for Rice next year...

The district race all depends on what Cameron does these next two weeks...I think they'll beat Navasota this week and claim the district championship...as for the caldwell game..idk...its too early for me to tell, im too worried about Cameron beating those rattlers this week! :D