10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/wseaver/CDY1-2.jpg

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
?

I don't see a picture.:confused:

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
It's a tiny picture...... but it looks like the deer is about 3 foot in the air. Dang!

I know when they get shot, they sometimes jump..... but sheesh.

turbostud
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry man Im having to play with it in photobucket.

turbostud
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
He got hit with an arrow its right behind is front leg.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
He got hit with an arrow its right behind is front leg. Yea, a good shot. A bit high, but still a plenty good shot.

turbostud
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/wseaver/CDY1-2.jpg

turbostud
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM
is that better?

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Yea, now it looks like a perfect shot. Not so high from that size of a picture.

Is that carbon arrows with plastic feathers?

You shoot a compound, or is that even you?

I like Carbon arrows with "real" feathers. Doesn't really matter though, I just think they look cool.

turbostud
10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
No I dont hunt with arrows.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
No I dont hunt with arrows. Gay... Lol.

I think it's alot more challenging than a gun, that's why I like it.

I wouldn't even consider killing an animal with a gun an accomplishment if little kids can do it, JMO.

turbostud
10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
HaHa, yea you are right. Maybe I should invest in a bow. What I hate is when people put out deer feeders and sit on them and call it hunting. Or go to these wild game ranches. That aint right. My brother pissed off his boss and his sidekicks cause he made fun of them for going hunting on a wild game ranch.

sinton66
10-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, using guns is too easy. I prefer to run them down, jump on their back, grab them by the antlers, and slit their throats.:D

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yeah, using guns is too easy. I prefer to run them down, jump on their back, grab them by the antlers, and slit their throats.:D No, but alot more talent/practice/preparation involved in bowhunting.

I promise you that you won't find a 5 y/o out there killing a deer at 40 yds with a bow.

and some guys do kill hogs like that, only dogs involved too.

sinton66
10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
No, but alot more talent/practice/preparation involved in bowhunting.

Depends on how and where you hunt.

DU_stud04
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Depends on how and where you hunt. i do it blindfolded. i am that good. :D

garciap77
10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i do it blindfolded. i am that good. :D

Hey Hollywood! Is that what that Bandana is for?

:D

DU_stud04
10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey Hollywood! Is that what that Bandana is for?

:D yes. just incase i need to show someone up :D

hahaha

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Depends on how and where you hunt. Not im not in my book. If you can walk up on a hill and kill an animal at half a mile and them never know you are there..... then that;s just pathetic.

If you can kill one at 15 yards with a bow, where even the most subtle movement would end your afternoon, well, then you've accomplishged something.

Trashman
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
If you can kill one at 15 yards with a bow, where even the most subtle movement would end your afternoon, well, then you've accomplishged something.

Yeah, cramps from not moving for hours.......give me a gun and about 30 minutes driving through the long pasture!;)

sinton66
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Not im not in my book. If you can walk up on a hill and kill an animal at half a mile and them never know you are there..... then that;s just pathetic.

You need to wak-hunt some mountains and mesas if you think it takes no skill. Also, 1/2 mile shot isn't as easy as it sounds.

Now, do you use a masking scent and a blind when you bow hunt? If so, it's deceit, not skill.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
You need to wak-hunt some mountains and mesas if you think it takes no skill. Also, 1/2 mile shot isn't as easy as it sounds.

Now, do you use a masking scent and a blind when you bow hunt? If so, it's deceit, not skill. Nope, I hunt in a 20ft lock on tree stand.

If a child can do it, it's easy enough.

sinton66
10-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Tree stand is same as a blind, Deceit, not skill.

3afan
10-28-2008, 07:03 AM
some of these guys on TV crack me up ---- they look for a deer, or whatever, kill it from 1/2 mile away using a cannon with a dam telescope on it, then high five and bump chests

sorry thats not sporting ... IMO

Ranger Mom
10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
HaHa, yea you are right. Maybe I should invest in a bow. What I hate is when people put out deer feeders and sit on them and call it hunting. Or go to these wild game ranches. That aint right. My brother pissed off his boss and his sidekicks cause he made fun of them for going hunting on a wild game ranch.

I agree 100%. It's not hunting, it's cheating!!

Pick6
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
c'mom, everyone knows that was photo shopped. That arrow is atleast 7 or 8 ft away. Why is that deer showing the hustle to jump that high?

Ranger Mom
10-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
c'mom, everyone knows that was photo shopped. That arrow is atleast 7 or 8 ft away. Why is that deer showing the hustle to jump that high?

LOL!! :D :D

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
c'mom, everyone knows that was photo shopped. That arrow is atleast 7 or 8 ft away. Why is that deer showing the hustle to jump that high? :fnypost:

and :( at the deer being shot or pierced :thinking: either way :(

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:fnypost:

and :( at the deer being shot or pierced :thinking: either way :( Pierced?

Lol.:p :D

lakers
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Awesome pic... Definitely what Cudde Back prides themselves on...(fast response time)

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Tree stand is same as a blind, Deceit, not skill. Yea, so I guess all the other stuff associated with bow hunting has no skill. What do you want me to do? Sit out in a pasture and hope one walks up to me?:rolleyes:

I guess shooting one from half a mile away with a telescope and rifle wouldn't be considered deceit though. :thinking:

You can sit and argue all you want, but it's not even close in level of difficulty between the two and you and I both know it.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Pierced?

Lol.:p :D

I guess it's still considered a "shot" with an arrow? It could be a piercing wound! :nerd: :D

Yall are just a bunch of meanies killing deers!

:tongue:

Pick6
10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Yea, so I guess all the other stuff associated with bow hunting has no skill. What do you want me to do? Sit out in a pasture and hope one walks up to me?:rolleyes:

I guess shooting one from half a mile away with a telescope and rifle wouldn't be considered deceit though. :thinking:

You can sit and argue all you want, but it's not even close in level of difficulty between the two and you and I both know it.

When my son was 13 he killed a deer with a bow from a blind. It doesn't take much when you let the deer track you.

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I guess it's still considered a "shot" with an arrow? It could be a piercing wound! :nerd: :D

Yall are just a bunch of meanies killing deers!

:tongue: There is no such thing as "deers."

It's like fish, multiple fish are still fish, not fishes.

Deer, not deers.

;) :p

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
When my son was 13 he killed a deer with a bow from a blind. It doesn't take much when you let the deer track you. Point exactly.... your kid was 13.

Took a lot of practice and time to get good enough with a bow to kill something.

You could teach a 7 y/o in 5 mins how to aim a gun and kill something at a 1/4 mile.

Gun hunting is sitting in a pasture or hill or right of way waiting for something to get within a 1/2 mile.... then blowing it into the next world.

The best part about bow hunting, is the time and effort it takes just to get a shot at an animal.... and then the trail.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
There is no such thing as "deers."

It's like fish, multiple fish are still fish, not fishes.

Deer, not deers.

;) :p

Noted.

What about the other thing Mr. Smarty Pants!

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Noted.

What about the other thing Mr. Smarty Pants! What? A piercing wound?

Lol.

I guess.

It's still a shot though.

"shooting" a bow..........;) :D

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
What? A piercing wound?

Lol.

I guess.

:thinking:

Why would you shoot a bow? :p That's kinda dumb.

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM

Why would you shoot a bow? :p That's kinda dumb. What else would you do?

Launch the arrow?

Propel the arrow?

What would you do with a bow besides shoot it?

:thinking: :D

Bullaholic
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM

Why would you shoot a bow? :p That's kinda dumb.

Maybe its like when we drive in a parkway and park in a driveway. :D

Here's another bow hunting term for you, P4S---You don't "load" your arrow--you "knock" it.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
What else would you do?

Launch the arrow?

Propel the arrow?

What would you do with a bow besides shoot it?

:thinking: :D

:doh: :doh:

What is your rank again?

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Maybe its like when we drive in a parkway and park in a driveway. :D

Here's another bow hunting term for you, P4S---You don't "load" your arrow--you "knock" it.

Just don't kill the DEER!!!

Unless you make really good sausage or jerky then FIRE away! ;)

Bullaholic
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Just don't kill the DEER!!!

Unless you make really good sausage or jerky then FIRE away! ;)

You just need to go deer hunting with Necks_Fan. After you kill your first deer I'll bet he'll smear your face with some of the blood and let you field dress it. :D

BTW--How do you make deer sausage without killing the deer first?

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 04:36 PM
:doh: :doh:

What is your rank again? 15.... Lol.

I'm lost.

:confused:

Pick6
10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Point exactly.... your kid was 13.

You missed the point. The point was anyone can trick a deer to come to it. Go out tracking for deer and make it more challanging.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You just need to go deer hunting with Necks_Fan. After you kill your first deer I'll bet he'll smear your face with some of the blood and let you field dress it. :D

BTW--How do you make deer sausage without killing the deer first?

Please read the UNLESS part of my post! :d

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
You missed the point. The point was anyone can trick a deer to come to it. Go out tracking for deer and make it more challanging. I hunt hogs on the ground.... not so much with deer.

DU_stud04
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
the way i hunt deer is i call them out, and we start a duel, man vs wild. it usually ends up with me snapping their neck and then i gloat about my victory.

the other way, for me atleast, is pointing at them and yelling bang, then they fall over dead instantly.

Trashman
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
What? A piercing wound?

Lol.

I guess.

Haven't hunted with a bow in years but.....isn't it called drawing and releasing rather than shooting?:confused:

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Haven't hunted with a bow in years but.....isn't it called drawing and releasing rather than shooting?:confused: You would "draw" the bow back, and you might use a "release" to "release" the arrow...... but if you combine the two, it would be shotting a bow.

When we go to practice, I say C'mon Gramps, let's go shoot our bows."

I DON'T say, "C'mon Gramps, lets go draw and release our bows."

Just doesn't sound right.:thinking:

nobogey72
10-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Do you think he was trying to block a punt?:rolleyes:

If you don't know what I'm talking about check out the thread on the sports forum called "Cool Picture".

jason
10-29-2008, 07:22 AM

the other way, for me atleast, is pointing at them and yelling bang, then they fall over dead instantly. ok chuck norris.....

Rabbit'93
10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm reading all these posts about gun or bow and I still don't understand all the hub bub...

What's challenging about feeding an animal in the same spot all year long, hiding in a camo'd hideout 20 ft in the air, then killing it when it comes to eat.

There's no sport in that. :rolleyes:

Pick6
10-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I'm reading all these posts about gun or bow and I still don't understand all the hub bub...

What's challenging about feeding an animal in the same spot all year long, hiding in a camo'd hideout 20 ft in the air, then killing it when it comes to eat.

There's no sport in that. :rolleyes:

100% correct :clap: :clap: :clap:

lakers
10-29-2008, 12:55 PM
the way i hunt deer is i call them out, and we start a duel, man vs wild. it usually ends up with me snapping their neck and then i gloat about my victory.

the other way, for me atleast, is pointing at them and yelling bang, then they fall over dead instantly.

Awesome, I wish I was a bada$$ like you. haha

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM

There's no sport in that. :rolleyes: Deer don;t come to corn in our neck of the woods. We hunt game trails and scrapes for deer.

We hog hunt the same way. I seldom use a feeder.

Rabbit'93
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Deer don;t come to corn in our neck of the woods. We hunt game trails and scrapes for deer.

We hog hunt the same way. I seldom use a feeder. Then I "get" that. That's hunting.

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Then I "get" that. That's hunting. Yep, Deer are too concened with acorns to mess with corn.

Hogs DO come to corn, but we have much better luck hunting their game trails.

When I hunt a feeder, it's for hogs.

slpybear the bullfan
10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
1st: of all, great pic. I know Cudde has a great response time. If you like good picks or are interested in Game cameras.... here is a great sight....
http://www.chasingame.com/

2nd: I appreciate what bow hunters do. But crack up when they look down on Gun hunters for being unfair.

If you think gun hunting is as simple as putting out a feeder, showing up on opening day and watching a 12 point come to eat, then magically shoot him... then you have a wonderland of Deer Hunting. Noting close like that in my neck of the woods.

We spend a lot of time feeding deer and putting out minerals and food sources for year round feeding... and then HOPE we get a chance at a nice sized buck each year. And we don't.

Kinda beats just taking a deer each year... it involves improving the forage of the deer and hopefully strengthening the local population while selectively taking deer to help manage them.

3rd: Hiding in a ground blind to shoot a deer is just as fair as watching a Bow hunter don all that camo, wash in special soaps, launder in special detergents and dryer sheets, then sneak out to the woods, spray on Doe Pee, Esterus, and freshen scrapes, then climb up a tree 20 ft in the air where deer do not instinctively look for predators and then take one.

4th: Any half mile shot deserves appreciation for the skill required. Anyone who thinks that is easy is welcome to prove it...

Sniper tells of long-shot success(1/2 mile shot in the chest)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk ^ | 4-06-03 | OXENinFLA

Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 10:05:41 AM by OXENinFLA

Sniper tells of long-shot success From Nick Parker with the Royal Marines in southern Iraq

A BRITISH sniper told yesterday how he killed an Iraqi gunman from more than half a mile. Corporal Matt Hughes, 28, a Royal Marines marksman, was ordered to “take out” an Iraqi holding back a vital advance during a fierce gale. He pulled off an incredible feat of marksmanship by gauging perfectly the wind speed to bend the bullet to its target. The 7.62 calibre round from his L96 sniper rifle curved 56ft in the air before striking its target in the chest, killing him instantly.

Next to him, another Royal Marines sniper killed a second Iraqi at exactly the same moment.

Corporal Hughes, of the Marines’ spearhead brigade patrol troop, said yesterday: “It was a bit like David Beckham taking a free kick. I knew I only had one shot and had to get the angle exactly right. It was hot and the wind was blowing strongly from left to right as we crept up to a vantage point about 860 metres from the target.

“I saw I had a clear shot at my man — he was in what he thought was a secure position, but his head and chest were exposed. He was still wearing his green Iraqi uniform and was holding the rifle he’d been using to shoot at Marines.

“My training then took over and I got myself quickly, but calmly, into the perfect sniping position. We follow a set pattern, placing parts of our bodies in the optimum position, starting with the left hand followed by the elbow, legs, right hand and cheek.”

His sniping partner fixed a separate sight on the target, then the pair calculated the bullet’s trajectory by studying the movement of heat haze and dust across the arid desert landscape.

“I was concentrating so hard that I didn’t have time to think about him as a person or the fact that I was about to kill him. He was just a distant shape magnified ten times in a telescopic lens. He was a target — the enemy.”

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Most Gun Hunters I know, will blow away anything ithing 400 yards of them. That's when I lost respect for them. Seems like an 8 point buck to this guy is something to complain about, because it wasn't a 10.

I am tickled out of my mind when I get a shot at a hog or doe, much less a big buck.

I understand and respect all hunters, bow hunters for that reason, but gun hunters because they are the ones fighting for it and keeping it legal.

There are many kinds of hunting, and most people who don't hnut, don't have the slightest clue what it involves.

I respect the opinion of a TRUE hunter like you slpy.

I realize that a 1/2 mile shot isn't easy, sorry for making it sound that way, it's just it seems a bit outrageous when I see someone hooping and hollering about how they killed this big ole buck from a 1/4 mile or whatever.

"Makes me wanna puke......."

-Mike Gundy-

:D :D :D

I had to do it.:)

slpybear the bullfan
10-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the compliment... but I defnitely want to return it in regards to Bow hunters. It is a skill that makes me very envious... one that I keep saying I will pick up... but just keep finding no time to start. Maybe next season!

I will add this... I am much more concerned about whether someone is being a responsible hunter in regards to game management vs. just shooting everything they see. There are waaay too few guys in my area that just want to stick or shoot something instead of working year round to improve the game on their place. I can respect a gun, bow, or blackpowder guy as long as he takes the right deer at the right time.

All this hot air aside... have you bloodied any arrows yet? :thinking:

Necks_Fan
10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
All this hot air aside... have you bloodied any arrows yet? :thinking: This season?---- No, I haven't gotten a shot at a pig or deer yet. (About 6 trips hunting)

I did get a shot at a bobcat last time though, the first one I have ever gotten a shot at. I shot about 2 inches iver his back at about 35 yards. (I gauged the distance wrong. I thought he was 40 yds.) My grandpa says that it's not very often we get shots at bobcats, so I wish I could have gotten that one.

In the past, I have done well. I have killed 2 deer and 5 hogs I think. (2 hogs were in one night) (I'm 17, this is my 3rd year of seriosu hunting.)

Just went out this afternoon and got in my stand, clipped some limbs, made sure everything was good to go, will probably hunt tomorrow.(In my backyard, we got 13 Acres)

We also have a lease, which is corn fed.:)

We rotate off where we hunt, between the two.

Trashman
10-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Check out this picture................:D

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/failredo-46.jpg

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Check out this picture................:D

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/failredo-46.jpg LOL. HAHAHAHA!:clap:

Trashman
10-31-2008, 05:42 PM
LOL. HAHAHAHA!:clap:

Don't you know that hurt!:D :thinking:

zebrablue2
11-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah, using guns is too easy. I prefer to run them down, jump on their back, grab them by the antlers, and slit their throats.:D

ROFL