PDA

View Full Version : Columbus at La Grange

CoffeeCup
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I think the Leps are going to be the third place team in district starting with a win over Columbus. Leps by 10.

allforball
10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Defense has been keeping the Leps in most games so I'm gonna go with the Leps. If offense can get back on track, watch out.

TRENCHES06
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
:rolleyes:

footballguru
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I think the offense has had off games this year but anytime you can put up 29 points against Giddings it is not the offense that needs to get on track it is the whole team. The defense needs to step it up as well. Way to many big plays allowed. Giddings converted several long 3rd downs by throwing the ball. The offense needs to take more shots down the field because it is obvious that we do not have the o-line to take the ball down the field and grind it out. I hope LG pulls it out, I will be traveling to Lubbock to watch my longhorns take on the Raiders and will miss the game.

48minutes
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
I think the offense has had off games this year but anytime you can put up 29 points against Giddings it is not the offense that needs to get on track it is the whole team. The defense needs to step it up as well. Way to many big plays allowed. Giddings converted several long 3rd downs by throwing the ball. The offense needs to take more shots down the field because it is obvious that we do not have the o-line to take the ball down the field and grind it out. I hope LG pulls it out, I will be traveling to Lubbock to watch my longhorns take on the Raiders and will miss the game.

Exactly how many times did giddings convert on long 3rd downs? not very many that I recall.

Good luck to the Leps, played tough last friday. Hope you guys can pull this one out and fight for a spot in the playoffs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by CoffeeCup
I think the Leps are going to be the third place team in district starting with a win over Columbus. Leps by 10.

The leps if they win out would be 2-3?

bona fide
10-27-2008, 11:39 PM
La Grange started off strong, but have really disappointed in district.

Columbus wins this one & with Sealy as the Leps last game, I fear the Leps will be 0'fer in district.

buff4ever
10-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I got LG in this one, and not b/c of why the columbus posters think. I feel that LG will win this game with good defense and enough offense, like 28 points.

BOCEPHUS
10-28-2008, 05:13 AM
COLOMBUS HEALTHY AND RUN'D THE ROCK
BIRDS BY 14, + LG 0-3 IN DISTRICT!!!! THEY CHANCES BE 'SLIM AND NONE'...........

trg
10-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm pulling for the Cardinals!

trojandad
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
i thought the loss last week knocked the leps out of the playoffs...are they still in the running?

bigcat8
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Columbus have any Waddell's left

Lombardi
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
do the leps still run the stacked I

CoffeeCup
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
If LG wins the next two and Bellville and Giddings win out LG and Sealy would both have 2-3 district records. LG would have the win over Sealy so LG would advance. Tuff way to make it out of district but it is a tuff district.

buff4ever
10-28-2008, 04:09 PM
now that would be funny. #7 ranked sealy to fall to forth in district

957tiger
10-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
now that would be funny. #7 ranked sealy to fall to forth in district

You must be one of those guys who complain about the food with your mouth full. Remember most polls are based on W-L records, returning players, opponents records from previous year and I am sure other factors play a part. All of the Tiger losses with the exception of the reigning TAPPS 2 time state champions St. Pius, are CURRENTLY (Navasota/Giddings) ranked higher than Sealy, as it should be. If Sealy were to beat Bellville and LaGrange or just one of the two will that have justified the pre-season ranking? When Sealy was a powerhouse with two championships in their pocket and was ranked 3rd in the pre-season polls now that was a slap in the face. Polls have a way of working themselves out during the course of a season. If blowing teams out is an indicator of a good team I will take true and steady any day. Good luck to your team the remainder of the year.

teetle
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Sealy is not fallin nowhere. The Cardinals will beat LG. They have 2 losses in a row. They are healthy. Watchout. Go Tigers

Pudlugger
10-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the Leps will pull out a victory here. I was encouraged by what I saw in their game against Giddings. They have got the offense going primarily by a timely change in their offensive set. They have added a tight end that can pick up the blitzing linebackers and that has given the qb more time to check off his receivers.

I noticed #4 Bunch was open most of the time against Giddings and #7 Henderson didn't look over to the left but rather threw into coverage several times on the right. As a lefty he may prefer the right side of the field but Bunch is such a good receiver and runner that he needs to get the ball to him. Hopefully after reviewing films this will be obvious and remedied Friday night.

The Lep defense needs to step it up a notch as they were inconsistent against the run and let the Buffs get several big plays, one coming on 3rd and 25 for an important conversion that lead to the winning td. Both Columbus and Sealy make their living on the run and the Leps can't give up so many long gainers. In short we will need more three and outs.

Leps 28
Columbus 22

trojandad
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
man, pud, if you guys have a lefty that prefers throwing to the right side of the field, he's got the hard part accomplished, usually the hard part is getting a lefty to even look to the right, much less prefer it.....is he an underclassman? are you guys gonna have him a year or two more to coach him to look to the easy side of the field for him to throw to? just curious...

TRENCHES06
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
The Leps have 2 QB's that have passed for over 1000 yards.

The lefty is a senior

The righty is a junior.

Bull's-eye
10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Leps will have to stop the run. Columbus will come right at you, nothing fancy, just some hard-nosed football. Be ready for a big dose of Bubak.

bk12
10-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Columbus will be just too much for the Leps.. Bubak runs hard behind the big oline and defense going to be way to physical big win for the cards

Pudlugger
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Maybe, maybe not.;)

Watcher
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Both teams come off very tough losses against quality opponents. Cards will definitely play till the end. Stop the pass and this game should go the Cards.