PDA

View Full Version : Playoff spot clinched

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
If your team has already clinched a playoff spot, or when it is known, please post it here, along with the district and any other pertinent info (D1 rep, seeding if known, etc).

8-3A:
Liberty Hill (clinched, TBD on DI/DII & seeding)

WOS87
10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
West Orange-Stark has definitely clinched a spot in 21-3A but DI, DII and playoff seeding has yet to be 100% confirmed.

Bull
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
5-3a: Bridgeport (Clinched playoff, Div II)
Burkburnett (Clinched playoff, Div I)
Decatur/ Vernon (Winner 3rd place Div II)

trojandad
10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
in district 22, cleveland and coldspring have clinched DII spots, this fridays game will determine who gets which spot.....

huffman has already beaten splendora and only have shepherd and tarkington remaining....splendora is the only team that could catch huffman if they do slip and splendora still has a game with cleveland remaining, so basically if cleveland beats splendora (highly likely this year) huffman would have to lose both games remaining to lose the DI spot, so i'd think they have that spot sewn up....

so huffman DI...

cleveland and coldspring DII...

44INAROW
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Cuero will be the Div I representative for District 28AAA

Yoakum, Edna and Goliad are all tied @ 2-1 so the 2nd and 3rd positions are yet to be determined.

***Edna and Goliad play each other this week (31st) so it's a pretty good bet that the winner of that game and Yoakum will be the Div II representatives....

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
7 3A .....China Spring has clinched a spot. Unknown which slot this week.

raider red 2000
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
district 26
sweeny and wharton are in.

brookshire royal and needville are looking for the 3rd spot.

they play the last week of the season.
if royal wins....they are in....and wharton is the big school.

if needville wins this week (Stafford) and against brookshire....then needville is big school.

wharton, sweeny, and royal are the 3 smallest teams in the district.

JR2004
10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
11-3A

We're (Madison) already assured of being in the top spot in the DII bracket. Barring losing one of the next two games (2-6 Lake Worth @ home and 1-7 Diamond Hill-Jarvis on the road at Handley field again for the second time this year.) we'll be the outright district champion.

offduty
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Bellville clinched 25 - 3A....they're D1 unless Sealy makes the playoffs

Navasota clinched D1 in 24 - 3A

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by offduty
Bellville clinched 25 - 3A....they're D1 unless Sealy makes the playoffs

Navasota clinched D1 in 24 - 3A

I don't think that Navasota has clinched yet.

catgut
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
10 3A

Div 1 big school will be North Lamar

Other two will be Paris and Van Alystene but still to be determined seeding

coach
10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Brownwood clinched...o wait i forgot 3 teams played a perfect game against them

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Seeing as Navasota has already beaten Cladwell and Rockdale i'm pretty sure they'll be in Hemotoxic. Even if we beat you guys you should be able to win the last one. On the other hand there are plenty of different situations for the other two spots in 24-3A.

95mustang
10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by coach

Sure is alot of Brownwood Haters around today! Oh well we are tough. We can take it. Our record might not indicate our potential, but those that have seen us play know the potential of these kids. It is funny though that no matter what the thread title is someone always brings up the Brownwood Lions. Wonder why that is? :thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Sure is alot of Brownwood Haters around today! Oh well we are tough. We can take it. Our record might not indicate our potential, but those that have seen us play know the potential of these kids. It is funny though that no matter what the thread title is someone always brings up the Brownwood Lions. Wonder why that is? :thinking:

Smell That?????

YEP

FEAR

Trashman
10-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Why would anyone be afraid of this...............

http://www.vincekeenan.com/uploaded_images/harrington-725920.jpg

OL_DAWG
10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Bull
5-3a: Bridgeport (Clinched playoff, Div II)
Burkburnett (Clinched playoff, Div I)
Decatur/ Vernon (Winner 3rd place Div II)

Burkburnett has not clinched yet. We have to beat Iowa Park or Hirschi before we can say that we are in.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by OL_DAWG
Burkburnett has not clinched yet. We have to beat Iowa Park or Hirschi before we can say that we are in.
Thanks for the info! I'll leave you up on the other thread unless something changes. Call it karma... ;)

GrTigers6
10-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Glen Rose is in in 7-3A depending on outcome of cs and gr tonight will determine which seed in D-2

nobogey72
10-31-2008, 04:19 PM

"Wonder why that is?" answer: ROCKET

BTW--Haters is not the right word at least for me. "Fun to jack with" is more appropriate.:D

coach
10-31-2008, 11:50 PM
westwood and crocket clinched for district 20-3a

coach
10-31-2008, 11:51 PM

;) ;) ;)

bandera7
10-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Bandera officially clenched tonight. No craziness could keep us out anymore. And we are definitely D-I.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Sinton is in the playoffs again!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Officially, Navasota is the D1 rep from D24 3A.

garciap77
11-01-2008, 12:40 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Offically China Spring DI Rep and District Champion 7 3 A.

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Sealy will be the DI team in D25-3A. Bellville & Giddings will both go DII. All 3 teams are tied for first at 3-1.

Johnny 5
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Rio Hondo will be Div 2 (w) rep for 32-3A

kepdawg
11-01-2008, 02:33 AM
North Lamar is not in yet

They probably will be

But they aren't yet

Twirling Time
11-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
North Lamar is not in yet

They probably will be

But they aren't yet

If they lose to Commerce, it throws it into points betwen NL, Bonham and Commerce. Then if NL misses, that makes Paris big school and Bonham or Commerce gets a dose of Celina.

Twirling Time
11-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Oh, also, the 9-3A picture became clearer last night.

Division I = Prosper

Div. II #1 = Argyle-Celina winner

Div. II #2 = Argyle-Celina loser

Sanger, Whitesboro and Gainesville are all eliminated.

bp80884
11-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Glen Rose is in in 7-3A depending on outcome of cs and gr tonight will determine which seed in D-2

China Spring will be the D1 rep for 7-3a. Since Gatesville lost to West, West has the inside track to the 3rd playoff spot. Since Gatesville was the biggest school in the play off race, that will put China Spring in D1.

There is an outside chance that this might change. All that has to happen is for Gatesvill to beat China Spring next week. So you be the judge if you think that will happen.

Go Cougars

navscanmaster
11-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Officially, Navasota is the D1 rep from D24 3A.
Division 1 rep, and clinched the district championship.:clap: :clap:

As it has been posted many times already:

For Cameron to get in: Beat Caldwell, or do not lose to them by more than 13 points.
For Caldwell to get in: Beat Cameron
For Rockdale to get in: Beat Taylor, Cameron must lose by 14 points.

Head to Head so far:
Cameron 41 Rockdale 28
Rockdale 28 Caldwell 14

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Can someone verify the D20 race? The way I see it, regardless of week 10 results:

DI - Athens
DII (w) - Westwood
DII (r) - Crockett

Is this correct?

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM
I am pretty sure that District 3-3A was determined last night

Monahans (4-0) Division 1
Seminole (3-1) Division 2 - No. 1 seed
Greenwood (3-1) Division 2 - No. 2 seed

Monahans plays Greenwood next week.

Seminole plays Lamesa.

Seminole should win, and if I am thinking correctly, if Greenwood should win against Monahans, it won't make any difference in the seeding. Seminole beat Greenwood earlier, so they would be the #1 seed with Greenwood #2, if Greenwood loses against Monahans, they are still the #2 seed.

Brownfield is 1-3
Andrews is 1-3
Lamesa is 0-4

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Seminole plays Lamesa.

Seminole should win, and if I am thinking correctly, if Greenwood should win against Monahans, it won't make any difference in the seeding. Seminole beat Greenwood earlier, so they would be the #1 seed with Greenwood #2, if Greenwood loses against Monahans, they are still the #2 seed.

Brownfield is 1-3
Andrews is 1-3
Lamesa is 0-4

Scratch that!!

Looking at the enrollments, it looks like Seminole is the bigger school.

So.....the Monahans/Greenwood game DOES have implications after all!!
:thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Sweetwater is 2-3A Div. II (W)

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Another question: Is there any scenario that would prevent Tatum from being the DII (r) rep?

gobbler grad
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
28-3A

Cuero Div.1

Yoakum/Goliad play for 2nd & 3rd.

I would say Yoakum gets 2nd and Goliad will be runner-up

We will see next Friday

Who-dun-it!!?
11-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Ya know Bwood started this season in a lose-lose situation. If they were undefeated or even had just 1 or 2 losses right now, Everybody would be bashing them for having to drop to 3A to compete. We all really know the potential of Brownwood. They have played a really tuff schedule, and had some close losses. I think they are as good as anybody, and deserve a little respect.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Ya know Bwood started this season in a lose-lose situation. If they were undefeated or even had just 1 or 2 losses right now, Everybody would be bashing them for having to drop to 3A to compete. We all really know the potential of Brownwood. They have played a really tuff schedule, and had some close losses. I think they are as good as anybody, and deserve a little respect.
I agree! :clap:

bp80884
11-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Seminole plays Lamesa.

Brownfield is 1-3
Andrews is 1-3
Lamesa is 0-4

Seminole is D1, I think!!!

bp80884
11-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I have just completed a pretty extensive D1 bracket since my Cougars are heading that way. Happy to share for anyone who wants it. Just send me a message.

It has those that have clinched and projected D1 participants.

Stangster
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM

Is that your way of buiding them up in case y'all lose next week?

Just asking.

jimmyceatworld
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Can someone verify the D20 race? The way I see it, regardless of week 10 results:

DI - Athens
DII (w) - Westwood
DII (r) - Crockett

Is this correct?

Not exactly. That's how it will be if Athens wins next week. If Brownsboro wins then they will both be 2-3 with the Bears winning the head to head match up so they'll adance in DI. WW and Crockett are already locked into their spots though.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Not exactly. That's how it will be if Athens wins next week. If Brownsboro wins then they will both be 2-3 with the Bears winning the head to head match up so they'll adance in DI. WW and Crockett are already locked into their spots though.
Thanks! :thumbsup: I'll leave DI open until after the game.

Buckeye80
11-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Another question: Is there any scenario that would prevent Tatum from being the DII (r) rep?

Tatum (2-2), Bullard (1-3), and Gladewater (2-2) are all still technically alive.

Next week:

Gilmer (4-0) at Tatum (2-2)
Spring Hill (0-4) at Bullard (1-3)
Chapel Hill (3-1) at Gladewater (2-2)

Head to head, Tatum beat Gladewater. Gladewater beat Bullard. And Bullard beat Tatum. All should finish with a (2-3) record in district, so this is a great big mess. Time for UIL math class.:D

Ranger Mom
11-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
Seminole is D1, I think!!!

They are....I had made a post right under the original one nullifying everything I had just posted.

I was shocked to see how much smaller Monahans was from when they initially dropped to 3A.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I have updated all places that I could see that appear to be set in stone, regardless of Week 10 games. Please let me know if I've missed any or have any inaccuracies.

thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=88530)

AggiesAreWe
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
District 21-3A

Div. 1 Silsbee

Div. 2 WOS
Div. 2 Hardin-Jefferson

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
District 21-3A

Div. 1 Silsbee

Div. 2 WOS
Div. 2 Hardin-Jefferson
:thumbsup:

Buckeye1980
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
17-AAA
Gilmer has clinched
If Chapel Hill beats Gladewater , CH wil be D-1 and Gilmer D-2
And Gladwater , Bullard and Tatum could be tied if Tatum and Bullard win. If only G'water and Bullard are tied, G'water will go based on head to head. If only G'water and Tatum are tied than Tatum will advance based on head to head

If G'water , Tatum and Bullard are all tied (if G'water loses to CH, Tatum loses to Gilmer, and Bullard beats Sprng Hill) which I feel is most likely.....not sure of tiebraker

Dogman_1969
11-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Division 1 rep, and clinched the district championship.:clap: :clap:

As it has been posted many times already:

For Cameron to get in: Beat Caldwell, or do not lose to them by more than 13 points.
For Caldwell to get in: Beat Cameron
For Rockdale to get in: Beat Taylor, Cameron must lose by 14 points.

Head to Head so far:
Cameron 41 Rockdale 28
Rockdale 28 Caldwell 14

Correction on this...

Rockdale win over Taylor and yhey are in.

Caldwell and Cameron game decides which one of them makes it. Caldwell must win by 13.......

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
17-AAA
Gilmer has clinched
If Chapel Hill beats Gladewater , CH wil be D-1 and Gilmer D-2
And Gladwater , Bullard and Tatum could be tied if Tatum and Bullard win. If only G'water and Bullard are tied, G'water will go based on head to head. If only G'water and Tatum are tied than Tatum will advance based on head to head

If G'water , Tatum and Bullard are all tied (if G'water loses to CH, Tatum loses to Gilmer, and Bullard beats Sprng Hill) which I feel is most likely.....not sure of tiebraker
Is there a scenario that CH isn't DI?

Bull
11-03-2008, 07:06 AM
5-3a is set:

DI - Burkburnett
DII (W) - Bridgeport (District Champ)
DII (R) -Vernon

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
District 2 sets up like this:

Wylie D1
Sweetwater D2 (will be the #1 D2 seed from the district)

Spot three will be either Graham, Snyder, or Brownwood. Whoever it is will be the #2 D2 seed)

waterboy
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Is there a scenario that CH isn't DI?
No. Chapel Hill will be D1 if they make the playoffs, regardless of seating. If I'm not mistaken, Chapel Hill is already in, even if they lose to Gladewater, by virtue of their wins over everyone else in the district except Gilmer. If Gladewater wins, they are in. I could be wrong but, this is the way it looks:

Gilmer - D2 (8-1, 4-0; district 17AAA champion)
Chapel Hill - D1 (7-1, 3-1; seeding to be decided)
Gladewater- D2 (6-3, 2-2; should be the 3rd rep. even if they lose to Chapel Hill by virtue of their win over Bullard)

The only way Tatum gets in is if they beat Gilmer, HIGHLY unlikely, and Bullard must lose to Spring Hill, again HIGHLY unlikely.
This week's games:
Gilmer @ Tatum
Chapel Hill @ Gladewater (I think Gladewater has a chance in this one)
Bullard @ Spring Hill

There! Does that make the playoff picture clearer that mud?:D

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
No. Chapel Hill will be D1 if they make the playoffs, regardless of seating. If I'm not mistaken, Chapel Hill is already in, even if they lose to Gladewater, by virtue of their wins over everyone else in the district except Gilmer. If Gladewater wins, they are in. I could be wrong but, this is the way it looks:

Gladewater- D2 (6-3, 2-2; should be the 3rd rep. even if they lose to Chapel Hill by virtue of their win over Bullard)

The only way Tatum gets in is if they beat Gilmer, HIGHLY unlikely, and Bullard must lose to Spring Hill, again HIGHLY unlikely.
This week's games:
Gilmer @ Tatum
Bullard @ Spring Hill

There! Does that make the playoff picture clearer that mud?:D
Yes! :D (CH wouldn't need to wait on seeding because of size.)

44INAROW
11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes! :D (CH wouldn't need to wait on seeding because of size.)

***Hijack alert*****

oh so in this case, size doesn't matter :D :D

lostaussie
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
***Hijack alert*****

oh so in this case, size doesn't matter :D :D :doh::doh:

Buckeye1980
11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by waterboy
[B]No. Chapel Hill will be D1 if they make the playoffs, regardless of seating. If I'm not mistaken, Chapel Hill is already in, even if they lose to Gladewater, by virtue of their wins over everyone else in the district except Gilmer. If Gladewater wins, they are in. I could be wrong but, this is the way it looks:

This week's games:
Gilmer @ Tatum
Bullard @ Spring Hill

I may be wrong to waterboy but what if this happens ( an I do not feel like it will, but it is a possibilty)

Tatum beats Gilmer
Gladewater beats Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill , Tatum. Gladewater will all be 3-2 and only 2 of the three will make playoffs...... I am not sure of tiebreaker.....so I am not sure if CH is in or not

and

Gilmer beats Tatum
CH beats G'water
Bullard beats SH

That leaves Tatum, G'Water and Bullard tied at 2-3 and only one will go.....

All this makes me really happy GILMER is in but there is slight possibility ( I think ) that they maybe be Division 1

waterboy
11-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I never thought about that scenario for obvious reasons, but I think if Gladewater wins they are in. I don't see any way possible for Chapel Hill to NOT be in because of the tie-breakers the district agreed upon going into the season. Chapel Hill is in because, even if they lose, they will have beaten Tatum and Bullard. If Gladewater loses, then it will go to a tie-breaker in which Gladewater has the advantage. It would take a huge loss by Gladewater, a huge win by Bullard, and a Gilmer win over Tatum for Bullard to get in. For Tatum to get in, they would have to beat Gilmer, Gladewater would have to lose, and Bullard would have to lose. The only one that is mathematically eliminated is Spring Hill. Take my word for it, Gilmer AND Chapel Hill are in, which means Chapel Hill goes D1 and Gilmer goes D2. As a matter of fact, there's a rumor going around that Gilmer and Diboll have already scheduled their playoff matchup for Friday, November 14, 7:30 PM in Carthage. Don't know whether it's true or not, but.....

Buckeye1980
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I never thought about that scenario for obvious reasons, but I think if Gladewater wins they are in. I don't see any way possible for Chapel Hill to NOT be in because of the tie-breakers the district agreed upon going into the season. Chapel Hill is in because, even if they lose, they will have beaten Tatum and Bullard.

If Chapel Hill loses they could be tied with Tatum and Gladewater, Bullard would ne involved...... The key here would be Tatum beating Gilmer ,which I also believe will not happen, but I did not believe Tech would beat UT either

waterboy
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I knew there was the possibility that Tech would beat Texas. That's not that big of an upset IMO. They were playing in Lubbock, and Texas didn't play very well against OK State. Playing 4 top ten teams in a row, I felt like there was that chance, even though I was hoping Texas would win.

Now as far as 17AAA, if Chapel Hill does lose to Gladewater, the Bears go in as the #2 seed in D2 (and overall), and the Bulldogs go in as the D1 rep by virtue of having beaten Tatum and Bullard. That's how the tie-breaker works. I don't see any way that Chapel Hill is NOT in.

ssgmp5150
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
District 13-3A

DI-Lucas Lovejoy Leopards (2nd place)
DII-Farmersville Fightin' Farmers (District Champs)
DII-Community Braves/Quinlan Ford Panthers decided last game of season (3rd place)

fury900
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull
5-3a is set:

DI - Burkburnett
DII (W) - Bridgeport (District Champ)
DII (R) -Vernon

5-3a is not set

decatur Vs. Bridgeport & if Decatur win

Burkburnett Vs. wf Hirschi & Burkburnett win

D2(W) Bridgeport 4-1 District Co. Champ

D1 Burkburnett 4-1 District Co. Champ

Vernon Vs. Iowa Park if Vernon win

Vernon 3-2
Decatur 3-2
or
Iowa Park 2-3 if a win over Vernon
Vernon 2-3
Decatur 2-3 lost Bridgeport

lol

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by fury900
5-3a is not set

decatur Vs. Bridgeport & if Decatur win

Burkburnett Vs. wf Hirschi & Burkburnett win

D2(W) Bridgeport 4-1 District Co. Champ

D1 Burkburnett 4-1 District Co. Champ

Vernon Vs. Iowa Park if Vernon win

Vernon 3-2
Decatur 3-2
or
Iowa Park 2-3 if a win over Vernon
Vernon 2-3
Decatur 2-3 lost Bridgeport

lol
So is there any possibility of Burk NOT being the D1 rep?

BullsFan
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Several things would have to happen, including Burk getting beaten by Hirshi.

So no.

(Sorry, Hirshi fans, but I just don't think you guys can do it this year.)

wtfootball
11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Seminole is the higher enrollment and should go DI.
Monahans and Greenwood go DII, if I am not mistaken.
The game has huge implications regardless as it is for the district title.

fury900
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM

1.Burkburnett (936)
2.Decatur (855)
3.Wichita Falls Hirschi (764)
4.Bridgeport (661)
5.Vernon (603)
6.Iowa Park (600)

jockcity33
11-05-2008, 04:40 PM
4-3A
D1 = Fort Stockton
D2 = Pecos and Clint with the winner this week being the higher seed.

garciap77
11-06-2008, 07:43 AM

:iagree:

j_dog
11-08-2008, 12:05 AM
In 18-3a it is:

Div I
Jasper playing Chapel Hill

Div II
Carthage
Diboll playing Gilmer

BullsFan
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
5-3A is now finalized:

Burkburnett goes DI

Bridgeport is the outright winner of the district and takes top spot in DII.

Vernon will be the second spot in DII.

eagles26
11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
9-3A is now Configured:

D-I: Prosper 9-1 (Outright District Champs)

D-II W: Celina 7-3 (4-1 District Record)
D-II R: Argyle 6-4 (3-2 District Record)