PDA

View Full Version : East Texas Football

coach
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Is there any good games this week around nacogdoches? I wanna watch some football and not very familiar with the teams over in this area. Which game would you recommend me going to?

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
No... all the real games are in West Texas..

waterboy
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Travel to Carthage to see the Diboll Lumberjacks take on the Carthage Bulldogs. Should be plenty of offense in that one, and it'll be for the district title. Both teams are pretty salty so it should be a good game. That looks like the best 3A matchup in those parts, probably about a 40 minute trip up Hwy 59 North.

waterboy
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are! How long has it been since a West Texas team has beaten an East Texas team? Just curious.:D

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Travel to Carthage to see the Diboll Lumberjacks take on the Carthage Bulldogs. Should be plenty of offense in that one, and it'll be for the district title. Both teams are pretty salty so it should be a good game. That looks like the best 3A matchup in those parts, probably about a 40 minute trip up Hwy 59 North.

or go to Mt Enteprise and take 315 and dodge the small town cops on 59

coach
10-27-2008, 03:49 PM

id rather watch teams that win when they are suppose to win...unlike bwood

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are! How long has it been since a West Texas team has beaten an East Texas team? Just curious.:D

I would guess none have been played since the playoffs last year so if this is a test... I would choose (A) Last year

JR2004
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I think we need the Gilmer-Snyder scoreboard picture from 2004 in this thread.

mistanice
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
Is there any good games this week around nacogdoches? I wanna watch some football and not very familiar with the teams over in this area. Which game would you recommend me going to?

Drive 40 mins south to Diboll. This game should be one of the better matchups in the area.

waterboy
10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
or go to Mt Enteprise and take 315 and dodge the small town cops on 59
It's not much further that way, either. I would recommend going that direction, too. Take Hwy 259 North to Mt. Enterprise and turn right on TX Hwy 315. It'll lead ya right into Carthage. Turn left on the Loop to get to the stadium.

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Travel to Carthage to see the Diboll Lumberjacks take on the Carthage Bulldogs. Should be plenty of offense in that one, and it'll be for the district title. Both teams are pretty salty so it should be a good game. That looks like the best 3A matchup in those parts, probably about a 40 minute trip up Hwy 59 North. :thumbsup: good call

coach if you go let me know so you can send me text updates! :)

waterboy
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Drive 40 mins south to Diboll. This game should be one of the better matchups in the area.
It's in Diboll? Hmmm, I thought they played there last year. If it's in Diboll, go about 40 minutes south on 259.

waterboy
10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I would guess none have been played since the playoffs last year so if this is a test... I would choose (A) Last year
Musta missed that one..........which game was that? The only West Texas vs. East Texas last year in 3A was Gilmer/Abilene Wylie that I'm aware of. That was a GOOD game! Gilmer won on its final drive with under a minute left.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Musta missed that one..........which game was that? The only West Texas vs. East Texas last year in 3A was Gilmer/Abilene Wylie that I'm aware of. That was a GOOD game! Gilmer won on its final drive with under a minute left.

I dont know, I was just mouthing off...

We were sitting home if november and december last year so I was following Early and Richland Springs..

Those 6 man games were fun to watch!

Hope I did not tick you off, I just saw an oppertunity to be a smarty pants and took it.

mistanice
10-27-2008, 04:40 PM
It's in Diboll? Hmmm, I thought they played there last year. If it's in Diboll, go about 40 minutes south on 259.

Yeah it's in Diboll again, with the realignment Diboll lucked out and got Carthage at home again.

coach
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thumbsup: good call

coach if you go let me know so you can send me text updates! :)

i probably wnt go. the only way i will go is if my roommate goes with me and i dont know if he will go or not

TigerFan51
10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
If Lufkin is playing at home, they usually have awesome games and Lufkin is just down the road from Nacogdoches, and not as far as Diboll. Of course, it is 5a. Abe Martin Stadium is something to see with their jumobtron.

Just a thought...

3afan
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Lufkin is @ The Woodlands

TigerFan51
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Lufkin is @ The Woodlands

Then NVM...

Lombardi
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
east texas is different

Stownhorse
10-28-2008, 01:47 PM

Seriously, it seems like East Texas is kinda dry this year.

Stownhorse
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM

I dont remember, but I do remember all the Gilmer fans wetting their pants when Wylie was driving in the 4th last year.