PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A but big news --- Yates' 31 year playoff appearance streak ends

WOS87
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
With Yates losing to Sharpstown this past weekend they are now 0-4 in district play (1-5 for the season). Even if they win their two final games against Waltrip and Reagan the best they could hope for would be a tie for 4th place in 21-4A with Austin (who beat them 7-6 earlier this season)

That should move Corpus Christi Callallen to the top of the list in terms of consecutive playoff appearances statewide as they are a shoe-in to qualify for their 24th consecutive appearance this year dating back to 1985.

NastySlot
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
With Yates losing to Sharpstown this past weekend they are now 0-4 in district play (1-5 for the season). Even if they win their two final games against Waltrip and Reagan the best they could hope for would be a tie for 4th place in 21-4A with Austin (who beat them 7-6 earlier this season)

That should move Corpus Christi Callallen to the top of the list in terms of consecutive playoff appearances statewide as they are a shoe-in to qualify for their 24th consecutive appearance this year dating back to 1985.

wow....there actually could have been...a grandfather, son(dad) and grandson that all played at yates during sometime in that streak....incredible.

SWMustang
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
wow....there actually could have been...a grandfather, son(dad) and grandson that all played at yates during sometime in that streak....incredible.

at Yates? There could have been a great grandson and great great grandson.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
at Yates? There could have been a great grandson and great great grandson. :1omg!: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :fnypost:

NastySlot
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
at Yates? There could have been a great grandson and great great grandson.

yeah i know what you mean...but i wasn't going to say it.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 01:37 PM
ACTUALLY..... Yates made the playoffs.

ATLEAST that's what I was told, and that's what I read.

yoe64
11-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Yates did make it in. Not sure if they won or not, but they were playing Houston Jones.

WOS87
11-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah... I didn't take into account the possibility of them ending up in a 3-way tie for 4th place in their district, which is exactly what happened, and they won the tiebreaker.

They actually DID beat Jones last night 27-6 and play El Campo next week in the Area round.

So the streak continues at 32 years straight dating back to 1977.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Yeah... I didn't take into account the possibility of them ending up in a 3-way tie for 4th place in their district, which is exactly what happened, and they won the tiebreaker.

They actually DID beat Jones last night 27-6 and play El Campo next week in the Area round.

So the streak continues at 32 years straight dating back to 1977. Yep.

That's really something to make it THAT long.