PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers vs Apaches

GreenMachine
10-27-2008, 01:10 PM
How bad does Cuero win this one and why is Gonzales so bad this year?

44INAROW
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine

Not sure what's going on in the land of Apache this year... :confused: Afraid it's going to be a long night for the orange and black Friday night. Of course, anything can happen so it's not a done deal, but I am expecting a high scoring game.

underware
10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I was at the Gonzales/Yoakum game. Gonzales looked horrible. I have never seen the Apache's play this bad. I guess it's an off year for them. They had some great fan support. They did have a big crowd. I shouldn't say but I don't think they'll win a district game?

Lombardi
10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
a rivalry game

fourbeee
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
If Cuero doesn't want to score 100 points, they may have to start taking a knee by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. This could get real ugly early. This might be a good time to rest the starters and get ready to play Somerset in 3 weeks, which will be another blow out by the gobblers. The problem with Cuero's schedule is they don't have much competition in district and will not see any until they play Bellville or Sealy in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Cuero A whole bunch
Gonzo 0

JT44
10-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine

Gonzales lost a lot of senior leaders, no one has assumed responsibility

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by underware
I was at the Gonzales/Yoakum game. Gonzales looked horrible. I have never seen the Apache's play this bad. I guess it's an off year for them. They had some great fan support. They did have a big crowd. I shouldn't say but I don't think they'll win a district game? Been there, done that and it sucks! Hope they can turn things around, but it won't help 'em Friday night.

Cuero 56
Gonzales 0

KingRob
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
It sounded as though Gonzo was playing harder before they forfeited that game to Edna. I don't think they were able to shake that off. Losing that hard fought game took the wind out of them.

IMO anyway.

Cuero should run away with it...

Survey says:

Cuero - 55
Gonzales - 7

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GreenMachine
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Gonzales lost a lot of senior leaders, no one has assumed responsibility That may be some of it, but it can't be all of it. Wonder what else is going on :thinking:

sinfan75
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Cuero 62-0. I figure the kickers leg will get tired on the last td.:D

ferilhog11
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
59-0. Cuero will miss a few more kicks than one I think. Still going to literally run away with this one though I'm guessing.

piratebg
10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Cuero 69-0. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Old Green
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
It's a rivalry game. Strange things happen when you play your rivals. Gonzales leads the series 34-35-1:)

ferilhog11
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It's a rivalry game. Strange things happen when you play your rivals. Gonzales leads the series 34-35-1:)

just curious. how do you lead a series when your 34-35-1? is it supposed to be 35-34-1.

Old Green
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11
just curious. how do you lead a series when your 34-35-1? is it supposed to be 35-34-1. Ok! My typo. Gonzales 35-34-1:thumbsup: ;)

sinton66
10-27-2008, 08:36 PM
It'll even out friday.:D

Old Green
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
It'll even out friday.:D Yeppers:2thumbsup

crabman
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Let's see if Trent Jackson can keep up his 20 yard per carry average.

I am trying to get a highlight video of his season so far. If I do I will post it.

With all of the scouts showing up to watch Tyler Arndt, Trent should be seen by a lot of college guys. Too bad they have to wait three more years.

Gontex
10-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Hard to say what is happening. I know the forfeit took the wind out of their sails, but Meredith and Burton didn't see the field Friday night against Yoakum. They were both out with injuries. When Meredith is out, there is your qb and your punter. With Burton out, defense can concentrate on stopping the run. That said, Gonzales has laid the ball on the ground 18 times in the past two weeks. That is something like 15-20% of the plays they have run. When that many of your plays start out with the ball on the ground, you are going to have difficulty maintaining any kind of consistency on offense. It's time for seniors to step up and take ownership of the team. That said, I don't see it happening this week against the Gobblers. Gobblers win it by whatever score they want and even the series at 35-35-1.

popcorn screen
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
tomahawk that turkey

R4Editor
10-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Hard to say what is happening. I know the forfeit took the wind out of their sails, but Meredith and Burton didn't see the field Friday night against Yoakum. They were both out with injuries. When Meredith is out, there is your qb and your punter. With Burton out, defense can concentrate on stopping the run. That said, Gonzales has laid the ball on the ground 18 times in the past two weeks. That is something like 15-20% of the plays they have run. When that many of your plays start out with the ball on the ground, you are going to have difficulty maintaining any kind of consistency on offense. It's time for seniors to step up and take ownership of the team. That said, I don't see it happening this week against the Gobblers. Gobblers win it by whatever score they want and even the series at 35-35-1. tough break(s) for the Apaches.

Cuero by a landslide.

underware
10-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I tend not to totally believe that. That was one game against Yoakum that they were out? Then why are they 2-6 (0-3) for the season.

Hard to say what is happening. I know the forfeit took the wind out of their sails, but Meredith and Burton didn't see the field Friday night against Yoakum. They were both out with injuries. When Meredith is out, there is your qb and your punter. With Burton out, defense can concentrate on stopping the run. That said, Gonzales has laid the ball on the ground 18 times in the past two weeks. That is something like 15-20% of the plays they have run. When that many of your plays start out with the ball on the ground, you are going to have difficulty maintaining any kind of consistency on offense. It's time for seniors to step up and take ownership of the team. That said, I don't see it happening this week against the Gobblers. Gobblers win it by whatever score they want and even the series at 35-35-1.

Lombardi
10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Burton is very good.. Is the center new or a returning starter? The Srs have 2 tries to make it right

bigcat8
10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
How big is that freshman RB??

Lombardi
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
he must be fast

Boomer
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by four
If Cuero doesn't want to score 100 points, they may have to start taking a knee by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. This could get real ugly early. This might be a good time to rest the starters and get ready to play Somerset in 3 weeks, which will be another blow out by the gobblers. The problem with Cuero's schedule is they don't have much competition in district and will not see any until they play Bellville or Sealy in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Cuero A whole bunch
Gonzo 0

Resting the starters will not help the Gobblers. Starters on defense, yeah, but the offense needs to be on the field a little more so Tyler and co. can work on some things. Gobblers defense have been stopping everyone in district and the offense have had a lot of one play drives, which is good, but in the playoffs, it will be a little harder to do that. I would like to see the other play makers on offense out there with Tyler to work with. You never know, you might need them in the playoffs.

crabman
10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Jackson is probably 5'-8" and 160 lbs. Not very big at all. Nifty moves though. I have yet to see anyone get a lick on him. He has that "it" factor. Truly unbelievable to see his progression in the last five games.

headhunter
10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Boomer I could not agree more with you on the distribution of the football to other play-makers, Where in the heck is Boothe? Why do they not throw to him? My theory is if you use everyone during the regular season then when defensive coordinators try to gear up and stop Cuero in the playoffs they don't know who to put their best cornerback on or what play they should be ready for. By using all the receivers you make Armstrong that much better. And I am not so sure he is the best receiver Cuero has, he has to learn how to tuck the ball in traffic and learn when to go down. When he is corralled he just needs to take the yards and get down. The odds of breaking 3 or 4 tackles when in traffic is not that good, so just get down. Jackson is very good at knowing when to get down. He knows how to fall and he knows when to keep going. That is the life of a running back. Emmitt Smith always said that running backs that know how to fall will have longer careers. Oh and the kid is very good, as long as he stays humble and keeps working hard he might be the best back to come out of Cuero.

With that said, its hard to get your players in "game shape" when you don't play your starters but two quarters. I hope they wear the heck out of them at practice because going D1 Cuero will face teams with a lot of depth and they will probably run two fresh units. I have been impressed that Cuero has not played down nor have they played even close to any teams level. They have played at their level and with some intensity early on. I still think Cuero's defense will be the reason for their success in the playoffs. We all know the Gobblers offense is great. If they don't turn the ball over they are tough to beat. The Defense is the question mark, they have to force turnovers, they have to get some big hits, they must keep the momentum on their side and they must play with some intensity. Intensity is the key word, they need to fly to the football and be a headhunter. The last two teams to have a rock solid defense in Cuero went to state. Think about the teams of 1998 and 2004. Those boys played lights out.

It is kind of hard to know if the competition is that bad or Cuero is that good right know. I will say I think Cuero is very good because Goliad played LaGrange very close in the regular season and I understand LaGrange is not the best in there district but they have played teams close. So, Yes I do think the only thing that can stop the Gobblers is the Gobblers. They just have to keep getting better each week, and keep the intensity up on defense, I would like to see some big hitting and some big time plays.

44INAROW
10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
this is kinda "off the wall" and not related to the actual subject of this particular thread but something I've been thinking about for several weeks. In my opinion (which probably doesn't mean squat but what the heck) the Gobbler's loss to La Vernia and the timing of the loss might have been just what the doctor ordered. I never like to see the Gobblers lose, but sometimes 1 tough, well-timed loss is a heck of alot more beneficial than several 55-7 butt whipping wins..........

GO MEAN GREEN - BEAT THE APACHES;)

JT44
10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
Boomer I could not agree more with you on the distribution of the football to other play-makers, Where in the heck is Boothe? Why do they not throw to him? My theory is if you use everyone during the regular season then when defensive coordinators try to gear up and stop Cuero in the playoffs they don't know who to put their best cornerback on or what play they should be ready for. By using all the receivers you make Armstrong that much better.

Different year, different players, but the same story. just hope this year it doesn't come back to bite them like the last 3 years.

Lombardi
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Is the game in Cuero or on the reservation???

44INAROW
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Lombardi
Is the game in Cuero or on the reservation???

In the land of the Gobblers :)

GreenMachine
10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this is kinda "off the wall" and not related to the actual subject of this particular thread but something I've been thinking about for several weeks. In my opinion (which probably doesn't mean squat but what the heck) the Gobbler's loss to La Vernia and the timing of the loss might have been just what the doctor ordered. I never like to see the Gobblers lose, but sometimes 1 tough, well-timed loss is a heck of alot more beneficial than several 55-7 butt whipping wins..........

GO MEAN GREEN - BEAT THE APACHES;) I can't agree more. I said that when it happened. It seems as if you work harder after a well fought loss than any blowouts.

Boomer
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM

GO MEAN GREEN - BEAT THE APACHES;)

You are very right about that. It was an eye opener.

Boomer
10-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Boomer I could not agree more with you on the distribution of the football to other play-makers, Where in the heck is Boothe? Why do they not throw to him? My theory is if you use everyone during the regular season then when defensive coordinators try to gear up and stop Cuero in the playoffs they don't know who to put their best cornerback on or what play they should be ready for. By using all the receivers you make Armstrong that much better. And I am not so sure he is the best receiver Cuero has, he has to learn how to tuck the ball in traffic and learn when to go down. When he is corralled he just needs to take the yards and get down. The odds of breaking 3 or 4 tackles when in traffic is not that good, so just get down. Jackson is very good at knowing when to get down. He knows how to fall and he knows when to keep going. That is the life of a running back. Emmitt Smith always said that running backs that know how to fall will have longer careers. Oh and the kid is very good, as long as he stays humble and keeps working hard he might be the best back to come out of Cuero.

With that said, its hard to get your players in "game shape" when you don't play your starters but two quarters. I hope they wear the heck out of them at practice because going D1 Cuero will face teams with a lot of depth and they will probably run two fresh units. I have been impressed that Cuero has not played down nor have they played even close to any teams level. They have played at their level and with some intensity early on. I still think Cuero's defense will be the reason for their success in the playoffs. We all know the Gobblers offense is great. If they don't turn the ball over they are tough to beat. The Defense is the question mark, they have to force turnovers, they have to get some big hits, they must keep the momentum on their side and they must play with some intensity. Intensity is the key word, they need to fly to the football and be a headhunter. The last two teams to have a rock solid defense in Cuero went to state. Think about the teams of 1998 and 2004. Those boys played lights out.

It is kind of hard to know if the competition is that bad or Cuero is that good right know. I will say I think Cuero is very good because Goliad played LaGrange very close in the regular season and I understand LaGrange is not the best in there district but they have played teams close. So, Yes I do think the only thing that can stop the Gobblers is the Gobblers. They just have to keep getting better each week, and keep the intensity up on defense, I would like to see some big hitting and some big time plays.

No excuses this year! Cuero has a lot of Senior leadership and talent on the field, Reeves needs to let them play and open the playbook up a little. They threw to #19 for a touchdown and Tanner caught one also!!! Lets get the others in there. There's a lot of talented receiver's standing on the sidelines till the 4th qtr. Then, they don't get any reps because Cuero's up by so much. We have two more district games, lets hope Reeves gets the others in early so they can get some work before the playoffs.

bd62
10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
cuero offensive line is the best i have seen them have since 1995 ..(based on yoakum game )they fire off the ball very hard and are the key to that great offense. although jackson is really good as a freshman you have to give that offensive line a lot of credit for his success. and cuero has not had to use that passing attack very much in dist. but down the line it is going to be big in there run for the championship. they seem to have good team chemistry which is very important to make that deep run.

44INAROW
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bd62
they seem to have good team chemistry which is very important to make that deep run.

Therein lies the difference in this team. CHEMISTRY... ;)

headhunter
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by bd62
cuero offensive line is the best i have seen them have since 1995 ..(based on yoakum game )they fire off the ball very hard and are the key to that great offense. although jackson is really good as a freshman you have to give that offensive line a lot of credit for his success. and cuero has not had to use that passing attack very much in dist. but down the line it is going to be big in there run for the championship. they seem to have good team chemistry which is very important to make that deep run.

The state finalist team of 2004 had one of the biggest and best offensive lines I can remember. 4 of the 5 weighed over 285 and they were very dominant at running between the tackles. Reason they didn't win it was because for some reason we try to run a WR sweep outside the tackles and lose 10 yards late in the fourth, had to be the worst 4 plays ever called. But yes you are right, the offensive line is very good this year. I like how they are firing off the ball, They will have to play better every week though, it is not going to be easy once you get in the playoffs. I do worry a little bit about our depth and how well we are in 4 quarter shape. I still believe we need to throw the ball downfield, but I like that we have a good balanced attack.

Defense is still the key, I want to see those kids fly to the football and play with that intensity. I did see the first blitz of the season last week against Goliad. #7 came off the corner and sacked the QB. I am not sure, but Reeves pulled out a lot of stuff last week, we blitzed, we threw to the TE (twice) and he pulled out that new goal line offense of taking a knee inside the 1 yard line. lol

bigcat8
10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Do the Apaches have chance in this one??

44INAROW
10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
There is always a chance........... ;) I personally would like to see a good ballgame. It's really hard on a team to go into the playoffs after "blowout" type of games.

headhunter
10-30-2008, 05:38 PM

NO

They might score though

centexan
10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
I played against both Gonzales and Cuero, when we ( Luling,yoakum, cuero,gonzales,wimberely, and La vernia were all in the same district). i being from luling know real well how dominant those Gobblers have been. G-town is down now, but they will be competetive again soon, but until then...... Cuero wins big!!!!

centexan
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
I played against that 95 gobbler team, and if the line is as good as that line, which had matt anderson who went along and had a heck of a career at Texas, then cuero will make a run for the ring!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Cuero by at least 50...:thinking:

GreenMachine
10-31-2008, 02:09 PM
gooo meannnn greennnnnnn! Be listening to Joe and Grandpa Roy tonight. Cuero by a TON!!!

KingRob
10-31-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going to stay up and listen to at least halftime. Sure do wish I could be there.

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Good luck Gobblers! :cheerl: :cheerl:

KingRob
10-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Rumor has it, that the Gobbler field was painted orange, along with the player benches and some bleachers. I don't wanna say who I heard it from because i don't want 44IAR to get mad at me.:cool:

It's getting ugly, and it ain't gonna be pretty!

Do they really, really wanna get the Gobblers even more fired up?

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2008, 06:46 PM
:1popcorn: :tisk: payback time ....:D

crabman
10-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Two plays. Two Gobbler touchdowns. Deja vu all over again.

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 07:44 PM
2 plays=2 scores

Gobblers up 14-0 very early

Trent Jackson for about 68 yds.for the score.

crabman
10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah, I am at home listening on the internet because I have had the wonderful stomach virus since Tuesday. Three days, 12 pounds. You DON'T want details.

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
21-0 gobblers

7:00 min. left in 1st

crabman
10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
One yard carry by David Vega. 21-0 Gobblers with 7:06 left in the first.

Joe and Grandpa pointed out that this is payback for the senior who was on the field last week when we took four knees with seven minutes left in the game on the one yard line.

crabman
10-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Gonzales snaps the ball over the punters head and Gobblers block the punt. Take over at the Apaches 6.

First play from scrimmage Cuero fumbles and Gonzo picks it up and tries to run and fumbles it right back.

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Rumor has it, that the Gobbler field was painted orange, along with the player benches and some bleachers. I don't wanna say who I heard it from because i don't want 44IAR to get mad at me.:cool:

It's getting ugly, and it ain't gonna be pretty!

Do they really, really wanna get the Gobblers even more fired up?

I heard someone talking about this while we were eating out tonight. They are always doing something like this.

Dang, we failed to score on that series...:(

crabman
10-31-2008, 08:01 PM
My source tells me it is true.:D

crabman
10-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Gonzales breaks a long QB keeper to the Gobbler 12.

Second and 7 from the 9. QB keeper again, no gain

Third and 7. incomplete pass.

Fourth and 7 from the 9. 11 seconds left in the first.

Field goal attempt. No good.

KingRob
10-31-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not getting anything on Gobblersports.com. Dang! This is the second week in a row.

Keep updates coming please!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:09 PM
91 yds. in 3 plays...:clap:

28-0 Gobblers

crabman
10-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Last play of the quarter was a direct snap to Jackson for 20 yards.

First play of the second Jackson slips on the turf. SEcond and ten.

55 yard pass Arndt to Glover

28-0 Gobblers 11:06 left in the half.

crabman
10-31-2008, 08:10 PM
gg, you take over for a while. My stomach is not feeling too sporty right now. :(

KingRob
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
WOOHOO! I got it!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I see them 50 points coming soon...:kiss:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Gobblers roughing up the punter , so the Apaches keep the ball...:(

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
77 yds. in 3 plays again...they don't take long...:D

35-0 Gobblers

KingRob
10-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Went downstairs to get a Pepsi, and now it's 35-0.

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Gonzalez fumbles and the Gobblers take over at the 47 yd. line...:)

3 plays again...

25 yard pass TD to Glover

42-0

2:51 left in the 2nd qtr.

KingRob
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM
TOUCHDOWN!! Arndt to Glover, TD pass in the endzone!

PAT Good. 42-0

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
I heard Joe say this game was gonna be 'SPOOKTACULAR'...:stirpot:

:D :D :D

KingRob
10-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Gotta get up early. Great first half Gobblers!! I'll read about the rest in the morning.

To all a good night!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 08:36 PM
42-0 HALF TIME...:clap:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:00 PM
1st half stats:

Cuero had 11 rushes for 122 yds.

Arndt was 7 for 8 for 220yds.

another great night so far, for Arndt...:clap:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
took a little longer on this series...78yds on 8 plays... :)

Gobblers lead 49-0

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I left at halftime - my stomach is queasy.... sure hope I'm not getting sick :(

anyway - Gobbler Grad - is that Bill Blackwell doing play by play?

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
yes it is...doing pretty good job...:thinking: he needs to speak up a little...kinda like he does when he's sitting in the stands...:D

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
yes it is...doing pretty good job...:thinking: he needs to speak up a little...kinda like he does when he's sitting in the stands...:D

lol no joke

Touchdown Gobblers :clap: :clap:

Moeller's doing a great job with the PAT's :clap:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, not sure who scored, but it's 56-0...:thinking:

end of 3rd qtr.

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
lol no joke

Touchdown Gobblers :clap: :clap:

Moeller's doing a great job with the PAT's :clap:

thought I heard them say at half time he was 28 for 28 in district...

must be 30 for 30 now...:clap:

great job

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Gonzales holds the Gobblers and take over at 1 yd. line...:(

2nd team playing now...:clap:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 10:02 PM
2nd team makes it 62-0 , before we kneel on it...:D :D :D :D Coach didn't think we score...I love it !!!!

awgh...we kneel on the PAT...:(

LOOKS LIKE THE FINAL WILL BE 62-0...:clap:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO THE APACHES...:wave:

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
FINAL

CUERO===62
GONZALES===0

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
quick stats - these are estimates so I might be off........

1st downs
Cuero 23
Gonzales 7

Rushing
Cuero 352
Gonzales 116

Passing
Cuero 220 (I don't think we passed at all in the 2nd half)
Gonzales 33

Tyler was 7 for 8 for 220 yards

Gonzales QB - 9 of 16 for 33 yards

total yards offense

Cuero 572
Gonzales 139

few penalties that I recall........

gobbler grad
10-31-2008, 10:26 PM
230 yds. rushing in the 2nd half...

and we only scored 21 points...:thinking:

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Gonzales had a heck of a punter.........

Lombardi
10-31-2008, 11:58 PM
62-0 no way

Twirling Time
11-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75

Winner Winner Gobbler Dinner!

Old Green
11-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Cuero 62-0. I figure the kickers leg will get tired on the last td.:D Well it kinda happened. Gobblers took a knee on the last extra point

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Sounds like he got plenty of practice. ;) (sorry.....)

Congrats Gobblers!

bigcat8
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
The Apaches must have some injured players not to score a point.. Did they have some players out??

gobbler grad
11-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't think so...:thinking:

XtremeCouture
11-01-2008, 11:53 AM

nice prediction

44INAROW
11-01-2008, 04:26 PM

wow - OK sinfan75 - you win the prediction game this week....... :)

KingRob
11-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Biggest win for the Gobblers over the Apaches since 1987 (61-0). Gobblers won state that year.

Lombardi
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
any 15 yard penalties last night

headhunter
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Another good day of practice for the Gobblers, not much competition. Good job of still playing at a high level. Defense I am still counting on you stepping up in the playoffs and playing with some intensity. Bring the hat and keep those shutouts going. Take pride in not letting anyone score on you.

Eventually we are going to have to play 4 quarters, I am not sure when we will be tested, but it will be interesting to see how good of game shape we are in.

Oh and I do like that their was a little paint on the field. I always appreciate it when the Gonzales and Cuero get together. The rivalry was down this year because everyone new there was no chance for Gonzales but this is what makes it great. Always adding a little fuel to the fire give the people in the stands something to talk about and the players can have another reason to play even harder. Some of you may not like it but I am old school and I like when teams with a long history meet up. I did enjoy seeing the Gobblers put a good whipping on the Apaches. I am sure their will be a day when Gonzales will return the favor. Oh and I am so glad Reeves scored in the fourth quarter, Our fourth quarter stats where looking a little crappy. lol

HM33
11-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Good win but I seen where Cuero has a long way to go to make it to state.... I know I have kind of been on the bad side this year but I say it like I see it.

Cuero's D HAS to STEP UP. Yeah I know its hard to have intensity and stuff to play winning so badly but some drives it seemed as if they didn't care if Gonzo scored or not. When I played D I wanted a goose egg no matter how good or bad they were. But if the D doesn't take their game to the next level they will not make it into the playoff that far. Remember, Defense wins championships, and I honestly don't see a championship D playing yet.

Offense is doing what they should. That freshman RB is unbelieveable. I can honestly say that I think if he keeps his mind right and stays healthy he will break Straights records. I wish we had him when I played in '04. He is nasty with the line and I can only imagine what he would be like with ours. Oh on that note. I saw pressure on Tyler. thats not a good sign, but I hope the coaches saw it too and work on pass blocking, cuz a few of the linemen need it :S.....

Great win, but don't think they will all come that easy

Old Green
11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
The Apaches must have some injured players not to score a point.. Did they have some players out?? Ckody Burton and the starting cQB were not suired up.

headhunter
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Ckody Burton and the starting cQB were not suired up.

Would not have made a difference, Gonzales might have scored once.

Gontex
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM

As a matter of fact, Gonzales does have a decent punter. Unfortunately, he is also the qb and also unfortunately, he didn't play again last night. Enjoy it guys. There is a reason why this series is now tied at 35=35=1. Gonzales has won as many as they have lost against you and in all probability will be back to win some more. Good luck the with the rest of your season. Believe it or not, I would actually like to see you win the state championship. The road will actually get a little rougher once your district season is over.

Lots of things have not gone well for the Apaches. New coach obviously has lots of things to learn about the game off the field as well as on it. I know he knows the game, because he was an all Big 12 linebacker at Baylor, but he is going to have to show the ability to teach the kids and to lead them effectively.

As for the paint, you may want to look in your own field house to find the culprit. I don't think Gonzales cared enough about this game this year to go to the trouble to paint anything. Most of the Apaches knew they had another butt kicking coming and I can't imagine any of them doing anything to make it worse than it was.

headhunter
11-01-2008, 11:35 PM
As for the paint, you may want to look in your own field house to find the culprit. I don't think Gonzales cared enough about this game this year to go to the trouble to paint anything. Most of the Apaches knew they had another butt kicking coming and I can't imagine any of them doing anything to make it worse than it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your probably right, but I still like when stuff like this happens, for either team it get kids more fired up to play and just adds to the excitement. I'm sure their is plenty of people who don't agree with me but I always like to see it like the old days. Teams like to win these games for bragging rights for the year and I feel that the rivalry has been down a little bit. Maybe it has to do with Gonzales being not very strong this year.

Gontex
11-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Would not have made a difference, Gonzales might have scored once.

Let's see now, the starting qb (punter) is down and a returning all state receiver is down and it wouldn't have made a difference had they played? I don't know about you, but I believe that if Grahamm Harrell and Michael Crabtree had not played against Texas last night it probably would have made a difference. I'm not saying that Meredith and Burton are on that level, but it definitely affects the ability of the team to perform. It may not have been the difference in a w or l, but it certainly would have made a difference.

Lombardi
11-02-2008, 09:10 AM
The Burton kid is a tremendous player.. . When did he get hurt??

TAMUGRAD
11-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Good win but I seen where Cuero has a long way to go to make it to state.... I know I have kind of been on the bad side this year but I say it like I see it.

This year? Sounds like the usual sour grapes from the 2004 alumni. You guys need to let go and move on. Sorry I call it like I see it.

JT44
11-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Let's see now, the starting qb (punter) is down and a returning all state receiver is down and it wouldn't have made a difference had they played? I don't know about you, but I believe that if Grahamm Harrell and Michael Crabtree had not played against Texas last night it probably would have made a difference. I'm not saying that Meredith and Burton are on that level, but it definitely affects the ability of the team to perform. It may not have been the difference in a w or l, but it certainly would have made a difference.

Look at gonzales' season record, it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, maybe you get 14 points.
Last years' QB made those recievers all state caliber. Burton has not played up to last years numbers.
I think this was Meredith's first year at qb, wasn't he a receiver/te last year?

Lombardi
11-02-2008, 03:35 PM
sounds like Burton hasn't played much at all...........

HM33
11-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
This year? Sounds like the usual sour grapes from the 2004 alumni. You guys need to let go and move on. Sorry I call it like I see it.

LoL, yes this year they still need a lot of work. Oh and for your information I have let go. I have moved on, new year and new team. And if you have watched the team this year you would see that they have a lot to do. The district is crap and these games are not helping the Gobblers at all. No sour grapes, I call it like it is.

gobbler grad
11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by HM33
The district is crap and these games are not helping the Gobblers at all.

probably one of the weakest districts we had in a long time...:thinking:
they will eventually have to play 4 qtrs. of ball before long...:stirpot:

Phil C
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Has Gonzales cinched a playoff yet? If not Cuero might should have let them win so they (Cuero) can go Division 2. ;)

HM33
11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
LoL no Gonzo is not making the playoffs this year. Cuero is going D1

headhunter
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

Sour Grapes????? HM33 is right, Cuero has a lot to improve on. They have to bring the intensity on defense. They will have to make some big plays. I hope your not saying your content with how the Gobblers are playing, the Gobblers have been blowing teams out lately and putting up big numbers but how much are they benefiting from that. I think the offense is going to be just fine, I do worry about if the defense will be ready for a real physical battle with a team with a hit you in the mouth attitude. I still think we need to work on the little things. Such as fielding punts, kicking field goals, distributing the ball on offense, and and rapping up and tackling. You can never be satisfied, the day you think your good enough is the day someone else just past you up.

crabman
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
As a side observation, the thing that ties the 2004 team and the 2008 teams together is baseball. HM33, schu, unbeweavable and several more of the 2004 team played Babe Ruth together and went to the Regionals in Pine Bluff. They got their butts whooped at regionals but they played a ton of baseball in their younger years. Baseball is the most social of all of the sports. You get really tight with your teammates. 3A is one of the places where the baseball team IS the football team. The same applies to this years team. Arndt, Boothe, Rangnow, Ruiz, Harryman, Goebel are all baseball players and play in the spring and all of the summer together. Don't think this doesn't translate to the football field. The mentality of the game, the teamwork.

I just thought it was interesting.

I know HM33 remembers the games in Eagle Pass where it was 112 degrees.

HM33
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by crabman
\

I know HM33 remembers the games in Eagle Pass where it was 112 degrees.

LoL, yeah those were some good times. I remember in Eagle Pass when I about died while I was on 1st. I ran and had to come back, ran then had to come back, then foul balls that were long and just foul. Then theres Arkansas. Don't even want to go there lol