PDA

View Full Version : Wow...cool picture

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Found this on the Texas High School Coaches Association site...cool picture

http://coach.thsca.com/images/Photo%20of%20the%20Week/Mcknight.jpg

Photograph Submitted by Coach Stan Gabel of Round Rock HS
Jeremy Mcknight of Round Rock attempts to block a punt in a game against Leander.

Keith7
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't know why he is diving, he is a good 7 or eight feet away from the kicker and it looks like the ball is well away.. he must not get much playing time

Rabbit'93
10-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I don't know why he is diving, he is a good 7 or eight feet away from the kicker and it looks like the ball is well away.. he must not get much playing time Or Maybe he's just trying his best to help his team.

Why such a negative nancy Keith?

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Whatever happened to, "Wow, nice hustle."

We can't seem to compliment anything around here without someone having something negative to say.

It's really a pity!!

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

We can't seem to compliment anything around here without someone having something negative to say.

It's really a pity!!

No, Keith is just..well Keith.

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
no kidding! thats big time hustle by that kid.

bigwood33
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
The kid 'sold out' didn't he?!
His coach didn't think it was fake hustle, he submitted the pic.

Pick6
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Why such a negative nancy Keith?

Have you seen Keith's high school team?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

FAILURE: When you put it all on the line and you still come up short.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Have you seen Keith's high school team?

If he went to high school where I think he did....I have seen them.

The year they beat Burnet in the State Championship!!

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM

It's really a pity!!

Some folks just can't help but be smart asses. There are a few on here that as soon as something is posted, I just sit back and wait for their response.

You know it's coming!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Some folks just can't help but be smart asses. There are a few on here that as soon as something is posted, I just sit back and wait for their response.

You know it's coming!

I thought you were a benched player? Who let you back on the field?

Pick6
10-27-2008, 11:06 AM

2003 to 2008 may be only 5 years, but in their case it's light year's difference.

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I thought you were a benched player? Who let you back on the field? quien mas?

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 11:08 AM
2003 to 2008 may be only 5 years, but in their case it's light year's difference.

I know that.....but that wasn't your question!!

It was "have you seen Keith's high school team."

My answer is "yes, I have...when they won the State championship."

You didn't specify if anyone had seem them LATELY...now did ya??:p :p

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33

Exactly. My first thought was, I wonder how bad it hurt when
he hit the ground belly first.

Pick6
10-27-2008, 11:21 AM
I know that.....but that wasn't your question!!

It was "have you seen Keith's high school team."

My answer is "yes, I have...when they won the State championship."

You didn't specify if anyone had seem them LATELY...now did ya??:p :p

Zip-it mom :kiss:

Keith7
10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
don't kid your selves this kid wasn't even close.. There is a kid on the same team that is closer who is already turning away to go block.. This reminds me of outfielders in baseball who dive or slide to make a catch that they could have made standing up

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
The kid is actually really close, the angle that the picture was taken at makes it appear that he is further than he actually is. Look at it closely, see how the punters shadow and the kid thats "flying" shadow are actually in the same line. Meaning he barely missed the punt.

3afan
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM

that was THEN ..... the NOW is el stinko

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
you have no idea where that ball is. The ball could be just above his hand, just out of the picture.

cshscougar08
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know why he is diving, he is a good 7 or eight feet away from the kicker and it looks like the ball is well away.. he must not get much playing time

Wow what a jerk. . . . .

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
doesn't look like a dive, it looks like he's flying :)

DaHop72
10-27-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't know why he is diving, he is a good 7 or eight feet away from the kicker and it looks like the ball is well away.. he must not get much playing time Humm, if he were 7 or 8 feet away why is the kickers leg bent like maybe he is avoiding contact. :thinking: :thinking: You stay classy Keith7.:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I was actually at the game...he tipped it.

rangerjoe33
10-27-2008, 01:33 PM
I wonder if Lois Lane was a cheerleader at that game. Cool pic.

Bull19
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know why he is diving, he is a good 7 or eight feet away from the kicker and it looks like the ball is well away.. he must not get much playing time :ditto: one of those all out hustle plays, that usaully hurt the team, not help it

Bull19
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
don't kid your selves this kid wasn't even close.. There is a kid on the same team that is closer who is already turning away to go block.. This reminds me of outfielders in baseball who dive or slide to make a catch that they could have made standing up jim edmonds.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Zip-it mom :kiss:

Now you know that is NEVER gonna happen!!:hand:

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
:ditto: one of those all out hustle plays, that usaully hurt the team, not help it

yep we all know how all out hustle can just KILL a team. :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yep we all know how all out hustle can just KILL a team. :rolleyes:

no kidding!

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Once again guys...It's Keith. What did we expect?:dispntd:

OldBison75
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
For you people that can't recognize that the player had a legitimate chence for the block , LOOK AGAIN. If you will look about 1 inch above the kickers foot, you will see the ball in silouette because he just kicked it. The spped off the foot is too fast for the camera and you only get a shadow. Photography is tricky that way.

Even if he was a step late, the amount of hustle and the fearless dive deserve praise, not cynacism. We teach kids to give 100 percent effort on every play, this kid is giving his all. ENOUGH SAID!!!!

Keith7
10-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
For you people that can't recognize that the player had a legitimate chence for the block , LOOK AGAIN. If you will look about 1 inch above the kickers foot, you will see the ball in silouette because he just kicked it. The spped off the foot is too fast for the camera and you only get a shadow. Photography is tricky that way.

Even if he was a step late, the amount of hustle and the fearless dive deserve praise, not cynacism. We teach kids to give 100 percent effort on every play, this kid is giving his all. ENOUGH SAID!!!!

I keep staring and staring at the picture to see this "silhouette" but I don't see it.. This isn't one of those stupid Halloween gags where a ghost and a loud noise is going to pop up any minute now is it??

Honestly I give the photographer credit, very cool picture and good timing, but I still don't think this kid is close. The kicker is not shielding himself in anyway from the dude trying to block the kick, I have no clue how anybody could get that from the picture. If anything it looks like his leg is coming down in the picture which further reiterates that the ball was long gone, and again "superman's" teammate is running away from the punter despite the fact that he is closer then the other guy, if the punter just got the kick away then why isn't that one dude trying to block it too?

Cute comments about hustle and heart, but is it really hustle when the attempt was meaningless? Wouldn't it be more hustle if he saved his energy to turn his butt around and go block for his return man?

I realize I've somehow become the goat on the board, but I'm just calling this like I see it. I guess if you guys want to live in a fantasy world where people diving seconds after the kick is gone is an amazing feat then maybe just choose to ignore me

Oh and yes Gainesville sucks this year but they will be back

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I keep staring and staring at the picture to see this "silhouette" but I don't see it.. This isn't one of those stupid Halloween gags where a ghost and a loud noise is going to pop up any minute now is it??

Honestly I give the photographer credit, very cool picture and good timing, but I still don't think this kid is close. The kicker is not shielding himself in anyway from the dude trying to block the kick, I have no clue how anybody could get that from the picture. If anything it looks like his leg is coming down in the picture which further reiterates that the ball was long gone, and again "superman's" teammate is running away from the punter despite the fact that he is closer then the other guy, if the punter just got the kick away then why isn't that one dude trying to block it too?

Cute comments about hustle and heart, but is it really hustle when the attempt was meaningless? Wouldn't it be more hustle if he saved his energy to turn his butt around and go block for his return man?

I realize I've somehow become the goat on the board, but I'm just calling this like I see it. I guess if you guys want to live in a fantasy world where people diving seconds after the kick is gone is an amazing feat then maybe just choose to ignore me

I disagree about the guy turning being closer..and someone on this thread SUPPOSEDLY was at the game and said he tipped the punt

and for the record this kid is not a scrub, or a special team player only..he is the starting Safety

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 02:34 PM
It seems like I can see at least 3 different silhouettes....is that possible??

NastySlot
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I think the title of the post was cool picture not bad ^ss block or a question to if it was great effort or not......but cool picture....so just tell us if it was a cool pic or not....not if you think he got the ball........and could his teammate be retreating cause he was on the opposite side of the block call.....ie block right....so they come hard on the right and the guy on the left comes but not hard.

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
he had just kicked the ball. The heel on his plant foot is still off the ground.

NastySlot
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
hey maybe this is on youtube.

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I think the title of the post was cool picture not bad ^ss block or a question to if it was great effort or not......but cool picture....so just tell us if it was a cool pic or not....not if you think he got the ball........and could his teammate be retreating cause he was on the opposite side of the block call.....ie block right....so they come hard on the right and the guy on the left comes but not hard.

correct...you dont block from both sides...thats how you get somebody hurt!

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

yep, cool pic

leave it to keith to ruffle feathers :D :thumbsup:

Bull19
10-27-2008, 03:50 PM

i agree. just because he dives doesnt justify it as being helpfull to the team.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i agree. just because he dives doesnt justify it as being helpfull to the team.

How silly!!

Kaorder just posted a pic and said "cool pic".......and it's come to this.

No matter if it was "helpful or not"....it is STILL a cool pic!!!

Pmoney
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM

if the ball is long gone and his teammate is retreating...then why isn't the teammate that is "retreating" looking right above the punter's foot? is it possible the ball just got kicked? or maybe he isn't doing what he is supposed to maybe he is also being useless to the team cause he isn't looking for a man to block???...this player was playing w/ 110%, the way players should be playing!

Emerson1
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Looks photoshopped

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Looks photoshopped well, if anyone would know about photoshopping pictuers --- it'd be Keith! :D

JR2004
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I was actually at the game...he tipped it.

That should end discussion about how close he was to the punter.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
That should end discussion about how close he was to the punter. My thoughts as well.

:thinking:

piratebg
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Nice pic. The only thing missing is a cape. :D

sinton66
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
well, if anyone would know about photoshopping pictuers --- it'd be Keith! :D

LOL, I remember one he did. I think an old guy from Sinton gave him hell about it for a while.:D

mac77
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
don't kid your selves this kid wasn't even close.. There is a kid on the same team that is closer who is already turning away to go block.. This reminds me of outfielders in baseball who dive or slide to make a catch that they could have made standing up

If you knew anything about special teams, you'd know you don't lay out from both sides because people tend to get hurt when they collide in mid-air!

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats going to hurt when he hits the ground!

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mac77
If you knew anything about special teams, you'd know you don't lay out from both sides because people tend to get hurt when they collide in mid-air! MAC is BAC!

wimbo_pro
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
It seems like I can see at least 3 different silhouettes....is that possible??

The lights from different directions will cause the multi-shadows

Keith7
10-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mac77
If you knew anything about special teams, you'd know you don't lay out from both sides because people tend to get hurt when they collide in mid-air!

Well if you knew anything about special teams, you'd know that the kid didn't need to dive because he is 7 feet away and the ball is long gone. He would be better served to go block for his team.

Keith7
10-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, I remember one he did. I think an old guy from Sinton gave him hell about it for a while.:D

baseball state champs baby

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Well if you knew anything about special teams, you'd know that the kid didn't need to dive because he is 7 feet away and the ball is long gone. He would be better served to go block for his team.

The thing is, he is not 7 feet away. You are the only person that's ignorant enough to think that.

popcorn screen
10-27-2008, 10:25 PM
great effort:clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2008, 10:39 PM

Photograph Submitted by Coach Stan Gabel of Round Rock HS
Jeremy Mcknight of Round Rock attempts to block a punt in a game against Leander. why is there something with the same color as the punter above him and the same for the player flying?

kaorder1999
10-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
why is there something with the same color as the punter above him and the same for the player flying?

what?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2008, 10:43 PM
what? is that a double image, look above the punter helmet and the player diving

Emerson1
10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
why is there something with the same color as the punter above him and the same for the player flying?
It's a flag and a ball bag...

JR2004
10-28-2008, 01:33 AM

Did you even bother to read the response from Wimbo_Pro who said he was at this game? The kid tipped the ball. :doh: :doh:

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Did you even bother to read the response from Wimbo_Pro who said he was at this game? The kid tipped the ball. :doh: :doh:

Was thinking the same thing.

Keith7
10-28-2008, 01:33 PM

I don't believe it was tipped regardless of what someone says.. there is no possible way that kid tipped the ball unless the punter somehow shanked the ball right at the flying guy..

Stownhorse
10-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

HAHA sold out. I remember when coach J would tell us to to 'sell out' at the end of our mat drills.

kaorder1999
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't believe it was tipped regardless of what someone says.. there is no possible way that kid tipped the ball unless the punter somehow shanked the ball right at the flying guy..

how do you know the ball isnt just above him just out of the picture? He's close enough to have been able to.

Ranger Mom
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM

So wimbo is lying??

WIMBO....you big fat liar!!!!!!!

Keith7
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
So wimbo is lying??

WIMBO....you big fat liar!!!!!!!

I'm afraid so

kaorder1999
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Keith...its the angle in which the pic was taken. If you rotate it around like they do on TV, you would see he's MUCH closer than you think

Pick6
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Keith...its the angle in which the pic was taken. If you rotate it around like they do on TV, you would see he's MUCH closer than you think

KA, it's like talking to a
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHPcbAdJPF8BXYmjzbkF/SIG=11s86k5mm/EXP=1225309788/**http%3A//www.emc.org.uk/history/donkey.jpg

He will argue until you get tired of arguing then he'll think he won the argument.

Keith7
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
KA, it's like talking to a
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHPcbAdJPF8BXYmjzbkF/SIG=11s86k5mm/EXP=1225309788/**http%3A//www.emc.org.uk/history/donkey.jpg

He will argue until you get tired of arguing then he'll think he won the argument.

If you spend your time arguing with donkeys buddy, you have bigger problems than I do

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
If you spend your time arguing with donkeys buddy, you have bigger problems than I do BAHAHAHAHAHA :spitlol:

Man, yall gotta love Keith!!!

Daddy D 11
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't :rolleyes: Anyone that's this ignorant... needs help.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I don't :rolleyes: Anyone that's this ignorant... needs help. oh jeez :sleeping:

Gp83
10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
oh jeez :sleeping: LOL y'all keep busy in here

Daddy D 11
10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
oh jeez :sleeping:

It was a little harsh, I noticed that after posting:doh:

I just cannot stand to listen to someone that's so oblivious.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
It was a little harsh, I noticed that after posting:doh:

I just cannot stand to listen to someone that's so oblivious. Dude what are you on that you can "hear" someone over a message board?!? :eek: :D

Daddy D 11
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Dude what are you on that you can "hear" someone over a message board?!? :eek: :D

Good one:clap:

I'm actually in baseball study hall right now..

STANG RED
10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Good one:clap:

I'm actually in baseball study hall right now..

Baseball study Hall????:confused:

Soooooooo,,,,,,, how many stitches on a regulation baseball anyway? :D

OldNavy
10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
So, back to the post, I think it is a cool pic because it looks to me from the angle of the photo that the punter just booted that guy in the air and he is flying backward into the air.

I guess you could get technical and say that if he had kicked him he would be doubled over in the middle and wouldn't look like he was flying, but hey, looks like he got kicked up in the air to me.

Now, I think he tipped the ball because he is on his way down after having tipped it. You can't tell from the picture, but Wimbo will probably verify that he was much higher in his leap when he touched the ball than this photo shows, or, not.

Who cares, still a good picture of a guy putting forth a great effort. For what it is worth, I like kids who try hard, even if it may not succeed. If you don't try, there is no success.

bobcat1
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Or Maybe he's just trying his best to help his team.

Why such a negative nancy Keith?:rolleyes:

Cause he can't do that himself. Heck of a picture. Notice how the punters helmet and the kid's helmet blocking are on the same line with the track in the background. Must be on about the same line I guess.

Oh and They ain't coming back soon. :D

BobcatBenny
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Cause he can't.
Quit being so negative B1. :D