PDA

View Full Version : Graham @ Abilene Wylie

Texasfootball2
10-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Can't believe there's not a thread rock-n-rollin on this game so lets get're goin.:D

I think this game will be interesting. Graham is putting up some points and they still have a shot at the playoffs, even though I think they need Brownwood to beat both Sweetwater and Snyder for them to get in, it's still a shot going into Friday nights game. But regardless of playoff implications, it's still Graham and Wylie and neither team needs any extra motivation when they play each other. Last three games the home team has won this game.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-27-2008, 09:48 AM
I heard Graham got a couple of move-ins in the past few weeks; is this true? Can anyone verify this?

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I heard Graham got a couple of move-ins in the past few weeks; is this true? Can anyone verify this?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. They are constantly moving kids and coaches in and out of there. :D If they need a RB, then they start hunting unemployed coaches that have RB sons and BOOM, they are a Graham Steer. They always leave a couple of open spots for Coaches/History or PE teachers open for emergencies.:taunt: :taunt:

I'm sure RWB can verify this because she stays up with that kind of stuff.

wimbo_pro
10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. They are constantly moving kids and coaches in and out of there. :D If they need a RB, then they start hunting unemployed coaches that have RB sons and BOOM, they are a Graham Steer. They always leave a couple of open spots for Coaches/History or PE teachers open for emergencies.

So THATS how its done, eh? I knew if I hung around this board long enough, I'd pick up the tricks of the trade.

Troybuilt
10-27-2008, 10:08 AM
They have a D-1 QB who has been carrying the team on his arm.

But you should't be talkin. Wylie has more movins every year than any of these other schools put together.

Rocket
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
So THATS how its done, eh? I knew if I hung around this board long enough, I'd pick up the tricks of the trade.

nobogey knows all the ins and outs... Again, Abilene Wylie has it all down... I think Sandifer had a Session at the Texas Coaching School this Summer called "3A Football with 4A Numbers - Move Them In, Count Them Out". The secret to winning football is to raise your quantity and quality while hiding the quantity. It's simple math, you ignore addition and just use subtraction. This is valuable stuff...

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I can tell you this much...Graham won't have another PERFECT game this season!

:D

Texasfootball2
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
They have a D-1 QB who has been carrying the team on his arm.

But you should't be talkin. Wylie has more movins every year than any of these other schools put together.

Name some of these so called movins. I've been watching games for 20 years and I can't name you more than three or four total that had any impact on the football team.:D

Cameron Crazy
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. They are constantly moving kids and coaches in and out of there. :D If they need a RB, then they start hunting unemployed coaches that have RB sons and BOOM, they are a Graham Steer. They always leave a couple of open spots for Coaches/History or PE teachers open for emergencies.:taunt: :taunt:

I'm sure RWB can verify this because she stays up with that kind of stuff. You are the epitome of ignorant.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
You are the epitome of ignorant.

Haha, so was your post. He's just givin' a hard time. Have some fun!

grahampaw
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
no matter what bait you throw out you wont hear much out of Graham this week.The kids will be ready and know what they have to do.

awylie8
10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Now Rocket, you know Coach Wood had the market on shuttling students around in good ol Brownwood. If they could'nt play, he just sent em on down to Early. Nuff Said About That!!!!

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I can tell you this much...Graham won't have another PERFECT game this season!

Am I the only person that caught this?!:fnypost:

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Am I the only person that caught this?!:fnypost: I'm just glad someone did! I hate wasted humor. :D

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm just glad someone did! I hate wasted humor. :D

At least you kept out any of the sexual overtones that you've been throwing out there quite frequently lately :p :D

ccmom
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Am I the only person that caught this?!:fnypost:

Nope! Love it!;)

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
You are the epitome of ignorant.

HEY!!! Charlie Chaplin---- I was just trying to get a rise out of RWB. You know....... like a JOKE. Go find a DR. somewhere and see if he can extract that corn cob for you.:D

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 11:44 AM
HEY!!! Charlie Chaplin---- I was just trying to get a rise out of RWB. You know....... like a JOKE. Go find a DR. somewhere and see if he can extract that corn cob for you.:D

Where would a corn cob be? :confused: :p

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Can't say on here.:rolleyes: But, it would be in a place that would cause you to walk funny, and it affects your sense of humor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
At least you kept out any of the sexual overtones that you've been throwing out there quite frequently lately :p :D Well I didn't want to get ya all worked up! It's only Monday, ya know!

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Where would a corn cob be? :confused: :p in his EAR, duh! :p

Texasfootball2
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM

Well:thinking: let's see:doh: maybe a riddle will help you.

No cob in your ear
No cob in your beer
This cob could be found in your rear:D

ivchris
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
nobogey knows all the ins and outs... Again, Abilene Wylie has it all down... I think Sandifer had a Session at the Texas Coaching School this Summer called "3A Football with 4A Numbers - Move Them In, Count Them Out". The secret to winning football is to raise your quantity and quality while hiding the quantity. It's simple math, you ignore addition and just use subtraction. This is valuable stuff...

And while Coach Sandifer was teaching his class, Coach Freeman was teaching, "Let's drop down a class and show them how it's done 101". I'm guessing those other 3A teams don't take notes very well because they keep winning. :D

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
And while Coach Sandifer was teaching his class, Coach Freeman was teaching, "Let's drop down a class and show them how it's done 101". I'm guessing those other 3A teams don't take notes very well because they keep winning. :D HAHA :clap:

ccmom
10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
And while Coach Sandifer was teaching his class, Coach Freeman was teaching, "Let's drop down a class and show them how it's done 101". I'm guessing those other 3A teams don't take notes very well because they keep winning. :D

Man, I don't even have to say anything today...you guys are on a roll!!!:clap:

grmfan93
10-27-2008, 02:13 PM

Not since begining of the season

BreckTxLonghorn
10-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
Not since begining of the season

Thanks for the info:)

grmfan93
10-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info:)

We have " move ups"

WylieBulldog92
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't think we have one player on varsity who wasn't at this school last year to be quite honest with you.

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I can't believe we haven't heard from RWB yet. She is probably still hung-over from the post Brownwood game victory party. Either that or she is just scared. Either that or she may be in jail for disorderly conduct in the visitor's parking lot after the game Friday night. :D

garciap77
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I can't believe we haven't heard from RWB yet. She is probably still hung-over from the post Brownwood game victory party. Either that or she is just scared. Either that or she may be in jail for disorderly conduct in the visitor's parking lot after the game Friday night. :D

Hint!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Addict.jpg

And she was not try to hurt him to bad, is what I heard!

VWG
10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I was trying to think back of the last time a team that was 2-6 was so competitive. Graham has lost to Snyder and Sweetwater by what? A combined 11 points? Lost to Glen Rose, who is 7-1, by 2 or 3 points. Hung with Bridgeport until halftime, and beat a Brownwood team that on paper should have spanked them.
Credit McCoy and his staff on a good job of overcoming injuries and youth to stay competitive this year.

ccmom
10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I was trying to think back of the last time a team that was 2-6 was so competitive. Graham has lost to Snyder and Sweetwater by what? A combined 11 points? Lost to Glen Rose, who is 7-1, by 2 or 3 points. Hung with Bridgeport until halftime, and beat a Brownwood team that on paper should have spanked them.
Credit McCoy and his staff on a good job of overcoming injuries and youth to stay competitive this year.

I totally agree!:clap:

I'm expecting another "nail biter"...not that any of us Wylie fans have any nails left.

garciap77
10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I totally agree!:clap:

I'm expecting another "nail biter"...not that any of us Wylie fans have any nails left.

I used to hate them overtime wins a few years back against Graham. I'm glad we are playing at home. I don't think we can beat Graham at their place. Our boys better be ready to play. I did not see any since of urgency or aggressiveness from our boys last Friday night against Breckenridge. Our crowd was dead as well. I hope it was a wake-up call for both. JMO

ccmom
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I used to hate them overtime wins a few years back against Graham. I'm glad we are playing at home. I don't think we can beat Graham at their place. Our boys better be ready to play. I did not see any since of urgency or aggressiveness from our boys last Friday night against Breckenridge. Our crowd was dead as well. I hope it was a wake-up call for both. JMO

I totally agree, only I would say the same thing about the last two weeks (not taking anything away from either Breckenridge or Snyder). And I definitely think the crowd has not done their part either, but I promise you my brood is doing their part. I'm about as shy and restrained at the games as I am on this board. ;)

GetRDoneStangs
10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I totally agree, only I would say the same thing about the last two weeks (not taking anything away from either Breckenridge or Snyder). And I definitely think the crowd has not done their part either, but I promise you my brood is doing their part. I'm about as shy and restrained at the games as I am on this board.

Not tryimg to :hijacktd: , but the Sweetwater crowd at Snyder was awesome!!! I am on the sidelines for all the Sweetwater games and last week they kicked butt!!

They have been "quiet" the past ...well several games.

The crowd makes a BIG Differace in the players attitude......

Having the crowd get into a game is VERRRRY Important!

garciap77
10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I totally agree, only I would say the same thing about the last two weeks (not taking anything away from either Breckenridge or Snyder). And I definitely think the crowd has not done their part either, but I promise you my brood is doing their part. I'm about as shy and restrained at the games as I am on this board. ;)

You are right! At the Snyder game, people all around us were just visiting with each other, until they realized that we were about to lose! We need those cheerleaders and mascot to come up to the stands and fired those people up like we do during our playoff games. As far as I’m concern, every game in our district should be played as a playoff game. I feel anyone in this district can beat anyone on any given Friday regardless of their record. I would not be surprise in the least if Breckenridge, Graham, and Brownwood win the rest of their games!

GetRDoneStangs
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
You are right! At the Snyder game, people all around us were just visiting with each other, until they realized that we were about to lose! We need those cheerleaders and mascot to come up to the stands and fired those people up like we do during our playoff games. As far as I’m concern, every game in our district should be played as a playoff game. I feel anyone in this district can beat anyone on any given Friday regardless of their record. I would not be surprise in the least if Breckenridge, Graham, and Brownwood win the rest of their games!

I totally agree (well maybe not on who wins the rest of their games!!)...fans need to visit somewhere else......get off your arse and on your feet!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
This should be a good game. I am looking forward to Friday and the Steers meeting up with the Dawgs.:D

BreckTxLonghorn
10-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I would not be surprise in the least if Breckenridge, Graham, and Brownwood win the rest of their games!

If that happens, I'll eat my shoe.

Graham & Breck play each other in 2 weeks, so its impossible.:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I am not sure how Graham and Breck would both win that game??:confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
10-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Yeah, I am not sure how Graham and Breck would both win that game??:confused:

Warning::hijacktd: :catredx:

I think this will be the closest game between Graham & Breck in years, either side. Extremely excited about the rivalry coming back (hopefully without the vandalism this time), and mad I won't be able to make it.

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Warning::hijacktd: :catredx:

I think this will be the closest game between Graham & Breck in years, either side. Extremely excited about the rivalry coming back (hopefully without the vandalism this time), and mad I won't be able to make it.
No kidding- should be a good one!!:clap:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
This should be a good game. I am looking forward to Friday and the Steers meeting up with the Dawgs.:D

Ummmmm......stop being so friggin nice woman :rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 09:53 AM

I think she is showing great restraint by not rubbing some Brownwood noses in the dirt, or salt in the wound or whatever. But I agree Addict, this just ain't natural considering her normal sour disposition. I was expecting a little smack from her this week. I guess she just doesn't have it anymore.:dispntd: :dispntd:

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh, it is a new side of me- do you like it?:D

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, it is a new side of me- do you like it?:D

Hmmmmmm :thinking: . I get a spanking, which I must say I kinda enjoy at times, and Wylie peeps get all this butt smoochin? Naaahhhh....I DON'T LIKE IT! :mad:

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmmmmmm :thinking: . I get a spanking, which I must say I kinda enjoy at times, and Wylie peeps get all this butt smoochin? Naaahhhh....I DON'T LIKE IT! :mad:
Oh, sweetie- I was nice to you the other night wasn't I? Oh, besides the whoopin' the Steers put on ya!:rolleyes:

garciap77
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Man!!!! There goes my plan. Well, I tried. It should be a great game.

garciap77
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Looks like a little bit more than a spanking!

:p

;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Looks like a little bit more than a spanking!

:p

;)
Hey, Garcia- you need to ask Bogey (he knows) about my 'spankings' they involve a 9 iron and usually start in the head area!!!:eek:

garciap77
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey, Garcia- you need to ask Bogey (he knows) about my 'spankings' they involve a 9 iron and usually start in the head area!!!:eek:

He told me, that's why we are nice to you here at Wylie! I've seen what happened to poor Lion Addict. Our M&G will be nothing, but nice. Bring some of the other Graham posters, we promise to be nice to all of them. We don't fight or call names like them bad posters from Sweetwater and Snyder;) ! The only good ones from over there are Stang, Dahop, du_stud, and the Sweetwater Bulldogs (Cann't tell you who they are for their own safety).

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
He told me, that's why we are nice to you here at Wylie! I've seen what happened to poor Lion Addict. Our M&G will be nothing, but nice. Bring some of the other Graham posters, we promise to be nice to all of them. We don't fight or call names like them bad posters from Sweetwater and Snyder;) ! The only good ones from over there are Stang, Dahop, du_stud, and the Sweetwater Bulldogs (Cann't tell you who they are for their own safety).

You know what is funny? I don't know any of the other Graham posters!:p And they haven't showed up at any other M&G.:rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
You know what is funny? I don't know any of the other Graham posters!:p And they haven't showed up at any other M&G.:rolleyes:

Go figure.....you got more nads than them other Cow supporters. I'd be ashamed sending a little helpless female to take on all the big old ugly guys.....poor baby ;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Go figure.....you got more nads than them other Cow supporters. I'd be ashamed sending a little helpless female to take on all the big old ugly guys.....poor baby ;)
Where are my boots when I need them??:rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
And by the way.......is anybody gonna say a friggin thing about my posting not being in BOLD???? Been doing this for days and I figured after all the comments/remarks about it, somebody would at least notice :( . Damn...I really don't count here do I? :weeping: . Mean arse people!

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
And by the way.......is anybody gonna say a friggin thing about my posting not being in BOLD???? Been doing this for days and I figured after all the comments/remarks about it, somebody would at least notice :( . Damn...I really don't count here do I? :weeping: . Mean arse people!
I noticed!!!! I just didn't say anything. I was afraid you might go back!!!
Oh, I don't mean to high-jack the thread, but I want to tell all you guys that old speed limit (#55)is doing well. We took him to Abilene yesterday and had him checked out. They said all is well. They did pop a rib back in to place (ouch!) and did some treatment on him. He won't be playing this week (he isn't happy :( ) and we will see about next week. But as far as a serious injury- he doesn't have one. Thanks for all your comments and concerns!!! I really appreciate them.:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Can't believe there's not a thread rock-n-rollin on this game so lets get're goin.:D

I think this game will be interesting. Graham is putting up some points and they still have a shot at the playoffs, even though I think they need Brownwood to beat both Sweetwater and Snyder for them to get in, it's still a shot going into Friday nights game. But regardless of playoff implications, it's still Graham and Wylie and neither team needs any extra motivation when they play each other. Last three games the home team has won this game.
I don't think this is totally true Texas2, but I may be wrong. No matter what Bwood does, I am thinking my Steers will be ready to play your Doggies.:thinking:
Should be good atmosphere for a fall football Friday night. Not to mention it will be Halloween. Freaky things can happen at the Dawg House in just 3 days........ is everyone ready??:eek: :eek:

ccmom
10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I noticed!!!! I just didn't say anything. I was afraid you might go back!!!
Oh, I don't mean to high-jack the thread, but I want to tell all you guys that old speed limit (#55)is doing well. We took him to Abilene yesterday and had him checked out. They said all is well. They did pop a rib back in to place (ouch!) and did some treatment on him. He won't be playing this week (he isn't happy :( ) and we will see about next week. But as far as a serious injury- he doesn't have one. Thanks for all your comments and concerns!!! I really appreciate them.:inlove:

So glad to hear he is better.
:)

Mcguirk
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm always nervous about playing Graham. They always seem to bring their "A" game. I expect it to be a good one. Like with Snyder, homefield advantage is huge.
On a side note I met a Graham mom with a son on the team with the coolest last name.... McCool

garciap77
10-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Who-dun-it!!?
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Out on a limb, but I'm takin Graham in a close one.

nobogey72
10-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I'm always nervous about playing Graham. They always seem to bring their "A" game. I expect it to be a good one. Like with Snyder, homefield advantage is huge.
On a side note I met a Graham mom with a son on the team with the coolest last name.... McCool

2 or 3 years ago, Graham had a DB/WR that was her son and his name was "Pecos McCool". That was the best name I had ever heard (except for Johnny Bravo). This past summer I was playing Golf at the Cliffs at PK and that night we went to eat and there was a table of Graham women (all seemed pretty loose to me) and I asked them if they knew a kid named Pecos McCool. One of them started screaming "That's my son". She said they got the name at a Reba McIntyre concert when they found out that Reba has a son named Pecos. Ms. McCool was pregnant at the time and decided that night that the baby's name would be Pecos.

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Don't think I made a pick on this one yet. Why ain't this a poll anyways? Goobers :rolleyes: . If Graham plays to their potential it'll be a good 'un, but I gotta go with Wylie....just too much for the Cows to handle. Plus we need Wylie to win it anyways. Gawd, I hate having to root for the Bullfrogs :doh: :p

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Don't think I made a pick on this one yet. Why ain't this a poll anyways? Goobers :rolleyes: . If Graham plays to their potential it'll be a good 'un, but I gotta go with Wylie....just too much for the Cows to handle. Plus we need Wylie to win it anyways. Gawd, I hate having to root for the Bullfrogs :doh: :p
Thanks Lion_Addict- I know I can always count on you. See if I ever sing my rendition of "Friends are Friends Forever" for you!!!:rolleyes: (inside joke)

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Lion_Addict- I know I can always count on you. See if I ever sing my rendition of "Friends are Friends Forever" for you!!!:rolleyes: (inside joke)

If yawl would have lost like you were supposed to last Friday night :p .......I'd prolly be pulling for your Cows "friend" :kiss:

BwdLions
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
2 or 3 years ago, Graham had a DB/WR that was her son and his name was "Pecos McCool". That was the best name I had ever heard (except for Johnny Bravo). This past summer I was playing Golf at the Cliffs at PK and that night we went to eat and there was a table of Graham women (all seemed pretty loose to me) and I asked them if they knew a kid named Pecos McCool. One of them started screaming "That's my son". She said they got the name at a Reba McIntyre concert when they found out that Reba has a son named Pecos. Ms. McCool was pregnant at the time and decided that night that the baby's name would be Pecos.

Pecos' little brother Brady plays for Graham. He's a lineman but I can't remember his number.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
If yawl would have lost like you were supposed to last Friday night :p .......I'd prolly be pulling for your Cows "friend" :kiss:
Sorry to have messed up your plans, "friend".:D I hope we really screw up your plans this week, too.:kiss:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry to have messed up your plans, "friend".:D I hope we really screw up your plans this week, too.:kiss:

Hey Lion_addict, you do know that RWB is hoping and praying the Brownwood beats Sweetwater. It's one of the games that needs to go their way if they are able to win this Friday.

ForeverALobo
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm going to say Graham plays a good first half and keeps it close but Wylie takes it in the second half. My prediction Abilene Wylie 35 Graham 14

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey Lion_addict, you do know that RWB is hoping and praying the Brownwood beats Sweetwater. It's one of the games that needs to go their way if they are able to win this Friday.

Hmmmm.....yeah missy, you hear that? Time to be Lion fan WOMAN! :evillol: :evillol:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Actually, I don't really care who wins. I think you need to look at all of that again Texas2.:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ForeverALobo
I'm going to say Graham plays a good first half and keeps it close but Wylie takes it in the second half. My prediction Abilene Wylie 35 Graham 14
If you look at the way we have played this season- Lobo.... you will see that Graham is playing quite well the second half. Ask Brownwood.....:eek: :eek:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Actually, I don't really care who wins. I think you need to look at all of that again Texas2.:D

Assuming Graham wins out: I guess the easiest way is Sweetwater beat Brownwood then Brownwood beat Snyder. But if Brownwood beats Sweetwater and then Snyder beats Brownwood and Wylie beats Sweetwater then there is a three way tie between Graham, Sweetwater, and Snyder. Based on positive points in those matchups Sweetwater +14, Snyder -3 and Graham -11. Sweetwater and Snyder move on and Graham plays basketball. So, I may have been wrong about you being for Brownwood in this game, but I do think you should care who wins this game because it has huge implications on your playoff chances. That is, if you can beat Wylie friday.

I guess that makes this game Friday essentially a playoff for the Steers, not that they need any more motivation since they are playing Wylie.

Steerfan
10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Pecos' little brother Brady plays for Graham. He's a lineman but I can't remember his number.

Brady McCool's number is 50.:cool:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Assuming Graham wins out: I guess the easiest way is Sweetwater beat Brownwood then Brownwood beat Snyder. But if Brownwood beats Sweetwater and then Snyder beats Brownwood and Wylie beats Sweetwater then there is a three way tie between Graham, Sweetwater, and Snyder. Based on positive points in those matchups Sweetwater +14, Snyder -3 and Graham -11. Sweetwater and Snyder move on and Graham plays basketball. So, I may have been wrong about you being for Brownwood in this game, but I do think you should care who wins this game because it has huge implications on your playoff chances. That is, if you can beat Wylie friday.

I guess that makes this game Friday essentially a playoff for the Steers, not that they need any more motivation since they are playing Wylie.
Did that hurt your head figuring all that out Texas2?:thinking: Are you sure you have it all right, still?:confused:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Did that hurt your head figuring all that out Texas2?:thinking: Are you sure you have it all right, still?:confused:

I think so, I actually figured it out on Monday after you guys beat Brownwood. Up until last Friday the playoff picture was pretty clear and not so muddy, but the Steers muddied the waters something aweful last Friday. But my head is just fine thanks for asking.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I think so, I actually figured it out on Monday after you guys beat Brownwood. Up until last Friday the playoff picture was pretty clear and not so muddy, but the Steers muddied the waters something aweful last Friday. But my head is just fine thanks for asking.
Glad our boys could keep it interesting for everyone. You have to admit- this makes it much more exciting.:evillol:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Here's my calculations:

If Brownwood beats Sweetwater and then losses to Snyder, They are 2-3
If Snyder beats both Breck and Brownwood: they are 3-2
If Sweetwater losses to both Brownwood and Wylie: they are 3-2
If Graham beats both Wylie and Breck: then they are 3-2.

Sweetwater, Snyder, and Graham are all 3-2.

Sweetwater beat Graham 31-24 SW +7 Graham -7
Snyder beat Graham 30-26 Synder +4 Graham -4
Sweetwater beat Snyder 14-7 Sweetwater +7 Snyder -7

Totals : Sweetwater +14 , Snyder -3 , Graham -11.

Now there is one other cinerio:doh:

If Sweetwater loses to BW but beats Wylie: they are 4-1
If Graham beats both Wylie and Breck they are 3-2
If Wylie losses to both Graham and Sweetwater: they are 3-2
If Brownwood beats Sweetwater then the winner of the Brownwood/Snyder game would also be 3-2 and the loser would be 2-3.

There would be a three was tie for third between:

Wylie 3-2, Graham 3-2, and Syder/Brownwood winner 3-2, and Sweetwater would be the District Champion at 4-1.

If this happens::doh: :thinking: :ack!: :foul: who knows?

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Here's my calculations:

If Brownwood beats Sweetwater and then losses to Snyder, They are 2-3
If Snyder beats both Breck and Brownwood: they are 3-2
If Sweetwater losses to both Brownwood and Wylie: they are 3-2
If Graham beats both Wylie and Breck: then they are 3-2.

Sweetwater, Snyder, and Graham are all 3-2.

Sweetwater beat Graham 31-24 SW +7 Graham -7
Snyder beat Graham 30-26 Synder +4 Graham -4
Sweetwater beat Snyder 14-7 Sweetwater +7 Snyder -7

Totals : Sweetwater +14 , Snyder -3 , Graham -11.

Now there is one other cinerio:doh:

If Sweetwater loses to BW but beats Wylie: they are 4-1
If Graham beats both Wylie and Breck they are 3-2
If Wylie losses to both Graham and Sweetwater: they are 3-2
If Brownwood beats Sweetwater then the winner of the Brownwood/Snyder game would also be 3-2 and the loser would be 2-3.

There would be a three was tie for third between:

Wylie 3-2, Graham 3-2, and Syder/Brownwood winner 3-2, and Sweetwater would be the District Champion at 4-1.

If this happens::doh: :thinking: :ack!: :foul: who knows?
Are you sure?:thinking:

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Are you sure?:thinking:
Actually NO! I have absolutely no freakin Idea what has happened or what is going to happen:crazy: But it all sounds good and makes it very interesting and exciting.

nobogey72
10-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Who's on first?:confused:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Actually NO! I have absolutely no freakin Idea what has happened or what is going to happen:crazy: But it all sounds good and makes it very interesting and exciting.
You know I am totally messing with you, right??:D

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
You know I am totally messing with you, right??:D

Yeah, and I was messing with you too, but it was quite exhausting :vrycnfsd: but I do think I have it all mapped out.

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, and I was messing with you too, but it was quite exhausting :vrycnfsd: but I do think I have it all mapped out.
And I still don't think you have it all right.:p

Texasfootball2
10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
And I still don't think you have it all right.:p :stirpot: :taunt: :ack!: :crazy1: :foul:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
:stirpot: :taunt: :ack!: :crazy1: :foul:
Garcia- quit posting under Texas2's name........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Graham posters--- Does Colt ever get a chance to see Case play? Didn't know what the Friday afternoon and night routine is at that level. With Abilene kindof being on the way from Austin to Lubbock, thought it might be a possibility.

garciap77
10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Garcia- quit posting under Texas2's name........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/confused_smiley.jpg

Rooster#70
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
GRAHAM WINS! In the past Graham has had Wylie's # kinda

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Rooster#70

I don't think Graham has ever beaten Wylie @ Wylie!:D

Tromboneking
10-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Colt has been to a few games. I know he was at the playoff game in Abilene last year because I walked to the car with he and his mom. I think he was also at the Burkburnett game. That was the weekend the UT game was rescheduled due to the hurricane.

Colt is a really nice kid...in fact, the whole McCoy family are very good people.

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Colt has been to a few games. I know he was at the playoff game in Abilene last year because I walked to the car with he and his mom. I think he was also at the Burkburnett game. That was the weekend the UT game was rescheduled due to the hurricane.

Colt is a really nice kid...in fact, the whole McCoy family are very good people. I think he was at the '05 or '07 game when Wylie played @ Graham. I know it was one of them but I'm not sure which one, because UT was open.

TinyTim
10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Graham posters--- Does Colt ever get a chance to see Case play? Didn't know what the Friday afternoon and night routine is at that level. With Abilene kindof being on the way from Austin to Lubbock, thought it might be a possibility.

My guess is, the only way Colt would not travel with the team is if he had a death in the family, some other emergency or a doctor's appointment, or something like that.

If he is there however, I bet he is sitting on the East side.

Rooster#70
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't think Graham has ever beaten Wylie @ Wylie!:D

I thought they did a couple of years ago. It would have been in non-district. Could be wrong. Did Graham beat them last year?

Texasfootball2
10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I thought they did a couple of years ago. It would have been in non-district. Could be wrong. Did Graham beat them last year? Graham has beaten them twice in the past 6 years or so but both of them were at Graham, including last year.

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Graham has beaten them twice in the past 6 years or so but both of them were at Graham, including last year.

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, both times Graham beat us was because of poor officiating. :D :tongue: :taunt:

TinyTim
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah, and if I remember correctly, both times Graham beat us was because of poor officiating. :D :tongue: :taunt:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
10-30-2008, 12:17 PM

At their home yes, but they are play at our house where they don't have a number on us.:)

garciap77
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM

But that will not happen any more!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg

;)

RedWhiteBlue
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
At their home yes, but they are play at our house where they don't have a number on us.:)
That is where that Halloween thing comes in to play.:eek: :eek:

Rooster#70
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Isn't that how wylie beat clyde last year ......poor officiating.

BwdLions
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
From what I've seen through the years, it doesn't matter whether you play at Wylie or Shotwell, there's no worse officiating in the state than Abilene (for the visiting teams).

WylieBulldog92
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Isn't that how homers are, all serious about a JOKE.

:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
10-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
From what I've seen through the years, it doesn't matter whether you play at Wylie or Shotwell, there's no worse officiating in the state than Abilene (for the visiting teams).
Hey, we can play Wylie at Shotwell- tell Hugh there has been a change of plans!!!:inlove:
By the way..... never mind- I will have to tell you later, gotta get to the games. Eventhough, Old Speed Limit will have to walk the sidelines and whine all night.:(

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey, we can play Wylie at Shotwell- tell Hugh there has been a change of plans!!!:inlove:
By the way..... never mind- I will have to tell you later, gotta get to the games. Eventhough, Old Speed Limit will have to walk the sidelines and whine all night.:(

Good luck and tell those kids not to be intimidated by Wylie
having 80 players on their sideline.:D

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM

I was just kidding about the officiating at Graham (as indicated by the smiley following my post) but if you are serious about the Wylie/Clyde game last year and that call at the goalline, I would have to agree with you. Looking at it after the fact it was pretty clear that it was a bad call. :)

Who-dun-it!!?
10-30-2008, 06:14 PM

Careful,, Wylie broke the Snyder Jinx this year.

Who-dun-it!!?
10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey! Can somebody add a poll to this thread? So far I'm counting two votes for Graham, and the rest for Wylie. Call me crazy, I just like to see the actual poll. However lopsided it may be.

RedWhiteBlue
10-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey, Bogey! You might let your Wylie buddies in on a little secret that we have a few of those officials in those there parts in our back pockets, too.:rolleyes:..... from back in the day. Just kidding, of course!!!!:kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
10-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Our freshman were REAL intimidated! We won. 12-7.:cheerl:

garciap77
10-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

You forgot about the Referees!

garciap77
10-31-2008, 08:10 AM

;)

injuredinmelee
10-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I have probably missed it, but is there a M&G at halftime?

STANG RED
10-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

80???:confused: Did they lose a bunch for grades or something?;)

injuredinmelee
10-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
80???:confused: Did they lose a bunch for grades or something?;)

thats funny right there.

grmfan93
10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by VWG

AMEN

garciap77
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Our freshman were REAL intimidated! We won. 12-7.:cheerl:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/imagemagic-1.jpg