PDA

View Full Version : LSU deserves a shot

turbostud
12-06-2003, 11:45 PM
In the past 3 weeks LSU has beaten #15 Ole Miss, #24 Arkansas, and #5 Georgia. Doesnt strength of schedule play a big part in the BCS. I have a feeling LSU is going to get screwed.

mwisnews
12-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Not now since OU lost.

turbostud
12-07-2003, 12:08 AM
OU will still play for the title. They are so far ahead in the standings this loss wont matter.

Bulldog92
12-07-2003, 01:08 AM
turbostud:
OU will still play for the title. They are so far ahead in the standings this loss wont matter.It should matter and it's a shame that it probably won't. I can't believe OU got outplayed they way they did. The only way OU gets knocked out is the polls. If they drop far enough, USC might barely squeeze in there. I feel bad for the Trojans, though. Being on the west coast, I've seen probably half of their games and they're undoubtedly deserving of a chance to play for all the marbles. They should have a stipulation that if you don't win your conference, you shouldn't play for the title. I'm a lifelong Nebraska fan and I thought they shouldn't have played Miami two years ago after losing to Colorado and not even getting to the Big XII title game. They did and Miami proved that the Huskers shouldn't have been there. That being said, I think that this year's championship game will be a great matchup no matter who goes.

turbostud
12-07-2003, 01:15 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by turbostud:
OU will still play for the title. They are so far ahead in the standings this loss wont matter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should matter and it's a shame that it probably won't. I can't believe OU got outplayed they way they did. The only way OU gets knocked out is the polls. If they drop far enough, USC might barely squeeze in there. I feel bad for the Trojans, though. Being on the west coast, I've seen probably half of their games and they're undoubtedly deserving of a chance to play for all the marbles. They should have a stipulation that if you don't win your conference, you shouldn't play for the title. I'm a lifelong Nebraska fan and I thought they shouldn't have played Miami two years ago after losing to Colorado and not even getting to the Big XII title game. They did and Miami proved that the Huskers shouldn't have been there. That being said, I think that this year's championship game will be a great matchup no matter who goes. I agree with you 100%. Its going to be kind of funny if OU wins the National Championship but didnt win the Big 12 Championship.

Bulldog92
12-07-2003, 01:19 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm rooting for the Tigers and I'll be beside myself if they get left out. They might because it looks like USC could be #1 in both polls and the BCS will be something else if USC were to get bumped while OU gets to play for it.

xlr8tor
12-07-2003, 01:46 AM
I think it should be USC and LSU for the title. If OU gets blown out of the water like that by a team that wasn't even rated in the top 10, they don't deserve to play for the title. Hopefully the polls will see it that way too and put USC and LSU where they belong, playing for sugar. Just my take.

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:31 AM
yep!!!!!

spiveyrat
12-08-2003, 01:35 PM
LSU is in! GEAUX TIGERS!

QBKilla
12-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Geaux get em Tigers! I'll be there live and in person, along with about 70,000 other crazy cajuns. I would of loved to see USC and LSU though. Oh well, beating OU will suit me just fine.