PDA

View Full Version : The new IRON Mike learned from the old IRON Mike- Singletary and Ditka

Bubba-Joe
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Hooray for Mike Singletary
You just have to think that DITKA is somewhere smiling

Maybe some the rest of the overpaid prima-donas in the NFL will take notice.....
OLD SCHOOL BABY JUST PLAIN OLD SCHOOL RIGHT HERE!!!!

SAN FRANCISCO - Mike Singletary ended his head coaching debut by apologizing to 49ers fans above the locker room tunnel. Tight end Vernon Davis got sent to the showers like a petulant teenager, J.T. O'Sullivan was benched after his 11th fumble of the season, and the San Francisco defense let a 242-pound fullback catch two long touchdown passes.

The 49ers (2-6) lost their fifth straight game in a chaotic debut for Singletary, who took over after Mike Nolan was fired last Monday.

The Hall of Fame linebacker couldn't fix a porous defense just yet, but he immediately put his stamp on the club by pulling O'Sullivan after three turnovers. Singletary then made an even more dramatic statement when he ordered Davis off the field and into the locker room after the hotheaded tight end got a personal foul for slapping a Seattle player's helmet late in the third quarter -- and then pretended not to know why Singletary was mad.

"I will not tolerate players that think it's about them when it's about the team," Singletary said. "We cannot make decisions that cost the team, and then come off the sideline and it's nonchalant. No. ... I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team."

Singletary yelled at the former No. 6 overall pick in full view of his teammates, commanding Davis to sit on the bench and then ordering him to the locker room at the next timeout.

sahen
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
nice...hope he gets control of san fran and turns them around

Silverback 04
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I officially love this guy! I get sick of these overpaid professional athelete acting like A-holes. Vernon Davis has been a compl;ete bust since he was drafted and a big part of San Frans problem. Unfortunately, the way the pros act these days, I don't know if Singletary has much of a chance. Most of these guys won't follow someone that disses 'em in public because they would rather lose and get paid than to be disciplined and win.

WylieBulldog92
10-27-2008, 07:05 AM
I love the part where he says we'd be better off if you were in the shower or something really close to that.

bigwood33
10-27-2008, 09:51 AM
The guy better not get too mouthy or Mike might just suit up for a practice and crack some skulls! I know none of them really remember seeing him play but he could still take any of them! Mike's a stud, always has been and always will be!