PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW: Glen Rose Tigers (7-1) @ China Spring Cougars (8-0)

cshscougar08
10-26-2008, 02:28 PM
This one is for the district championship in 7-3A. We can see if Glen Rose actually has a decent team or if they are vastly overrated like usual.

Pick6
10-26-2008, 02:42 PM
CS rolls big.

trojan37
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Vastly overrated. I still can't believe West blew this one. Thompson is a big QB and has a strong arm but I don't think the Glen Rose receivers can get open long enough to make a difference. I say China Spring 42 Glen Rose 17. I also expect this game to get some attention from DCTF since they have China Spring ranked 3rd and Glen Rose 15th.

R1Editor
10-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Both teams 3-0 and playing for the district lead.

WylieBulldog92
10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
China Spring!
Closer than the experts think!

bp80884
10-26-2008, 08:43 PM
China Spring 42-21...

...but I am a little bias!

cshscougar08
10-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
China Spring!
Closer than the experts think!

Closer than the experts would be kinda close. But if we're talking about closer than the experts as in those who actually kinda know the two teams, such as myself, that's still a 30 point CS win. :D

trojan37
10-27-2008, 07:47 AM
China Spring 42 Glen Rose 14. China Spring will shut them up AGAIN.

Roadwarrior
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Vastly overrated. I still can't believe West blew this one. Thompson is a big QB and has a strong arm but I don't think the Glen Rose receivers can get open long enough to make a difference. I say China Spring 42 Glen Rose 17. I also expect this game to get some attention from DCTF since they have China Spring ranked 3rd and Glen Rose 15th.

I've seen Glen Rose play and I wouldn't say they were vastly overated. They won't beat the #3 team in the state this week but they have a pretty good program going over there for a school with less than 500 kids. They were picked to be runner up in their district and that's where they will end up. Thats called performing to expectations. They have only lost 2 out of their last 15 or so games. I'd say West was the one that was overated. They were picked to be a playoff team and they will end up going straight to basketball.....3-5 with a mostly 2a nondistrict schedule is pretty weak. Sounds like you are hatin on the Glen Rose folks because they have pretty well owned West for a long time........its in their blood to blow games against Glen Rose. The Glen Rose boys will have to outperform to stay in this one at China Spring. They are just good.

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 01:12 PM
There is already a thread for this game. Merge time! :D

grmfan93
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
all i know is that CS is really good....but so is GR....

cshscougar08
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Beating you makes them good? I do believe you are the 2nd best team they have played.

trojan37
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Roadwarrior
I've seen Glen Rose play and I wouldn't say they were vastly overated. They won't beat the #3 team in the state this week but they have a pretty good program going over there for a school with less than 500 kids. They were picked to be runner up in their district and that's where they will end up. Thats called performing to expectations. They have only lost 2 out of their last 15 or so games. I'd say West was the one that was overated. They were picked to be a playoff team and they will end up going straight to basketball.....3-5 with a mostly 2a nondistrict schedule is pretty weak. Sounds like you are hatin on the Glen Rose folks because they have pretty well owned West for a long time........its in their blood to blow games against Glen Rose. The Glen Rose boys will have to outperform to stay in this one at China Spring. They are just good.

No sir, I'm not hating on Glen Rose. I said from the beginning of the season that West wasn't a playoff team. Our non-district schedule existed of 2 2-A schools, one of which is a playoff team, Mexia, the likely runner-up in 19-3A, and Lorena, another possible playoff team also out of 19-3A. I know Glen Rose has owned West and I never picked West to beat Glen Rose. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, China Spring has owned Glen Rose big time. They have given up 21 against West and 23 against Gatesville in the first half. If you do that against China Spring, turn out the lights the party's over!

Roadwarrior
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
No sir, I'm not hating on Glen Rose. I said from the beginning of the season that West wasn't a playoff team. Our non-district schedule existed of 2 2-A schools, one of which is a playoff team, Mexia, the likely runner-up in 19-3A, and Lorena, another possible playoff team also out of 19-3A. I know Glen Rose has owned West and I never picked West to beat Glen Rose. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, China Spring has owned Glen Rose big time. They have given up 21 against West and 23 against Gatesville in the first half. If you do that against China Spring, turn out the lights the party's over!

Your stating the obvious saying CS will win. Have you not been paying attention to what they've done over the past couple years. My point was to call you out on hammering GR as you have been the past several weeks. If they fail to beat the #3 team in the state doesn't prove they are not a good team. I've watched those boys play. They play with a lot of heart and class and yes, sometimes only play good enough to win, but they have a 7-1 season going and don't deserve some bozo on the internet constantly calling them overated or lucky or saying they "should have lost". It just comes off as "sour grapes". Worst case scenerio is they finish the season 8-3 which is pretty darn respectable for their size and talent level.

cshscougar08
10-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I'll join trojan37 in saying that Glen Rose is vastly overrated. They have been every year I was in high school and still are. If you say we're a great team, but in the same breath say Glen Rose is as well, how does that work? If we crush Glen Rose by say, 40, are they still a great team? If we are the measure of a great team, or any school such as LH, Wylie, Cuero, La Vega, or any of the top 10 right now, then Glen Rose is definitely NOT a great team. They are decent at best. They play weak competition. End of story. They are overrated. They are good, but far from great.

RedraideR11
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Has China Springs beat anyone with a winning record?

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
yes

RedraideR11
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
who??

RedraideR11
10-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Sounds like a sore loser to me.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by RedraideR11
who??

Fairfield, Mexia, Groesbeck, yet to play Glen Rose this week and Gatesville next week.

RedraideR11
10-27-2008, 10:01 PM
groesbeck and fairfield dont have winning records

trojan37
10-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by RedraideR11
Sounds like a sore loser to me.

How do I sound like a sore loser? All I said was I can't believe West blew this one, and everyone is calling me a sore loser? Whatever. And Roadwarrior, I'm a bozo on the internet for constantly saying they're overrated? Look at the competition they have had over the last 4 years. None. And like I said before it's not sour grapes when I didn't expect West to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year, and I still don't expect them to. Now, is that better?

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 08:39 AM
I believe China Spring wins in this one. I saw highlights from the West vs. Glen Rose game and West kept it pretty tight. China Spring Rolls by at least 3 TD's

Roadwarrior
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I'll join trojan37 in saying that Glen Rose is vastly overrated. They have been every year I was in high school and still are. If you say we're a great team, but in the same breath say Glen Rose is as well, how does that work? If we crush Glen Rose by say, 40, are they still a great team? If we are the measure of a great team, or any school such as LH, Wylie, Cuero, La Vega, or any of the top 10 right now, then Glen Rose is definitely NOT a great team. They are decent at best. They play weak competition. End of story. They are overrated. They are good, but far from great.

None of that rambling makes a bit of sense. Nobody said GR was a great team. The only smack talking is coming from CS and West fans. Listen, I'm not interested in talking smack with a high school kid that probably hasn't even seen both teams play this year. I've seen both teams play and do say CS should win this one. I just had a problem with people getting on here dogging a GR program thats been very successful the past few years. Let em settle it friday night.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
a high school kid

College freshman actually. See location.

I just had a problem with people getting on here dogging a GR program thats been very successful the past few years. Let em settle it friday night. [/B]

Successful because of a slack district!!!!

Stownhorse
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Always overrated lol

trojan37
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
It's football, you're supposed to talk smack, and 38 years old, not a freshman in high school. And why do you keep dragging West into this, this is between Glen Rose and China Spring. I think China Spring just has to many weapons. After seeing them this year they are more than just Mike Hicks.

Roadwarrior
10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
It's football, you're supposed to talk smack, and 38 years old, not a freshman in high school. And why do you keep dragging West into this, this is between Glen Rose and China Spring. I think China Spring just has to many weapons. After seeing them this year they are more than just Mike Hicks.

I guess thats where we disagree....your right, its football, but its not the NFL where they get paid to get insulted. The boys you are slammin are 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Some of their mommas are still takin them to school and they get to hear about some 38 year old bozo telling them they are "vastly overated", "way way overated", "china spring will shut them up again", and "the truth will be uncovered about them". It wasn't too bad when I thought it was just a stupid kid.....but a 38 year old man....thats just sick. You need to get a life man.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I guess thats where we disagree....your right, its football, but its not the NFL where they get paid to get insulted. The boys you are slammin are 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Some of their mommas are still takin them to school and they get to hear about some 38 year old bozo telling them they are "vastly overated", "way way overated", "china spring will shut them up again", and "the truth will be uncovered about them". It wasn't too bad when I thought it was just a stupid kid.....but a 38 year old man....thats just sick. You need to get a life man.

Can I ask you the difference between us slamming them on here and say a person in the media slamming them?

Roadwarrior
10-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Can I ask you the difference between us slamming them on here and say a person in the media slamming them?

The media doesn't slam high school athletes.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok thanks for your answer. However, I would disagree with your claim of us slamming the athletes. We're not singling out anyone here. We're saying that Glen Rose as a team, is overrated. And since you're new to the board, you haven't seen all this going on yet. This is nothing new to this board. We evaluate teams based on what we have seen personally. And honestly, most of the evaluations from this board are very accurate. So excuse us for making evaluations about teams. Get used to it.

trojan37
10-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Real cute of you to come on here and start slamming people you don't even know. Apparently you haven't read to many threads on here. Just stay on the Centex site, where this same type of stuff goes on on a daily basis and you say nothing. Instead of talking crap about us, talk up the game, which is what this thread is about.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Real cute of you to come on here and start slamming people you don't even know. Apparently you haven't read to many threads on here. Just stay on the Centex site, where this same type of stuff goes on on a daily basis and you say nothing. Instead of talking crap about us, talk up the game, which is what this thread is about.

Whoa you talking to me or the other dude?

trojan37
10-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Whoa you talking to me or the other dude?

Oldwarrior, not you. You and I are on the same page on this one.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Oldwarrior, not you. You and I are on the same page on this one.

Oh ok. I was like I didn't do anything!!!! Lol. But yeah he needs to get used to this stuff.

Roadwarrior
10-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok thanks for your answer. However, I would disagree with your claim of us slamming the athletes. We're not singling out anyone here. We're saying that Glen Rose as a team, is overrated. And since you're new to the board, you haven't seen all this going on yet. This is nothing new to this board. We evaluate teams based on what we have seen personally. And honestly, most of the evaluations from this board are very accurate. So excuse us for making evaluations about teams. Get used to it.

O yes, very accurate, I just read where the trojan said gatesville would beat GR......."trust him on it". And how could you personally see this years teams you speak of if you are really in Norman. And please don't tell me you drove down here just to scout Glen Rose. And I'm not new to the board......been reading it for years. Just could'nt resist going after you two bozos. You sure like dishing it out...but your skin is pretty thin when someone challenges you on it.

Roadwarrior
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM

I've never been to the centex site, but I'll check it out. So you get your kicks out of taking cheap shots at kids but you don't like it when another adult calls you out on it. Your 38 years old man....get a life.

cshscougar08
10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
O yes, very accurate, I just read where the trojan said gatesville would beat GR......."trust him on it". And how could you personally see this years teams you speak of if you are really in Norman. And please don't tell me you drove down here just to scout Glen Rose. And I'm not new to the board......been reading it for years. Just could'nt resist going after you two bozos. You sure like dishing it out...but your skin is pretty thin when someone challenges you on it.

Ok I'll address what you said to me. No I'm not idiotic enough to drive down just to scout a team. However, I have seen Glen Rose play the past four years and watched how the rest of their season went. This year is no different. Plus, they have a lot of the same personnel as last year, so it's not like they are an unfamiliar team to me. I know that teams change from year to year. But when it happens the same way every single year for four straight years, it becomes pretty predictable.

trojan37
10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I've never been to the centex site, but I'll check it out. So you get your kicks out of taking cheap shots at kids but you don't like it when another adult calls you out on it. Your 38 years old man....get a life.

MODS GO AHEAD AND BAN ME! Oldwarrior, RoadWarrior, retard or whatever your name is, how in the hell am I taking cheap shots at kids. Please explain that one to me. As Cougar stated before, we are talking about a team, not individuals. As a matter of fact, I actually gave some praise to the Glen Rose QB because he is one hell of an athlete. You on the other hand are the one that keeps stirring up crap. THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT THE CHINA SPRING-GLEN ROSE GAME AND YOU HAVE FAILED YET TO TALK ANY FOOTBALL TALK YET ABOUT THE GAME! SINCE YOU KNOW SO DAMN MUCH THEN GIVE US YOUR GENIUS INSIGHT AS TO WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Yes I said Gatesville would beat Glen Rose, and they lost. I made a prediction. People do it all the time. I was wrong, big deal.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
So you get your kicks out of taking cheap shots at kids but you don't like it when another adult calls you out on it. Your 38 years old man....get a life.
:doh: :doh: :doh: No one has taken any cheap shots at kids!

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
MODS GO AHEAD AND BAN ME!
Sorry, not happening.

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I've seen Glen Rose play China Spring for 10 years. I've seen this particular Senior class play every year for the past 5.

I will say the tradition continues....

ctownlegend
10-28-2008, 11:25 PM
China Spring Rolls.....easily...

Roadwarrior
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
MODS GO AHEAD AND BAN ME! Oldwarrior, RoadWarrior, retard or whatever your name is, how in the hell am I taking cheap shots at kids. Please explain that one to me. As Cougar stated before, we are talking about a team, not individuals. As a matter of fact, I actually gave some praise to the Glen Rose QB because he is one hell of an athlete. You on the other hand are the one that keeps stirring up crap. THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT THE CHINA SPRING-GLEN ROSE GAME AND YOU HAVE FAILED YET TO TALK ANY FOOTBALL TALK YET ABOUT THE GAME! SINCE YOU KNOW SO DAMN MUCH THEN GIVE US YOUR GENIUS INSIGHT AS TO WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Yes I said Gatesville would beat Glen Rose, and they lost. I made a prediction. People do it all the time. I was wrong, big deal.

I'll go away now since you resorted to calling me names. Even the college freshman didn't do that. Like I said earlier...we disagree on how adults should treat high school football players whether it be as individuals or as a team...and I have already explained it in an earlier post with your direct quotes. I already gave my comments on the game by saying CS would win but I tried to say it without disparaging any younsters. You keep grinding your ax against the GR bunch if it makes you feel good about yourself.

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Who is actually going to make this game?

cshscougar08
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Who is actually going to make this game?

I can't. I have a date Friday night. ;)

Plus I don't want to leave and risk my parking spot being taken by someone coming for the game Saturday.

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I can't. I have a date Friday night. ;)

Plus I don't want to leave and risk my parking spot being taken by someone coming for the game Saturday.

Understood. I would like to hear an unbiased evaluation of Glen Rose. Do a little early scouting:devil: Anyone want to help me out that's going to the game?

HORNETSPORTSFAN
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
#10 (Thompson) Their quaterback is very athletic, @ 6' 4 - 220-230 lbs and can throw very well. He has no stand out receivers, just average speed. Some say he has been looked at by Wake Forest and some saying thats where hes going not sure though.

He was 19-23-0 176 yards against us.
They rushed for 151 yards on 34 carries. Their rushing game isnt that great. They did score on a trick play that caught us off guard. #10 threw to a receiver behind the line of scrimmage who then throw down field to a open receiver for a 40 yard TD

We rushed for 186 yards against them however we didnt have very good passing yards 8-17-1 93 yards. We have 4 fumbles , 2 of which we lost deep on our side of the field giving them great field postion. We also threw an INT.

They had 9 penalties for 63 yards

We Beat Ourselves!

trojan37
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Go to this link and then watch the video player in the top right corner to watch some highlights of Glen Rose. Basically they spread it out and go across the middle or deep, and sometimes they try the quick screen. They pulled a double reverse pass on us that got us a pass interference. Thompson is big and strong though. He can chunck it a mile.

Glen Rose Tigers (http://www.maxpreps.com/texas/football/glen-rose/schedule.aspx?ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&schoolid=ccc79ced-6601-4842-978b-8999ca23dc31&urpath=,local,team)

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Gracias.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
T37 now an unbiased review from the CS/West match up.

trojan37
10-29-2008, 07:41 PM
West doesn't have much, but from what I've seen of China Spring, they are just good. It went from 0-0 at halftime to 23 or 30 to nothing real quick. Mike Hicks is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. I was really impressed with Bell and his composure in the pocket, and he can fling the ball just like Thompson. Where China Spring is dangerous this year is they also have a running game, with multiple weapons to put in the backfield. Stout defense with an explosive offense and depth with over 50 kids on the roster!

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Now that the name calling and trash talking is calmed, I'll weigh in. China Springs is a great team that can beat you in so many ways. They had top quality skill people on both sides of the ball. Glen Rose has a great athlete at QB and adequate receivers and running backs. The China Springs defense is just stout and stingy. Glen Rose has had several games where they have bent on defense alot and either picked up a break or made a break to get a stop when needed.

In this game, China Springs should win by at least two touchdowns if the game is clean and mistake free. If China Springs has a turnover bug, it could get closer. If Glen Rose get the turnover bug, it will be a blow out.

Could Glen Rose win? I never count out anybody in High School football. But, Glen Rose will have to play at the very top of thier game and China Springs will have to have an off night for it to happen.

Good luck to both teams and leave it on the field.

Roadwarrior
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Now that the name calling and trash talking is calmed, I'll weigh in. China Springs is a great team that can beat you in so many ways. They had top quality skill people on both sides of the ball. Glen Rose has a great athlete at QB and adequate receivers and running backs. The China Springs defense is just stout and stingy. Glen Rose has had several games where they have bent on defense alot and either picked up a break or made a break to get a stop when needed.

In this game, China Springs should win by at least two touchdowns if the game is clean and mistake free. If China Springs has a turnover bug, it could get closer. If Glen Rose get the turnover bug, it will be a blow out.

Could Glen Rose win? I never count out anybody in High School football. But, Glen Rose will have to play at the very top of thier game and China Springs will have to have an off night for it to happen.

Good luck to both teams and leave it on the field.

I said I was going away but have to comment on your post. Thats a great assessment......well said. I'm going to try and make this one to see how it plays out.

GrTigers6
10-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I am the father of one of the glen rose players and I just need to say how in the world is glen rose overated we are barely even mentioned in any paper except our own. even though we went to the state quarter finals last year. and beat 3 teams that were state ranked at the begining of the year. Yes there is no doubt that gr has struggled with china springs in the past in fact I can't remember the last time we won at the varsity level. but that day will come it may not be tomorrow but it will happen again. oh and don't talk about our weak district that included teams such as kennedale and everman and aledo at times in the last several years.

cshscougar08
10-30-2008, 01:10 PM
First off, welcome the board. It's a lot of fun on here!! :D

Second, it's not newspapers I'm talking about. You have a rather high number beside your name that I personally don't feel you deserve. I agree you deserve A number, but not a high one like the 14 that DCTF has you at.

bp80884
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Glen Rose always plays China Spring tough. I am excited that we have this test before the playoffs.

Need I remind anyone of what happened in district play last year for China Spring. La Vega beat them like they were a red headed stepchild. Then, when the playoffs came around they met again in the quarters.

Since La Vega beat them so bad the 1st time, no one game CS a chance. Then, we pulled it out. No one saw that one coming.

I am just happy to see a football game every week and appreciate good sportmanship and the entertainment.

Go Cougs!

GrTigers6
10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't guess i know the dctf numbers are or know what they mean anyway. maybe someone could tell me. I don't want anyone to think I don't like china spring either that is a wonderful program with a lot of talent year after year. But this is high school football and you never know from one day till the next what will happen. Regardless of how this game turns out I wish the best for china spring and gatesville or west, whoever ends up in the playoffs,cause they represent our district. Good luck to all

trojan37
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I don't guess i know the dctf numbers are or know what they mean anyway. maybe someone could tell me. I don't want anyone to think I don't like china spring either that is a wonderful program with a lot of talent year after year. But this is high school football and you never know from one day till the next what will happen. Regardless of how this game turns out I wish the best for china spring and gatesville or west, whoever ends up in the playoffs,cause they represent our district. Good luck to all

By DCTF(Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine) they have Glen Rose ranked 14th in the state in 3A.

GrTigers6
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

cshscougar08
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry I didn't explain what I meant with that one.

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I am the father of one of the glen rose players and I just need to say how in the world is glen rose overated we are barely even mentioned in any paper except our own. even though we went to the state quarter finals last year. and beat 3 teams that were state ranked at the begining of the year. Yes there is no doubt that gr has struggled with china springs in the past in fact I can't remember the last time we won at the varsity level. but that day will come it may not be tomorrow but it will happen again. oh and don't talk about our weak district that included teams such as kennedale and everman and aledo at times in the last several years.

7th grade A CS 56 GR 0

bp80884
10-30-2008, 10:25 PM
China Spring 7th grade b team 14-6 over Glen Rose.

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2008, 05:28 PM
The tradition continues

cshscougar08
10-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The tradition continues

Go get 'em Cougs!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bp80884
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Cougars 56
Glen Rose 34

Go Cougars. I think that means D1 for them since West beats Gatesville.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Cougars 56
Glen Rose 34

Go Cougars. I think that means D1 for them since West beats Gatesville.
Does CS play Gatesville next week? Would a Hornets win put them in?

Panther One
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Does CS play Gatesville next week? Would a Hornets win put them in?
Gateville is done. They would have to beat CS and West would have to lose to winless Whitney. Neither is very likely.