PDA

View Full Version : For our D 24 Posters

ProudHornetMom
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
D 24 is very competative but I'm appreciative of the respect shown by y'all on the boards. We're competative and supportive of our teams but without a lot of trash talk. I like that. Last week, Rockdale and Caldwell were pretty low key on the boards and Rockdale didn't rub in their win over us and Cameron didn't add on as well. The thread on the Navasota vs. Cameron game has been civil.

I realize not having nunya running amuk is a big help for Caldwell.

Just a moment of admiration for y'all and appreciation that you let the teams decide it all on the field.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
D 24 is very competative but I'm appreciative of the respect shown by y'all on the boards. We're competative and supportive of our teams but without a lot of trash talk. I like that. Last week, Rockdale and Caldwell were pretty low key on the boards and Rockdale didn't rub in their win over us and Cameron didn't add on as well. The thread on the Navasota vs. Cameron game has been civil.

I realize not having nunya running amuk is a big help for Caldwell.

Just a moment of admiration for y'all and appreciation that you let the teams decide it all on the field.

I bet nunya is chomping on the bit right now!!:D

ProudHornetMom
10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
You know it. He'd explode on Caldwell with his all knowing, all reaching, amazing one man knowledge of football AND remind me that I am an arse kisser to the other teams.

But then again, he can't post until he gets his new name going can he?:taunt:

I should have a few weeks of peace. ;)

King_LeYoeNidas
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I've already accused Ms. CHS_CG of being the alter ego to Nunya lol
Then I make fun of her aggies

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
In this district it is easy to remain civil and respectfult of our competitors. The district is full of talent and has the best fans in the state, except for maybe LH. We all try to stress the strengths of our teams and give an honest assessment of our opponents. The Caldwell and Cameron posters on this board have been the most active besides my Rattlers. I think that all have been very honest about thier opinions and truthful in thier beliefs without running down the competitiion. This is a real pleasure to be able to talk football without trash talking. Thanks to all the District 24 posters.

bandera7
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh come now. bandera obviously has the best fans in the state...:D
ha, with me being our solitary active poster.

The fact that our town has finally stepped behind our team is a big deal. that hasnt truly happened since we won state.

But I have noticed the civility of D-24. IMO the 2nd most competitive district in the state, behind 2. Easily could be the loudest most trashy district with all the competition, but remains civil. says alot about all the posters.

Dogman_1969
10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree on our posters. I, personally, have been pretty silent over the year and especially since my son was injured and is out for 4-6 months. He is recovering now and hopes to be ready to throw the discus by the district meet in the spring.

I've been following the board but more as a reader now..................

striker
10-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Posts on D24 have been complimentary of each other. There are a host of great teams from this district and fans have something to be proud of. Let's keep up the great posts and keep backing our kids. Let's keep the great football traditions going and always understand that these are kids playing their hearts out for their towns.

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I hope the other districts can take note. It is not like what we say or do on here has any effect on the game played on the field. But we generally all support our team and take exception to rude or derogatory comments made about our towns, players, coaches, and fans. If you don't, you aren't a true fan and citizen, IMO. Thank you Proud Hornet Mom and all the other D24 posters. I enjoy posting here.

Nunya, if you are reading, and I know you are, it's all good. If you come back with another name, join the movement and be nice.:)