PDA

View Full Version : The best team in all of 3A is 3-5.

Super_R
10-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Rocket. Why can't the Tigers be the best team when it counts?...you know...on Friday night!

Rocket
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Tigers?

I haven't talked much smack since Wylie. Take it easy! :D The defense is not improving. We are so dang young on defense that it hurt us too much early on and the improvement is not showing up. When you score an average of around 37 a game, you should be able to win, just not happening.

I explained my optimism about this season earlier, and all of the hype I was talking about was there, on offense. I took us having a decent defense for granted, because we usually can put the defense together and get it rolling by District. Just isn't happening.

There ya go, that is the best reason I know.:D

orange machine
10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Tigers?

I haven't talked much smack since Wylie. Take it easy! :D The defense is not improving. We are so dang young on defense that it hurt it us too much early on and the improvement is not showing up. When you score an average of around 57 a game, you should be able to win, just not happening.

I explained my optimism about this season earlier, and all of the hype I was talking about was there, on offense. I took us having a decent defense for granted, because we usually can put the defense together and get it rolling by District. Just isn't happening.

There ya go, that is the best reason I know.:D

SOunds good to me.

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Hey Rocket. Why can't the Tigers be the best team when it counts?...you know...on Friday night!

I find it funny that some of you guys think rocket should have come on here and said "We might win" or "hope our season is ok"

BS... Rocket loves his Brownwood Lions and belives in them.... therefore he supports them on this board. Super_R, rocket has eaten his crow like a man. now take you wrong team name calling self home and play with your superville man dolls.

Super_R
10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I used Tigers on purpose. Lions are Kings...and that wasn't fitting.

I never played with dolls. I did have a Stretch Armstrong though.

Cudos to Rocket for supporting his team...but you don't see the Ingram Warriors on here bumping their gums week after week about greatness.

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Rocket and his fellow Brownwood supporters are fun to listen to. They strongly support thier teams and are always looking for the best angle to make them look invincible (even when losing a few). As for the Ingram posters, there aren't very many that I have seen, and they have not had the preseason hype to pump them up like Brownwood did. There were alot of posters that believed Brownwood would be a force in 3A, maybe not champions, but a force. Congratulations to Ingram on thier accomplishments, and to Rocket, you just keep on supporting your team like you have--they will be back to greatness before too very long. Next year could be thier year. Oh my God, I sound just like Jerry Jones talking about the Cowboys so I'll shut up now.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
No offense to Snyder or Brownwood....but I don't think either of them are "the best team in all of 3-A"........3-5 record, or not!!

Bullaholic
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rocket and his fellow Brownwood supporters are fun to listen to. They strongly support thier teams and are always looking for the best angle to make them look invincible (even when losing a few). As for the Ingram posters, there aren't very many that I have seen, and they have not had the preseason hype to pump them up like Brownwood did. There were alot of posters that believed Brownwood would be a force in 3A, maybe not champions, but a force. Congratulations to Ingram on thier accomplishments, and to Rocket, you just keep on supporting your team like you have--they will be back to greatness before too very long. Next year could be thier year. Oh my God, I sound just like Jerry Jones talking about the Cowboys so I'll shut up now.

I'm with you Old Bison---I'll read all the smack talk in the world as long as it doesn't get too personal or serious. Homers make the sports website world go 'round.

Buckeye80
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I find it funny that some of you guys think rocket should have come on here and said "We might win" or "hope our season is ok"

Plenty of folks do. Early in every season, people are on here discussing their youth and inexperience and hope that their team can find some cohesion before district starts. Not every "homer" on here in the preseason is predicting their team to dominate.

Daddy D 11
10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Super_R

Easy there Super:D