PDA

View Full Version : Llano VS. Wimberley

sandmaster
10-26-2008, 04:54 PM
This game is huge for playoff implications. What are ya'lls predictions on the outcome? It is in Llano on friday night.

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
If Wimberley can correct some of the mistakes they made against us, it could be anyone's ballgame. If not, it could be another long night for the Texans.

lange4
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Everyone talks about which Wim team will show up but the same could be said about Llano. Is it going to be the defense that played Bandera or is it the one that played Taylor.

wimbo_pro
10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
That's just it, lange4. Both teams seem to be suffering from consistency issues this year...in our case...BIG TIME. If I were to bet on this one, I would go for Wimberley (big surprise) based on the HORRIBLE game they played last week. I know this defies logic, but I have seen them do this before...terrible one week, far better the next...then repeat.

If this is the case here, we should win it. What a sad way to look at your prospects, but this is where we are at just about now!

bandera7
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
honestly, Im going Wimberley here.
I know that we lost to Llano and beat Wimberley.
But from what I have been told, despite the fact the we didnt play our best against Wimberley, they really shot themselves in the foot that game. And with Llano, we really beat ourselves defensively. As I have been told, we couldnt tackle a 3 year old girl that game.

Should be interesting. Good luck to both teams.

banderafan
10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
If Wimberley can stop the run, they'll be okay. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

gold_33
10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I dont think we'll have a problem this week. Every year it seems like people try to hype this game up and we usually dominate. We were weak last year and still beat them pretty good. It helps that we played LH last week so we know the slot T. Llano does not have the athletes LH does but if we make the dumb mistakes like we did last week who knows what'll happen. My guess is Nelms will have them ready and we will secure our playoff spot 35-21.

bandera7
10-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I agree that Wimberley should handle this one. the thing is every year it should be a much better game than it is. Yet for some reason Llano doesnt show up that well against yall

wimbo_pro
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I would rather be playing this one at home, to be honest with you....

50 front
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
The key here is Llano's D. Can they stop Smith? I think Llano has seen what stops him (LH) and should emulate that. Llano backs are just as talented, if not more than LH. There line is not as good though. Wimberley will slow the Jackets, but it will still be a high scoring affair.
Llano 42
Wimberley 35

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Is Llano the one that got DESTROYED by Celina?:thinking:

50 front
10-31-2008, 02:17 PM
No, they haven't been near the Hill Country

Lytle W 66-0
Trinity Christian W 28-7
Daingerfield L 28-20
FTW Arlington Hts. W 41-13
Whitehouse L 23-22
Sanger W 56-7
Celina 55 vs. Gainsville 7

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok, it was Lytle, not Llano...

Gotcha!

lbjacj
10-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Is this game airing online?

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Is this game airing online?
I was just about to ask the same! I know KBAY used to have Llano games on the radio, but I've never listened online.

Panther One
10-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Tonight's game decides Llano's playoff fate, for all practical purposes. If they lose tonight, even a win over Liberty Hill next week won't get them in. The only way they could get into the playoffs with a loss tonight is if Burnet loses to Canyon Lake or Ingram in the next two games, and that's not happening. Burnet is going to end district with two losses and hold the tie breaker over Llano. If Wimberley beats Llano, but loses to Fredericksburg, they would have two losses, but still hold the tie-breaker over Llano should Llano upset LH and finish with two losses. So it's win or stay home for Llano tonight. The Yellowjackets might just have a little more motivation in this one.

If Llano does win tonight, then things get interesting. Burnet will finish with two losses and will be in the mix. Wimberley will have to beat Fredericksburg in week 10 to keep their playoff hopes alive, and Llano will have a week 10 showdown with Liberty Hill for the district title. A Llano win or a Wimberley loss in week 10 would put Llano in the playoffs. A Wimberley win and Llano loss would create a three-way tie for second, and I'm not sure how the tie-breaker works. I guess there's still a way Burnet could be the odd man out sending LH DI. We'll know more after tonight...

burnetboy
10-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Wimberly will win becuase we beat llano but lost to wimberly and so playoff spots will be 1.Liberty Hill 2.Wimberly 3.Burnet

Yay!!!1