PDA

View Full Version : If Llano, Liberty Hill, and Wimberly rep district 8...

Mustangpride09
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Does Llano or Liberty Hill go Division 1?

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Liberty Hill

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Does Llano or Liberty Hill go Division 1?

Liberty Hill better hope they go Div. I!:evillol:

Okay I didn't really mean that.:p

Oh wait! I just read LHPM's post. Yes I did mean it!:D

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Liberty Hill better hope they go Div. I!:evillol:

Okay I didn't really mean that.:p
LMAO! :D We ain't skeered. :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LMAO! :D We ain't skeered. :devil:

Nope! Those two rings are proof.:thinking:

wimbo_pro
10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
99% sure LH is going DII.

Stownhorse
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
99% sure LH is going DII.

Lets hope so. :devil:

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
LHPM, What is the deciding factor on LH being Division 1 or 2? If Wimberly beats Llano, does that make LH Division 2? I would love to see Liberty Hill and the fine fans again in the playoffs, but it would not hurt my feelings if it was as a visiting spectator instead of against my team. Fill me in on your race.

Super_R
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Burnet has 99.9% chance of going DI.

They play Ingram and Canyon...2 of the worst 3A teams in the state.

Their is a wierd 3-way tie possibility, where, Wimberley, Llano, and Burnet could all end district play with a 4-2 record.

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
LHPM, What is the deciding factor on LH being Division 1 or 2? If Wimberly beats Llano, does that make LH Division 2? I would love to see Liberty Hill and the fine fans again in the playoffs, but it would not hurt my feelings if it was as a visiting spectator instead of against my team. Fill me in on your race.
Scenario # 2 got knocked out by us defeating Wimberley. The odds of # 3 happening are slim, but on any Friday night....

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Scenario #1:
Llano wins out and beats both Wimberley and LH (and Canyon of course). This would give Llano a 5-1 record (only loss-Burnet).
Then....
LH loses to Llano but beats Wimberley, ends up with 5-1. Wimberley would be 4-2. Burnet will end up 4-2, and since Burnet lost to Wimberley in head-to-head, Wimberley and LH and Llano advance, LH goes D1.

Scenario #3:
Burnet loses to either Ingram or Canyon Lake, making them 3-3.

CONCLUSION:
For LH to go DI this year:

First, if Burnet loses to either one of the two weakest teams in the state (Ingram and Canyon), then LH goes DI. All other possibilities dont matter if they lose them both.

AND

Llano MUST win its next three (Canyon, Wimberley, LH), giving them a 5-1 record in district, avoiding a tie breaker with Burnet, which they lose due to head-to-head game. Also, Wimberley MUST win one of their remaining 3 games (LH, Llano, Freds) to give them a 4-2 record, beating out Burnet due to head-to-head. Then, LH goes DI.

ziggy29
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Burnet has 99.9% chance of going DI.

They play Ingram and Canyon...2 of the worst 3A teams in the state.
As far as I can tell, Burnet is in unless one of these two things happen:

(1) Burnet falls to Canyon Lake or Ingram. (And even then they could still make it if Llano loses its last two.)

(2) Llano beats both Wimberley and LH.

I think (2) is somewhat more likely than (1), though the chances of either of these occurring are rather slim. Basically, if Burnet winds up tied with Llano, they're in.

If it's a three way tie for 4-2 including Wimberley (meaning Llano beats Wimberley), they would still appear to be in based on a 23 point win over Llano and a close loss to Wimberley -- and the last spot would depend on Llano's margin of victory against the Texans. At least that's what I'm assuming, without knowing the specific tie breaker for District 8.

wimbo_pro
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
HIGHLY unlikely Burnet will lose to either Canyon or Ingram. If this happens, in what would be a sad and "less-than-thunderous" way, Llano could squeak in...assuming they can beat either Wimberley (possible) or LH (improbable).