PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Smithville

GoPaStoners
10-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Any thoughts with who comes away from this game with a victory? Smithville is a greatly improved from the past years and I think have a great chance of upsetting the Buffs.. They have been doing a great job of shutting down the run and may cause some problems for the Buffs veer "O".. Giddings has always had that "Can-Do, Win" attitude.. Many good athletes in Giddings.. If people aren't on the edge of their seats during this game then I suggest everyone check for their pulse.. Good luck to both teams..

maestro
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
what are the latest standing in this district??

BOCEPHUS
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
think i'll be on the edge of my tailgate, not to fur from my ice chest...............and what in the h3ll is a ' veer O'????? and what causzes it problems?, and who wood wont to?

buff4ever
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
bocephus, for being special, you do pretty well understanding what is going on around you. Do you have someone interpreting for you?

Smithville better be improved, b/c this game hasn't been close for years.

lhpantherdad
10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I've got to root for the underdog Smithville....you never know...Maybe "Hope Floats" still with the Tigers. ;)

buff4ever
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
I've got to root for the underdog Smithville....you never know...Maybe "Hope Floats" still with the Tigers. ;)

You better consult with LHPM, she seems to be a little concerned with your power rating falling off on WOS87's system. If we lose to Smithville then your power rating will drop you guys out of the top 20 during your bye week. :D :D :D Food for thought, even though those power ratings are only fun to look at, they don't win games for anybody.

48minutes
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Haven't watched smithville play this year at all. But 38-0 against LG worries me. Are they that improved?

I still say IF the buffs can manage to hold on to the ball they will win. Defense will get it done.. its just a matter of keeping the to's to a minimum on the offensive side of the ball.

Brutus 1
10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Giddings by 28

STAggie
10-27-2008, 11:26 AM
If Giddings overlooks Smithville, Smithville will make them pay. This will be a great game, with two very similiar offenses. I am going to say Smithville by 3 just because I like the underdog.

Smithville 24
Giddings 21

Bull19
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
If Giddings overlooks Smithville, Smithville will make them pay. This will be a great game, with two very similiar offenses. I am going to say Smithville by 3 just because I like the underdog.

Smithville 24
Giddings 21 smithville rolls in this one. i got smithville by 50+

ratherbfishin
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Buffs/Tiggers...Coinflip...

On a more interesting note...Come on Bocephus, make us laugh...

BOCEPHUS
10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ratherbfishin
Buffs/Tiggers...Coinflip...

On a more interesting note...Come on Bocephus, make us laugh...

IMZ TRY'EN TO HELP BUBBA JO---DAD BLAME TIGER BEE AFTER HIM

bigYoe
10-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Smithville has improved ALOT in the past year alone... we had them in our district a few years ago when they were in their streak( losing unfortunately). I've heard some exciting news about em this year and can honestly say im proud. I take Smithville in a close one.

buff4life
10-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Smithville has had its success this year.

Giddings may finally figure out how to execute their offense without fumbling the last three quarters against lagrange...

Giddings by 14

Bull19
10-27-2008, 03:52 PM
in all seriousness if giddings plays the way they are capable of they should win easily by 14+

jrhernandez7
10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
bocephus, for being special, you do pretty well understanding what is going on around you. Do you have someone interpreting for you?

Smithville better be improved, b/c this game hasn't been close for years.

yes this game hasnt been close, and the players rember, all of them rember the thuds, they played lg angry and with a fire, i gota feeling smithville will bring the same into giddings and they better bc if they dont it could be a long game, could be a good one im a hommer so
27-28 smithville

zebrablue2
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
friday night will truly tell if the tigers have arrived. smithville by 1.

48minutes
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
They obviously HAVE ALREADY arrived, night and day compared to past years. I guess friday night will be a good test to see exactly how much they are bringing to the table. Played seally well, and stomped LG. May be a good one come friday night, on giddings homecoming. would be tough to take a loss there.

I have been reading about smithville have alot of team speed, is this true? If so, where exactly was all this speed in past few years? Are they young and just now playing varsity ball or just finally showing it off?

buff4ever
10-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Some of you posters cutting up and joking about this game are discrediting the smithville tigers. They deserve some credit, but that doesn't mean that they are ready for this caliber of a game at buffalo stadium.

Giddings will win this game.

buff4ever
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Hello? Bocephus did they not let you out today or what? I know you have your good and bad days.

Come on buff fans, talk, even if it is smack talk, If the unthinkable happens they (being everyone in central texas) will tell us to eat our crow whether we talk crap or not.

So what that means is that everyone expects us to win!

BOCEPHUS
10-29-2008, 05:33 AM
BO BEEN BUSY. DEER STAND NEED'ED WORK, SO DID SPOTLIGHT I KEEPS IN DEER STAND.

+ IS DEER SEASON NOW, FOOTBALL SEASON OVER, GOTZ NO TIME FOR ALL THIS NONSENSE

hookandladder
10-29-2008, 06:37 AM
La Grange pushed Giddings til the end however LG did it threw the air. Smithville will try to get to the ends on offense and Giddings speed will beat them, If Giddings can shut down their FB and I think they will Giddings will row. 48-21 . Smithville is an improved team however playoffs will not be just yet.

On a side note I was told if La Grange was to win out they would make the playoffs, a 3 team tie for 3rd. Anyone else heard this.

Buffgal
10-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Buffs offense showed great improvement on holding on to the ball for the last 3 quarters vs. LG. Buffs defense continues to improve. Buffs need to relax and smile a little, have some fun ......A win is a BIG W no matter the score and keeps you in the thick of things, the very playoff thing you have been sweating for since August. Buffs are truly beginning to see the argument for "strength of schedule" and how it prepares you for our strong district and playoff time.

Proud of Smithville and the perseverance of their kids and coaches. Great program going over there, and great things still to come. They are on the right track, could see it already in the younger teams a couple of years ago.

Keep it going Buffs. Halloween will be spooky and probably a little crazy @ Buff stadium but not so "out of this world" that the Tigers can take a win.

Buffs will STAND TALL, bring the WAO for 48, and draw up a game plan with a reality check for the Tigers.

Buffs by 20 plus.

bigYoe
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Buffs offense showed great improvement on holding on to the ball for the last 3 quarters vs. LG. Buffs defense continues to improve. Buffs need to relax and smile a little, have some fun ......A win is a BIG W no matter the score and keeps you in the thick of things, the very playoff thing you have been sweating for since August. Buffs are truly beginning to see the argument for "strength of schedule" and how it prepares you for our strong district and playoff time.

Proud of Smithville and the perseverance of their kids and coaches. Great program going over there, and great things still to come. They are on the right track, could see it already in the younger teams a couple of years ago.

Keep it going Buffs. Halloween will be spooky and probably a little crazy @ Buff stadium but not so "out of this world" that the Tigers can take a win.

Buffs will STAND TALL, bring the WAO for 48, and draw up a game plan with a reality check for the Tigers.

Buffs by 20 plus.

Good Post, Love to see someone with that much Pride in their team. Good post Buffgal good post. Giddings is always a strong team and we've had our fights at Yoe field and in Giddings right there off the highway. Buffs come ready to play and will put it to Smithville but honestly im proud of smithville to actually take time to practice for football this year and not worry only on basketball. Make it a good game guys

1st and goal
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
If Giddings can hold onto the ball and execute, they should win. I saw some downfield blocking last week that I haven't seen so much in earlier games. If we keep gelling a bit better each game, we can hold our own destiny in the playoffs.

Smithville, whatever happens, you guys at least have everyone else talking and wondering about you. You have shown this district that you can play at this level. Keep it up.

48minutes
10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
nothing to it.

Its pretty simple, buffs win if they play buffalo football. The only way buffs lose this game is by beating themselves. Smithville is improved, but not THAT improved. Giddings by alot.

1st and goal
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I am very worried about a more than capable Smithville Tiger team. I think the tiger/leopard thread went away too quickly. Nobody explained "HOW" the tigers proceeded to shred the Leps.

Smithville -Lagrange thread.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87776&perpage=40&pagenumber=2m

I remember 2 or 3 years ago after the Buffs put it on the Tigers, their coach made the whole team stand along the sidelines in respect as the Buffs left the field. Maybe he wanted them to get a good long look at who just whooped 'em so they could remember it for this year???

buff4ever
10-30-2008, 10:21 PM
it's no secret that the smithville boys and coaches would love to beat giddings if even by 1 point. They will atleast come out with every single bit of want to and intention to get after our but and win this game. If we can hold that surge off and not turn the ball over, manage to pull out even by two scores; they may just crumble as they have in the past few years.

That is what I expect.

Pudlugger
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
If Giddings goes into this game with the idea that they are going to win easily because they are the better team they well may get beat. Smithville is not your big brothers Smithville this year. To beat the Tigers means you must want it more. The Leps went in like they deserved to win and got beat up so badly they hardly could find their way back into the locker room. It was ugly. The Leps received a big dose of Smithville payback when the Tigers opened their family size can of whup ass on them. If the Buffs are not worried they better be. The Buffs will need to play their best to win. Smithville is a very good playoff caliber team and if they were in a less competitive district would probably go at least two rounds deep in Region IV. If they beat the Buffs they just might do that.

Buffgal
11-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Game ball, how about five of them, to Xavier Daniels. Smithville completed a couple of passes but the rest were all to #12. Outstanding job, great agressive play XMan..

Buffs looked like the real Buffs last night even with all the substitutions at various positions. Great game QB Masek.

Smithville played aggressively and hard but were no match for Giddings speed. Smithville's #1 defense in the district will suffer some damage from the posting of this game's stats.

Refs were very flag happy. :mad: I should say one ref, not all of them and was very biased against Buffs re: personal fouls. He blatantly disregarded many committed by the Tigers that were more than pushing after the whistle. I realize that football is a battle and a contact sport but the referees should take their responsibility seriously and use those flags to have a safe contest and not let somebody get out of hand. Either team.:mad:

Let's get ready for Columbus.

1st and goal
11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I got to the game with 10 minutes left before the half.

The Buffs played hard. The thing I liked the best was the offense' ability to overcome the penalties. Yes, we had to punt 2-3 times but then the Defense took care of business. I couldn't tell what was happening in the trenches but the ref's got flag happy against Giddings. Sure wished I'd had my binoculars. I'll get the real Lowdown from one of the linemen's dad.