PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:05 PM
If you guys want to make the playoffs, you need to find a defense.

Seems like you guys can put up tons of points, but can't stop anybody.

Just an outsider's opinion.

popcorn screen
10-26-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree. you cant outscore everyone. I guess Graham showed them that aspect. I wonder if the defection of the safety had that much of an effect on their def?

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Yea, but this isn't the first game.

My guess is, Vacarro (sp.) was their best player on D and also their heart of the Defense.

Granted he isn't going to alone make their D that much better, but he would have made everyone else better and gave them some life.

Seemed kind of demoralizing to the club if you ask me.

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If you guys want to make the playoffs, you need to find a defense.

Wow, great idea! I wish when Graham put up 59 on us we would have realized that on our on!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Wow, great idea! I wish when Graham put up 59 on us we would have realized that on our on! A bit touchy eh?

Lol man, just an outsider's opinion.

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
A bit touchy eh?

Lol man, just an outsider's opinion.

Na... just playing with ya. In all honesty, look at every game we have played and you can tell we have a defensive problem. Not sure why, the talent seems to be there, we just are not getting the job done.

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Na... just playing with ya. In all honesty, look at every game we have played and you can tell we have a defensive problem. Not sure why, the talent seems to be there, we just are not getting the job done. Missed tackles?
Getting burnt?
Missed assignments?
Dominated up front?

A combination of those?

WC has the opposite problem. We have a pretty good defense.... we just can't score much.... so I feel your pain. ;)

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Actualy from an uneducated fan point of few, the missed tackles seems to be the majority of it. Seems like more times than not, we get to the runner in the backfield but never make the tackles.

It is frustrating when you care so much about your team. This is my daughters senior year and these kids are like family to me. I have known them most of there lifes. It hurts to see them hurt!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Actualy from an uneducated fan point of few, the missed tackles seems to be the majority of it. Seems like more times than not, we get to the runner in the backfield but never make the tackles.

It is frustrating when you care so much about your team. This is my daughters senior year and these kids are like family to me. I have known them most of there lifes. It hurts to see them hurt! Ah, gotcha. Maybe Rocket, with his unending knowledge, can enlighten us with an "educated" POV.

:eek: :devil: ;)

Trashman
10-26-2008, 12:53 PM
We seemed to have develped turnoveritis as well.:D