PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Penn State

popcorn screen
10-25-2008, 10:37 PM
if both run the table, this would be a marquee match up. So, who wins?

Maroon87
10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
if both run the table, this would be a marquee match up. So, who wins?

Texas has far too much work to do to even begin to think about this game.

But if it happens, Texas wins easily IMO. Too many weapons on both sides of the ball.

popcorn screen
10-25-2008, 10:41 PM
just a hypo question. The UT & Tech matchup is pretty good in its own right. But on the big stage, Jo Pa and Mack's teams are very high profile.

Maroon87
10-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
just a hypo question. The UT & Tech matchup is pretty good in its own right. But on the big stage, Jo Pa and Mack's teams are very high profile.

True, but I saw nothing tonight (or the season to this point) that leads me to believe that PSU can beat anyone high profile outside the Big 10.

ctownlegend
10-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
True, but I saw nothing tonight (or the season to this point) that leads me to believe that PSU can beat anyone high profile outside the Big 10.

I'm a huge Texas fan but PSU's Defense has gained my respect. They aren't going to overpower anyone on offense like a mizzou tech or oklahoma, but with their defense they can play with anyone in the Nation.

I think this thread is a little too early though. Texas still has to get past Tech and they play three games against lesser teams that will be looking to ruin all of Texas' national championship dreams. Then of course they'll have to win the BIG XII Championship game...so...till a long road ahead of these Longhorns

coach
10-26-2008, 01:01 AM
what if bama runs the table?