PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny vs Brookshire

2 krunk
10-25-2008, 06:27 PM
What does brookshire have?? The columbia Game was a real surprise to me. Can the blue Dogs of Sweeney play with them????

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
What does brookshire have?? The columbia Game was a real surprise to me. Can the blue Dogs of Sweeney play with them???? Oh, the Dogs can play. No doubt.

BR has a very mobile QB who can eat up some yards on the ground. They also love to throw the Fade. So, don;t get burnt by #12. He's VERY athletic and big.

They have a ball hawking defense with the safeties playing in the box alot. They BLITZED the crap out of us and were in our backfield almost every play. OUR QB got sacked about 6 times.

The Spread offense Sweeny runs should help them alot with that. We ran our from under center the whole game, with the exception of a few plays. EVEN IN THE 4th QT when we were down. :rolleyes:

If Hornback is efficient and you can run the ball half as well as you did gainst Needville and play average D, you should come away with a W.

Good luck to the Dogs.

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 06:34 PM
What does brookshire have?? The columbia Game was a real surprise to me. Can the blue Dogs of Sweeney play with them????

I was surprised at this one as well. We played Brookshire and had them 21-0 until the fourth quarter when the "D" apparently "fell asleep". Just goes to show you, don't ever take anyone for granted.

Their passing game is what got them back in the game with us...

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
I was surprised at this one as well. We played Brookshire and had them 21-0 until the fourth quarter when the "D" apparently "fell asleep". Just goes to show you, don't ever take anyone for granted.

Their passing game is what got them back in the game with us... Our game went like this.

Columbia FG (37 yds)3-0

Brookshire Royal TD 7-3

Columbia TD (1 yd run) 10-7

Brookshire Royal TD 14-10

Halftime

Brooshire Royal TD (QB Run 20+ yds After a Columbia fumble on a Punt Return) 21-10

Brookshire Royal TD (Pick6) 28-10

Columbia TD (17 yd pass)(2 point Conversion) 28-18

Final

JDOG
10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Sweeny35 BR 33. I think it will be a track meet, but he Dogs will come out on top.

Astro2
10-26-2008, 11:46 PM

It was a surprise to me as well....especially after I heard they played without 4 starters...

Crasher
10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
BR was without starting tailback, starting middle linebacker, starting slot receiver and starting DE at the WC game. They also lost theirs Starting QB during the sealy game to injury and he still hasnt played yet. They lost their #1 tailback after week 2 also. He still isnt back. . They have had to deal with alot of issues, but they work hard and press on. the coaches are doing a good job there...The atmosphere is totally different . Coach Walthall and company have done well.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
BR was without starting tailback, starting middle linebacker, starting slot receiver and starting DE at the WC game. They also lost theirs Starting QB during the sealy game to injury and he still hasnt played yet. They lost their #1 tailback after week 2 also. He still isnt back. . They have had to deal with alot of issues, but they work hard and press on. the coaches are doing a good job there...The atmosphere is totally different . Coach Walthall and company have done well. If this is true, then that's impressive. The QB they have now, #15 is pretty dang good at running.

Also, #12 and #11 wR's are pretty good as well.

#6 and #20 defensively are pretty darn good as well.

Crasher
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
its true. #15 and the former starter #1 are ranked #2 and #3 in passing yards in the district stats....#1 is a junior and hurt his thumb at Sealy . . He returned for a few snaps at bellville until he hurt it again.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
its true. #15 and the former starter #1 are ranked #2 and #3 in passing yards in the district stats....#1 is a junior and hurt his thumb at Sealy . . He returned for a few snaps at bellville until he hurt it again. Well, the falloff wasn't too bad at Qb. #15 is a good ball player.

He can come play at WC whenever he wants to. :D

I do agree, they could have used a bit of help at the RB position though. Seemed to have needed a bit more talent there.

I don't think a slot receiver would have made any difference in this game. They ahve 2 receivers more than capable of getting the job done.

A DE out? Hm. That could have caused even more problems for us upfront. We had a hell of a time stopping the blitz. Our Qb needs to learn what a hot read is.

Seems like they put 9 guys in the box every play and we couldn;t make them pay in the passing game.

Like I said, Sweeny's spread offense should help them alot in that regard.

Crasher
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
athletically there wasnt much of a dropoff to the #2 QB. but it does take a few weeks to get the kid up to speed to play the position. That is just normal in the transition. He made alot of mistakes the first couple of games. Fumbles, int's, etc.

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
athletically there wasnt much of a dropoff to the #2 QB. but it does take a few weeks to get the kid up to speed to play the position. That is just normal in the transition. He made alot of mistakes the first couple of games. Fumbles, int's, etc. He played much better against us.

That one INT we had was nbo fault of y'alls QB..... it was just a helluva catch defensively. I swear he was 10ft in the air.

R4Editor
10-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I like Sweeny in this one, by 10+

Astro2
10-28-2008, 08:08 AM
I'll take Royal. Since the 2nd half of their first district game their offense has been rolling....their defense has been solid all year. This one will be a dog fight but I think the Falcons will pull it out.

Crasher
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
He played much better against us.

That one INT we had was nbo fault of y'alls QB..... it was just a helluva catch defensively. I swear he was 10ft in the air.

That DB kid made an amazing catch. The receiver looked at his hands and couldnt believe the ball wasnt there. he thought he was going to the house. It was a great play.

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
That DB kid made an amazing catch. The receiver looked at his hands and couldnt believe the ball wasnt there. he thought he was going to the house. It was a great play.

Thats cause lil Pancho is a chip off the old block.

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Thats cause lil Pancho is a chip off the old block. Yep. That was little Pancho who made that catch. Also had a TD catch too.

Played a heck of a game for the Necks.

I wish we could get a video of that ctach, maybe he has it on his myspace.

Could you ask him if he got a video if it?