PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Brownwood

Pages : [1] 2

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Here ya go Red,

STANG RED
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Moved this over from the other thread without a poll.

Our offense has to hold on to the ball for two reasons. First we have to get more points on the board than we have of late, and second we have to keep it out of the Bwood O hands as much as possible. Our D is playing really well right now and has proven they can get into any QBs face and keep him on the run. But our O has got to quit sputtering, and start hitting on all cylinders.
IF IF IF we hang on to the ball, keep playing great D, and the O starts producing like they can, we will win. No doubt Bwood will score some, so the O has really got to show up and play well.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Here ya go Red,

Thank you. For some reason it wouldn't let me.:mad:

Btw I voted for Sweetwater.:D

I imagine every Snyder poster is going to too.:devil:

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I figured you would, I was just kidding. If you are like me I will vote for my team no matter who they are playing or what there odds are!

garciap77
10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Our offense has to hold on to the ball for two reasons. First we have to get more points on the board than we have of late, and second we have to keep it out of the Bwood O hands as much as possible. Our D is playing really well right now and has proven they can get into any QBs face and keep him on the run. But our O has got to quit sputtering, and start hitting on all cylinders.
IF IF IF we hang on to the ball, keep playing great D, and the O starts producing like they can, we will win. No doubt Bwood will score some, so the O has really got to show up and play well.

Originally posted by garciap77
Sweetwater key to success is not fumbling the ball!

Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
WOW Captain Obvious!!!! thanks for that lil bit of knowledge!!!!! JK!!! buddy

You're welcome
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dosequistin.jpg

:p

:D

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 02:33 PM

I agree. We've got to get all the pressure we can on Pachall with
our front four and send a LB every now and then. It'll be
interesting to so how Pachall will react to getting a few solid
hits on him like McCoy and Snyder's QB. I was really impressed
with Snyder's QB(I could kick myself for not remembering his name).
He kept getting hit and jumping right up for the most part. For
those of you that haven't seen him, he's about 5'7' and 140 Lbs.

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I agree. We've got to get all the pressure we can on Pachall with
our front four and send a LB every now and then. It'll be
interesting to so how Pachall will react to getting a few solid
hits on him like McCoy and Snyder's QB. I was really impressed
with Snyder's QB(I could kick myself for not remembering his name).
He kept getting hit and jumping right up for the most part. For
those of you that haven't seen him, he's about 5'7' and 140 Lbs.

I hate to admit it but I just voted for Sweetwater over Brownwood and even the vote. The quarterback is Jesse Conner, who also was the starting catcher on the 2008 STATE champion baseball team.

STANG RED
10-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I hate to admit it but I just voted for Sweetwater over Brownwood and even the vote. The quarterback is Jesse Conner, who also was the starting catcher on the 2008 STATE champion baseball team.

Jesse Conner is a great kid and a great athlete! Isnt he just a junior?

How Tiger Baseball managed to spawn such a fine young man is beyond me????????? Must have a helluva momma I guess.:taunt: :p :stirpot: :evillol:

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 02:44 PM

How Tiger Baseball managed to spawn such a fine young man is beyond me????????? Must have a helluva momma I guess.:taunt: :p :stirpot: :evillol:

He's a senior. Jesse does take more from his mother.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 02:49 PM

He's Tiger Baseball's boy?:doh:

Man, I've got to start paying more attention.:nerd:

Bubba-Joe
10-25-2008, 03:07 PM
snyder is praying and lighting candles in the hopes that SWEETWATER will do what snyder can't
that is beat Brownwood,

however, if Brownwood were to win, the question now becomes can snyder even make the playoffs?????

Sweetwater 3-0
Wylie 3-0

snyder 1-2
Brownwood 1-2
Graham 1-2
Breck 0-3

Sweetwater has Brownwood and Wylie left
Wylie has Graham and Sweetwater left
Brownwood has Sweetwater and snyder left
snyder has Breck and Brownwood
Graham has Wylie and Breck
Breck has snyder and Graham

the fly in the mix is Graham sittin at 1-2 a Graham win over Wylie (althought unlikely) puts them at 2-2 facing a real shot at 3-2 with a win over Breck and losses to Sweetwater and snyder

snyder with losses to both Sweetwater and wylie has the task of beating Breck (which should happen) puts them at 2-2 with losses to both Sweetwater and Wylie then they face Brownwood for a playoff shot on the line......????

Brownwood get Sweetwater a win puts em back in the hunt at 2-2 and then a meeting with snyder with playoff implications.

Breck is out but could be the spoiler - a win in either of thier remaing games knocks out whoever they beat.... snyder of Graham

IF Bubba has the figured right which truthfully at this point has me completely confused,
Bottom line
Sweetwater and Wylie should be in 3 wins gets you in right???
snyder Brownwood and Graham all fightin for the 3rd spot.....
somebody with a PHD check this post please

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2008, 03:16 PM
We played sweetwater pretty tough, and we played BWood really tough as well. Swater beat us, and I think Swater will give Bwood some fits.

popcorn screen
10-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Brownwood needs to find a Defense. Lots of points scored on them this year. Sweetwater in a close one.

DOS EQUIS
10-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
snyder is praying and lighting candles in the hopes that SWEETWATER will do what snyder can't
that is beat Brownwood,

however, if Brownwood were to win, the question now becomes can snyder even make the playoffs?????

Sweetwater 3-0
Wylie 3-0

snyder 1-2
Brownwood 1-2
Graham 1-2
Breck 0-3

Sweetwater has Brownwood and Wylie left
Wylie has Graham and Sweetwater left
Brownwood has Sweetwater and snyder left
snyder has Breck and Brownwood
Graham has Wylie and Breck
Breck has snyder and Graham

the fly in the mix is Graham sittin at 1-2 a Graham win over Wylie (althought unlikely) puts them at 2-2 facing a real shot at 3-2 with a win over Breck and losses to Sweetwater and snyder

snyder with losses to both Sweetwater and wylie has the task of beating Breck (which should happen) puts them at 2-2 with losses to both Sweetwater and Wylie then they face Brownwood for a playoff shot on the line......????

Brownwood get Sweetwater a win puts em back in the hunt at 2-2 and then a meeting with snyder with playoff implications.

Breck is out but could be the spoiler - a win in either of thier remaing games knocks out whoever they beat.... snyder of Graham

IF Bubba has the figured right which truthfully at this point has me completely confused,
Bottom line
Sweetwater and Wylie should be in 3 wins gets you in right???
snyder Brownwood and Graham all fightin for the 3rd spot.....
somebody with a PHD check this post please

Bubba-Joe.....Does your head hurt after all that thinking?

Who-dun-it!!?
10-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Sweetwater's D is very fast. I think they will keep Brownwood in Check and stop the run. If Brownwood wins it will be through the air. I think Brownwood is a better passing team than Snyder, and Sweetwater should have picked off almost every pass Snyder threw last night. Sweetwater stopped Snyder's run. If we had a better passing game, it may have been a different outcome. Bottom line, every game left is important, and should be very competitive.

DOS EQUIS
10-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Sweetwater's D is very fast. I think they will keep Brownwood in Check and stop the run. If Brownwood wins it will be through the air. I think Brownwood is a better passing team than Snyder, and Sweetwater should have picked off almost every pass Snyder threw last night. Sweetwater stopped Snyder's run. If we had a better passing game, it may have been a different outcome. Bottom line, every game left is important, and should be very competitive.

I've seen both Graham's and Brownwood's passing game. I was more impressed with Grahams. Difference is Brownwood has a few 6ft+ kids that can catch and run. I just hope Sweetwater's D can get to the QB before he throws.

shackina
10-25-2008, 04:27 PM
how many times did you have to uncap Snyder? that was the hard part right?? no phd needed

Who-dun-it!!?
10-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I've seen both Graham's and Brownwood's passing game. I was more impressed with Grahams. Difference is Brownwood has a few 6ft+ kids that can catch and run. I just hope Sweetwater's D can get to the QB before he throws.

I think we were counting on being able to get to the outside and break away. Obviously Sweetwater knew that. Our passing game could have been successful I think if we would have stuck to short passes instead of desperation passes. I felt like Sweetwater should have been able to pick off several of those passes, but because of there success in stopping our running game, and our less then excellent passing game, Sweetwater's gameplan worked out perfectly.

Coach Jackson is gonna be well prepared for Brownwood the same way he was for Snyder. I think this one will be close, but I give the slight edge to Brownwood just because I think they should be able to throw the ball well. A Sweetwater win will not suprise me in the least though. That D is very fast.

Bubba-Joe
10-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by shackina
how many times did you have to uncap Snyder? that was the hard part right?? no phd needed

UNCAP snider
oh I get it
you are offended, of course
dirty water or cesspool or nastywater sewerwater all those are acceptable.
pictures of footballs bouncing off uprights ect........

How long you been here?

snider and Sweetwater has been a topic for a long time

Most posters understand its just a part of the deal

I guess I could just post
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-7
14-714-7
14-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-714-7
a whole bunch of times

garciap77
10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
High scoring game Brownwood wins!

Low scoring game Sweetwater wins!

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 11:07 PM
High scoring game Brownwood wins!

Low scoring game Sweetwater wins!

:iagree: But, I am praying for a high scoring game!

garciap77
10-25-2008, 11:12 PM
I would like to hear some input from Rocket on this one! He really knows Brownwood football!

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Won't happen. My "friend" in Vegas has the over/under at thirty points. Yes, after Las Vegas heard about the new little SWC, they started making odds for the district :D

Lion_Addict
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Won't happen. My "friend" in Vegas has the over/under at thirty points. Yes, after Las Vegas heard about the new little SWC, they started making odds for the district :D

Ummmm.....sorry my lil Red friend, but we'll put up at least 42 ;) . Brownwood's backs against the wall....must win. I'm gonna go with the Lions really being up for this one.

Brownwood 49
Sweetwater 28

Hey.....I do predict a MUCH better game than last year at least :D

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 01:06 AM

This game will come down to whoever scores the most...THE END.

I don't think Sweetwaters LB's will have such easy access to Pachall.

Brownwood has a great O-line and serval college recruits from what i've heard.

Brownwoods D is also not very strong either. I have to go with Brownwood on this one.

Lions 56
Mustangs 38

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 01:08 AM

There is no doubt in my mind at all that this won't be a high scoreing ball game...the mustangs won't stop the pass with a STUD QB and STUD WR's.

nobogey72
10-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by ZOHAN
There is no doubt in my mind at all that this won't be a high scoreing ball game...the mustangs won't stop the pass with a STUD QB and STUD WR's.

You may be right, but Brownwood hasn't played anyone yet that has the pure speed and athletic ability at DB that Sweetwater will have. Sweetwater has the DB's that are capable of playing press man to man on Taylor and Miller and disrupt the timing. Taylor, Miller, and Pachall's ability is obvious and this is why it should be a great matchup. Where is the game?????

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Played in Brownwood this year.

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 09:06 AM

Hey, I think I met that when I went to Vegas in June... he was the one passing out those cards out on the street.... right?

ivchris
10-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Sweetwater by 10

DU_stud04
10-26-2008, 09:48 AM
This game will come down to whoever scores the most...THE END.
isnt that how EVERY game is decided? :doh:

ive heard alot this year that the lbers wont have easy access to the qb, but it seems every week the qb is hammered by them...time after time.

you speak like you have so much knowledge of brownwood but only post on speculation and what people have said.

if sweetwater wants to win this game they've got to get to pachall early in the game and get in his head. ive seen how he gets when under pressure and then gets into his "lock-on" which will defiantly help out the secondary for the mustangs and hopefully get a few picks with his narrowed vision.

brownwood knows sweetwater is going to run the ball every play, lets see if the defense shows up and can stop the many backs sweetwater brings with the bone.

fumbleitis continued this last week against snyder, something sweetwater defiantly has to fix, and surprised a team hasn't taken full advantage of it, yet. a few bad pitches giving the ball to your opponents inside your 35 2 times in a game is just asking for a loss.

if pachall has his time to throw, this will be a very high scoring game, if not i see sweetwater winning by controlling the game clock like lavega did against them.

grahampaw
10-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok I know I will get hammered by Brownwood fans but since it was brought up.You hit it right on the head,in the second half our outside linebackers had a unblocked path to the QB and it was like a differant player.All the talk I have heard about the D-1 talent on that line is probably true but there was a lack of husstle,not from all but from some.This is going to sound funny but watching some of the Brownwood lineman come on the field before the game and between series didnt show alot of fire.Grahams line was alot more scrappy and alot more on their game.The key for Sweetater may not be go threw them but go around them.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey, I think I met that when I went to Vegas in June... he was the one passing out those cards out on the street.... right?

The first time I went to Vegas with some friends, we're walking
down the strip and guys kept handing us "flyers". At first we
we're like woohoo give us another one of those.:devil:

By the second day we're telling all of them no thanks. :hand:
The novelty had worn off quickly.

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 11:43 AM
The first time I went to Vegas with some friends, we're walking
down the strip and guys kept handing us "flyers". At first we
we're like woohoo give us another one of those.:devil:

By the second day we're telling all of them no thanks. :hand:
The novelty had worn off quickly.

This was my first trip to Vegas and I really did not know what was going on. After I figured out they were flipping the cards to make noice because they were not allowed to talk to you about it... I started having a little fun. I would stop and take a card, look at it and say.. no, I was with this one last night, give me another. They still could not talk to me so they would just hand me another card.. which of course had the same model on the cover. I would abuse one for a minute then move to there buddy.. it was fun for me but the girl I was with got a little ticked at me when I kept asking her "honey, do you like this one". Did not take long for security to ask me to move along. But they (security) did get a chuckle out of it for a bit.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 11:58 AM
This was my first trip to Vegas and I really did know what was going on. After I figured out they were flipping the cards to make noice because they were not allowed to talk to you about it... I started having a little fun. I would stop and take a card, look at it and say.. no, I was with this one last night, give me another. They still could not talk to me so they would just hand me another card.. which of course had the same model on the cover. I would abuse one for a minute then move to there buddy.. it was fun for me but the girl I was with got a little ticked at me when I kept asking her "honey, do you like this one". Did not take long for security to ask me to move along. But they (security) did get a chuckle out of it for a bit.

Funny story.:clap: :D

wtfootball
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Sweetwater will go 0-2 to end the season. From now to December is when it counts. Like we used to say, Big Red is....uh deceased.

DU_stud04
10-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Sweetwater will go 0-2 to end the season. From now to December is when it counts. Like we used to say, Big Red is....uh deceased. http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/_V2G8429-wf-1.jpg

how did that go for yall?

garciap77
10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/_V2G8429-wf-1.jpg

how did that go for yall?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DOS EQUIS
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM
isnt that how EVERY game is decided? :doh:

ive heard alot this year that the lbers wont have easy access to the qb, but it seems every week the qb is hammered by them...time after time.

you speak like you have so much knowledge of brownwood but only post on speculation and what people have said.

if sweetwater wants to win this game they've got to get to pachall early in the game and get in his head. ive seen how he gets when under pressure and then gets into his "lock-on" which will defiantly help out the secondary for the mustangs and hopefully get a few picks with his narrowed vision.

brownwood knows sweetwater is going to run the ball every play, lets see if the defense shows up and can stop the many backs sweetwater brings with the bone.

fumbleitis continued this last week against snyder, something sweetwater defiantly has to fix, and surprised a team hasn't taken full advantage of it, yet. a few bad pitches giving the ball to your opponents inside your 35 2 times in a game is just asking for a loss.

if pachall has his time to throw, this will be a very high scoring game, if not i see sweetwater winning by controlling the game clock like lavega did against them.

Finally someone who know what they are talking about. :) Sweetwater has shown that they can stop or slow the run game(Snyder) and has also shown the ability to defend against the passing game(Graham). Sweetwaters defense will be ready for this one. I just wonder if the Bwood QB will be able to get up after being planted in the turf a few times from the LB's

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I just wonder if the Bwood QB will be able to get up after being planted in the turf a few times from the LB's

Oh yeah! Talk that kinda crap when you're not even going to be
at the game let alone the M&G. :thinking: :devil:

DOS EQUIS
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah! Talk that kinda crap when you're not even going to be
at the game let alone the M&G. :thinking: :devil:

You are saying that I talk crap and don't show up to the M&G's? Sounds like a few posters on here. :rolleyes: Hey bud I know where you live, I know where you work, I got friends in the cement business if you know what I mean. Have a nice day :devil:

Hey I am trying to change the schedule so back off!!!!

GetRDoneStangs
10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Finally someone who know what they are talking about. :) Sweetwater has shown that they can stop or slow the run game(Snyder) and has also shown the ability to defend against the passing game(Graham). Sweetwaters defense will be ready for this one. I just wonder if the Bwood QB will be able to get up after being planted in the turf a few times from the LB's

Good pont.....Lets hope we can hit him a few times and have to think about #19 or #24 having to pick him up from the turf, oh yea I almost forgot #15 can hit pretty good as well. bwood has shown they can move the ball...I will take those 6 minute drives (start of 2nd half vs snyder).... to keep him off the field!

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM

You are right STANG RED, he got hit so many times but kept jumping back up, really impressed me.

You could tell he was really banged up at the end but kept performing.

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 03:33 PM

I picked my Mustangs over Brownwood but I honestly think they will lose the next two games.

Might get lucky against Brownwood but Wylie will go undefeated and take the district title.

ZOHAN
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
If the LB's can bust Pachall in the mouth a few times then they should put some fear in him like they did Snyder.

Casey Pachall Profile (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66484&sport=1)

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I picked my Mustangs over Brownwood but I honestly think they will lose the next two games.

I thought Aledo was the Bearcats? :thinking: :thinking:

DU_stud04
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought Aledo was the Bearcats? :thinking: :thinking: you are correct :thumbsup:

Rocket
10-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Ok I know I will get hammered by Brownwood fans but since it was brought up.You hit it right on the head,in the second half our outside linebackers had a unblocked path to the QB and it was like a differant player.All the talk I have heard about the D-1 talent on that line is probably true but there was a lack of husstle,not from all but from some.This is going to sound funny but watching some of the Brownwood lineman come on the field before the game and between series didnt show alot of fire.Grahams line was alot more scrappy and alot more on their game.The key for Sweetater may not be go threw them but go around them.

Graham played a great game against Brownwood. But don't get too high on that horse just yet. Graham is capable of making noise, why haven't they yet? Graham played way above themselves last week and our defense didn't hurt ya at all. We gave you 13 to start off the game with blown coverages. You need to realize your team played a mistake free perfect game and that is what won it for you. Oh yeah and the momentum decider with the blown fumble call by the refs which was a huge difference maker. Yes, Brownwood couldn't stop Graham, but its not like Graham is all world just yet. Taking nothing away from Graham, but to beat Brownwood they played a prefect game and I highly doubt they will repeat it. They could and good luck to ya on doing it, but that is JMO. Graham deserved the victory, we just didn't play to win. We were also without Shelby Miller, which hurt our kicking game and took away our 2nd Big option at receiver.

I love the bone and I fear it. If Brownwood can get 4 stops on Sweetwater, whether by punt or fumble, Brownwood will win. I am sure that Sweetwater has the DB's to run with our WR's, but are they disciplined enough for the complex routes? That is the question. The pattern I see with Brownwood vs. most teams is the Defense not being able to stop us in the beginning, and this will put alot of pressure on Sweetwater early if we can get some stops early and go up on them. The problem with Brownwood is the immense pressure to score every time we have the ball, and that is where you see the pressure on Pachall take effect. Our defense will have to play better football or we won't win. Period. The good thing is the fact that we can concentrate on the run, but Sweetwater should do some damage there.

The score wil be:

Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 31

DU_stud04
10-26-2008, 03:58 PM

14. Snyder
18. Sweetwater

you follow the mustangs.... yet, still put snyder over them, even after sweetwater won? :doh: you're too much

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
you follow the mustangs.... yet, still put snyder over them, even after sweetwater won? :doh: you're too much
GMTA! :devil: (check the "random comments" thread)

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
If the LB's can bust Pachall in the mouth a few times then they should put some fear in him like they did Snyder.

Casey Pachall Profile (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66484&sport=1)

:tisk:

I appreciate you showing support for Sweetwater, but Snyder's
undersized QB got up and was ready for more after every play.

I can't say the same for 2 or 3 big QB's we've seen this year.

DU_stud04
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
GMTA! :devil: (check the "random comments" thread) ahhh very well...(i still beat you though :p ) (yes, i saw your post before it was edited)

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
ahhh very well...(i still beat you though :p ) (yes, i saw your post before it was edited)

:mad: Yeah, you did. :p

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
:mad: Yeah, you did. :p

So, you're faster than me and Du_stud is faster than you today.
:thinking: :D

Stownhorse
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Graham played a great game against Brownwood. But don't get too high on that horse just yet. Graham is capable of making noise, why haven't they yet? Graham played way above themselves last week and our defense didn't hurt ya at all. We gave you 13 to start off the game with blown coverages. You need to realize your team played a mistake free perfect game and that is what won it for you. Oh yeah and the momentum decider with the blown fumble call by the refs which was a huge difference maker. Yes, Brownwood couldn't stop Graham, but its not like Graham is all world just yet. Taking nothing away from Graham, but to beat Brownwood they played a prefect game and I highly doubt they will repeat it. They could and good luck to ya on doing it, but that is JMO. Graham deserved the victory, we just didn't play to win. We were also without Shelby Miller, which hurt our kicking game and took away our 2nd Big option at receiver.

I love the bone and I fear it. If Brownwood can get 4 stops on Sweetwater, whether by punt or fumble, Brownwood will win. I am sure that Sweetwater has the DB's to run with our WR's, but are they disciplined enough for the complex routes? That is the question. The pattern I see with Brownwood vs. most teams is the Defense not being able to stop us in the beginning, and this will put alot of pressure on Sweetwater early if we can get some stops early and go up on them. The problem with Brownwood is the immense pressure to score every time we have the ball, and that is where you see the pressure on Pachall take effect. Our defense will have to play better football or we won't win. Period. The good thing is the fact that we can concentrate on the run, but Sweetwater should do some damage there.

The score wil be:

Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 31

Good margin on your score, but I doubt they score in the 30's.

Maybe 20's, but Jackson will work clock the whole game. Typical Jackson. Its a good concept if you have the defense to hold you a lead. As well as an offense that can get you the lead without TURNOVERS.

DOS EQUIS
10-26-2008, 04:34 PM

The score wil be:

Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 31

Complex routes? How can they catch the ball when the quarterback is laying on his back wondering what the hell just hit him.

Rocket
10-26-2008, 05:09 PM
We'll see....

Stownhorse
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
We'll see....

Hey Rocket, do the two 6' receivers run many deep routes? I was just wondering because against Wylie it seemed like they ran short simple routes. I dont know if it was just because they were giving them such a big cushion on the outside or what. They never really effected them when they went deep.

RedWhiteBlue
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM

The score wil be:

Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 31
Oh, dear Rocket. First of all, the reason Graham won is because you guys are not as good as you have hyped yourselves up to be all season. I am sorry to be the one to point that out to you, but the truth is the truth.
Your defense stinks. Graham won because we played well, but not perfect. We had both of our RB's back from injuries, which we did not have the 2 weeks prior. If we had both of them full strength against Snyder and Swater things may have been different. Our boys have worked hard to improve and improve they have. It was not a fluke that we won, it wasn't the officiating, it wasn't something they ate or the underwear they wore that day- it was because our boys just flat outplayed them.:D Now I'm done. Are you?
Is this game in Swater or Brownwood?

grahampaw
10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Rocket,if you read my post and your responce we are basicly saying the same thing.By no means was I saying in my post that Graham was world beaters,I was mearly pointing out that you guys were outplayed in places you should dominate.Believe me everyone in Graham knows what we are a 2-8 team fighting to keep the season going.

grahampaw
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
my bad I meant 2-6 I hope we dont end up 2-8

Rocket
10-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Oh, dear Rocket. First of all, the reason Graham won is because you guys are not as good as you have hyped yourselves up to be all season. I am sorry to be the one to point that out to you, but the truth is the truth.
Your defense stinks. Graham won because we played well, but not perfect. We had both of our RB's back from injuries, which we did not have the 2 weeks prior. If we had both of them full strength against Snyder and Swater things may have been different. Our boys have worked hard to improve and improve they have. It was not a fluke that we won, it wasn't the officiating, it wasn't something they ate or the underwear they wore that day- it was because our boys just flat outplayed them.:D Now I'm done. Are you?
Is this game in Swater or Brownwood?

Yep, I am done. I can't have an opinion that you played way above yourself? LOL How many more games did you go turnover free and score 59? Thought so. You guys were clicking and played a great game on Friday night, not arguing with that one bit. Graham outplayed Brownwood.

Maybe you guys aren't as good as you played Friday night? We'll see. Maybe we aren't as bad as we played Friday night, we'll see. That is my point.

DaHop72
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I thought Aledo was the Bearcats? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Once again I'm puzzled. In the chat ZOHAN told me he had never seen a 3A game but thought the Sweetwater-Snyder was a good one for his first game. He's never meet DU_Stud but spotted him in the middle of a packed Sweetwater section in Snyder and now the Mustangs are "his" team. He was also going to be at the Meet and Greet in his Aledo Bearcat t-shirt.:thinking: Well, I think maybe half of that was right. Things that make you go hummm.:clap: :clap: :doh:

DaHop72
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, I am done. I can't have an opinion that you played way above yourself? LOL How many more games did you go turnover free and score 59? Thought so. You guys were clicking and played a great game on Friday night, not arguing with that one bit. Graham outplayed Brownwood.

Maybe you guys aren't as good as you played Friday night? We'll see. Maybe we aren't as bad as we played Friday night, we'll see. That is my point. It seems like whoever the Lions play seem to play above themselves or play the perfect half. I think that Snyder should have beat Wylie and Sweetwater but sometimes the scoreboards says different and it's time to acknowledge that and move on.

DaHop72
10-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Might get lucky against Brownwood but Wylie will go undefeated and take the district title. Something tells me that I have a greater claim to being a Mustang and even a Tiger than you do ZOHAN.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

'84 Stang
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Not that this thread needs to be a sticky but WHY in the Wide World of Sports is it not the Region 1 GOTW????

Can't wait to get to Underwoods Friday night!!!! And then a whole lot of "Spread the Red" for dessert

pirate4state
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM

The score wil be:

Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 31

:clap: :clap: Gotta love it!!!!

http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

Give me the Mustangs by 3

DOS EQUIS
10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It seems like whoever the Lions play seem to play above themselves or play the perfect half. I think that Snyder should have beat Wylie and Sweetwater but sometimes the scoreboards says different and it's time to acknowledge that and move on.

Have you learned to acknowledge the loss and move on? :p

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Have you learned to acknowledge the loss and move on? :p

DaHop leave me out of this. He's on his own.:doh:

Rocket
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: Gotta love it!!!!

http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

Give me the Mustangs by 3

Thank you, thank you... :D :kiss:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by '84 Stang
Not that this thread needs to be a sticky but WHY in the Wide World of Sports is it not the Region 1 GOTW????

Do we even have a Region I GOTW yet??

R1Editor
10-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do we even have a Region I GOTW yet?? It's only Sunday night, usually not here until Monday sometime, but yes there is a game of the week on the home page. Will have it stickied on here as well.:kiss: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
It's only Sunday night, usually not here until Monday sometime, but yes there is a game of the week on the home page. Will have it stickied on here as well.:kiss: :kiss:

We have a home page???

j/k:D

R1Editor
10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
We have a home page???

j/k:D :evillol: :evillol:

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I think the little overachieving Ponies will come into Brownwood and have flashbacks of last years thumping......then the Lions will run away with it. Just keep on thinking we're a horrible football team fellers. We may be down, but we damn sure ain't out ;) .
:evillol: :taunt: :stirpot:

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I think the little overachieving Ponies will come into Brownwood and have flashbacks of last years thumping......then the Lions will run away with it. Just keep on thinking we're a horrible football team fellers. We may be down, but we damn sure ain't out ;) .

Speaking of flashbacks, MAYBE Brownwood kids might have some flashbacks back to when ya'll were good at football, and this could be a good thing for yall.:D Oh, wait a minute, these kids were't born yet back when ya'll were good. Maybe their parents or grandparents can tell them about it, and that will give them a lift.:taunt: :taunt:

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM

Good luck to Brownwood. Here's hoping we have a good clean
game with no injuries. I just want both teams to leave everything
on the field and shake hands afterward.:)

On second thought....

Screw that! Brownwood sucks and so does Joe Allen's. Come on
Red let's go down there and punch them in the mouth for 48
minutes and come home with a playoff spot wrapped up.:taunt:

Rocket
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Good luck to Brownwood. Here's hoping we have a good clean
game with no injuries. I just want both teams to leave everything
on the field and shake hands afterward.:)

On second....

Screw that! Brownwood sucks and so does Joe Allen's. Come on
Red let's go down there and punch them in the mouth for 48
minutes and come home with a playoff spot wrapped up.:taunt:

*****CHEAP SHOT ALERT*****
I just hope Sweetwater doesn't bring any turds to our punch bowl. Keep that crap in your own turd bowl.

Joe Allen's? :thinking:
Not sure on your angle on that comment... or you are just really confused. I guess that Red Kool-Aid has something else in it..OH YEAH...

Brownwood will win. Period. 'Nuff said.

Butkus
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Rocket
THE SUPER

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brownwood 56
Graham 21

Brownwood matches up well against the pass. The only reason Manor made some big plays is because of the monster WR they had. I don't see Graham having any monster receivers. They may burn us a couple of times, but I like our pass pressure so I am going to say Graham only gets a couple of TD's and then scores on our 2nd team defense late in the game.

Our offense will have a field day with Graham's defense. I say this game will compare to Manor, except Manor had better athletes and wasn't as well coached.

Sweetwater and Snyder both had trouble with Graham. All that means to me is that Snyder and Sweetwater are both on the same level and both feeling the heat from a cupcake schedule.This is where the tough schedule and maturing of our team begins to yield a strong return.

Hey bottle_rocket, lookin like u missed agin ole son.:devil:

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM

But what if they dont?:p

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Rocket
THE SUPER

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brownwood 56
Graham 21

Brownwood matches up well against the pass. The only reason Manor made some big plays is because of the monster WR they had. I don't see Graham having any monster receivers. They may burn us a couple of times, but I like our pass pressure so I am going to say Graham only gets a couple of TD's and then scores on our 2nd team defense late in the game.

Our offense will have a field day with Graham's defense. I say this game will compare to Manor, except Manor had better athletes and wasn't as well coached.

Sweetwater and Snyder both had trouble with Graham. All that means to me is that Snyder and Sweetwater are both on the same level and both feeling the heat from a cupcake schedule.This is where the tough schedule and maturing of our team begins to yield a strong return.

Hey bottle_rocket, lookin like u missed agin ole son.:devil:

Ohhh!! OUCH!!

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Well then, that will becuase we brought our A+ game and they
brought their F- game.:thumbsup:

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM

Screw that! Brownwood sucks and so does Joe Allen's.

Joe Allen's???? Ain't that over in Abilene by where Bogey's cross dressing arse hangs out?

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Joe Allen's???? Ain't that over in Abilene by where Bogey's cross dressing arse hangs out?

Would you believe that I meant to say Underwood's?:doh: :D

I did hear they have really good rolls though.:thumbsup:

Butkus
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Would you believe that I meant to say Underwood's.:doh: :D Sumtimes its hard fur Sweetwater Red ta seprate tha hate. :D

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM

Oh hush up you virgin pup :p

BROWNWOOD WILL WIN

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Well then, that will becuase we brought our A+ game and they
brought their F- game.:thumbsup:

See, Brownwood brought their A+ game against us and we still found a way to win. That's one thing my friend Rocket is forgetting, people have uncharacteristically good games against them because Brownwood cannot stop whatever it is that their opponent is doing. If you were truly better, the other team wouldn't be able to "click", because you would be taking them out of their gameplan.

Now there is obvious exceptions to every statement, for instance the Wylie game was just a good game. But....Wylie did a few things better, and they scraped by with the Win.

As for this game, I've never seen Sweetwater play, but i do know Brownwood had a real hard time stopping us, so i think it could be a similar night for the Lions. I'm not going to take a guess at any score or even who will win, because if you would have told me last week Graham would beat Brownwood I would have laughed in your face, no offense to Graham, just being honest. So I really don't know what to think of Brownwood anymore
:thinking: Time will tell...time will tell.

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Sweetwater this, Sweetwater that :blahblah: :blahblah: . It ain't gonna be enuff to get it done. Yeah, bet them DB's are just gonna be so incredible.....they'll just shut down our air game :rolleyes: . And those LB's will be all over our QB cuz they're gonna find it so easy to get through the line. Come on......it's all a year of OVERACHIEVING for them Ponies I'm tellin ya, and oh yeah.....that oh so difficult schedule yawl've had to boot, oh my goodness :kiss: :devil:

Stangster
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Are you really critizing a team for over-achieving? What happened to giving a 110%? I know we live in a society that has dumbed down our expectations concerning performance, but c'mon.

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Stangster
Are you really critizing a team for over-achieving?

I am almost 100% certain that I have never done that ;)

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
oh yeah.....that oh so difficult schedule yawl've had to boot, oh my goodness :kiss: :devil:

By "oh so difficult" do you mean Graham?:thinking:

Texasfootball2
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I think I'm going to go with the home team who will be playing out of desperation, and that's a dangerous combination. It will be a barn burner but I just feel like the Lions will find someway to win this one. Then they will have to go to Snyder to play what is essentially a playoff game. Loser will be out.

The fact of the matter is for Brownwood, the playoffs start this Friday and they would have to win 8 straight playoff games to win the Div 2 state title. Good Luck with that:D

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
I haven't read this thread, but I will say this...the only way Sweetwater wins is if they play PERFECT!

STANG RED
10-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Well you've been right about that 3 of 8 times so far, and your about to be 3 for 9. If you were batting that wouldnt be bad, but on here that really sucks bud.:p

Oh well, theres always next year I guess.;)

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:56 AM
But what if they dont?:p If they don't it will be because Sweetwater played PERFECT, duh!

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I haven't read this thread, but I will say this...the only way Sweetwater wins is if they play PERFECT!
Or at least one half! ;)

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Did Brownwood & Sweetwater play each other last year?

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes, Sweetwater left the team at home because the bus broke down, so they had to get some 5th & 6th graders to fill in. At least that's what I think Rocket said. :thinking:

Texasfootball2
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, Sweetwater left the team at home because the bus broke down, so they had to get some 5th & 6th graders to fill in. At least that's what I think Rocket said. :thinking:

Oh let's cut the Lions fans some slack. Right now last year is all Brownwood has to hang there hat on. This 3A thing has been a nightmare for them so far:D

nobogey72
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Yeah, but what you don't understand is that the only reason Graham won was because BW turned it over so much in the 2nd half. IF it hadn't been for that, and no defense, and injuries, and poor officiating, then Brownwood would have CLEARLY won. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: BUT, I will say the BW's defense is getting better, because they held Graham to under 60.:taunt: :taunt:

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Yes last year they brought their A game and we played horribly.
We were the better team. We just turned the ball over six times.
They weren't forced fumbles by Brownwood's defense either. They
had nothing to do with it. We just kept putting the ball on the
ground. Brownwood got lucky and eeked out a 55-7 win.

We played two years ago also. He had a subpar game. Our
guys just didn't seem inspired. I guess it was a case of playing
down to the competition. It was kinda disappointing that we
were only leading 21-7 midway through the third quarter.
Coach Jackson then emptied the bench. So Brownwood was
able to tie it up against a bunch of third stringers. We were
always in control of the game though. Our kicker came on and
hit a 40(?) yard field goal with 1 second left. Final score was a
blowout. Sweetwater 24-21.

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Brownwood is going to lose this game if their defense doesn't improve vastly in short order. I have watched every game and every down this year of my beloved Lions. Our defense is getting worse, not better. In fact, our coaches response to improve the defense, was to move up sophomores to help them. We all got to see the results of that this past Friday. Tourchdowns on 9 out of 11 possessions. That is flat out horrible. Our head coach, in his post-game comments, said our defense got "hammered." If at all possible, that was an understatement. A mark of a good team is that they get better each week. Quite simply, we are not getting better. Sadly, we have the talent, but just cannot put it together. Our offense is a juggernaut. If for just one game, we can put together a solid offensive effort, with no turnovers, along with a solid defense, we will win. But I am not like Rocket, who seems to operate on blind optimism, I don't think it will happen. I can only hope it will.

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bwoodrealist
Brownwood is going to lose this game if their defense doesn't improve vastly in short order. I have watched every game and every down this year of my beloved Lions. Our defense is getting worse, not better. In fact, our coaches response to improve the defense, was to move up sophomores to help them. We all got to see the results of that this past Friday. Tourchdowns on 9 out of 11 possessions. That is flat out horrible. Our head coach, in his post-game comments, said our defense got "hammered." If at all possible, that was an understatement. A mark of a good team is that they get better each week. Quite simply, we are not getting better. Sadly, we have the talent, but just cannot put it together. Our offense is a juggernaut. If for just one game, we can put together a solid offensive effort, with no turnovers, along with a solid defense, we will win. But I am not like Rocket, who seems to operate on blind optimism, I don't think it will happen. I can only hope it will.

Excellent first post and welcome to the board.

To be honest I think ya'lls weakness is our strength and vice versa.
We allowed 14 or less points in six games this year. On the other
hand our highest point total of the year was 31 against Graham.

We've turned the ball over a ton this year. I can't say it has
killed us because..well..we're 7-1. But it did make several games
alot closer than they probably should've been.

I guess we'll see how it all plays out this Friday.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 03:20 PM

A lot of what you say may or may not be true but I would be willing to bet you are a current poster hiding behind a new user name... come on man, come out of the closet!

Rocket
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM

I haven't talked much smack since Wylie. Take it easy! :D The defense is not improving. We are so dang young on defense that it hurt us too much early on and the improvement is not showing up. When you score an average of around 37 a game, you should be able to win, just not happening.

I explained my optimism about this season earlier, and all of the hype I was talking about was there, on offense. I took us having a decent defense for granted, because we usually can put the defense together and get it rolling by District. Just isn't happening.

Does the above statement sound like blind optimisim? All of us true Brownwood fans know exactly what's going on. I am guessing you said the same thing in 2006? We are in the same exact situation we were in then. I am not saying that it will happen like it did in 2006, but NEVER count out a Brownwood team, especially a Freeman coached one.

Changes will be made on defense and hopefully we turn that corner Friday night. Trust me, Sweetwater will get all they can handle on Friday night. When youth makes up the majority on one side of the ball, you will always have a mentality issue, and to me, that is what happened Friday night. I was hoping after Wylie we would see more improvement, but you are right, it just isn't happening like it should, but it is not over.

I do know one thing, I am not going to use a messageboard to call out coaches. Call me a blind optimist, but either get behind the team and the coaches and hope they get it figured out, or bite your tongue.

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Call me a blind optimist, but either get behind the team and the coaches and hope they get it figured out, or bite your tongue. :iagree:

STANG RED
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM

WOW, an intelligent post by a Brownwood poster. :confused:How did that happen?????????????????? :thinking:Must be a transplant in from somewhere is all I can figure. :p

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
WOW, an intelligent post by a Brownwood poster. :confused:How did that happen?????????????????? :thinking:Must be a transplant in from somewhere is all I can figure. :p

Wow.. stupid post by a Sweetwater poster... How did that.......... oh nevermind.. SSDD

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
In fact, our coaches response to improve the defense, was to move up sophomores to help them.

IMO, this post is harmless compared to a few that were on this
board just earlier this week. I think he's just venting a little bit.

I've played for Coach Freeman. I know what a good coach he is
and Brownwood is lucky to have him. Do I agree with what he
said about the adjustment made..no. But, I'm not going to try
to use one harmless sentence to discredit his entire post.

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Rocket, I respectfully disagree with you. I have my own opinion and I will express it. The difference between your opinion and my opinion is that my opinion has been backed up by the way we have played, week in, week out. Every week, you predict a big Lions' victory. Your style, is not my style. Even though I think you make a fool of yourself most of the time, I have never told you to bite your tongue or to shut up. I hope the Lions win this Friday, they are certainly capable of it!

Rocket
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
IMO, this post is harmless compared to a few that were on this
board just earlier this week. I think he's just venting a little bit.

I've played for Coach Freeman. I know what a good coach he is
and Brownwood is lucky to have him. Do I agree with what he
said about the adjustment made..no. But, I'm not going to try
to use one harmless sentence to discredit his entire post.

How did I discredit anybody? Overall, it was a good post. Basically said the same thing I did earlier. This is about the time that people start coming out of the woodwork and start bad mouthing the coaches.

Realist-
I suggest you call your buddy up and do it there, don't throw our dirty laundry out for everybody to see. If you are a true Brownwood fan, you will do that. If not, then by all means, do what you want.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 03:58 PM
How did I discredit anybody? Overall, it was a good post. Basically said the same thing I did earlier. This is about the time that people start coming out of the woodwork and start bad mouthing the coaches.

Realist-
I suggest you call your buddy up and do it there, don't throw our dirty laundry out for everybody to see. If you are a true Brownwood fan, you will do that. If not, then by all means, do what you want.

I didn't take anything he said as bad mouthing the coaches....at all!!

Rocket
10-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I didn't take anything he said as bad mouthing the coaches....at all!!

Well if you didn't then I am wrong.:rolleyes:
This is how it all starts...one little comment and then by 10pm tonight they are calling for the coaches heads...

I'm done with it... I just asked that it don't get out of hand.

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I didn't take anything he said as bad mouthing the coaches....at all!! Me either & you know how protective I am of coaches! :inlove:

No worries Rocket.

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 04:11 PM
This is how it all starts...one little comment and then by 10pm tonight they are calling for the coaches heads...

I've obviously only seen one game, which was the Wylie game, and I thought Freeman did a great job. There's only so much you can do about not having any playmakers on defense, not being rude ya'll but it's true.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 04:12 PM

I don't think it will.....you know you have the exact same concerns about the defense that he does, you just haven't expressed it quite like he did!!

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Air our dirty laundry? I don't see it that way. When you have 9 touchdowns scored on your team, it is out there for all the world to see. I am not going to sugarcoat things like you. For example, why do you keep saying we are so young on defense? We have 7 or 8 seniors starting on defense, depending on the package. In fact, we are a senior laden team on both sides of the ball. On offense, we start 8 seniors. I have been a fan of the Brownwood Lions for 40 years and I will keep being a fan of the Lions, regardless of what you say or do. As you say, right now we are not getting it done. Who is to blame for that? I won't say it, but you if know anything about football, you know the answer.

Ranger Mom
10-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Air our dirty laundry? I don't see it that way. When you have 9 touchdowns scored on your team, it is out there for all the world to see. I am not going to sugarcoat things like you. For example, why do you keep saying we are so young on defense? We have 7 or 8 seniors starting on defense, depending on the package. In fact, we are a senior laden team on both sides of the ball. On offense, we start 8 seniors. I have been a fan of the Brownwood Lions for 40 years and I will keep being a fan of the Lions, regardless of what you say or do. As you say, right now we are not getting it done. Who is to blame for that? I won't say it, but you if know anything about football, you know the answer.

I like you!!

I don't think you could have picked a more fitting username!!:D

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Interesting, because I remember in the offseason alot of Brownwood posters talking about their experience, then it turned to no experience after a few loses so I just left it at that. I really don't think there is alot of problems in Lion Country, ya'll are just in a tough district and ya'll played the best of the best before district. So what do you expect?

Everyone cannot win 34 games in a row:p

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I like you!!

I don't think you could have picked a more fitting username!!:D

I dont like him or his name... I am thinking his name should be...

"Crybaby"

If you support a team, support them.... dont cry about it behind a bogas username.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:22 PM
And by the way, I am not happy about being 3-8 but I will not turn on my town, team or coaches!

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM

"Crybaby"

If you support a team, support them.... dont cry about it behind a bogas username.

:eek: oh dear....the drama unfolds!

this does not bode well when the fans start to turn on each other!

what's that old saying...."the truth hurts!"

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:24 PM
And by the way, I am not happy about being 3-8 but I will not turn on my town, team or coaches! in his/her defense he/she isn't turning their back on them, he/she is simply expressing his/her opinion.

you just happen to not like his/her opinion or the way he/she is expressing it!

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
That is an adult response Looking4number8. It is about what I expected of you and the homers who have blinders on. Crybaby? What am I crying about? I speak the truth, you do not. You are the one crying, because our team is underperforming again this year, but you do not have the guts to admit it.

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 04:27 PM

"Crybaby"

In an attempt to turn this thread back into Sweetwater vs. Brownwood,
instead of Brownwood vs. Brownwood...

Looking4number8 I met you at the Wylie game a few weeks ago
And I don't know how to tell you this but.....you stink.:taunt:

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 04:29 PM
By the way, Looking4number8, we are not 3-8. We are 3-5! Get your losing record straight.

pirate4state
In an attempt to turn this thread back into Sweetwater vs. Brownood,

:doh:

Let me try and get it back on track!

Does Sweetwater have any "speed" this year? Have they played a team that passes the ball as much as Bwood? Will the Sweetwater secondary be able to cover the BW WRs?

Looking4number8
The thruth is if he had been here or Brownwoodlions.com before now I might have a litle respect for what he says. If he was the fan he claims to be, he would have been here before now.

I have no respect for someone who waits until the team is down, then gets on a board and starts calling people out.

He may be a fan, but sounds to me like that dude that sits in front of me at home games. No matter how much we are winning by, all he can do is yell negitive things when something does not go right.

I am going to do him like we did the fan in front of us and tell to either support the lions or go away... That is our kids form our school out there! I will always be positive toward them.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
By the way, Looking4number8, we are not 3-8. We are 3-5! Get your losing record straight.

Correct.. I just have fat finger... and if we were 3-8 I would say the same thing

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
In an attempt to turn this thread back into Sweetwater vs. Brownwood,

Thought you met me.. not smelt me!!! lol
But thanks for noticing!

pirate4state
10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
The thruth is if he had been here or Brownwoodlions.com before now I might have a litle respect for what he says. If he was the fan he claims to be, he would have been here before now.

I have no respect for someone who waits until the team is down, then gets on a board and starts calling people out.

He may be a fan, but sounds to me like that dude that sits in front of me at home games. No matter how much we are winning by, all he can do is yell negitive things when something does not go right.

I am going to do him like we did the fan in front of us and tell to either support the lions or go away... That is our kids form our school out there! I will always be positive toward them.

Good point....hmmmmmmmmm......

anyway.....tell me how the Lions are gonna beat the 'Stangs? :D

Tailback
10-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Interesting, because I remember in the offseason alot of Brownwood posters talking about their experience, then it turned to no experience after a few loses so I just left it at that. I really don't think there is alot of problems in Lion Country, ya'll are just in a tough district and ya'll played the best of the best before district. So what do you expect?

Everyone cannot win 34 games in a row:p

Brownwood was supposed to move down to 3A and be the best of the best remember? Now that they aren't it is because of their lack of experience? :thinking:

Lack of experience or whatever excuse you want to use, the Lions 2008 season might be coming to an end a lot shorter than expected. If Sweetwater has any sort of offense all they will need to do is stop Brownwood a few times and they should win.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
By the way realist, I am not saying you are right or wrong, just saying I will support my team every minute, every day. win or loose.

I go to every game, I am there before the national athem and stay after the team gathers to sing the school song to the band. Even when we were getting murdered by La Vega, I stayed and supported the boys, band and cheerleader till the very end!

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Good point....hmmmmmmmmm......

anyway.....tell me how the Lions are gonna beat the 'Stangs? :D

Well, we did pull up a freshman that has been studley this year. Maybe he will be our saving grace!

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I am not saying you are right or wrong either. You support the Lions in your way; I in mine. I get there early and stay late as well. I travel to all the out of town games. I never speak negatively at the games. But, to me, this is the place to talk. I support everything are kids are doing. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances!

STANG RED
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow.. stupid post by a Sweetwater poster... How did that.......... oh nevermind.. SSDD

Careful!!! Dont hurt yourself.:p

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Careful!!! Dont hurt yourself.:p

I know, it took me a while to think of that...

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
How'd Shelby Miller do at Perfect Game this past week in Jupiter, Florida? Any of you Brownwood folks know?

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Thought you met me.. not smelt me!!! lol
But thanks for noticing!

Well I had a few seconds to kill while I stood there trying to
figure out why you just asked me where I was from.:D

Phantom Stang
10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Brownwod 24
Sweetwater 45

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Well I had a few seconds to kill while I stood there trying to
figure out why you just asked me where I was from.:D

I'm telling you, it was the pink shirt that threw me.. At first I thought it said "sweetie"

Then I realized it was an old shirt you had washed so many times it had lost it color and said "Sweetwater" or at lest it did before some of those letters were washed off....

STANG RED
10-27-2008, 05:00 PM
:doh:

Let me try and get it back on track!

Does Sweetwater have any "speed" this year? Have they played a team that passes the ball as much as Bwood? Will the Sweetwater secondary be able to cover the BW WRs?

Got speed to burn, but especially on the D. In fact our D pretty well shut down the same Graham O that put up 59 on Bwood.
I said they'd keep McCoy running for his life and throwing picks, and sure enough thats what happened. It'll be much the same this week.

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I am not saying you are right or wrong either. You support the Lions in your way; I in mine. I get there early and stay late as well. I travel to all the out of town games. I never speak negatively at the games. But, to me, this is the place to talk. I support everything are kids are doing. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances!

Then we agree on that, hopefully I just misunderstood your post.

I dont think I did, but I hope I did.

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm telling you, it was the pink shirt that threw me.. At first I thought it said "sweetie"

Then I realized it was an old shirt you had washed so many times it had lost it color and said "Sweetwater" or at lest it did before some of those letters were washed off....

You know they say eyesight is the third thing to go right after
the memory and well..I guess you already know the other....:D .

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/DSC_1759.jpg

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Dang... evidence.... until you posted the picture, everybody just had to take my word for it.

Lion_Addict
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Got speed to burn, but especially on the D. In fact our D pretty well shut down the same Graham O that put up 59 on Bwood.
I said they'd keep McCoy running for his life and throwing picks, and sure enough thats what happened. It'll be much the same this week.

Just keep on keeping on thinking that way STANG(er).....gonna be fun :D

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Okay guys, gotta go to the softball fields for a couple of hours, I will regain this war later...

Besides, I have posted way too much today already. My head is spining!

Rocket
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
That is an adult response Looking4number8. It is about what I expected of you and the homers who have blinders on. Crybaby? What am I crying about? I speak the truth, you do not. You are the one crying, because our team is underperforming again this year, but you do not have the guts to admit it.

Homers that have blinders on... hmmmmm...

What part of "not getting it done" do you not understand? Since Wylie, There has not been all this blind homer talk. Maybe some smack talking in fun, but my goodness man, it's all in fun. We have built relationships on here and I think we have added alot of fun to the Downlow. Your realist talk gets real boring real fast. In fact, I am already bored with you (JMO). What you said has some truth to it, but to give up hope and faith before it is said and done?

Sorry man, call me a fool if you want to, but I come on here and have fun and smack talk and jab. nobogey is a bigger fool than anybody, honestly, I think I have counted 3 posts that are serious from him, but man, he is fun and we all have fun and give this board a little life. It's part of our online personality, if you don't like it, good for you. I think it has taken a while, but most people will agree that we homers from Brownwood are ok and are here to just have some fun.

There is not a game we have played this year that I didn't think we would win going into it and were very capable of doing so. SHOOT ME! I will always think the next game is the one where we turn it around. Until there are no more games left, then there will be nothing left to say, but until then, it's Brownwood is going to win. I bet in 2002 and 2006 you were already counting the Lions out. I choose to BELIEVE.

I guess going into the game against Graham you expected us to lose? You should have got on here and said something before the game was played and filled us in with your infinite wisdom and future telling gifts. Let me see your prediction for this week's game? How bad is Sweetwater going to beat us? Come on man, let's get REAL. :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Dang, that guy in the grey shirt and black hat sure looks handsome:D

Phantom Stang
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Let me see your prediction for this week's game? How bad is Sweetwater going to beat us? Come on man, let's get REAL. :rolleyes:
Well if he does make a prediction, at least that'll put the thread back on topic.:p

garciap77
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
*****CHEAP SHOT ALERT*****
I just hope Sweetwater doesn't bring any turds to our punch bowl. Keep that crap in your own turd bowl.

Joe Allen's? :thinking:
Not sure on your angle on that comment... or you are just really confused. I guess that Red Kool-Aid has something else in it..OH YEAH...

Well you've been right about that 3 of 8 times so far, and your about to be 3 for 9. If you were batting that wouldnt be bad, but on here that really sucks bud.:p

Oh well, theres always next year I guess.;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bascket.gif

;)

DOS EQUIS
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Brownwod 24
Sweetwater 45

That is a good guess but I was thinking
Sweetwater 35
Brownwood 21

Rocket
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I think if Graham was able to give Sweetwater problems, Brownwood will probably be able to as well. We play a similar type of game. Like Sweetwater Red said, your strength is our weakness and vice versa. Honestly, all smack aside, Brownwood has alot more to lose this week than Sweetwater. Hopefully that will show up Friday night. Put that with the fact that we are playing at home and I think Brownwood has a mental edge. Now getting it done is what remains to be seen. We will see.

garciap77
10-27-2008, 06:27 PM
No disrespect to Sweetwater, but Brownwood has their backs to the wall and are playing at home, I feel Brownwood will find a way to win this one.

DOS EQUIS
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I think if Graham was able to give Sweetwater problems, Brownwood will probably be able to as well. We play a similar type of game. Like Sweetwater Red said, your strength is our weakness and vice versa. Honestly, all smack aside, Brownwood has alot more to lose this week than Sweetwater. Hopefully that will show up Friday night. Put that with the fact that we are playing at home and I think Brownwood has a mental edge. Now getting it done is what remains to be seen. We will see.

Anyone that passes will give Sweetwater problems. That is common knowledge. Brownwood is backed up against a corner and they will have to fight to get to the playoffs from here on out. Let downs from a previous game are all too common. I hope that is not the case with Sweetwater. Don't listen to Red he doesn't know what he is talking about. ;)

DU_stud04
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
i heard sweetwater is planning on using the brownwood game a a glorified practice and come out in the spread. something about getting ready for a battle for district champs with wylie and then the playoffs? i heard it at whataburger, so it must be true.

ccmom
10-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Sorry man, call me a fool if you want to, but I come on here and have fun and smack talk and jab. nobogey is a bigger fool than anybody, honestly, I think I have counted 3 posts that are serious from him, but man, he is fun and we all have fun and give this board a little life. It's part of our online personality, if you don't like it, good for you. I think it has taken a while, but most people will agree that we homers from Brownwood are ok and are here to just have some fun.

Did you read that nobogey? He just paid you a compliment...I think?:thinking:

I must admit, I'm a little upset that you didn't mention me though. Where's the love, Rocky? Believe me, I'm rooting for the Lions this week.;)

ccmom
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
i heard sweetwater is planning on using the brownwood game a a glorified practice and come out in the spread. something about getting ready for a battle for district champs with wylie and then the playoffs? i heard it at whataburger, so it must be true.

Must be true...nothing but the Gospel comes from the Whataburger.:)

garciap77
10-27-2008, 07:15 PM

Whataburger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hearditattheWHATABURGER.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bwoodrealist
10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Brownwood 35
Sweetwater 42

Looking4number8
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Brownwood 56
sweetwater 31
sweetwater red 0 and a long drive home

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Anyone that passes will give Sweetwater problems. That is common knowledge. Brownwood is backed up against a corner and they will have to fight to get to the playoffs from here on out. Let downs from a previous game are all too common. I hope that is not the case with Sweetwater. Don't listen to Red he doesn't know what he is talking about. ;)

So what? Did your wife post this and she let you add the last
sentence? The first part makes entirely too much sense to have
come out of your mouth.:thinking:

Well except for the misuse of prepositions. I'm guessing ya'll meant
Brownwood has been backed INTO a corner...not up against.:doh:

Sorry Kep. In this case it was called for.:D

WTF-82
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I am going with Brownwood. I figure they have to be able to win at least one big game against a good opponent they have had a tough schedule but they have lost to every good team they have played. They have a weak defense but Sweetwater is not playing there best football and they will probably turn the ball over 4 times in this game which would be big stops for the Lions defense something they have not had all season long. If Lions get off to a fast start Sweetwater is not the kind of team that can make a huge comeback. With ground orriented offense they can break the big one but not all night on the ground gonna have to show they can pass specially if the Lions due get off to a fast start. I hope I am wrong I would like to see Sweetwater win being that Brownwood does not show much respect to West
Texas Football is I read from earlier this year. But you figure if Brownwood is who they say or think they are they can win at least one football game this year. Graham already did.

DOS EQUIS
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
So what? Did your wife post this and she let you add the last
sentence? The first part makes entirely too much sense to have
come out of your mouth.:thinking:

Well except for the misuse of prepositions. I'm guessing ya'll meant
Brownwood has been backed INTO a corner...not up against.:doh:

Sorry Kep. In this case it was called for.:D

Ouch RED!!!!! A little harsh weren't you. I got my point across and that is what matters isn't it? My wife didn't help but spell check is a wonderful thing. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Ouch RED!!!!! A little harsh weren't you. I got my point across and that is what matters isn't it? My wife didn't help but spell check is a wonderful thing. :rolleyes:

Now I know your lying. I was just talking to you on the phone
two minutes ago. I heard your wife right next to you. I believe
I heard her say that's not how you spell CAT, followed by what
sounded like a smack to the back of the head.:eek: :devil:

So what time are we leaving Friday again? Does 4:30 sound
good to you?:D

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Dang, that guy in the grey shirt and black hat sure looks handsome:D

I hate to bust your bubble but the best lookin' young man in
that picture is standing behind my right shoulder, and unlike
you he actually got a few phone numbers that night.:D :devil:

BwdLion_80
10-27-2008, 09:11 PM
How'd Shelby Miller do at Perfect Game this past week in Jupiter, Florida? Any of you Brownwood folks know?

This is the best I remember. In the first game he pitched, he worked 2 innings, struck out 5 and got the 6th on a weak ground out, never threw a fast ball that was clocked under 93 and threw up to 96.

In his 2nd game today, he worked 2 innings, struck out 4, gave up 3 unearned runs due to 3 errors, still was not clocked under 93.

swstangs001
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM

sweetwater gave sweetwater problems, im not so sure only allowing 17 pts on offense was graham giving them problems

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Ouch, and don't worry, I went over to the Wylie side afterwards and did well for myself:D

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
This is the best I remember. In the first game he pitched, he worked 2 innings, struck out 5 and got the 6th on a weak ground out, never threw a fast ball that was clocked under 93 and threw up to 96.

In his 2nd game today, the worked 2 innings, struck out 4, gave up 3 unearned runs due to 3 errors, still was not clocked under 93.

That will get him drafted then, with a frame like his, and a live arm like that, he will be getting money in a few months. Very nice, congrats:clap:

garciap77
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Ouch, and don't worry, I went over to the Wylie side afterwards and did well for myself:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Baseball_Topper_Funny_Hat-1.jpg

;)

Daddy D 11
10-27-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd give out names for credibility but I don't want to anger certain older men that have daughters at Wylie;) After all, it would be real easy to find me... and then I'd have to run:eek:

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 06:18 AM
I'd give out names for credibility but I don't want to anger certain older men that have daughters at Wylie;) After all, it would be real easy to find me... and then I'd have to run:eek:

You got phone #s from older men????? That's pretty weird. But, whatever...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 06:18 AM

Now, I was LMAO on this one!! :clap: :clap:
Poor Daddy D........oh, to be young again :crying:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
You got phone #s from older men????? That's pretty weird. But, whatever...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw you slipping him a piece of paper right before that pic was taken :eek: :thinking:

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
I saw you slipping him a piece of paper right before that pic was taken :eek: :thinking:

Yeah, but it said "Sorry, I'm not in to that, but talk to the Brownwood guy with his hat on backwards.":eek:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah, but it said "Sorry, I'm not in to that, but talk to the Brownwood guy with his hat on backwards.":eek:

Don't go dissin on my coolness! :mad: :tongue:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Have I mentioned lately......Brownwood Dankey stomps the Stangs Friday night? Daddy D's harem has been over at the house for the last few nights and I haven't been able to think very clearly. :cool:

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 01:53 PM
This has got to be the most disappointing thread of all time.:stirpot: :stirpot:

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Have I mentioned lately......Brownwood Dankey stomps the Stangs Friday night? Daddy D's harem has been over at the house for the last few nights and I haven't been able to think very clearly. :cool:

It will be the first time this year. Brownwood just needs to win so Freeman can keep his job!

RedWhiteBlue
10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
It will be the first time this year. Brownwood just needs to win so Freeman can keep his job!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
This has got to be the most disappointing thread of all time.:stirpot: :stirpot:

Yeah....just got even worse with Tiny****'s comment :rolleyes:

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM

I actually did not mean for it to be sarcastic, rude or mean. I really believe that Brownwood is at a critical stage and Freeman is walking on thin ice.

This week is huge if you think about it. Dropping to 3-A and starting the season ranked high in the polls, and now potentially not even making the playoffs.

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Yeah, he doesn't post very often, but when he does it usually packs a whollup.:eek:

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, he doesn't post very often, but when he does it usually packs a whollup.:eek:

You might want to be carefull Lion_Addict. You might be able to
outrun TinyTim, but I bet his kid can catch you in the first
100 meters.:D

Rocket
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Yeah, it's getting pretty serious around Brownwood now. Not really in the mood for fun this week. Just business. Sweetwater is running full speed into a hostile situation...

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it's getting pretty serious around Brownwood now. Not really in the mood for fun this week. Just business. Sweetwater is running full speed into a hostile situation...

Its been my experience that High School teams take on the attitude of their coach. When they are prepared, confident(not over confident), disciplined, and ready to play, it is a direct reflection on the coach. When they are not, unfortunately, this too is a reflection of the coach.

This Brownwood team maybe should have gotten down to BUSINESS about 3 weeks ago.

Rocket
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Its been my experience that High School teams take on the attitude of their coach. When they are prepared, confident(not over confident), disciplined, and ready to play, it is a direct reflection on the coach. When they are not, unfortunately, this too is a reflection of the coach.

This Brownwood team maybe should have gotten down to BUSINESS about 3 weeks ago.

You think? Good observation, Captain Obvious.

Wylie - Played a heck of a game against Abilene Wylie. Had some things not go our way, 4 Turnovers, and still had a chance to win it. Played a pretty good defensive game.

Breck - Slaughtered them. Had some problems with the RB, but who hasn't?

Graham - Perfect Trap Game.

It is what it is... The season isn't over yet and Brownwood can still put it together. Seen it before...

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 03:41 PM
You think? Good observation, Captain Obvious.

Wylie - Played a heck of a game against Abilene Wylie. Had some things not go our way, 4 Turnovers, and still had a chance to win it. Played a pretty good defensive game.

Breck - Slaughtered them. Had some problems with the RB, but who hasn't?

Graham - Perfect Trap Game.

It is what it is... The season isn't over yet and Brownwood can still put it together. Seen it before...

Maybe if they let their volleyball coach, coach the football team the couild put it together. But your are right, it is what it is......for what that's worth.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
:tisk: If you have that big of a problem with the coaches, take it up with them. This is NOT the forum to bash coaches. :hand: Also, read up on rule #3!

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 03:53 PM
:tisk: If you have that big of a problem with the coaches, take it up with them. This is NOT the forum to bash coaches. :hand: Also, read up on rule #3!

I'm callin him right now.

Sorry!

Rocket
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm callin him right now.

Sorry!

I'm sure you are...:rolleyes:
Better yet, go see him and get somebody to video it.

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Looking4number8
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM

yep, that video could be a youtube beat down

Looking4number8
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM

I have to be honest. I'd rather kick a pitbull in his happy place
than tieup with Coach Freeman.

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM

My screenname is deceptive. 6'3 / 235 and I do have a video camera.

Looking4number8
10-28-2008, 04:50 PM

So.....Your size supposed to scare somebody? I am 6"2 and about 230..., My but is so out of shape I could not whip my cheerleader daughter or my pregnant daughter...

TinyTim
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
So.....Your size supposed to scare somebody? I am 6"2 and about 230..., My but is so out of shape I could not whip my cheerleader daughter or my pregnant daughter...

I know exactly how out of shape you are.

I saw you at the game the other night.

Looking4number8
10-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Yep, too much Bud for me... guess I should start drinking lite beer!

Rocket
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I have to be honest. I'd rather kick a pitbull in his happy place
than tieup with Coach Freeman.

That ain't no lie... especially this week...

swstangs001
10-29-2008, 12:07 AM

that's what they said about beast too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 06:20 AM

Hmmmmmmm......:thinking:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 06:21 AM
I know exactly how out of shape you are.

I saw you at the game the other night.

And Double Hmmmmmmm.......... :thinking: :thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
And Double Hmmmmmmm.......... :thinking: :thinking:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Looking4number8
10-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Hmmmmmmm......:thinking:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

You two Hmmmmmmm....ing the same tune again?:spitlol:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
You two Hmmmmmmm....ing the same tune again?:spitlol:

HA HA! She don't Hmmmmmm half as good as I can Hmmmmmm :D

Ranger Mom
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
HA HA! She don't Hmmmmmm half as good as I can Hmmmmmm :D

:eek: :eek:

Nah....forget it!!

I better just leave it alone!!;)

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 09:13 AM

Nah....forget it!!

Dirty minded woman......geez . Starting to sound like P4S :rolleyes: :p

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Now.....you Sweetwater peeps do understand that it's gonna be a long night trying to defend the pass, right? And all the talk about getting pressure on the QB.....you do understand that he can scramble with the best of 'em , right? Gotta feeling there's gonna be some surprises coming from our running game come Friday night too ;) . Figuring the Stangs are gonna be a little too overconfident coming into this game and Brownwood will strike early & often, and quite possibly make it look like dejavu (last year's thumping)....... Just an opinion of course :D :devil:

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm going to be in Comanche hunting this weekend, I might have to come into Brownwood for this one, I really want to make a game at Gordon Wood.

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm going to be in Comanche hunting this weekend, I might have to come into Brownwood for this one, I really want to make a game at Gordon Wood.

You oughtta man! Heck of an atmosphere. Everyone needs to experience it at least once in their lifetime :2thumbsup

BwdLions
10-29-2008, 09:44 AM
After reading fourteen-plus pages of this rather humerous thread, I'm predicting a big Lion win Friday.

Lions 63
Stangs 35

Daddy D 11
10-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Lions 63
Stangs 35

Doubt it..

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM

Nah....forget it!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :clap: :D :clap: :D

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :clap: :D :clap: :D

Women.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

nobogey72
10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
If I was a bookie, I would set the over/under at 40. I know, Ya'll think I'm crazy. I'll bring this post back up Monday morning. :)

BwdLions
10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Doubt it..

We'll see Daddy D. ;)

STANG RED
10-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
After reading fourteen-plus pages of this rather humerous thread, I'm predicting a big Lion win Friday.

Lions 63
Stangs 35
:rolleyes:
With the Mustangs 8 to 9 min drives against that weak Bwood D, there wont be time for near this many points on either side.

swstangs001
10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes:
With the Mustangs 8 to 9 min drives against that weak Bwood D, there wont be time for near this many points on either side.

I agree, Jackson is going to do everything he can to keep brownwoods offense off the field, Brownwood will get the yards through the air because of our "theory" on defense, but I don't think either team will score much in the end.

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
I agree, Jackson is going to do everything he can to keep brownwoods offense off the field, Brownwood will get the yards through the air because of our "theory" on defense, but I don't think either team will score much in the end.

I agree. We've played plenty of pass happy offenses this year.
The most points we've allowed is 24 against Graham. 7 of those
were a fumble return for a TD and 3 was a muffed PR that they
recovered at our twenty. They couldn't make a first down and
had to settle for a FG.

Bring on AIR Brownood.:devil:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Bring on AIR Brownood.:devil:

Ask and ye shall "Receive" .....ha ha! Get it....."Receive"? Actually "we shall Receive". Oh nevermind :nerd: . We'll be bringin it Red, count on it :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Ask and ye shall "Receive" .....ha ha! Get it....."Receive"? Actually "we shall Receive". Oh nevermind :nerd: . We'll be bringin it Red, count on it :devil:

Something tells me that our side will doing a whole lotta this Friday.:devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/1025_spo_SnyderSweetwater5_t600.jpg

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 01:19 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/1025_spo_SnyderSweetwater5_t600.jpg

Hate not being able to see pictures here :mad: . Is it a bunch of people in red crying their eyes out?? :devil:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 01:22 PM

I could say something here, but I will be the nice girl that I am trying to be and keep my mouth shut.:devil:

Lion_Addict
10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
OK....I can see it now. That's red people impressed with when we come outta the tunnel right? Man, it is pretty impressive I must admit ;) :p

swstangs001
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
OK....I can see it now. That's red people impressed with when we come outta the tunnel right? Man, it is pretty impressive I must admit ;) :p

it just about as impressive as y'alls record

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Okay, I just laughed so hard I snorted........

DU_stud04
10-29-2008, 03:52 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/1025_spo_SnyderSweetwater5_t600.jpg great picture! :D

DU_stud04
10-29-2008, 03:53 PM
it just about as impressive as y'alls record hahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 03:54 PM
great picture! :D
Hey, by the way- I thought you said that you might be coming to Wylie, because you said ya'lls game would be won by the half?? Something about a burger in Abilene??:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2008, 03:56 PM
great picture! :D

You're related to a couple of those fans aren't you?:D

DU_stud04
10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
You're related to a couple of those fans aren't you?:D more than a couple haha

DU_stud04
10-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey, by the way- I thought you said that you might be coming to Wylie, because you said ya'lls game would be won by the half?? Something about a burger in Abilene??:rolleyes: we decided just to pick burgers up so we have something to look forwards in the second half :D

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
more than a couple haha

Well I recognized the guy that high fives you....whether you're
expecting it or not. I just didn't know if that girl was family.
If so, she was probably expecting it.:D

RedWhiteBlue
10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
we decided just to pick burgers up so we have something to look forwards in the second half :D
Awesome!!:clap:

STANG RED
10-29-2008, 04:10 PM

OUCH!!!!!!! That'll leave a mark.;)

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2008, 04:43 PM
For those of you wondering. McCann will play.

Rocket
10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I could say something here, but I will be the nice girl that I am trying to be and keep my mouth shut.:devil:

Was that a pic of the crowd cheering after the cheap shots against Graham?

Sweetwater:
Remember, keep your turds in your own bowl. Got it? :D

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 05:25 AM
For those of you wondering. McCann will play.

I didn't know there was a chance he wouldn't. My question for the game would have been whether or not ALL of the Brownwood players will play.:rolleyes:

STANG RED
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I didn't know there was a chance he wouldn't. My question for the game would have been whether or not ALL of the Brownwood players will play.:rolleyes:

I knew he got dinged up a bit last Friday, but he kept going back in, and he did finish the game. He seemed to be hanging his right arm a little funny a couple of times. He may have hurt his shoulder a little bit, from what it looked like to me, but I really dont know. But I know he played one whale of a ballgame, as usual.

Lion_Addict
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Well to be serious, unfortunately our Sophmore RB Levi Perez will be out after suffering a separated shoulder at Graham. He's another one of our talented young un's that has a bright future ahead of him.

Rooster#70
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Can Sweetwater hold on to the ball!!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I knew he got dinged up a bit last Friday, but he kept going back in, and he did finish the game. He seemed to be hanging his right arm a little funny a couple of times. He may have hurt his shoulder a little bit, from what it looked like to me, but I really dont know. But I know he played one whale of a ballgame, as usual.

It wasn't his shoulder!:mad:

It was the very tip of his left pinkie(non tackling pinkie). He
got a splinter in it and it's just a tad sore. :thumbsup:

swstangs001
10-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Rooster#70

is that a rhetorical question? oh well ill answer it anyways..........NO, but can they still win? I think so.

nobogey72
10-30-2008, 10:58 AM
It wasn't his shoulder!:mad:

It was the very tip of his left pinkie(non tackling pinkie). He
got a splinter in it and it's just a tad sore. :thumbsup:

My only question about this game is whether your corners can cover the fade. I hear it's unstoppable!!!!! Get ready, because historically week 9 is "coming out" week for "The Wood".:stirpot: :stirpot:

swstangs001
10-30-2008, 11:09 AM
My only question about this game is whether your corners can cover the fade. I hear it's unstoppable!!!!! Get ready, because historically week 9 is "coming out" week for "The Wood".:stirpot: :stirpot:

Did Rocket tell you that?:devil:

BwdLion73
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rooster#70

That is a question that we(Brownwood) have to answer also.

I'm wondering if this will be the game that Sweetwater and Brownwood clean up their turnovers...If not, I'm thinking that this could be the turnover bowl ! Instead of a shootout where the last person with the ball scores it may be the last person with the ball and turnover loses.

:thinking:

pirate4state
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
stownhorse - be sure to send me end of qtr updates. Rocket usually keeps me posted on Brownwood EOQ, but last week I got nothing. :(

STANG RED
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
That is a question that we(Brownwood) have to answer also.

I'm wondering if this will be the game that Sweetwater and Brownwood clean up their turnovers...If not, I'm thinking that this could be the turnover bowl ! Instead of a shootout where the last person with the ball scores it may be the last person with the ball and turnover loses.

:thinking:

Maybe they should legalize "stick-em" again for this game. We used to spray that stuff on our hands back when I played. Heck you couldnt hardly let go of the ball even when you wanted to. You could literally open your hand facing down, and the ball would still stick to it. You had to pull it off with the other hand, or shake it loose.

But yeah this game could be an ugly turnover fest, if these offenses dont get that cleaned up. I'd hate for a game like this to be decided by turnovers. I havent seen a clean game yet. It'd be nice for a change.

gibby
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Man I am really supprised at that this pole isn't closer.

SW fans - The Abilene Repeater News football stats last Sat. reported that the Stangs had 0 passes? Is this correct. Sorry if this has already been reported. This district is just as tough as we thought it would be. Too bad there is going to be a really good team watching the playoffs.
:eek: