PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. West Columbia

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I know it's just Saturday morning but last night is over with and looking forward to this week's game. The Tigers had better come out to play on offense this next week more than they did last night or I'm gonna be worried about this game. I know the "D" will continue to bring all they've got so this'll be interesting. West Columbia ALWAYS plays Wharton tough!!!

The Tigers will be playing at home so I'm expecting there to be a really good crowd to cheer them on. Come on Tigers, make this last home game a spectacular one...especially for the Seniors...it'll be the last time they step on home field as a Wharton Tiger!:bigcry: :bigcry: :clap:

carter08
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
WC.

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Depends on if WC's offense shows up.

Probably another tight game with turnovers deciding it.

JDOG
10-25-2008, 02:09 PM
If turnovers decide it I'm going with the Tiggers. Scrub just can't seem to get rid of the turnover problem.

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I still have faith that we can win aginst Wharton and Stafford. We just can't turn it over.

Does Wharton have a mobile QB? (Ansley type?)

Is there a scenario where WC could get into the playoffs?

raider red 2000
10-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Is there a scenario where WC could get into the playoffs?

nope.

wharton and sweeny are in.
royal and needville are still in contention.

maestro
10-25-2008, 04:48 PM
then congrats to the Tigers...

new coaching staff is really making a difference..

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by maestro
then congrats to the Tigers...

new coaching staff is really making a difference..

Yes, they HAVE really made a difference and will continue to do so. I KNOW these coaches are gonna have the boys going hard at practice this week. There is still the possibility of a District Championhip on the line and the Tigers will NOT be laying down for WC or Sweeny! This is AMAZING seeing how Wharton was picked to finish dead last in district this year...especially after their pre-district losses. There were even the naysayers who said they would go 0-10 this season, which I never agreed with. Their record has already improved over last year and they are CAPABLE of beating anyone at anytime when they are playing they're top-notch game. They played some of the toughest teams in the state already and held their own. This team is scrappy and don't EVER QUIT! There will be good things in store for the Tigers.

Congratulations on the playoff berth...you guys deserve it!

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
Yes, they HAVE really made a difference and will continue to do so. I KNOW these coaches are gonna have the boys going hard at practice this week. There is still the possibility of a District Championhip on the line and the Tigers will NOT be laying down for WC or Sweeny! This is AMAZING seeing how Wharton was picked to finish dead last in district this year...especially after their pre-district losses. There were even the naysayers who said they would go 0-10 this season, which I never agreed with. Their record has already improved over last year and they are CAPABLE of beating anyone at anytime when they are playing they're top-notch game. They played some of the toughest teams in the state already and held their own. This team is scrappy and don't EVER QUIT! There will be good things in store for the Tigers.

Congratulations on the playoff berth...you guys deserve it! Yep, I for one, did not think Wharton could rebound this quickly. Congrats to the Tigers and their coaching staff on such a quick turnaround.

Although, 1 part of your statement is wrong. NOBODY with any sense at all, put Stafford ahead of ya'll.

Most did pick the Tigers to get 5th place though. Anyhow, Congrats..... Good luck everywhere except this coming week. ;)

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Although, 1 part of your statement is wrong. NOBODY with any sense at all, put Stafford ahead of ya'll.

Unfortunately, YOUR WRONG. The WJ-S picked Wharton to finish dead last before we even played our first game this year...yes, our own local paper!! I was in shock that they had even picked Stafford to place higher in District than the Tigers, but they did.

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, YOUR WRONG. The WJ-S picked Wharton to finish dead last before we even played our first game this year...yes, our own local paper!! I was in shock that they had even picked Stafford to place higher in District than the Tigers, but they did. LOL. I said nobody wit "any sense at all" put Stafford ahead of Wharton.

Apparently, they don't have any sense.

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 06:54 PM
LOL. I said nobody wit "any sense at all" put Stafford ahead of Wharton.

Apparently, they don't have any sense.

LOL, Necks Fan, you're so right! That's been my sentiments for quite some time.

Necks_Fan
10-25-2008, 06:56 PM
LOL, Necks Fan, you're so right! That's been my sentiments for quite some time. Yep, Honestly, I don;t care if we lose this game, I would just LOVE to see some improvement from us.

It would be nice to play a full game.:)

TigerFan51
10-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Yep, Honestly, I don;t care if we lose this game, I would just LOVE to see some improvement from us.

It would be nice to play a full game.:)

I fully understand! Those of us who love the game certainly love to see our teams do well. It is hard to see them not be successful...I remember the feeling all too well from last year for us! I do hope that you see some improvement but not too much now...lol!

:D

fireman1
10-25-2008, 10:49 PM
good luck to both of these teams... I know WC has always played the Tigers hard and I dont think its any different this time around good luck tigers with the rest of the season and the playoffs!!!

carter08
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Necks haven't had the best season. I think they'll win this one, though.

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Necks haven't had the best season. I think they'll win this one, though. Yea, played a brutal non district to help us in district but never really panned out like we hoped it would.

The Tigers have nothing to lose, so we just need to go out and win.

It would atleast be something, since we are no longer in contention for the playoffs. :(

bird_fan
10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Yep, I for one, did not think Wharton could rebound this quickly. Congrats to the Tigers and their coaching staff on such a quick turnaround.

Most did pick the Tigers to get 5th place though. Anyhow, Congrats..... Good luck everywhere except this coming week. ;)

well if van sant was still coaching wharton i would have picked them last

maestro
10-26-2008, 07:57 PM
OUCH !!!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by maestro
OUCH !!! ?:confused:

fireman1
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
what are the District records? I should know them but I've been kinda busy lately

TigerFan51
10-26-2008, 09:01 PM

The Tigers have nothing to lose, so we just need to go out and win.

Uh...yeah...:doh: ...the Tigers DO have something to lose. We are still in contention for the District Championship and you better believe that Coach Hunt and crew will have the Tigers firing on all cylinders for these next two games! As I've said before, the Tigers are NOT gonna lay down from here on out!

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Uh...yeah...:doh: ...the Tigers DO have something to lose. We are still in contention for the District Championship and you better believe that Coach Hunt and crew will have the Tigers firing on all cylinders for these next two games! As I've said before, the Tigers are NOT gonna lay down from here on out! Lol. True dat. I forgot about the DC. :doh:

I don't think Wharton will beat Sweeny, but then again, I didn;t think they would beat anybody besides Stafford either. :doh:

Yea, well, I guess we will have to go earn it then. ;)

Originally posted by fireman1
what are the District records? I should know them but I've been kinda busy lately Wharton (3-0)
Sweeny (3-0)
Brookshire (2-1)
Needville (1-2)
Columbia (0-3)
Stafford (0-3)

:(

JDOG
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
If SCrub-C doesn't turn rhe ball over 4 or 5 times they will win. Their D can stop Wharton. But they can't get rid of the mistakes they have made all year.

TigerFan51
10-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
If SCrub-C doesn't turn rhe ball over 4 or 5 times they will win. Their D can stop Wharton. But they can't get rid of the mistakes they have made all year.

I don't like predicting winners/losers but choose just to support my team, however, this is exactly what everyone was saying about Needville too!

I don't see anything mentioned about Wharton's D but they've only allowed 24 points over the last three games. Wharton's D is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Necks_fan...remember this?

5. Wharton- After a VERY disappointing season last year and coaching changes this offseason, Wharton seems to be headed for a down season now, but new Head Coach Stacey Hunt will have the Tigers back in 2009

pancho villa
10-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Congrats to Wharton for making the playoffs. Also great job to my friends that coach there.

TIGER FAN
10-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Uh...yeah...:doh: ...the Tigers DO have something to lose. We are still in contention for the District Championship and you better believe that Coach Hunt and crew will have the Tigers firing on all cylinders for these next two games! As I've said before, the Tigers are NOT gonna lay down from here on out!

From what I understand - win or lose on friday we could still be playing for DC.

TigerFan51
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
From what I understand - win or lose on friday we could still be playing for DC.

The only possibility if we lose this week is that we'd have to beat Sweeny then it'd be a Co-District Championship. I'd rather just win it outright myself...how about you?

How hungrey ARE the Tigers?????

TIGER FAN
10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
The only possibility if we lose this week is that we'd have to beat Sweeny then it'd be a Co-District Championship. I'd rather just win it outright myself...how about you?

How hungrey ARE the Tigers?????

If we were to lose and then beat Sweeny - that would put us in a tie with Sweeny with 1 loss each. Then it would go head to head with us beating them..... We would be District Champs!

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't like predicting winners/losers but choose just to support my team, however, this is exactly what everyone was saying about Needville too!

I don't see anything mentioned about Wharton's D but they've only allowed 24 points over the last three games. Wharton's D is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Necks_fan...remember this?

5. Wharton- After a VERY disappointing season last year and coaching changes this offseason, Wharton seems to be headed for a down season now, but new Head Coach Stacey Hunt will have the Tigers back in 2009 No, the Jays asre just too slow.

With the Necks it's about turnovers.

2 Lost Fumbles and 4 Int's against BR and we still only lost by 10.

Our D has bailed out our O all season.

We'll see if they can change it up.

I know there are TONS of people calling for QB changes... I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible... but it's tough these days.

And yes, I remember that. I have already siad that I underestimated Wharton this year. They ahve turned it around in a big way quick. Congrats to the Tigers. What else do you want me to say about it?

I was just one of many that though the Necks would win the DC championship this year, including Dave Campbell.

Good luck to the Necks. :)

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
If SCrub-C doesn't turn rhe ball over 4 or 5 times they will win. Their D can stop Wharton. But they can't get rid of the mistakes they have made all year. It's quite dissapointing.

We have played 2 good games, and it equalled a W against St. Pius and the game coming down to 2 missed EP's vs El Campo.

I see a blowout coming this week. ;)

IHStangFan
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Gimme Wharton by 2 TDs.

TigerFan51
10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
No, the Jays asre just too slow.

With the Necks it's about turnovers.

2 Lost Fumbles and 4 Int's against BR and we still only lost by 10.

Our D has bailed out our O all season.

We'll see if they can change it up.

I know there are TONS of people calling for QB changes... I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible... but it's tough these days.

And yes, I remember that. I have already siad that I underestimated Wharton this year. They ahve turned it around in a big way quick. Congrats to the Tigers. What else do you want me to say about it?

I was just one of many that though the Necks would win the DC championship this year, including Dave Campbell.

Good luck to the Necks. :)

I'm just joshing with ya Necks_fan, no harm meant at all. I know it'll be a tough game for both teams and they both will be playing with all they've got...

Crasher
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
you had four interceptions and only lost by ten because you were down 28-10 in the fourth and had to throw to get back in it. Your "touchdown" that led to the 18 points was bounced off another kid and caught by a receiver who happened to be where the ball bounced. BR beat you pretty soundly. However, having said that. I will take WC over Wharton because I think WC is a better football team if they can stop making so many mistakes...

mac77
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
you had four interceptions and only lost by ten because you were down 28-10 in the fourth and had to throw to get back in it. Your "touchdown" that led to the 18 points was bounced off another kid and caught by a receiver who happened to be where the ball bounced. BR beat you pretty soundly. However, having said that. I will take WC over Wharton because I think WC is a better football team if they can stop making so many mistakes...

If you remember, it was a pretty close game until WC muffed a punt and BR scored in two plays. It was all down hill from there for the DUB!

Necks_Fan
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
you had four interceptions and only lost by ten because you were down 28-10 in the fourth and had to throw to get back in it. Your "touchdown" that led to the 18 points was bounced off another kid and caught by a receiver who happened to be where the ball bounced. BR beat you pretty soundly. However, having said that. I will take WC over Wharton because I think WC is a better football team if they can stop making so many mistakes... IF you remember, thew score right before that was a pick6 by yall's D.... so it wasn't exactly as "soundly" as you make it out to be..... OUR TD at the end was atleast on OFFENSE.

:rolleyes:

And what Mac said, we got a stop on you guys when were down by 4, count them 4, points.

Our PR makes a bone head decision by trying to pick up a bouncing kick and muffs it. Leads to about a 50 yd gain for BR and ultimately a TD.

So, you can take "your" sound win and put it where it belongs....

Point is, WC has 6 turnovers and loses by 10. 1 ofd which was a TD for ya'll, and the pther set ya'll up for a TD.

Be proud of that. :rolleyes:

R4Editor
10-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Wharton by 7

IHStangFan
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I will take WC over Wharton because I think WC is a better football team if they can stop making so many mistakes... not making costly mistakes is part of being a good football team.

Crasher
10-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Necks fan..

are you really supporting your team by saying that royal should not be proud of their victory because they could only beat yall by ten?
I will take a win no matter how we can get it.
From the sound of it, you would too.

JDOG
10-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Points from turnovers and penalties don't count. Discipline doesn't effect those things.

Crasher
10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Points from turnovers and penalties don't count. Discipline doesn't effect those things.

What do you mean?

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Whartons secondary coach wears tight pants, and drinks tea with his pinkie sticking out!

TigerFan51
10-28-2008, 10:14 AM

What do you mean?

That's what I was wondering too! I think I know what was meant but not sure, so I'll refrain from saying.

Personally, I don't care if it's offense OR defense scoring the points as long as there's enough points on the scoreboard at the end of the game for my team to win...even if it IS by only ONE measley point...I'll take the win any day, any old way! One point more than your opponent on the scoreboard at the end of the game is all it takes to keep moving ya on down the road.

TigerFan51
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Whartons secondary coach wears tight pants, and drinks tea with his pinkie sticking out!

Takes one to know one!

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Takes one to know one!

That is so 3rd grade.

TigerFan51
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
That is so 3rd grade.

Originally posted by pancho villa Whartons secondary coach wears tight pants, and drinks tea with his pinkie sticking out!

...and this wasn't?:blahblah: :D

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
...and this wasn't?:blahblah: :D

No, it is a fact!

Johnnypaycheck
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
WC's secondary coach is sad because his whipping boy isn't there for him to make fun of on a daily basis. He has to find other ways to take out his tension now that he is gone.

Pancho, you better watch your elbow on friday night...someone from Wharton has his sights set on it!

TigerFan51
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
No, it is a fact!

:1offtopc: :thmbdwn: :1popcorn:

How about taking this to PM's....not for the open forum!

I saw on Pancho's profile his occupation listed as "coach". You're telling me a coach is actually behaving this immaturely in PUBLIC??? I say it's a sad state of affairs...:eek: :eek: :1omg!:

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
:1offtopc: :thmbdwn: :1popcorn:

How about taking this to PM's....not for the open forum!

I saw on Pancho's profile his occupation listed as "coach". You're telling me a coach is actually behaving this immaturely in PUBLIC??? I say it's a sad state of affairs...:eek: :eek: :1omg!:

"Lighten up Francis" he is a good friend of mine!

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
WC's secondary coach is sad because his whipping boy isn't there for him to make fun of on a daily basis. He has to find other ways to take out his tension now that he is gone.

Pancho, you better watch your elbow on friday night...someone from Wharton has his sights set on it!

Hey, going for the elbow is hitting below the belt!

FbCoachB40
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Tigerfan is sure uptight isn't he, Pancho? If you are new to the board and don't understand who are friends and who aren't; keep your personal PM comments to yourself.

Unless you are just trying to put more numbers to your posts.

FbCoachB40
10-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Plus, if this is immature; you sure don't want to see Pancho in person. He hasn't even began to scratch the surface. HAH!!!

How ya doin' Pancho?

TigerFan51
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Tigerfan is sure uptight isn't he, Pancho? If you are new to the board and don't understand who are friends and who aren't; keep your personal PM comments to yourself.

Unless you are just trying to put more numbers to your posts.

Be sure to check your PM's, Fb Coach!

This thread IS about the Wharton/Columbia football game this week!!!! Ya'll can do all the elbow rubbing or whatever else you guys do, but I'd just like to see the thread get back to discussing the game this week and be done with all this silliness...regardless of WHO are friends.

FbCoachB40
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Are you a Moderator???????

Oh! You're not...Thank you!

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Necks fan..

are you really supporting your team by saying that royal should not be proud of their victory because they could only beat yall by ten?
I will take a win no matter how we can get it.
From the sound of it, you would too. No, I'm telling you just how "sound" your vicory was.

And yea, I would take a W however we could get it, but I am not going to come on here and say it was a "sound" win if the other team just about hands us 2 TD's and we win by 10. :rolleyes:

Crasher
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I understand your point. Now yall do me a favor and Beat Wharton......Then I'll say whatever you want me too.

Necks_Fan
10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I understand your point. Now yall do me a favor and Beat Wharton......Then I'll say whatever you want me too. Lol. I HOPE.

The players are determined to end this season on a positive note.

Let's mess up Wharton's chance at a DC!;)

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Plus, if this is immature; you sure don't want to see Pancho in person. He hasn't even began to scratch the surface. HAH!!!

How ya doin' Pancho?

I'm good, Haven't seen you on in a while. How are things?

pancho villa
10-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Be sure to check your PM's, Fb Coach!

This thread IS about the Wharton/Columbia football game this week!!!! Ya'll can do all the elbow rubbing or whatever else you guys do, but I'd just like to see the thread get back to discussing the game this week and be done with all this silliness...regardless of WHO are friends.

Can I be your friend?

TigerFan51
10-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Lol. I HOPE.

The players are determined to end this season on a positive note.

Let's mess up Wharton's chance at a DC!;)

The Tigers will be ready! The boys know very well what's at stake here, as well as the coaches...They will NOT be taking this game lightly by any means...

themsu97
10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Tigerfan getting mad at Pancho... what did Pancho out eat you at a buffet... you should not be shocked... I guess Tiger fan has no clue that Whartons new secondary/baseball coach came from COlumbia...
little slow on the uptake I guess...

wassup Panch... tell crop he is still fat

pancho villa
10-29-2008, 07:26 AM
The Tigers will be ready! The boys know very well what's at stake here, as well as the coaches...They will NOT be taking this game lightly by any means...

Oh no! The Necks have no chance.

themsu97
10-29-2008, 07:29 AM
here is the post I most like to see...

well, our team is overmatched and they know it so we have not practiced all week... the coaches told our good underclassmen to suit up on JV to give ourselves a chance... we will not be fired up and ready to play this week

TigerFan51
10-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you guys want to discuss football or just sling insults...I, for one, just want to turn my discussion to the game of football and nothing else.

I did not and have not said that WC is not fired up nor have I said they have no chance. I know that WC always plays Wharton tough and this week will be no different. My response was to Necks_fan's post and that the Tigers are gonna play hard just as the Roughnecks are, nothing more, nothing less. I believe in being diplomatic and respectful of any/all opponents...that's just good sportsmanship. I admire Necks_fan's many posts, by the way...I welcome the perspective Necks_fan's posts brings into the discussion.

I'm not mad at Pancho...just find the rhetoric rather off-color and unnecessary, not to mention not relevant to the topic under discussion at all.

What's up with you guys anyway? So our secondary/baseball coach came from Columbia...great...all of you guys are buddies...wonderful...let's just talk about the game and let the rest of this go...

pancho villa
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Do you guys want to discuss football or just sling insults...I, for one, just want to turn my discussion to the game of football and nothing else.

I did not and have not said that WC is not fired up nor have I said they have no chance. I know that WC always plays Wharton tough and this week will be no different. My response was to Necks_fan's post and that the Tigers are gonna play hard just as the Roughnecks are, nothing more, nothing less. I believe in being diplomatic and respectful of any/all opponents...that's just good sportsmanship. I admire Necks_fan's many posts, by the way...I welcome the perspective Necks_fan's posts brings into the discussion.

I'm not mad at Pancho...just find the rhetoric rather off-color and unnecessary, not to mention not relevant to the topic under discussion at all.

What's up with you guys anyway? So our secondary/baseball coach came from Columbia...great...all of you guys are buddies...wonderful...let's just talk about the game and let the rest of this go...

Hey you told fbcoachb40 you did not like me in 2001 and don't like me now! That hurts my feelings.:( Word out is West Columbia is running a new offense and defense they have been saving just for WHS. Get ready for the thunder!

TigerFan51
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey you told fbcoachb40 you did not like me in 2001 and don't like me now! That hurts my feelings.:( Word out is West Columbia is running a new offense and defense they have been saving just for WHS. Get ready for the thunder!

Please clean you PM box...Thanks!:D

I try hard not to dislike anyone but always reserve the right to dislike their behavior! How interesting since I made those comments in a Private Message to fbcoach40,which is where they needed to stay. If I'd wanted it public, I'd have posted it here. After our PM conversation, I HAD begun to change my mind and now this....

And thanks for the "heads up" too, lol, whether if be fact or fiction!

pancho villa
10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Please clean you PM box...Thanks!:D

I try hard not to dislike anyone but always reserve the right to dislike their behavior! How interesting since I made those comments in a Private Message to fbcoach40,which is where they needed to stay. If I'd wanted it public, I'd have posted it here. After our PM conversation, I HAD begun to change my mind and now this....

And thanks for the "heads up" too, lol, whether if be fact or fiction!

clean! And remember what I told you!!!!!!!

JDOG
10-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Pancho, Don't be a Meanie! Football is a Gentlemans game like golf and you should only say nice things to the opponent and their coaches. Even if they dress like a girl. The Tigers are feeling the pressure. The Scrub has nothing to lose now and the Tigers have it all on the line!

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
The Scrub has nothing to lose now and the Tigers have it all on the line! LOL.

I almost said I like our position, but, then I realized... it's not the best one to have.

I wish we were in Wharton's position.:(

TigerFan51
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
The Scrub has nothing to lose now and the Tigers have it all on the line!

Not exactly true...

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Not exactly true... What's not true about that?

WC is playing, well, just to play....

Wharton's chance at a sole district championship IS on the line.

maestro
10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
so who is big school and small school in this district playoff??

who gets giddings.....who gets bellville??

Antec
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I expect another lower scoring game

game will be decided by a special teams play or turnover

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Turnover Make it plural.....

ONE turnover any team can withstand.... but multiple.... that;s where the game is decided.

And depends on if Needville beats BR.

If Needville wins, they go D1...... which I don't think will happen.

If BR wins, then Wharton will go D1, I think. (I think this is more likely)

TigerFan51
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
What's not true about that?

WC is playing, well, just to play....

Wharton's chance at a sole district championship IS on the line.

True about a sole District Championship but that's not what was said, but not true about a District Championship. There still would be the possibility of a Co-District Championship...just giving a possible scenario, not writing anything in stone...

pancho villa
10-30-2008, 07:19 AM
I think Columbia will win this game, because the secondary coach from Columbia is much more sexy than the secondary coach from Wharton!

Johnnypaycheck
10-30-2008, 07:32 AM
I think Columbia will win this game, because the secondary coach from Columbia is much more sexy than the secondary coach from Wharton!

Blue and Red is much more slimming than maroon and black...you get your fence put up...thanks for the help last weekend! LOL...

pancho villa
10-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Blue and Red is much more slimming than maroon and black...you get your fence put up...thanks for the help last weekend! LOL...

Fence is up. By the way My State Farm agent came by to help me with the fence, because he figured you would have pleanty of help, and I wouldn't.

Johnnypaycheck
10-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Like a good neighbor...Yeah, I am glad your fearless leader came by to help me...tell the agent I should drop him for not coming to help.

TigerFan51
10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Now to get things back on track...game day tomorrow and I'm sure it's gonna be a doosie!

Let's go Tigers!!

fireman1
10-30-2008, 09:18 PM
i know of a couple kids that arent gonna be playing for Wharton and it may hurt them but hopefully the tigers can pull through and get a win

Necks_Fan
10-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
i know of a couple kids that arent gonna be playing for Wharton and it may hurt them but hopefully the tigers can pull through and get a win Le the excuses begin..... :D ;)

JK, really though, who's out? (By positions and #'s maybe?)

TigerFan51
10-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Le the excuses begin..... :D ;)

Excuses are only for the incompetent, or ignorant. There's no need for excuses...Don't always believe everything you read or hear...

There's enough depth to overcome small obstacles

fireman1
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Le the excuses begin..... :D ;)

oh no excuses here with what Ive seen from the Tigers they wont let anything stop them from what they worked so hard for this season and last years pain is still with them now... and ive said all i need to about who's out I wont give #'s or positions... you prolly wont even notice these players out tonight

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Rumor I'm hearing is that our QB is going to move out of state soon.

If that true, then why not play the backup and prepare for the future?

I hope #9 gets plenty of PT for the Necks at QB.

I know he will be playing some defense tonight. :)

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Necks by 30+..........:D

Gonna show em what we're made of tongiht. :doh: