PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge

nobogey72
10-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Breck didn't get their current HC until early summer, they only suited up 24 kids (7 of which were Soph. 1 of which was a Fr.). they lost their starting QB on Wednesday of this week, they have only won 1 game all year, and last night they impressed the fire out of me. Coach Sandifer kept talking all week about how hard they played and I don't think anyone really believed him. We do now. What a bunch of warriors. If there is a tougher competitor than Troy Roberson in this district I haven't seen him yet. The only time he was off the field was on kickoff returns. BUT, having said all that, the most impressive thing to me about Breckenridge was the CLASS with which they played. Roberson would run for 15 yds and get popped at the end and would immediately jump up and pat the tackler on the helmet. All of their kids played like that. It was VERY, VERY refreshing to see. They played the game the way it is supposed to be played.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ivchris
10-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Yes they did, Breck was a very good team with great attitude. Their new coach is going to be a winner.

michaelp23
10-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree. Hats off to the Buckaroos on a well played game. They gave it everything they had.

One thing's for sure, Wylie gets everyone's A game. We always have. That was probably the worst I've seen Wylie play since '03 when they lost to Clyde to drop to 2-4. Seems like Wylie was flat and trying not to show anything for the scouts.

But that takes nothing away from the effort and great play of the Buckaroos. And both teams played a nice clean, slobber-knocker game. No trash talk, no dirty plays. Just hard hitting, smash mouth football. That was refreshing to see......

garciap77
10-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
.................................................. .................................................. ............................... Seems like Wylie was flat and trying not to show anything for the scouts............................................ ..................................

I hope you are right, but IMO Breckenridge just out played us most of the time. If it were not for all the bad snaps, which they had many, and the intercepts towards the end of the game, I believe Breckenridge would have won. We better be ready for Graham. We have not be able to beat them in their house the last couple of years, but we are playing at home so we should have the advantage. We need to win against Graham to get some confidence when we play Sweetwater. Sweetwater will be bring it to us this year and we better be able to play like we did against LH and LV, or we are going to have a short run in the playoffs, if we make it. Don't get me wrong I'm not down on the Dogs, but I did not see any aggressiveness or urgency last night from the players. I guarantee you Coach Sandifer will have plenty to say this coming week, if the boys response to his talk, then should win this coming Friday night. I agree with Nobogey , Breckenridge was a class act. Kudos to their coach and staff.