PDA

View Full Version : Sealy 17 Smithville 7

957tiger
10-25-2008, 08:07 AM
This was a good game. Sealy had trouble establishing a running game during the first quarter. Smithville has speed, speed and more speed. Sealy ended up on the board first with a 48 yd field goal. After that it was the battle of the defenses. Sealy was able to open up the game with a couple short passes, this enabled the running game to get untracked. Not sure what the stats are but Smithville did a good job of containing Downey, who still managed to break for some big gains. Smithville stayed in the game with quick passes and ball control, however when Sealy picked off a pass late in the 4th quarter it was all over for Smithville. There was too many flags called on both squads, but I guess that is becoming the standard in high school games. I do want to point out that during the playing of Sealy's school song, Smithville stood on their sideline, and acknowledge the song as a team. Now that was a class-act by the Smithville players and coaching staff, as a matter of fact everyone one in Smithville was friendly and had a smile even in defeat. Nice job. Sealy has regained some needed confidence as they head to Bellville for a classic Austin County shoot-out on Halloween night.

STAggie
10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
This was a good game, but once again the referees tried to control it way to much. Two sideline warnings and only after big plays called on Sealy is a little rediculous. Anyway, I want to thank the whole town of Smithville. You guys are a class act and nothing but friendly. We went to Pockets grill before the game and even though we were the only ones from Sealy there everyone was friendly and not to mention the food was terrific. I also, saw several Smithville players helping Sealy players up after each play, which was nice to see and something I thought had been lost long ago. Once again thanks to Smithville for a great game and a great atmosphere.

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 10:25 AM
The people of Smithville and the school and athletes are clas people. I am not surprised that the kids helped Sealy player up after plays. This school and program is getting better all the time and will be a force in this region for a few more years, if this staff stays. Congrats to Sealy on the win and buckle up for Bellville. To the Smithville team and fans, keep your heads up and play hard, you are winners even when the scoreboard dosen't say so.

jrhernandez7
10-25-2008, 11:03 AM
was a great game, couple of big plays realy hurt smithville, but wow that downey sp? is a stud, he is the hardest runner i have seen this year, smithville deffense realy is playing well late in the season, the offense just could not get any thing established. i could see why sealy was ranked so high in pre season they have some studs on that team an size and speed, an looks like there starting to get things together, cuddos to sealy on a good performance, smithville is taking the right steps to take it to the next level in futre seasons.

STAggie
10-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Smithville is the fastest defense Sealy has seen so far and really did a great job of shutting Downey down in the open field. The open field tackles that save huge runs were amazing to watch. Also, I love Smithville fullback. The guy is massive and it takes 3-4 guys just to bring him down. He runs hard and he runs straight. Several times he was hit in the backfield and just kept his feet moving and would still get 4-6 yards. If Smithville could find a passing game they would be deadly.

R4Editor
10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
great win for Sealy & it sounds like Smithville is coming into their own.

big games for both teams this week!

Sealy @ Bellville - Sealy by 1
Smithville @ Giddings - Giddings by 3

Good Luck to all

Bull19
10-26-2008, 01:54 PM
any word on the prescene of sandra b at the game?

48minutes
10-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
any word on the prescene of sandra b at the game?

She was in attendance, was sitting in the box seats though.

BOCEPHUS
10-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
She was in attendance, was sitting in the box seats though.

WUZ NOT, SHE WUZ A SITT'N IN MY LAP:inlove: