PDA

View Full Version : Div 1 and Div 2 teams

44INAROW
10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
with the district races winding down - are we getting any closer in determining who will be Div 1 and Div 2? Ususally in Cuero's district, it comes down to the last game to see who'll go Div 1, I assume other districts are in the same situation. Any districts pretty much set on who'll be 1 or 2?

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Nothing for certain here just yet. Currently, Wimberley & Llano are tied for 2nd and will play this week. Burnet is likely the DI rep.

WOS87
10-25-2008, 01:11 AM
With both Waco Connally and Gonzales losing tonight it almost guarantees that BOTH Cuero and Waco La Vega are going Division I this year

trojan37
10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Next weeks game between West and Gatesville will finally determine the 7-3A slots. If West wins, it should turn out as:
China Spring- District champs and DI Rep
Glen Rose- 2nd place and DII
West- 3rd place and DII

If Gatesville wins:
China Spring - District champ and DII
Glen Rose - 2nd place and DII
Gatesville - 3rd place and DI

Rabid Cougar
10-25-2008, 09:17 AM
T37 See, my preseason predictions still might be correct.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I am not sure that Greenwood will even make it this year.

But as the smallest school in our district, we always know DII is where we will go....if we go!

GWOOD
10-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am not sure that Greenwood will even make it this year.

But as the smallest school in our district, we always know DII is where we will go....if we go!

Yea RM, we should keep our playoff streak going. We will probably go as the #3 seed and, as you said, in DII.

It would take a Brownfield victory over Monahans or a Greenwood loss to Lamesa to force a tie with Brownfield. A combination of both could knock us out.

So, all things are possible but we are sitting in the driver's seat.

sinton66
10-25-2008, 09:49 AM
We're now the third largest school in our district. Should be a lock that we'd go DII. Robstown appears to be a lock for DI and Ingleside appears to be the front runner for the other DII spot.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Yea RM, we should keep our playoff streak going. We will probably go as the #3 seed and, as you said, in DII.

It would take a Brownfield victory over Monahans or a Greenwood loss to Lamesa to force a tie with Brownfield. A combination of both could knock us out.

So, all things are possible but we are sitting in the driver's seat.

I had both grandkids last night, so I didn't go. But from what Jimmy said, sounded like Kinsey tore it up!!

I hope to make the next 2!

trojandad
10-25-2008, 10:34 AM
in district 22, the winner of next weeks splendora/huffman (i'm pickin huffman) will go DI....the winner of next week's coldspring/cleveland game will go first spot DII, the loser second spot....

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
District 24 will have Navasota as Division 1 and likely Cameron as first Division 2 and Rockdale as second Division 2. Second division 2 spot is still a little shaky but the Rock now has the inside track with thier win over Caldwell.

sotex
10-25-2008, 11:19 AM
District 29 will have Bandera as district champs going D1. The D2 schools will be Pearsall and most likely Devine.

No playoffs for the Hondo Owls this year.

GWOOD
10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had both grandkids last night, so I didn't go. But from what Jimmy said, sounded like Kinsey tore it up!!

I hope to make the next 2!

Kinsey is tearing it up. He just continue to amazes me this year. I am going to look up his stats for the year and make a post about it. I know his stats have got to be all-state caliber but he is not getting any attention.

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 06:06 PM
D24 is lookint like Navasota will go DI and Cameron and Rockdale/Caldwell for DII. Dont know for sure though but Cameron beat Rockdale and the Rock beat Caldwell so Cameron SHOULD beat Caldwell right? Well you never know with these great teams playing. Caldwell, Cameron, Rockdale and Navasota are filled with Talent and Navasota is pretty much lock in and its a fight between Cameron, Rockdale, and Caldwell. Hopefully the Yoe will keep it close this week against Navasota and pull out the upset next week against Caldwell. GO YOE, GO D24

gobbler grad
10-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Looks like Cuero will go big school...Yoakum and Goliad fight it out for 2nd & 3rd, unless Edna finds a miracle somewhere along the way...:thinking: