PDA

View Full Version : hey brownwood

TigerPride
10-24-2008, 11:45 PM
have yall ever lost to a 1-6 team?????? WELCOME to 3a......

GO TIGERS!!!!(the best 5-3 team in the state)

DU_stud04
10-24-2008, 11:56 PM
hey tigerpride......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Stay classy dude!!

garciap77
10-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride

Careful you haven't play BW yet! Or Breck!

:D

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

What did you guys think of Breckenridges RB... Did you hold him down... he really impressed me..

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hey tigerpride......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:ditto: :ditto:

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 01:53 AM

OH NO, I hope Rocket is okay after that game. GREAT WIN STEERS AND CONGRATULATES TO COACH GRAHAM AND HIS TEAM.

ZOHAN
10-25-2008, 03:29 AM

That Breck team is for sure not a push over.

I think Sweetwater and Snyder will both beat Brownwood.

This big win for Graham is HUGE for them, it's nice seeing a team keep fighting every game even when they went into it 1-6...hats off to the Graham Steers!:clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
OH NO, I hope Rocket is okay after that game. GREAT WIN STEERS AND CONGRATULATES TO COACH GRAHAM AND HIS TEAM.

It's Coach McCoy you dork!

bobcat1
10-25-2008, 06:29 AM
:ditto:

grahampaw
10-25-2008, 09:02 AM
I think Brownwood will beat both Snyder and Sweetwater,they both depend on the run so much that it will be hard for them to keep up the scoring with Brownwood.Brownwood had to worry about the pass so much they had to conceed the run.It was a great game by our QB McCoy the best I have seen him,he cut out the mistakes and made good decisions.The biggest differance in the game was having 2 back on D in the second half and playing some of our O-lineman in the second half on the D-line.Our O-line dominated the D-line of B-wood all night, several times Mc Coy stood back and waited for someone to open up.

bwdlionfan
10-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I think Brownwood will beat both Snyder and Sweetwater,they both depend on the run so much that it will be hard for them to keep up the scoring with Brownwood.Brownwood had to worry about the pass so much they had to conceed the run.It was a great game by our QB McCoy the best I have seen him,he cut out the mistakes and made good decisions.The biggest differance in the game was having 2 back on D in the second half and playing some of our O-lineman in the second half on the D-line.Our O-line dominated the D-line of B-wood all night, several times Mc Coy stood back and waited for someone to open up.

Hats off to Coach McCoy for making some second half adjustments, we are getting used to seeing teams make adjustments at the half to beat us. The difference last night was, we didn't make any.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Hats off to Coach McCoy for making some second half adjustments, we are getting used to seeing teams make adjustments at the half to beat us. The difference last night was, we didn't make any.

Hey bwdlionfan...it was nice to meet you last night. Maybe next time it will be a little more fun circumstances for us...

DOS EQUIS
10-25-2008, 09:37 AM

It is funny that all the teams that play Sweetwater know that Sweetwater will run the ball. With all this infinite knowledge why can't some these teams stop Sweetwater? The big boys from Graham, Breck and Snyder have tried but failed. Brownwood may be able to slow down Sweetwater but to stop Sweetwater's run game, I don't see it happening. I have seen Brownwoods passing game. The first drive against Wylie was very impressive but lost most of its luster during the rest of the game.

garciap77
10-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
What did you guys think of Breckenridges RB... Did you hold him down... he really impressed me..

We could not stop him most of the time. He impressed me too. Their offense line kept us out of the back field too. They do have a good team, but mistakes on their part kept them from winning IMO. Normally our defense keeps us out of trouble, but last night they had it tough. The defense did come thought at the end in with some picks to seal the game. This game should get our players attention. If not, I tell you Graham can hurt you if you are not ready.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I think Brownwood will beat both Snyder and Sweetwater,

Brownwood is capable to beat any team in the state but as shown last night, we are also capable to lose to any team in the state. Not saying Graham is not good, not really sure how they had only won 1 game so far. They played good ball last night. On the other hand, for a Brownwood fan, that game was painful to watch. Again we had opportunites to go up by 3 scores at the end of the 1st half and startng the second and instead got behind on the scoreboard and never scored again.

Brownwood scored 28 points in the 1st quarter and 41 in the 1st half and 0 in the 2nd half. Ouch!!! Great game by Graham but if we have any hope of making the playoffs... we have to keep our heads in the game... the whole game!

grahampaw
10-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Your running game is awesome, im just saying Brownwood should play 8 or 9 close to the line and concentrate on stoping that sweep of yalls.But your right that game will be a good one.

DOS EQUIS
10-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Your running game is awesome, im just saying Brownwood should play 8 or 9 close to the line and concentrate on stoping that sweep of yalls.But your right that game will be a good one.

If Sweetwater can beat Snyder with just 130 off. yards then we will need at least 250+ yards to beat Brownwood. That is also including no turnovers and the D to step it up a notch.

garciap77
10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
If Sweetwater can beat Snyder with just 130 off. yards then we will need at least 250+ yards to beat Brownwood. That is also including no turnovers and the D to step it up a notch.

Sweetwater key to success is not fumbling the ball!

DOS EQUIS
10-25-2008, 10:23 AM

WOW Captain Obvious!!!! thanks for that lil bit of knowledge!!!!! JK!!! buddy

Trashman
10-25-2008, 10:43 AM

http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/fumble.jpg

:D :D :D

Rocket
10-25-2008, 10:59 AM

I am just fine. Thanks for the concern. :rolleyes:

Great game to Coach Graham and the McCoy Steers! :rolleyes:

I hope you are ok as well, STD...

As far as welcoming us to 3A, we got that back on Week 2.

Graham and Brownwood are very similar. We have very young teams and we both throw the ball well. Brownwood vs. Sweetwater should be a great game.

Congrats to Sweetwater for the big win. 2 more weeks to go.

Rocket
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM

I thought you didn't talk football on here! You are just the comic relief! Come on, KNOW YOUR ROLE! ha ha :D

garciap77
10-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DOS EQUIS
WOW Captain Obvious!!!! thanks for that lil bit of knowledge!!!!! JK!!! buddy

You're welcome
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dosequistin.jpg

:p

garciap77
10-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Rocket
I thought you didn't talk football on here! You are just the comic relief! Come on, KNOW YOUR ROLE! ha ha :D

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

;)

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I am just fine. Thanks for the concern. :rolleyes:

Great game to Coach Graham and the McCoy Steers! :rolleyes:

I hope you are ok as well, STD...

As far as welcoming us to 3A, we got that back on Week 2.

Graham and Brownwood are very similar. We have very young teams and we both throw the ball well. Brownwood vs. Sweetwater should be a great game.

Congrats to Sweetwater for the big win. 2 more weeks to go.

Don't worry Rocket and Addict, I'll bring crying towels for both of you when you come to Snyder in two weeks and then you can go and help air up the basketballs.

garciap77
10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't worry Rocket and Addict, I'll bring crying towels for both of you when you come to Snyder in two weeks and then you can go and help air up the basketballs.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/surprised02.gif

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Does anyone think Brownwood will stay ranked in some polls considering they are 3-5 and just lost to a 1-6 team? :thinking:

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Does anyone think Brownwood will stay ranked in some polls considering they are 3-5 and just lost to a 1-6 team? :thinking: As crazy as it sounds...yes. I don't know how to explain it, but they ARE a good team.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Does anyone think Brownwood will stay ranked in some polls considering they are 3-5 and just lost to a 1-6 team? :thinking:

Your kidding right!

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Your kidding right! haha - i don't know that bwood will be ranked, but i still think they can beat several teams that are ranked in the top 25. :thinking:

what do i know? i'm just a woman! :D

Lion_Addict
10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha - i don't know that bwood will be ranked, but i still think they can beat several teams that are ranked in the top 25. :thinking:

And I still like the way you think ;) . Glad to see you "woman"! :D

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
haha - i don't know that bwood will be ranked, but i still think they can beat several teams that are ranked in the top 25. :thinking:

I was only asking if people thought they would be ranked. I am sure they can beat teams in the top 25, but they can also lose to teams in the bottom 25. Should a team be ranked based on quality of losses? Or will this loss to a 1-6 team knock them out of the top 25 for the remainder of the season?

garciap77
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I was only asking if people thought they would be ranked. I am sure they can beat teams in the top 25, but they can also lose to teams in the bottom 25. Should a team be ranked based on quality of losses? Or will this loss to a 1-6 team knock them out of the top 25 for the remainder of the season?

Knock them out of the top 25!

Lion_Addict
10-25-2008, 12:38 PM

I seriously think you have a good point man. :thinking: Guess we shall see. I still say if we can just get in (Playoffs.....Jim Mora's voice needs to get outta my head :mad: ), and that's gonna be no easy task, Brownwood could be very dangerous.... if all the mistakes are corrected. P4S knows what she's talkin bout ;) .

Am I flip flopping Looking4#8???? I'm still so friggin :vrycnfsd:

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM

Thruth is Brownwood has one of the top offenses in the state, especially the passing game. The hard part for us our defense continues to struggle with every team. Great kids out there with some good talent. We just have not been able to put it together defensely in any game yet. To be ranked in the top 25, you must be able to hold opponents... So no, right now, we do not deserve to be in the top 25.

Dont get me wrong, I still believe in my Lions!!! Hopefully we can get it together for the last 2 weeks of the regular season and make some noise in the playoffs. For the most part we still control our own destiny!

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Thruth is Brownwood has one of the top offenses in the state, especially the passing game. The hard part for us our defense continues to struggle with every team. Great kids out there with some good talent. We just have not been able to put it together defensely in any game yet. To be ranked in the top 25, you must be able to hold opponents... So no, right now, we do not deserve to be in the top 25.

Dont get me wrong, I still believe in my Lions!!! Hopefully we can get it together for the last 2 weeks of the regular season and make some noise in the playoffs. For the most part we still control our own destiny!

Thank you you've said it better than I could, but that's what I was thinking. :)

Good Luck to the Lions!

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I seriously think you have a good point man. :thinking: Guess we shall see. I still say if we can just get in (Playoffs.....Jim Mora's voice needs to get outta my head :mad: ), and that's gonna be no easy task, Brownwood could be very dangerous.... if all the mistakes are corrected. P4S knows what she's talkin bout ;) .

Am I flip flopping Looking4#8???? I'm still so friggin :vrycnfsd:

I have no doubt that Brownwood is a fair team. I think any team that can hang with some of the teams Brownwood has hung with has to be good. I just wonder how long pollsters will give them credit for losing before they snub them for not winning.

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I was only asking if people thought they would be ranked. I am sure they can beat teams in the top 25, but they can also lose to teams in the bottom 25. Should a team be ranked based on quality of losses? Or will this loss to a 1-6 team knock them out of the top 25 for the remainder of the season? True. What do you think?

This is why I don't like rankings. I can see both sides.

Examples: La Vernia beats Cuero, yet most everyone has Cuero ranked above La Vernia and a lot of folks don't even have La Vernia ranked. Why not? They beat Cuero, right? Wrong.

I had La Vega ranked above Wylie even after Wylie beat them, because I believe La Vega had an off night. haha

It's crazy. Or maybe it's just me! ;)

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I have no doubt that Brownwood is a fair team. I think any team that can hang with some of the teams Brownwood has hung with has to be good. I just wonder how long pollsters will give them credit for losing before they snub them for not winning.

Honestly I dont think there is a person in Brownwood that gives a rats hind quarter (toned down for the downlow) about us being the top 25 poll.. We just want to see the team play to its awesome potental, or at least close to it.

cameron91
10-25-2008, 12:49 PM
would would have thought , the BRADY BEARKATZ would be the best team in that area..

sic'em bulldawgs

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
would would have thought , the BRADY BEARKATZ would be the best team in that area..

sic'em bulldawgs

Hope Bangs kicks there butts the last week of the season...Bangs has made huge strides this year and are now 5-0 in that district with only an open week and Brady to play

Go Bangs!!

Lion_Addict
10-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Hope Bangs kicks there butts the last week of the season... Go Bangs!!

:ditto: Dragon fan here.... :wave:

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 12:58 PM
True. What do you think?

This is why I don't like rankings. I can see both sides.

Examples: La Vernia beats Cuero, yet most everyone has Cuero ranked above La Vernia and a lot of folks don't even have La Vernia ranked. Why not? They beat Cuero, right? Wrong.

I had La Vega ranked above Wylie even after Wylie beat them, because I believe La Vega had an off night. haha

It's crazy. Or maybe it's just me! ;)

I am not sure. I think they should drop for sure now considering this most recent loss, but you never know. The flip side is I think they are capable of playing top 25 football, but they have not done that consistently. I guess it depends on what the pollsters use to gauge their rankings.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 01:13 PM
I guess it depends on what the pollsters use to gauge their rankings.

You guys are crazy... Man I am the biggest homer there is for Brownwood (and I stll believe in my lions) but if we stay in the top 25 now, you would have to wonder what nudey bar they and hanging at to vote... and ask if I can join them cause it must be one h#$% of a party!

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 01:14 PM
You guys are crazy... Man I am the biggest homer there is for Brownwood (and I stll believe in my lions) but if we stay in the top 25 now, you would have to wonder what nudey bar they and hanging at to vote... and ask if I can join them cause it must be one h#$% of a party!

Well according to some polls Brownwood was still ranked going into the Graham game. I thought that was strange to say the least.

And I agree with you...

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 01:22 PM

And I agree with you...

About the rankings or the party?

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 01:26 PM

PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS. The best case scenario is a 5-5 season, a step down from the projected 10-0.

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 01:28 PM

If the offense is so great, why are they 3-5 and fighting just to make the playoffs.

BwdLion73
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Guess you will have to wait a couple of weeks to find out.:D :D

wimbo_pro
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
If the offense is so great, why are they 3-5 and fighting just to make the playoffs.

i think the answer is kind of obvious...it's the defense.

cameron91
10-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Bangs will not beat BRADY.not going to happen..brady has the ROCKET MAN..

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Guess you will have to wait a couple of weeks to find out.:D :D

Bring It On.

By the way, is Brownwood the best 3-5 team in the state.

:D :D

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
Bangs will not beat BRADY.not going to happen..brady has the ROCKET MAN..

GO AWAY!

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
GO AWAY!

HAHA

Silly Snyder fans just lost a game and are talking smack! :doh:

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 02:03 PM

By the way, is Brownwood the best 3-5 team in the state.

:D :D

Sorry brother, you stole that line from Sweetwater, we are not going to steal it from you... Try to think of something original... take you time, no pressure here.... we will wait for you!

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 02:30 PM
HAHA

Silly Snyder fans just lost a game and are talking smack! :doh:

Lookingfornumber 8 is from BROWNWOOD

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Not sure, I think she just hit the wrong quote button... Easy to do, especially at my age! (not saying she is my age!)

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Not sure, I think she just hit the wrong quote button... Easy to do, especially at my age! (not saying she is my age!)

I admit that I've done that in the past and it's easy to do.

Rocket
10-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I admit that I've done that in the past and it's easy to do.

You are just an idiot.

Please quote the 10-0 projection. You know the one that makes up 99.9% of your posts.

Rocket
10-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Why should we be ranked at all? We haven't earned it. We have alot of talent, just not getting it done. Talent is half the battle. Getting it done is the other. Brownwood is simply not getting it done. We out talent most teams out there, it just isn't translating into wins. Also, my projection coming into 3A was that we had the talent to make some big noise, and I was right. It is there. Alot more factors to putting it all together. The funny thing is, we are still not done. 2 Weeks left to put it all together. Time is running out and it is time for us to step up. Do or die.

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Lookingfornumber 8 is from BROWNWOOD I know he's from Brownwood. I was referring to you & Tiger Pride.

Stay with me here, mkay?

I was laughing at him telling you to "GO AWAY" and then talking to HIM about you silly Snyder people!

rockdale80
10-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Why should we be ranked at all? We haven't earned it. We have alot of talent, just not getting it done. Talent is half the battle. Getting it done is the other. Brownwood is simply not getting it done. We out talent most teams out there, it just isn't translating into wins. Also, my projection coming into 3A was that we had the talent to make some big noise, and I was right. It is there. Alot more factors to putting it all together. The funny thing is, we are still not done. 2 Weeks left to put it all together. Time is running out and it is time for us to step up. Do or die.

Good luck to the Lions. I dont think either game that is left will be a pushover.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 06:52 PM
p4s is my new best friend

TigerPride
10-25-2008, 06:54 PM
We just want to see the team play to its awesome potental,

what potential????? they just lost to a 1-6 team lol......sounds like the defense misses vacarro..

GO TIGERS!!!(the best 5-3 team in the state)

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 06:55 PM
p4s is my new best friend

Get in line buddy.:D

pirate4state
10-25-2008, 06:56 PM
what potential????? they just lost to a 1-6 team lol......sounds like the defense misses vacarro..

you'll understand in a few weeks or not

TigerPride
10-25-2008, 07:03 PM
you'll understand in a few weeks or not

We better make the playoffs. I want another shot at the ponies. 21-20. Ya'll remember.

Go TIGERS!!! (the best 5-3 team in the state)

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 07:39 PM

The upside of this team is incredible. (Ask Liberty Hill) The consistancy is weak. (Ask Graham)

It is stressful this year with so much talent and so many loses... and in my opinion, yes we do miss Vacarro. Anytime you loose that kind of talent, espicially one week away from the season opener, you are going to miss it.

By the way, you have to same district record as us so why are you still talking trash?

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
By the way, you have the same district record as us so why are you still talking trash?

Because they are the best 5-3 team inside the Snyder city limits.:rolleyes:

BwdLion73
10-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Because they are the best 5-3 team inside the Snyder city limits.:rolleyes:

;)

garciap77
10-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Moron; you don't fire your coach just because you have a lack of tallent.:D

What the............http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/confused_smiley.jpg

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 10:16 PM
It is stressful this year with so much talent and so many loses...
Refer to your sig ;)

Bubba-Joe
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
We better make the playoffs. I want another shot at the ponies. 21-20. Ya'll remember.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER
THE FIRST FROM snider TO START TALKING REMATCH WITH SWEETWATER
OF COURSE
snider
WOULD NEED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
FOR THAT TO HAPPEN
DOES snider ALREADY HAVE THE BIG SPRING STADIUM
RESERVED FOR THAT WEEK..........

BAHHAAWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAA

14-7 THIS YEAR

HOW LONG AGO DO YOU BOYS WANT TO GO BACK TO FIND A WIN AGAINST SWEETWATER???????????????????

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Refer to your sig ;)

No way I think these kids dont work hard. Have my on opinions as to what the problem is with our wins and losses. But as for the 35 kids on the varsity... If you try to tell me these kids dont work hard I will try to tell you things that will get me benched from the downlow.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2008, 10:36 PM
No way I think these kids dont work hard. Have my on opinions as to what the problem is with our wins and losses. But as for the 35 kids on the varsity... If you try to tell me these kids dont work hard I will try to tell you things that will get me benched from the downlow.
Oh, I'm not saying they don't, as I'm sure they do! Some teams have to make up for talent by putting in a little more hard work.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Agreed, did not think LH was the most talented team in the world, but the hard work they put in has what caused them to be where they are today.... hence my sig comes into play.

Looking4number8
10-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Not to say you did not have talent because you do... just saying your boys play hard on every play and that makes all the difference in the world.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2008, 08:58 AM

Isn't it sad when you can only bring up ONE game to hinge anything on??

I know how you feel....I find myself always bringing up our ONE run to the STATE CHAMPONSHIP and that was way back in 2002!:p

Gobbla2001
10-26-2008, 11:28 AM
did not think LH was the most talented team in the world

I've never thought that either, but they play harder than any team in the world...

why's errybody hatin on Bwood?

Trashman
10-26-2008, 11:40 AM

We shot ourselves in the foot with 6 offensive turn overs. Our defense just didn't help us when we needed them.:(

Looking4number8
10-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
We shot ourselves in the foot with 6 offensive turn overs. Our defense just didn't help us when we needed them.:(

The first shot was to the foot. From there we moved to the knee, up to the thigh and the 4th shot was a real painful one!!

After that, shots 5 and 6 almost were expected. Hope we can recover and not shoot ourselves in the head this week.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

why's everybody hatin on Bwood?

Gobbla you've been on this board since the beginning. You know
that no matter what a team does or how storied a program is,
all it takes is one poster to get on here and turn everyone else
against him and his team by what he posts. However fair or
unfair that might be.