PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Sealy Tigers (5-3) @ Bellville Brahmas (8-0)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Will Bellville go 9-0 or will Sealy get the win in Bellville? Sealy has played very well with key players back. The Brahmas have been getting by the last 2 weeks with great defense. Bellville has had key starters out, the last 3 weeks, that look to be back vs Sealy. This will be another classic, will Bellville win 8 in a row vs the Tigers or will Sealy stop the lossing streak vs Bellville? Bellville at 3-0 in District are looking good for a play-off spot, Sealy needs a win to stay in the race. Austin County Championship, and a District Championship on the line. Oct. 31, Bellville Texas @ The Pasture of Pain!!!!

Necks_Fan
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I thought Sealy won tonight vs Smithville? :confused: :thinking:

OldBison75
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Both teams will end up in the playoffs and Bellville could go a long ways with Nunn and the defense. However, I have a gut feeling that Sealy feels they have more to prove and will be really readuy for Bellville. It will be close, but I am going on a limb and taking Sealy by 1 in an upset.

buff4ever
10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
FBB, put your beer down and go to bed. Every week you get on here and start a thread for the next game practically before this game is over. It sounds like you guys played pretty ugly, but that doesn't mean you need to hurry into next week on the downlow already.

This game will be a good one. Sealy will have to play a pretty darn good game to win it though. I take bellville in another close one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
FBB, put your beer down and go to bed. Every week you get on here and start a thread for the next game practically before this game is over.

The game has been over for a while, dont give me a hard time. We are ready to get the Austin County Championship underway!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I thought Sealy won tonight vs Smithville? :confused: :thinking:

They won 17-7. Were does it say they lost?

STAggie
10-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Not much to say. One of the best rivalries in 3a and both teams will get after it. I think this game determines the district champion. Gong to be a close one with both defenses shutting the opposing offenses down.

Sealy 17
Bellville 14

Bull's-eye
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Should be a Austin County civil war. Bellville will be ready for the improving Tigers and will take this game 20-14 (3rd week in a row).

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I think this game determines the district champion.

If Bellville wins they would be 4-0, If Sealy wins both teams would be 3-1, Giddings wins they would be 3-1. Bellville with a win would be in the drivers seat, if they lost, there is still one left after this week. sealy needs one more win to get in, Bellville with the win over Columbus clinched a play-off spot, by what the Columbus radio station said? If you have 3 teams at 4-1 their would be a Championship shared by all, that is called a Co- Championship. With Sealys best player back on the team, this will give Bellvilles Defense another chance to win a game.

R4Editor
10-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Undefeated Bellville looks to stay perfect, while 5-3 Sealy needs a win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

This should be a great match up on field as well as on the board! :D

There is no love loss between these two teams & their fans!

Bellville maybe undefeated, but their offense has struggled in the last few games. Can the Brahmas turn it up a notch this week?

Sealy has struggled on & off the field, but seem to have turned a corner. Will it be enough?

Your thoughts? Predictions?

Brahma84
10-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Bellville's offense has to step it up. The defense has won the last two games. They cannot continue to come up with big plays and turnovers to win games. The offense has the potential, they just can't seem to play 4 good quarters.

Bull's-eye
10-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville's offense has to step it up. The defense has won the last two games. They cannot continue to come up with big plays and turnovers to win games. The offense has the potential, they just can't seem to play 4 good quarters.

:iagree: The potential is there for a very good offense. I would like to see more high percentage passes and some quick slants. Spread the field with 4 wide receivers and run Nunn between the tackles. This would keep the opposing defenses from stacking the box.

buff4ever
10-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Not much to say. One of the best rivalries in 3a and both teams will get after it. I think this game determines the district champion. Gong to be a close one with both defenses shutting the opposing offenses down.

Sealy 17
Bellville 14

Well Giddings would appreciate a win from sealy here to potentially give giddings a share of the district title. I don't really understand how this game would determine a district champion. It could cause a real mess in the district with the last week of district being very important.

With that being said, I still think bellville takes this one. Sealy won't quite be able to put enough offense together to win this game against this bellville defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Bellville recent struggles on putting points on the board is keeping the oppositon in the game. Sealy could pull off a upset if Bellville trend continues offensively but i think Bellville gets going some this week.

Bellvile 35 Sealy 20

STAggie
10-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Bellville recent struggles on putting points on the board is keeping the oppositon in the game. Sealy could pull off a upset if Bellville trend continues offensively but i think Bellville gets going some this week.

Bellvile 35 Sealy 20

Bellville will not put up 35 on Sealy. Navasota only put up 35 and that was the worst game Sealy has played all year. We will be lucky if the total score even equals 35. This will be a defensive struggle and a great game.

Reds fan
10-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm thinkin' Bellville 17 Sealy 10

Should be a great game, looking forward to being there.

957tiger
10-26-2008, 07:42 AM
With the history these teams share it will no doubt be a great game on the field. The smack talking started during the pre-season lineman challenge and escalated during the fair. When you have two proud traditions, seperated by a creek, there is bound to be tension. I think Coach Mitchell never expected the welcome he received from his friend Coach Chancellor last year. That woke Mitchell up and his direction change from that point on. For the most part, the good folks of Austin County get along just fine, however any sporting competition between Sealy and Bellville brings out the best and worst in our towns. I know Bellville has had Sealy's number the last few years, perhaps this is the year Sealy doesn't cave in to the pre-game hype and game distractions that have hurt them in the past.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Bellville will not put up 35 on Sealy. Navasota only put up 35 and that was the worst game Sealy has played all year. We will be lucky if the total score even equals 35. This will be a defensive struggle and a great game. Bellville hasnt scored more than 28 points in their last 4 games but i think they're as good as Navasota but like i said if Bellville doesn't get going offensively could be a upset, Sealy looks like they've gotten it together that i think they can put up at least 20 points. Both teams could do very well come playoff time.

wtfootball
10-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Bellville in a blowout.

Gobbla2001
10-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Nice to see the tigers winning again...

Necks_Fan
10-26-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think there will be too much scoring in this one. Two pretty good defenses slugging it out.

I will stick with my pre-season district favorite and say Sealy, 17-14.

Good luck to both teams.

And FBB, Sorry, I thought Sealy only had 2 losses and this thread showed them at (5-3).

I was confused. :doh:

Anyway, should be a good game with the Tigers having turned it around apparently.

957tiger
10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Some interesting game facts:
Bellville 8-0 3-0 Sealy 5-3 2-1
Sealy's opponent's have a combined W-L record of 36-22
Bellville's opponent's are 33-23.
Sealy- 6 teams have winning records
Bellville- 6 teams have winning records
Last three opponent's combined records:
Sealy 15-7 Bellville 14-8.
What these numbers indicate is you have two football programs that are very good and appear evenly matched. Both started the season strong. Sealy struggled mid-season, but regain it's composure and has been playing tough. Bellville has continued it's march towards a district championship. Both teams will be ready and I think turn-overs will determine the outcome.

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Just the rivalry of this game will make it a contest to behold, let alone the game will decide the District Champs. These teams are next door neighbors in the same county and it is a fight of pride in everything they do, from football to the county fair. I think that both defenses are the strong points and that both offenses can put points on the board if they limit mistakes. Sealy has heard since the first week that they were first overrated, then a bitter discussion of the discipline situation and the credibility of the coach. There were even accusations of a history of shady deals to get top athletes on the field.

Because of the necessity for Sealy to win to make the playoffs, and the need to prove to many that they are for real, Sealy will be extra fired up to win. Bellville had better be clicking on aoffense and not put the ball on the ground. Nunn can control this game with a good night.

If Nunn is contained at all, Sealy wins.

957tiger
10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Your observations are correct. Sealy first battled the pre-season rankings pundits, only to have the quality of their competition questioned. The unfortunate personality problems. Coaching staff concerns and attacks. The ridiculous claims concerning past athletes, and through it all the players continued to work hard and believe in each other. While most schools within our district have had their coaching staff intact for more than 2 years, Sealy underwent another staff change again this year. That alone could have hurt this team more than all the critics put together. Coach Mitchell and staff have worked hard to keep the boys focused. The pay-off is measured in more ways than big wins. Win enough battles and you will win the war.

buff4ever
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I can't read this stuff, between the cheesiness and denials of truth it all drives me so crazy.

Let this game be about the rivalry, don't make it about anything else. Bellville posters, you are great, but drop the injury talk you have been acting like you are the only team in the state with injuries. Sealy posters, whatever, just enjoy the rivalry and the chance to stir up the disrict with one week left.

STAggie
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Bellville's only hope is Nunn. If he can't get it going Sealy takes this one going away. Yea I said what everyone has been thinking. :stirpot: :stirpot: :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Will be a good one. Too bad the Rattlers are playing in a big game themselves or esle I would be at this one.

Good Luck to Both Teams!

Bull's-eye
10-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Bellville's only hope is Nunn. If he can't get it going Sealy takes this one going away. Yea I said what everyone has been thinking. :stirpot: :stirpot: :D

Nunn is a big part of the Bellville offense, but they have 2 other backs that help spread the load. Runnels & Houston are averaging close to 7 yards per carry and have combined for about 40% of the Bellville's total rushing yardage.

brahmafan01
10-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Bellville WILL be ready. no doubt about it. The bulls are more fired up than ever and will not overlook ANYTHING.

Bull19
10-27-2008, 08:34 AM
I can't read this stuff, between the cheesiness and denials of truth it all drives me so crazy.

Let this game be about the rivalry, don't make it about anything else. Bellville posters, you are great, but drop the injury talk you have been acting like you are the only team in the state with injuries. Sealy posters, whatever, just enjoy the rivalry and the chance to stir up the disrict with one week left. same thing i was thinking

trg
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I wish both teams the best of luck for an injury free game. With that being said I think the Bulls are ready for this game and will not let anything stand in the way of that 10 - 0 mark. Go BULLS!!

PVAMU04
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I have heard Sealy has sarted to gell as a team late in the season? That always good to hear as you get close to the playoff! I haven't seen Sealy play since they played Navasota a few weeks ago and they looked a little over matched in that game and i have heard that this years Bellville's team is as good as one they have had in recent years! But it's also a rival game and all that has happened up to this point doesn't matter so I will say Bellville in a close one 28-24!

bk12
10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Goodluck to both teams.. but I have to go with Bellville in this one and I think getting close to playoffs they need to really step it up and make a statement in this game and I think they will and control the game. Bellville by 14

BrahmaMom
10-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Both teams come to the field Friday night with tradition and history on their side. It was a while back that Bellville was FINALLY able to beat Sealy--lots of celebrating that year. I know Brahma84 remembers that game, anyone else? I see more passion from the Brahmas every week--and I love it. Sounds like the teams are fairly evenly matched. No whining about injuries from this fan. You play with what you have available. I think it will be a nail-biter, and I for one am getting a little too old for the stress. I'll take the Brahmas (surprise, surprise) by a few. C'mon Brahmas, make me proud!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Bellville's only hope is Nunn. If he can't get it going Sealy takes this one going away. :D

Bellville has more than one player on offense.

bona fide
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
if there is a game i'd love to watch this week, it'd be this one!

bellville is on fire and sealy is finally playing as expected, maybe? :thinking:

low scoring game with the Tigers upsetting the brahmas.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought for sure this thread would be at least a few pages long by now. What gives? :thinking:

Quiet before the storm?

GO TIGERS!

STAggie
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I thought for sure this thread would be at least a few pages long by now. What gives? :thinking:

Quiet before the storm?

GO TIGERS!

Bellville posters just don't want to be eating to much crow come Saturday morning.

Bull19
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Bellville posters just don't want to be eating to much crow come Saturday morning. this coming from the poster who after every loss had a bible's worth of excuses than said how sealy would come out next week and suprise everybody. funny how their were no suprises, only more loses.

STAggie
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
this coming from the poster who after every loss had a bible's worth of excuses than said how sealy would come out next week and suprise everybody. funny how their were no suprises, only more loses.

I'd like to know what excuses I came up with. The St. Pius lose was the offense not being able to get anything going. I said the Navasota lose was the worst game we will play all year and that the play calling could have been better. I never said anything about the Giddings lose because I wasn't able to make the trip, so please tell me the excuses I have had. Funny thing is, as much as everyone has said Sealy was overrated and wouldn't make the playoffs in D25, here we are going to clinch a spot this week and make some noise once we get in.

Bull19
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I'd like to know what excuses I came up with. The St. Pius lose was the offense not being able to get anything going. I said the Navasota lose was the worst game we will play all year and that the play calling could have been better. I never said anything about the Giddings lose because I wasn't able to make the trip, so please tell me the excuses I have had. Funny thing is, as much as everyone has said Sealy was overrated and wouldn't make the playoffs in D25, here we are going to clinch a spot this week and make some noise once we get in. once again here you go again giving sealy soo much praise and predicting so much only to end up letting you down. you think you would have learned your lesson now but i guess not. stereotypical stuff coming from a sealy person.

nobody thinking sealy would make the playoffs? what are you smoking. sealy was ranked in many top 10 polls at the beginning of the year, and were/are many people's predicted region IV winner. for a early top 10 team and predicted region winner fighting for third place playoff spot sounds like the critics are right when saying overrated. then you have the tenacity to say you will make noice in the playoffs. get over urself. w/e you're smoking pass it over here.

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Wake up Bull19...Starting district play Sealy did surprise alot of people by coming close to beating Giddings. They also ran all over Columbus 38-7 who only lost by 6 to Bellville. Then they beat a pretty good Smithville team.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
:D and away we go

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I did a little math this morning. Bellville is averaging 30 points per game, while giving up an average of 14 points. Not so bad considering Bellville's offense has left a lot of points off the scoreboard, much like leaving the bases loaded in baseball. If the Brahmas can get this corrected, they could make a deep run in the playoffs. Their defense might not have the great stats, but time & time again they make the huge defensive stands. Take away those 1-2 big plays a game and this unit would be shutting down their opponents.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Talk_To_The_Paw
They also ran all over Columbus 38-7 who only lost by 6 to Bellville. Then they beat a pretty good Smithville team.

It may be a surprise now, but earlier predictions had the Tigers in the top 10. I have heard rumors that Columbus was missing several key starters when playing Sealy and that might explain the blow-out. Columbus did defeat Smithville by 7, so this seems to make some sense.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I did a little math this morning. Bellville is averaging 30 points per game, while giving up an average of 14 points. Not so bad considering Bellville's offense has left a lot of points off the scoreboard, much like leaving the bases loaded in baseball. If the Brahmas can get this corrected, they could make a deep run in the playoffs. Their defense might not have the great stats, but time & time again they make the huge defensive stands. Take away those 1-2 big plays a game and this unit would be shutting down their opponents.

Interesting note both Bellville & Sealy are averaging 22 points over the past 3 games, district games and giving up 14. :eek:

:(

I really wish I could go to this game.

957tiger
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
If you click on 3A Sports Forum and go to page #4 and look for 3A Scoring Averages you can see all the avg points for and against. Good information. Lots of work

STAggie
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey Bull19, its called rooting for you team. Also, Bellville has done nothing but toot its own horn on this forum, so don't start with me about get over yourself. As far, as me referring to people saying we woulnd't make the playoffs was how everyone got so down on Sealy after their three losses. Its funny how you try and call people out for stuff when you are guilty of it yourself. Just don't do to much crying late Friday night or early Saturday morning.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
If you click on 3A Sports Forum and go to page #4 and look for 3A Scoring Averages you can see all the avg points for and against. Good information. Lots of work

Here is the link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88417)

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Here is the link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88417)

Great job! Good info for our posters. :clap: :clap:

Bull19
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Bull19, its called rooting for you team. Also, Bellville has done nothing but toot its own horn on this forum, so don't start with me about get over yourself. As far, as me referring to people saying we woulnd't make the playoffs was how everyone got so down on Sealy after their three losses. Its funny how you try and call people out for stuff when you are guilty of it yourself. Just don't do to much crying late Friday night or early Saturday morning. get your crap straight first before you accuse me of tooting horns and what not. 70% of my post regarding bellville are negative so dont tell me to get over myslef. i CAN call people out and i will because im not guilty of anything in regards to tooting bellville's horns saying they will win district, playoff games, etc. so get your ass straight before you start pointing fingers at me and insinuating that i'm being a homer.

..........and even if i did or wanted too brag about bellville i think the bellville posters do have the right, they are undefeted, leading the district race, ranked in the top 10 in most polls, etc.

STAggie
10-28-2008, 03:25 PM
get your crap straight first before you accuse me of tooting horns and what not. 70% of my post regarding bellville are negative so dont tell me to get over myslef. i CAN call people out and i will because im not guilty of anything in regards to tooting bellville's horns saying they will win district, playoff games, etc. so get your ass straight before you start pointing fingers at me and insinuating that i'm being a homer.

..........and even if i did or wanted too brag about bellville i think the bellville posters do have the right, they are undefeted, leading the district race, ranked in the top 10 in most polls, etc.

Wow, touchy subject. Calm down, buddy, was all in good fun. I was tired of a Sealy vs. Bellville thread being all friendly.

buff4ever
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
sealy sucks:D :D :D :D

STAggie
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Thank you! This thread needs some life to it. But, no they don't. :D

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM

how on earth did giddings give up 29 points to la grange when smithville held them to ZERO?

i know how...giddings sucks! :D :D :D :D

now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...

UPanIN
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Bellville loses to Sealy in an upset.

Bulligator
10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Here's something to stir the pot - If the Good Lord wanted to give the earth an emema, he would stick the hose in the middle of Sealy. :eek:

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Here's something to stir the pot - If the Good Lord wanted to give the earth an emema, he would stick the hose in the middle of Sealy. :eek: tacky, tacky....

btw what is an emema? :thinking: is that something like an enema that provides the funky smell at the pasture of manure, errr pain.

LOL

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
tacky, tacky....

btw what is an emema? is that something like the funky smell at the pasture of pain.

LOL

Making fun of Bellville? I have been to every game and their is no funky smell.

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 06:45 PM
AL LAST!!! I really thought that the posting would get nasty in this thread very early. I am impressed, it took almost half the week before the natural hatred between these two towns showed up. Plus, now we even have other district teams weighing in.

Now, it is my turn. Bellville is a good team, maybe not great at this point because the offense has performed only well enough to win. The Defense is top notch though. I think SOME of the Bellville poster may be over zealous about the team.

Sealy has had the season from hell. They had high expectations, both from fans and the media. They looked good at first and then an internal discipline problem tore the team apart. The kids, not the coach, set the standard for the team to come together and the players involved in the discipline problem came back. They served the punishment doled out by thier teammates and have now gelled again. Thier fans are now beginning to believe in the teams chances again.

Bellville will be in the playoffs and has a good chance of making at least the quarter finals. Sealy has to win to make the playoffs and will be playing for pride and the County Championship. Sealy has more incentive to win and especially the thrill of beating Bellville in Bellville.

Sealy will upset Bellville in this game by a touchdown.

957tiger
10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Sealy will upset Bellville in this game by a touchdown.

I like your way of thinking. Beware of the underdog. Just ask Tom Brady what he thought of Eli Manning after the superbowl.

Bull19
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I like your way of thinking. Beware of the underdog. Just ask Tom Brady what he thought of Eli Manning after the superbowl. :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I like your way of thinking. Beware of the underdog. Just ask Tom Brady what he thought of Eli Manning after the superbowl.

How many rings does Tom Brady have? :thinking:

zebrablue2
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
tacky, tacky....

btw what is an emema? :thinking: is that something like an enema that provides the funky smell at the pasture of manure, errr pain.

LOL

I took this one to heart a little p4s. a little :D after the pasture of manure would have helped. I am a coach mitch fan myself, but coach C. runs a clean ship. I would like to wish both teams all the luck in the world on friday night. play injury free, as hard as you can, and leave it all on the field.. GO BRAHMAS...

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Pasture of manure........I can see that, especially how the Brahmas have been beating the crap out of their opponents. It also makes the grass look greener. :D

957tiger
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
New England is 3 of 4 in Superbowl victories. My point was don't under estimate your opponent just because you have been successful in the past. On any given Friday night the team with the best record does not always win.

Bull19
10-28-2008, 07:40 PM
On any given Friday night the team with the best record does not always win. wow you sure are smart. did you go to Rice university? :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
New England is 3 of 4 in Superbowl victories. My point was don't under estimate your opponent just because you have been successful in the past. On any given Friday night the team with the best record does not always win.

I'm sure Tom Brady and the other Patriots didn't underestimate the Giants. Don't worry, Bellville will be ready to play Friday night.

957tiger
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
wow you sure are smart. did you go to Rice university? :rolleyes:

No sir I did not. Just pointing out with stats provided by WOS87 that in 2003 Bellville was also 8-0 at this point and finished 13-1. meaning after a great season they lost. Was the team who beat them better? or did Bellville not play good enough to advance. There are several threads floating around that mention this very simple fact of many sports, but discussed here. The team with the best record does not always win. That should make you appreciate your teams victories when they are hard fought like the recent Columbus game.

Bull19
10-28-2008, 09:08 PM
That should make you appreciate your teams victories when they are hard fought like the recent Columbus game. are you implying that i dont??? i was not bashfull on saying how bellville was lucky to get a win against columbus, and if you will do your homewrok you will notice i also said bellville will be lucky to get a win this week as well......im getting very tired of your stereo typing and general assuming about me. im not your regular ole bellville poster.

44INAROW
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
<------------ Sealy Tigers pull off the upset... 24-13:)

Bulligator
10-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Here we all are sitting around our glowing screens discussing the merits of some 15 – 18 year old boys and their football abilities. And, of course, the older boys, known as coaches and their ability to point the aforementioned boys in the right direction. Let’s not forget the fans of both teams, who extol their team’s virtues for all to see. All done anonymously in our homes, offices, or on a cell phone in the Denver airport. But I digress.

If you would have walked into the old Mewis Cafe on the Square in Bellville, say 30, 40, or 50 years ago, you would have heard most of the same thing. There they were, sitting on old wooden chairs around a formica top table, sipping their coffee or Coke. Most of them had donned the red and white in earlier years, and you could see the scars and crooked noses of the days before facemasks. It may have been years before, but they could recall every touchdown or shoulder led tackle of their youth. Some had been off to World Wars, and had come back home to discuss what was most important at the time – Bellville and Sealy in football. Those were the days of the back room meetings and wagers, where small fortunes were won or lost based on the performance of their local team. And there were those who had gone off to play at higher levels who returned, and when questioned on their most memorable game would refer back to one of the Bellville versus Sealy contests. Many a coffee break was extended during these lively discussions, which went on throughout the year, not just during the season. Those days have all but disappeared. Some still gather at Newman’s Bakery or Tony’s in Sealy, but most of those who gathered before are watching down from above.

It makes you think back to when the game seemed to have more meaning to the community. The team played for their town and school, and the pride it would bring with a win. If you lost the game, it was as if you had let your school and the whole town down. You apologized to your neighbor, the mayor, and even your pastor. The players gave it all they had and more on the field. And if the battle wasn’t finished there, Coshatte, Peters, and Cat Spring Halls would serve as the overtime in those days. Sadly, both communities have grown and the influx of those with no old Austin County ties has diluted the rivalry. If you talk to former players and those who have lived here a long time, they would say the same thing. It’s just not like it used to be. There used to be coaches that had played in the past games on the sidelines, but I can only think of one now. And he is wearing the colors of his former rival. If a player didn’t know about past games and what it stood for, he would after a few days at practice.

Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot and their own bragging rights. Bellville has had the upper hand the past few years, but a new coach and system has seemed to bring Sealy a new spark. Sealy feels as if they are coming in as the underdog and Bellville is looking for an undefeated district title. Sealy had all the press and rankings earlier in the year, while the Brahmas were hardly considered as contenders after last year’s disaster. It seems as if the roles have been reversed.

As an old time former Brahma, I issue a challenge to all the other past Brahmas to show up Friday night and support your team. Let’s bring back the emotion, desire and “knock the crap out of Sealy” feeling that we used to take for granted. Let’s show this new young herd of Brahmas what it means to be the best in Austin County.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Making fun of Bellville? I have been to every game and their is no funky smell. Was he making fun of Sealy?

bvillebrahma010
10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Here we all are sitting around our glowing screens discussing the merits of some 15 – 18 year old boys and their football abilities. And, of course, the older boys, known as coaches and their ability to point the aforementioned boys in the right direction. Let’s not forget the fans of both teams, who extol their team’s virtues for all to see. All done anonymously in our homes, offices, or on a cell phone in the Denver airport. But I digress.

If you would have walked into the old Mewis Cafe on the Square in Bellville, say 30, 40, or 50 years ago, you would have heard most of the same thing. There they were, sitting on old wooden chairs around a formica top table, sipping their coffee or Coke. Most of them had donned the red and white in earlier years, and you could see the scars and crooked noses of the days before facemasks. It may have been years before, but they could recall every touchdown or shoulder led tackle of their youth. Some had been off to World Wars, and had come back home to discuss what was most important at the time – Bellville and Sealy in football. Those were the days of the back room meetings and wagers, where small fortunes were won or lost based on the performance of their local team. And there were those who had gone off to play at higher levels who returned, and when questioned on their most memorable game would refer back to one of the Bellville versus Sealy contests. Many a coffee break was extended during these lively discussions, which went on throughout the year, not just during the season. Those days have all but disappeared. Some still gather at Newman’s Bakery or Tony’s in Sealy, but most of those who gathered before are watching down from above.

It makes you think back to when the game seemed to have more meaning to the community. The team played for their town and school, and the pride it would bring with a win. If you lost the game, it was as if you had let your school and the whole town down. You apologized to your neighbor, the mayor, and even your pastor. The players gave it all they had and more on the field. And if the battle wasn’t finished there, Coshatte, Peters, and Cat Spring Halls would serve as the overtime in those days. Sadly, both communities have grown and the influx of those with no old Austin County ties has diluted the rivalry. If you talk to former players and those who have lived here a long time, they would say the same thing. It’s just not like it used to be. There used to be coaches that had played in the past games on the sidelines, but I can only think of one now. And he is wearing the colors of his former rival. If a player didn’t know about past games and what it stood for, he would after a few days at practice.

Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot and their own bragging rights. Bellville has had the upper hand the past few years, but a new coach and system has seemed to bring Sealy a new spark. Sealy feels as if they are coming in as the underdog and Bellville is looking for an undefeated district title. Sealy had all the press and rankings earlier in the year, while the Brahmas were hardly considered as contenders after last year’s disaster. It seems as if the roles have been reversed.

As an old time former Brahma, I issue a challenge to all the other past Brahmas to show up Friday night and support your team. Let’s bring back the emotion, desire and “knock the crap out of Sealy” feeling that we used to take for granted. Let’s show this new young herd of Brahmas what it means to be the best in Austin County.

Does anyone know if the youth football teams will be out on the field like they did last year against giddings? if the little kids beggin for high fives while running through the sign or seeing nothing but black in the opponent stands wouldnt get you fired up, theres not much that can get you pumped! but that sure did!!!

trg
10-29-2008, 08:20 AM

WOWOWOW!!!! Well said! I like your style. Lets get everyone out to yell for the Brahmas in the Austin County Championship! Go BULLS!!!!!:)

957tiger
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
..im getting very tired of your stereo typing and general assuming about me. im not your regular ole bellville poster.

I just re-read all of the post in this thread. Can't see where I have stereo typed you at all. You can't have a one -sided conversation, that would be called a rant. I was under the impression we were stating both fact and opinion. It was a compliment to the Brahmas on being able to get a win, you see that's what good teams do. Both of these teams have been able to win when it mattered. As far as assuming, the only thing I can assume is you support your town and it's football team just like the other 5000 or so fans who will be in attendence on friday night. Go Tigers

STAggie
10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Not sure about Bellville but after talking to some of the boys here in Sealy this morning I can say it will be a hell of a fight. The Sealy boys are ready and I think most of them understand what this game means as they have had older siblings or members of their family who have been part of this rivalry and those who don't have seen how pumped the others are getting and it is infectious. Can't wait for Friday night and a Tiger victory

957tiger
10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Bulligator, without a doubt the best post I have seen on any thread. Good points about old time rivalry in small towns. The times they are a changing. New faces in town don't know or care about what happened before. I also remember when Tony's and Newman's resembled ESPN Sportscenter where past triumphs resembled friday night heroics. Both our small towns have changed. Sealy is a freeway town and Bellville is being squeezed by IH-10 and Hwy 290. It's the home folk who maintain traditions such as friday night football and Saturday night at the AC fair. If you have the chance pick up the History of Austin County Sports Book. It is a living, breathing history that I am sure you will enjoy. A long time ago I was part of a program that had 60 straight victories. What you described in your post about fans packing a venue and feeling bad when you did bad was dead on. I was a senior on a team that lost a winning streak and I still remember the feeling some decades later. Good luck to both teams and keep up the traditions new and old.

STAggie
10-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Speaking of traditions, I remember the days of seeing the front table in Tony's packed with people talking football old and new. I was in elementary school when Sealy was making its run to four straight championships and I remember it like it was yesterday. One of the best memories of my youth and then again my freshman year as we went back for one more try in '99. Its funny how much football means to a small town and how it can affect those who aren't even on the field such as all the younger kids in the stands. With all that being said I really hope for a clean, hard fought game that will be takled about for years to come.

Johnny Utah
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Have a buddy that coaches in Bellville, but have more coaching buds in Sealy. Go Tigers. Still believe both will win Region 4 in their respective divisions come playoff time!!! Should be one heck of a game!!!

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 10:51 AM
pay attention! :mad: there is already a thread about this game! :tongue:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
This one has been started already, will this one be moved?

Johnny Utah
10-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Matters!

pirate4state
10-29-2008, 11:18 AM
This one has been started already, will this one be moved? It will be merged with the other thread!

BrahmaMom
10-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll be there!!! Not too long ago, the whole town turned out for the Brahmas. I was surprised when I returned to the Pasture this year to see the stands not full. Let's get behind the Brahmas full force for the rest of the season! GO BULLS!!!

Bull's-eye
10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I'll be there!!! Not too long ago, the whole town turned out for the Brahmas. I was surprised when I returned to the Pasture this year to see the stands not full. Let's get behind the Brahmas full force for the rest of the season! GO BULLS!!!

Me too! Should be a full house, scalpers are selling tickets for above face value. :D

trg
10-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Me too! Should be a full house, scalpers are selling tickets for above face value. :D

LOL....I'm getting my ticket now.

STAggie
10-29-2008, 04:37 PM

I hope I can get a couple come Friday. What is the going price right now? For box seats? :eek:

Bull's-eye
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I hope I can get a couple come Friday. What is the going price right now? For box seats? :eek:

I can get you on the Sealy side (50 yd line) for a couple of those Ben Franklins. :D Sorry, we only have bleechers at the Pasture of Pain.

Bull19
10-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I hope I can get a couple come Friday. What is the going price right now? For box seats? :eek: standing room only is all thats left

Necks_Fan
10-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Sealy with the "upset" 17-14.

Low scoring game, I think the Sealy's Run D is good enough to slow down Nunn and co. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hope it's a great game. Good luck to both teams.:)

jykoy
10-30-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm looking forward to coming back to Bellville for this game.

I haven't seen the Brahmas play this year and I'm anxious to seem them in action.

I ran into a fellow 3ADownlow poster at Newman’s Bakery on Sunday morning and she gave me the update on the team. She reminded me about this site and primed me for the game on Friday.

FWIW, I used to be on here back in 2001. It’s good to be back!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by jykoy
Welcome back! I noticed you had signed up again. :)

BrahmaMom
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Welcome "home"jykoy! Good to have you back! Can't wait till tomorrow night. C'mon Bellville, let's win this battle--on the field and in the stands--hope we have a great turnout to back our Brahmas! GO BULLS!

STAggie
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
One more day till the Battle of Austin County. Can't wait till the Tigers march into the Pasture of Pain and conquer it.

Bull19
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM
One more day till the Battle of Austin County. Can't wait till the Tigers march into the Pasture of Pain and conquer it. are they marching from sealy? if so they might be tired come game time

Bull's-eye
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jykoy
I'm looking forward to coming back to Bellville for this game.

I haven't seen the Brahmas play this year and I'm anxious to seem them in action.

I ran into a fellow 3ADownlow poster at Newman’s Bakery on Sunday morning and she gave me the update on the team. She reminded me about this site and primed me for the game on Friday.

Welcome back! You any kin to those Koy brothers that played for Bellville, Texas & the NFL?

957tiger
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I thought the flowers and poem sent by someone from Bellville to Sealy High School was a nice touch. The poem was entertaning except for the final score predictions, by the way I hope you didn't spend all your allowance on the gifts. They suffered a very slow death. Hats off to Bellville for thinking of this prank first. Kind of like the t-shirt deal. Good ideals are often copied. Sealy Tigers are the "Originals", not copy cats.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I thought the flowers and poem sent by someone from Bellville to Sealy High School was a nice touch. The poem was entertaning except for the final score predictions, by the way I hope you didn't spend all your allowance on the gifts. They suffered a very slow death. Hats off to Bellville for thinking of this prank first. Kind of like the t-shirt deal. Good ideals are often copied. Sealy Tigers are the "Originals", not copy cats.

Probably somebody from Sealy trying to fire up the Tigers. I remember a certain Bellville fan sending a rubber snake to the Bellville team. There was a note saying how the Navasota Rattlers were going to whip up on the Brahmas. This fired up the Brahmas and they went on to a convincing win.

Bull19
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
maybe this is just a coincidence. we all must remember its halloween tomm. anybody know of any special things happening for tomm nights game?

Bull's-eye
10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
maybe this is just a coincidence. we all must remember its halloween tomm. anybody know of any special things happening for tomm nights game?

There may be a few tricks for the Tigers, but hopefully no treats. :D

Reds fan
10-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Still standing by the Bulls to win this one, hopefully without as much pressure being put on the Bellville D! This game has for sure gotten Austin County pumped up!

Watcher
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Should be one hell of a matchup. Sealy has the edge on speed and Bellville has the edge on strength. Two very competitive programs with very competitive coaches. Both teams have great running backs with two different styles. The winner goes to the team that wants this one more. Duh!!!

FBFanatic
10-31-2008, 01:38 AM
People People People... I agree yes it's gonna be a good game don't get me wrong. I have been studying games across the state and following the Tigers very closely. All I can tell you is don't take into account the 3 losses in the middle of the season, the Tigers are back on track. Sure they had some team problems to deal with, but Coach Mitchell is teaching these boys the meaning of TEAM, something that is getting harder to find. He let the boys decide what to do about the star running back and even though it may have hurt them then, but like the old saying... What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and the Tigers are obviously alive and well! With 2 convincing wins in a row they are back on track to take the district title and their record is going to play a key role in the over confidence Bellville is going to bring to the table. Sure Bellville is undfeated, but a few of those wins were barely slipping by at the end of the game. Sealy has one of the best QB's it has seen in a while, but he just hasn't gotten the best opprotunities in key situations. Be looking for a show from him similar to the Tigers 1st game with 3 passing touchdowns, 2 rushing, and scoring 2 2-pt conversions. Paired with a star running back, tall and fast recievers, be ready for the 2nd coming of an offensive show case on their behalf. And we already know about Sealy's defense holding the "star of Navasota" Mr. Pratt to a mere 87 total yards w/ 3 forced fumbles. Mr. Nunn is a good running back, but I don't think he is LSU material. The Tigers have shut down the run game all year and shouldn't have a problem doing so again this week. Sealy will regain their place on the map this week with a convincing win. Good battle, but Sealy in they end by 14.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 03:10 AM
The Houston Chronicle only shows the Sealy QB with a total of 4 TD passes and only completing about a 1/3 of his passes. You think he's going to pass for 3 TD's and run for two more? I don't think he's going to become Colt McCoy overnight. That same game that Sealy held Pratt to a "mere" 87 yards, the Tigers got outscored 35-0. The Tiger's defense has been good, but they haven't shut down the run all year. Didn't Giddings have a good night running the ball? Navasota had 356 total yards of offense and I'm quite sure they called off the dogs after building a commanding lead. I do like your enthusiasm, but I'm sure the Bellville defense will have something to say about an opposing QB scoring 5 TD's on them.

Bull19
10-31-2008, 07:39 AM
The Houston Chronicle only shows the Sealy QB with a total of 4 TD passes and only completing about a 1/3 of his passes. You think he's going to pass for 3 TD's and run for two more? I don't think he's going to become Colt McCoy overnight. That same game that Sealy held Pratt to a "mere" 87 yards, the Tigers got outscored 35-0. The Tiger's defense has been good, but they haven't shut down the run all year. Didn't Giddings have a good night running the ball? Navasota had 356 total yards of offense and I'm quite sure they called off the dogs after building a commanding lead. I do like your enthusiasm, but I'm sure the Bellville defense will have something to say about an opposing QB scoring 5 TD's on them. well said. i really wanna pick sealy to win in this one, but there are so many homers from sealy who have terrible excuses that bull19 is gunna have to go with bellville to win by 6.

IHStangFan
10-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Bellville, Bellville, and more Bellville.....I can't get enough Bellville....more Bellville please!! :D

Brahma84
10-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Unbelievable!!! This morning at the Bellville stadium we found that Sealy vandals had spraypainted very vulgar pictures on everything from the consession stand to the sidewalks. Classless!!!! Rivalry is one thing, but this is way past that.

Bulligator
10-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Sealy posters, here is an example of the class that Sealy High School has. I just returned from dropping my grandson off at the Junior High this morning, and the Class of 2009 had their cans of spray paint out last night. The concession stand and bathrooms all had things written that I don't want to repeat on here. Also, the Brahma Bull paintings look to have been ruined.

Way to go Sealy, you have only enforced my opinion of your school and town.

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Did they arrest Sealy citizens or you just going on assumptions?

Before you throw an entire community under the bus remember that EVERY community has a few bad apples!

Anyone who would destroy property is a loser in my book!

nette_mom
10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Well whoever had the spray paint out last night certainly are SEALY fans! Its one thing to pull a prank and its another to VANDALIZE SCHOOL PROPERTY!

Reds fan
10-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Unbelievable!!! This morning at the Bellville stadium we found that Sealy vandals had spraypainted very vulgar pictures on everything from the consession stand to the sidewalks. Classless!!!! Rivalry is one thing, but this is way past that.

Completely classless, waiting to see how Sealy administrators will act on this!!!

FBFanatic
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I noticed the chronicles stats and there is a definate mix up on Sealy's QB. I have been to 3 of Sealys game this year and have seen him throw more than 4 touchdowns between those three games. As far as enthusiasm... You are obivious from Bellville and will of course water down certain stats and try to pick out things to try and give your team the advantage, don't deny it we all do it. But coming from a neutral party I'm telling you Bellville is in for a shock if they expect to hold Sealy to only 14 pts. in this game. In order for Bellville to win Nunn will have to have his best game of the season by far and will have to come up with big key plays to pull this one out. I saw the 1st game of Sealy, the Navasota game, and the Columbus game and trust me that was not the same Sealy team on the field in Navasota as the other 2 games also this was in the middle of situation with their running back so the team was totaly out of wack.

Brahma84
10-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Don't sound like a "neutral party" to me.

OldBison75
10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Comments from the Funny Farm:

Sealy has the talent to make this a good game, and the emotion of the rivalry and a chance to win the district championship should make it really a good game. The Sealy QB is a talented athlete, but I really think nobody in this game is gonna score alot.

As for the Sealy defense holding Mr. Pratt to only 87 yards rushing, TELL THE WHOLE STORY. Pratt had 87 yards rushing in 12 carries. Navasota QB Stokes has 108 yards rushing on 12 Carries. The Sealy defense was effective against the rush, allowing no BIG PLAYS.

As for your assessment of Nunn, I beg to differ. Nunn has been an opponent of Navasota the last three years until this last re-alignment. I have seen him play at least four times in his high school career. He is material for a program like LSU, or any major university that wants a quality running back that plays team football. He runs well, blocks above average for a back, and is a more than adequate receiver. But, the big thing about Nunn is he is a leader.

I have picked Sealy to win on this thread and am not waffling on that pick. But it will be the emotion that carries them to the win, because Bellvile has every bit as good a cast of football players as anyone in the state.

As for the painting at Bellville that is being blamed on Sealy. I just want you all to be sure of WHO caused the damage. When I was in High School, many years ago, we would do things like that to our own school to fire up the town, fans, and team. I remember burning the rivals town name in the center of the footbal field on a Thursday night with enough diesel to cause players to be nauseated during the game on Friday night. NOT saying Sealy did not do it, but thins aren't always what they seem, and high School kids can be pretty creative when a rivalry is part of the equation.

Bulligator
10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Comments from the Funny Farm:

As for the painting at Bellville that is being blamed on Sealy. I just want you all to be sure of WHO caused the damage. When I was in High School, many years ago, we would do things like that to our own school to fire up the town, fans, and team. I remember burning the rivals town name in the center of the footbal field on a Thursday night with enough diesel to cause players to be nauseated during the game on Friday night. NOT saying Sealy did not do it, but thins aren't always what they seem, and high School kids can be pretty creative when a rivalry is part of the equation.

OldBison,

You may be correct, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. You may have done things to your own school in the past, but why? If the team needed to see destruction and vandalism to get fired up for a game such as this, I would have to question their character and desire. In today’s society of our youth not respecting authority, I would only pray that individuals in our society display true sportsmanship and character and let the outcome be decided on the field, not by outside distractions.

I'm signing off for the day as it's too beautiful outside to be sitting in here reading all this, and there's some fence that needs fixing. I'll see you at the Pasture.

Bull19
10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Did they arrest Sealy citizens or you just going on assumptions?

Before you throw an entire community under the bus remember that EVERY community has a few bad apples!

Anyone who would destroy property is a loser in my book! :rolleyes: you would say something like this. your love fest of mitchell is one thing, but you're not from around here and you dont have a clue. you make me wanna throw up

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes: you would say something like this. your love fest of mitchell is one thing, but you're not from around here and you dont have a clue. you make me wanna throw up grow up before you throw up.

i am not condoning vandalism. IF Sealy kids did this, then they should be punished, but old bison is right, it is possible that kids from another school or from your own school could have done this.

unless arrests have been made people ARE making assumptions.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by FBFanatic
I noticed the chronicles stats and there is a definate mix up on Sealy's QB. I have been to 3 of Sealys game this year and have seen him throw more than 4 touchdowns between those three games. As far as enthusiasm... You are obivious from Bellville and will of course water down certain stats and try to pick out things to try and give your team the advantage, don't deny it we all do it.

I did a little research, the Chronicle doesn't have any stats for the Giddings & Smithville games. All other games the QB has a total of 4 TD passes. Give the Qb credit, he had a big game against Second Baptist, with 2 of those TD passes coming in that game.

FBFanatic, I'm not from Bellville and I'm not sure what you mean by watering down the stats. All my stats came from the Chronicle website. Don't blame me that your coaches didn't report those 2 games. :)

Bull19
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
just heard from some bellville folk that the police have a good idea of the people responsible and that their is a possibility that their are football players involved!!!

gunna be interesting to see how all this will turn out

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
OldBison,

You may be correct, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. You may have done things to your own school in the past, but why? If the team needed to see destruction and vandalism to get fired up for a game such as this, I would have to question their character and desire. In today’s society of our youth not respecting authority, I would only pray that individuals in our society display true sportsmanship and character and let the outcome be decided on the field, not by outside distractions.

:iagree: I would also have to question their character and desire. I heard that the Bellville police knows who was responsible for the vandalism, I hope it wasn't any of the Sealy players.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
ok so everyone wants to rag on sealy, but no one is mentioning what bellville did to us. lets see first they rapped our coaches house who lives in bellvile and vandalized it. they put cat litter all around our school and hung up tigers with the heads chopped off in front of the school. I no what they did was way worse, but don't act like bellvile is perfect. AND THERE WERE NO SEALY FOOTBALL PLAYERS INVOLVED!!!

Bull19
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
back to the game.....eightish hours left till kickoff. should be interesting this evening needless to say after all that has happened recently

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
ok so everyone wants to rag on sealy, but no one is mentioning what bellville did to us. lets see first they rapped our coaches house who lives in bellvile and vandalized it. they put cat litter all around our school and hung up tigers with the heads chopped off in front of the school. I no what they did was way worse, but don't act like bellvile is perfect. AND THERE WERE NO SEALY FOOTBALL PLAYERS INVOLVED!!!

First of all, assuming that someone from Bellville wrapped toilet paper around a coaches house, this is very innocent compared to vandalizing a school with spray paint. Today is Halloween, so that could have something to do with the wrapping. Were they real Tigers? No, probably little stuffed animals. Maybe someone from Sealy did this to fire up the Tigers? This is what a friendly rivalry is about, but vandalizing the Bellville stadium crossed the line. How do you know there weren't any players involved?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
How do you know there weren't any players involved?
Even if it were players involved, would there be any dicipline taken? Or would they let them play seeing that this is a District game? Also heard the Bellville Police know who did this and this person is not from Bellville.

BrahmaMom
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
I find it hard to believe Bellville would do this to their own field. I am appalled that ANYONE would do it and hope they can find the vandals and handle it all appropriately. This is wayyyy beyond good clean fun. I won't blame anyone till the eveidence is in. However, it does make me want to cheer even louder for my beloved Brahmas! You've got lots to defend now, Bulls, let's do it!

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by FBFanatic
And we already know about Sealy's defense holding the "star of Navasota" Mr. Pratt to a mere 87 total yards w/ 3 forced fumbles. LOL
@ this statement.....

Sure, you held Pratt down a little, but that's because Sealy stacked the box on him. They slowed him down, but let everybody else run WILD on them.

That was NOT the most impressive game defensively. Lamascus ate Sealy alive over the middle that game.

Sealy has turned it around though. I take Sealy 17-14.

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Even if it were players involved, would there be any dicipline taken? Or would they let them play seeing that this is a District game? Also heard the Bellville Police know who did this and this person is not from Bellville. Dude I really like Bellville, and have nothing against them.... but I REALLY want Sealy to win so you will shut up and quit constantly talking about them.

Even then though, I bet you will say we had players out, or they got calls that we didn't or something. I knwo it would be about how great Bellville is and how horrible everything involving Sealy is.

It gets old man.

When the facts come out and someone is arrested, THEN you will know where the person was from. Until then, nobody but the person involved knows.

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 02:56 PM
They have 3 names in the vandalism deal. Not saying them on here but they know who did it (are Sealy students). Were going to leave the spray painting up to show the Sealy fans how discusting it was, but was too vulger.

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
They have 3 names in the vandalism deal. Not saying them on here but they know who did it (are Sealy students). Were going to leave the spray painting up to show the Sealy fans how discusting it was, but was too vulger.

Stupid kids. Have nothing better to do than destroy other people's property. I have no patience for juvenile delinquents! :mad:

zebrablue2
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Stupid kids. Have nothing better to do than destroy other people's property. I have no patience for juvenile delinquents! :mad:

I would deal with the parents also. What the heck were these kids doing out when they were, on a school night? Parents also need to be questioned..

Necks_Fan
10-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Our school was vandalized my Freshman year I think.

They drew pictures of men's "parts" with paint and wrote cuss words on our walls in the courtyard.

They also cut down trees and bushes and things like that.

Was quite funnny when we got back to school.

EDIT: Did someone edit my post?

I guess I'll repost what was missed. IF it WAS EDITED, soory, I just didn't know so I fixed what it missed. Feel free to edit it agian if that the case.

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I would deal with the parents also. What the heck were these kids doing out when they were, on a school night? Parents also need to be questioned.. Yeah, I know, but I have to keep my blood pressure on an even keel today. If I get on my soap box about today's "parent" it'll push it to the max! :D ;)

++++++++++

May both teams play with good sportsmanship, stay injury free & safe travels to everyone.

Bulligator
10-31-2008, 03:54 PM

If they are minors, then their parents and school administrators will need to take care of the punishment.

I don't know if it's been posted, but all the other Bellville teams won with the exception of the 8th grade A team. Sealy had at least 3 players 6 feet tall and a running back that looked like he could be playing on the varsity level. My grandson said the kids were scared to tackle him. Looks like they have some good talent for the future.

957tiger
10-31-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't speak for all 700+ SHS students. I do know there were 5-6 players sitting at a Dairy Queen who all left and I assumed went home. Vandalism is unacceptable anywhere. I was at the freshman/JV games and both teams appeared to be on their best behavior last night. Of course several car loads of Brahma fans/players cruised through the parking lot calling out everyone from elementary school kids to parents. SISD police and coaches became involved before it got out of hand. Not sure the profanity was needed, nor the rate of speed with small kids and elderly fans walking through the lot. I can assure you if I have any information in regards to damage it will be passed on to the proper authorities. I hope that the players, fans and guests do not disgrace Austin County, because after all it is just a 48 minute contest.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Brahmas, time to get fired up! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

SealyLB73
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't usually post on here, but when I heard about the vandalism, I just wanted to say that I HATE when students like these misrepresent our town like that. Seems like every year there are more and more of these kids with this classless attitude coming through Sealy and it makes me sick. That's all I got to say about that

Best of luck to the Tigers tonight and...

Beat The Hell Outta Bellville

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Just saw Bellville coming out of the locker room. Being fired up is definitely not a problem.

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Sealy up 7-0 at the end of the first. Sealy scored on their first offensive play after a bellville fumble at midfield.

IHStangFan
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
lets go Brahmas!!!!

nette_mom
10-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Bellville up 14-7 with about 5minutes to half

BTownVBall3
10-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Never seen a more dominated game turn into a loss. That loss is on you coach. 4 and 1 and a qb rollout is called when you have a bruiser like nunn. Bellville should be sick over this game. Unreal how this game ended. Sealy had not one actual scoring drive all game.

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Never seen a more dominated game turn into a loss. That loss is on you coach. 4 and 1 and a qb rollout is called when you have a bruiser like nunn. Bellville should be sick over this game. Unreal how this game ended. Sealy had not one actual scoring drive all game.

wow - :eek: can't wait to hear all the Monday QBs with the excuses......... here's one, blaming the coach...... what will be the next one?

1 and ONLY
10-31-2008, 10:46 PM
that was the worst coached game. you always punt on 4th down and make them drive the length of the field there is no argument to this

44INAROW
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 1 and ONLY
that was the worst coached game. you always punt on 4th down and make them drive the length of the field there is no argument to this

so which is it - the bad call was the qb rollout or not punting? what was the final score?

1 and ONLY
10-31-2008, 10:51 PM
not punting and the qb rolling out. like they said earlier nunn hadnt been stopped all night and thats always what the bellville coaches talk about is being in those situation. it ended up 22-21. horrible coaching

pirate4state
10-31-2008, 11:05 PM

then how did they get 22 points???? :confused:

CONGRATS SEALY TIGERS!!!! Still alive baby!!!! :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Great job, Tigers!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

JR2004
10-31-2008, 11:44 PM

What is it again that they call that place they play at? :)

CONGRATULATIONS TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:31 AM

Sealy goes for the tie, but there is a bad snap. Unfortunate for Bellville, the Sealy player throws for the 2 point conversion. Really just a fluke play, but it was Halloween. Bellville rushes for over 300 yards amd appeared to have the game won. but give credit to Sealy for the amazing comeback.

STAggie
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!! hahahahah. Funny we still pulled out a win even though we had to play Bellville and the refs the entire first half. What is defensive holding? Have never heard of that one, and 3 chop block calls? On our second drive after holding Bellville to three and out twice, we had a 2nd and 48 because of penalties. Should have been 14-7 going into half but the refs gifted Bellville new life. How did we not have a scoring drive? First play from scrimmage we throw a touchdown and then we march down the field twice in the last 6 minutes. Come on Bellville let me hear your excuses, just make sure not to drip to many tears on your keyboard.

On a side note, this was the most exciting final six minutes of football I have ever had the privaledge to watch. All I can say is WOW. Also, I think Bellville needs to talk to their boys, 3 late hits on a qb is a little much, but you know what they say.

This game was won because of HEART! Our boys never gave up and pulled this one out. Our QB did what Tony Romo should have done on the bad snap. One more time because I want to make sure I get all the Bellville people riled up:

SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO HAD MORE YARDS OR IF ANS OR SHOULD COULDAS, THE FINAL SCORE IS WHAT COUNTS.

zebrablue2
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
What is it again that they call that place they play at? :)

CONGRATULATIONS TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the pasture of pain. proud of it. congrats to sealy. this will all work out. sealy D-1. Bellville D-2. hope they both win state.. go bulls. I am proud of you all. I know you all left it all on the field... only a game..

zebrablue2
11-01-2008, 01:10 AM
SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!! hahahahah. Funny we still pulled out a win even though we had to play Bellville and the refs the entire first half. What is defensive holding? Have never heard of that one, and 3 chop block calls? On our second drive after holding Bellville to three and out twice, we had a 2nd and 48 because of penalties. Should have been 14-7 going into half but the refs gifted Bellville new life. How did we not have a scoring drive? First play from scrimmage we throw a touchdown and then we march down the field twice in the last 6 minutes. Come on Bellville let me hear your excuses, just make sure not to drip to many tears on your keyboard.

On a side note, this was the most exciting final six minutes of football I have ever had the privaledge to watch. All I can say is WOW. Also, I think Bellville needs to talk to their boys, 3 late hits on a qb is a little much, but you know what they say.

This game was won because of HEART! Our boys never gave up and pulled this one out. Our QB did what Tony Romo should have done on the bad snap. One more time because I want to make sure I get all the Bellville people riled up:

SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO HAD MORE YARDS OR IF ANS OR SHOULD COULDAS, THE FINAL SCORE IS WHAT COUNTS.

U my friend, with all of ur little haha's are classless. U win a game given to ya, and still have the ga"ll to fuss about the refs. good luck in whatever you fuss about-LOL...

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 01:26 AM

Try winning with class. I remember Sealy losing an earlier game and you were shocked that nobody was giving you a hard time. This was a great game and I'm very proud of the Bellville boys. You win on a fluke play and you want to rub it in Bellville's face. I had a good view of the 2nd qtr chop block. The Sealy defender did this to #22 as he went out for a pass. Sealy scored their first TD after recoving a fumble. I think what the earlier poster meant was that Sealy didn't have any long substained drives. He was wrong, because Sealy did drive the ball after they held on 4th & 1. The other score was set up by the fumbled punt. IMO, Sealy got away with 2 holding calls on that last drive. I know the Bellville coaches were screaming at the Refs for not making the call. I saw one Sealy lineman tackle the Bellville DT and the Ref was looking right at the play. Downey was held in check most of the night, but he did the damage on that last drive. We all held our breath anytime he touched the ball, he has the speed to go the distance on any play. Hats off to #11, he was making tackles all night long. Good luck in DI, represent D25-3A with class.

3aSoftball4Mom
11-01-2008, 02:22 AM
This is what a friendly rivalry is about, but vandalizing the Bellville stadium crossed the line. How do you know there weren't any players involved?

I don't think any kind of vandalizm is right.... and it should never go unpunished.

However, let's talk about 5/6 years ago when the class of '09 was in Jr. High and the Sealy/Bellville game was in Sealy.
Some students, not saying whose,
vandalized, with spray paint, Sealy High School , (now the Jr. High) concession stand and parts of the gym.
There was some pretty vulgar stuff on those walls too. I guess fans don't remember that.

moving on....
I'm sure that someone out there can "one up me" with another story like...
"well, Sealy did such-n-such to Bellville in 1995"
then someone can top that story about how
"the Brahmas did this-n-that to the Tigers in 1952".
It doesn't matter how, where or when it got started, this kind of crap goes on all the time between schools and it's not right .
It should stop, but it won't.
Not until all parents teach their kids the right way to compete.

BUT MY
moral of this story is,

"don't criticize other people when you, yourself have faults and weaknesses of your own... "
and
"you shouldn't criticize a whole community for the faults of only a few".

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 06:52 AM
If Bellville had won, especially in a lopsided affair, I have little doubt that the "overrated" card would be thrown all over this thread, since it has been posted numerous times by several of the Brahma fans all season. Just something to think about & my $.02. :)

KL3
11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Houston Chronicle stats on the game:

Sealy Bellville
Total yards 215 333
First downs 13 17
Rushes/Yds 40/103 45/304
Average rush 2.58 6.76
Comp/Atts 5/14 2/9
Pass yards 112 29
Comp pct 35.71 22.22
Punts 8 5
Punting Yards 256 75
Punting Average 32 15
Fumbles/Lost 1/0 2/2
Penalties-yards 7-87 11-95

957tiger
11-01-2008, 09:32 AM
If you use to be in the top ten, drop off the page after getting beat by the likes of Navasota and Giddings, both of whom are play-off bound and rated. Turn around and beat two undefeated teams, find yourself in the play-offs for the second year in a row, do you at least get to be in the top 50 or so in the state without making someone mad.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 09:34 AM
If you use to be in the top ten, drop off the page after getting beat by the likes of Navasota and Giddings, both of whom are play-off bound and rated. Turn around and beat two undefeated teams, find yourself in the play-offs for the second year in a row, do you at least get to be in the top 50 or so in the state without making someone mad.
It depends where you're from, but since you're from Sealy, I think the answer to "without making someone mad" is probably NO. ;)

Sorry, but there are some that just can't get past it.

STAggie
11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Winning with class? This is Bellville Sealy. Class is and never will be involved. If you would have won this game all we would of heard, like was posted above, overrated blah blah blah. If you can honsetly tell me that last touchdown before half wasn't a gift from the zebras you are out of your mind. We had you stopped on third down with a sack that put you out of field goal territory and then you get a defensive holding call? I still want to know what that is. I never said there were no chop blocks but I find it odd when three are called within one series of possession.

Now for my analysis of the game, as I am a little more focused this morning. Nunn is the real deal. That kid is going to be a big time playre at UTEP. We couldn't stop him from moving his feet for most of the night and I still don't know why Chancellor took the ball out of his hands when it mattered most. Bellville's D was also as good as advertised keeping Downey from breaking for big plays. The pass rush from Bellville was quick and I believe that will get them deep in the playoffs. The only criticism I have on Bellville teams is their QB. He just doesn't have the arm or maybe he just had an off game I couldn't tell. Don't worry Brahmas you guys are going to make a great run in the playoffs and don't let this one game get you down. There was my class, back after a crazy night.

navscanmaster
11-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Although Sealy is crawling back, some would argue that they should have never been in the top ten. I believe they were top 25, but not top 7. I didn't even know if Navasota should have been top 7 before the season. However, as far as the current ratings go, Sealy has three losses. A big win against Bellville will help them with confidence in the playoffs. But there are plenty of one or two loss teams out there that have only lost to other top rated teams. Teams like La Vernia, who beat Cuero and lost to Giddings. Or Sweetwater, who barely lost to Burkburnett, but has beaten all but Wylie in District 2 after being shunned in the preseason. Or Prosper, who barely lost to Bridgeport, but has destroyed Celina. Then you have your undefeateds still left.

3aSoftball4Mom
11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Houston Chronicle stats on the game:

Sealy Bellville
Total yards 215 333
First downs 13 17
Rushes/Yds 40/103 45/304
Average rush 2.58 6.76
Comp/Atts 5/14 2/9
Pass yards 112 29
Comp pct 35.71 22.22
Punts 8 5
Punting Yards 256 75
Punting Average 32 15
Fumbles/Lost 1/0 2/2
Penalties-yards 7-87 11-95

Thanks for those stats. and WOW, those stats show that on paper Bellville should have won that game. BUT we all know that games are not played on paper, and this particular game was played in the pasture of pain.

Necks_Fan
11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
Thanks for those stats. and WOW, those stats show that on paper Bellville should have won that game. BUT we all know that games are not played on paper, and this particular game was played in the pasture of pain. 11 penalties and 2 lost fumbles.

Bellville beat Bellville by those stats. :doh:

pirate4state
11-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
11 penalties and 2 lost fumbles.

Bellville beat Bellville by those stats. :doh:

When a team beats itself, does it make it easier to swallow?? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 11:12 AM
When a team beats itself, does it make it easier to swallow?? :thinking:
No, but excuses are better than getting beat. ;)

OldBison75
11-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Before this game I picked Sealy to win because I said they felt they had something to prove. Well, I was right on the pick, but dead wrong on the cause of the outcome. Bellville was mistake prone in this game and the Bellville coaching staff must have developed Altzheimer's. How can you not use Nunn when your leading and he has not been stopped all night. If your gonna take a shot at fourth and one, go with the hoss that never gives an in and has the power to get one yard on anyone.

Congratualtions to Sealy on the win. Both teams will be in the playoffs and both will do well. If Bellville can shake off this game and the coaches can have a brain enema, the Bulls will be a force in the playoffs for several weeks.

KL3
11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Anybody else find it amusing how much LH Panther Mom posts on Bellville threads? I think she is borderline obsessed with the brahmas.

And she is supposed to be a moderator?

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Anybody else find it amusing how much LH Panther Mom posts on Bellville threads? I think she is borderline obsessed with the brahmas.

And she is supposed to be a moderator?
Not obsessed at all! You might notice & find it amusing because you limit yourself to threads about only a few teams. You should get out more (on here).

Oh, I'm not "supposed" to be a moderator, I am one. Since when does that limit what thread I can and can't post on? Do you happen to know TP? :thinking:

Necks_Fan
11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
When a team beats itself, does it make it easier to swallow?? :thinking: No way. If anything, it makes it worse because you know you could have won.

I'm not making excuses for another team... just pointing out facts.:)

sinton66
11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Although Sealy is crawling back, some would argue that they should have never been in the top ten. I believe they were top 25, but not top 7. I didn't even know if Navasota should have been top 7 before the season. However, as far as the current ratings go, Sealy has three losses. A big win against Bellville will help them with confidence in the playoffs. But there are plenty of one or two loss teams out there that have only lost to other top rated teams. Teams like La Vernia, who beat Cuero and lost to Giddings. Or Sweetwater, who barely lost to Burkburnett, but has beaten all but Wylie in District 2 after being shunned in the preseason. Or Prosper, who barely lost to Bridgeport, but has destroyed Celina. Then you have your undefeateds still left.

All of that is interesting to look at, but there are teams in all classifications that would have to be considered "late bloomers". Not saying this is the case with Sealy(might be, might not), but it happens all the time. Teams gel late. Doesn't make them any less worthy, particularily when they manage to knock off a top rated team which was previously unbeaten.

KL3
11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not obsessed at all! You might notice & find it amusing because you limit yourself to threads about only a few teams. You should get out more (on here).

Oh, I'm not "supposed" to be a moderator, I am one. Since when does that limit what thread I can and can't post on? Do you happen to know TP? :thinking:

Judging by your posts on Bellville threads the past couple years, the Brahmas aren't one of your favorite teams and you enjoy when they lose which is evident by the hand-clapping post you made earlier on this thread.

sinton66
11-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Judging by your posts on Bellville threads the past couple years, the Brahmas aren't one of your favorite teams and you enjoy when they lose which is evident by the hand-clapping post you made earlier on this thread.

Not saying you are correct at all, but even if you are, SO? She isn't entitled to her own opinion? How do you know she was clapping AGAINST Bellville instead of FOR Sealy? You know what they say about assumptions, right?

KL3
11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I just find it strange that a moderator who is from Liberty Hill goes out of her way to post negatively towards Bellville on every Bellville thread. But whatever.

As for district 25, if Giddings, Sealy, and Bellville all win next week, what is the tie-breaker for Giddings and Bellville in D2? Is it as simple as Bellville won the head to head and gets the top seed in D2?

Looks like the #1 seed would play Brookshire Royal in the 1st round with a potential 2nd round matchup with La Vernia in the 2nd round and the #2 seed would play Sweeny in the 1st round.

Gators17
11-01-2008, 12:11 PM
you can point fingers at a lot of things for this game but to me the one thing that killed us was on 4th and 1 when chancellor tried to get sealy to jump offsides and called a timeout. He has a 6'6" 220 QB and a D1 runningback in the backfield how does he not QB sneak or let nunn run it? Absolutely mind blowing.

PS does anyone have nunns stats from the game?

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Now for my analysis of the game, as I am a little more focused this morning. Nunn is the real deal. That kid is going to be a big time playre at UTEP. We couldn't stop him from moving his feet for most of the night and I still don't know why Chancellor took the ball out of his hands when it mattered most. Bellville's D was also as good as advertised keeping Downey from breaking for big plays. The pass rush from Bellville was quick and I believe that will get them deep in the playoffs. The only criticism I have on Bellville teams is their QB. He just doesn't have the arm or maybe he just had an off game I couldn't tell. Don't worry Brahmas you guys are going to make a great run in the playoffs and don't let this one game get you down. There was my class, back after a crazy night.

Much better, you win my respect. Very good analysis!

Defensive holding.......#22 of Bellville was tackled going out for a pass. Very easy call from my view (happened on Bellville side). Bellville players do need to control their emotions, those 3 late hits were uncalled for. One of those gave Sealy a first down after they had about a 2nd & 35.

The QB play for Bellville hasn't been that good. Give the young credit as he is a highly rated TE prospect, but was asked to play QB, something he hasn't done since junior high. I would love to see him at TE, but undoubtly he's their best option at QB.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Excuse me? Saying great job to one team is posting negatively about the other team? Get the chip off your shoulder! I post on threads for all kinds of teams telling the winner "congrats" or "good job". Give me a break.....this is ridiculous. :doh: :doh:

OldBison75
11-01-2008, 12:25 PM
LHPanthermom posts on alot of threads and very often posts on thread about Navasota. You may not always like what she says, but she says what she believes. I have found her to be pretty darn honest and straightforward about her opinions.

If you don't like someone's posts, as is obivously the case here, then just look at each post and if her name is there, skip that post. No one here is forcing you to read something you don't want to hear.

Just as a side note, I noticed this week that the Bellville posters were among the quickest to blame everything from criminal activity to bad coaching ethics on Sealy. I don't particularly like that either, but your opinion is the one thing that this great country lets you keep. You may get blasted by those that don't agree with you, but you will not be censored if you disagree with respect and dignity.

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I just find it strange that a moderator who is from Liberty Hill goes out of her way to post negatively towards Bellville on every Bellville thread. But whatever.

As for district 25, if Giddings, Sealy, and Bellville all win next week, what is the tie-breaker for Giddings and Bellville in D2? Is it as simple as Bellville won the head to head and gets the top seed in D2?

Looks like the #1 seed would play Brookshire Royal in the 1st round with a potential 2nd round matchup with La Vernia in the 2nd round and the #2 seed would play Sweeny in the 1st round.

Assuming Sealy, Giddings & Bellville finish 4-1, I'm very sure they would go by point differential. Bellville would be a +5 and be the #1 seed.

I also find it a little strange about a couple of moderators and other posters that love to kick Bellville when there down. Funny how they don't post after a Bellville win. Maybe they forgot you need "C" & "L" to spell class.

sinton66
11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Assuming Sealy, Giddings & Bellville finish 4-1, I'm very sure they would go by point differential. Bellville would be a +5 and be the #1 seed.

I also find it a little strange about a couple of moderators and other posters that love to kick Bellville when there down. Funny how they don't post after a Bellville win. Maybe they forgot you need "C" & "L" to spell class.

So, now it's "unclassy" not to be a fan of Bellville? Give me a break.:rolleyes:

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 05:49 PM

No worries Bull's Eye it is coming down to this:
Bellville 4-1
Giddings 4-1
Sealy 3-2
La Grange 2-3
Smithville 1-4
Columbus 1-4

Bellville gets D25 Championship bragging rights from head to head and as an added bonus (since they lost to Sealy and shut out the Leps from the playoffs) get to go into the easier DII in Region 4(Cuero going DI). Nice work if you can get it.
:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I am glad that Sealy won, now Cuero can dish out some of that punishment that Sealy put on us during their playoff runs ;) :D

BIGHOG_sTx
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
it dont matter what the hype was before the game and just to let all of you people know bellville did alot more stuff like coming INTO our school and posting stuff on the walls but that doesnt matter anymore cause in the end them boys from SEALY TEXAS are THE OWNERS OF AUSTIN COUNTY......:cool:

3aSoftball4Mom
11-01-2008, 09:50 PM

I also find it a little strange about a couple of moderators and other posters that love to kick Bellville when there down

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Poor Bellville, always getting picked on by the MODS. Those meanies!

:stirpot: :stirpot:

hookandladder
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by KL3

You better watch what you say mommy will ban you from this tread, I know. With Bellville losing to Sealy it put an end to our playoff hopes, should have played better against Smithville.

zebrablue2
11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by BIGHOG_sTx
it dont matter what the hype was before the game and just to let all of you people know bellville did alot more stuff like coming INTO our school and posting stuff on the walls but that doesnt matter anymore cause in the end them boys from SEALY TEXAS are THE OWNERS OF AUSTIN COUNTY......:cool:

Fact- This was the 69th meeting between Bellville and Sealy. Bellville leads the series 42-27. Owners of AC. ROFLMAO.. Good luck in the playoffs....

3aSoftball4Mom
11-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Fact- This was the 69th meeting between Bellville and Sealy. Bellville leads the series 42-27. Owners of AC. ROFLMAO.. Good luck in the playoffs....

Bellville at 3-0 in District are looking good for a play-off spot, Sealy needs a win to stay in the race. Austin County Championship, and a District Championship on the line. Oct. 31, Bellville Texas @ The Pasture of Pain!!!!

Evidently it's a year to year ownership of the County and Championship Title, as is most rivalry titles,

I believe this year belongs to Sealy. :D :D

Bull19
11-03-2008, 09:33 AM
after reading all this its pretty funny how sealy posters and certain other people all have something smart to say and imply so many things about bellville.(you know who you are, and we all arent stupid on reading this). this board is freaking pathetic.

on the game though, sealy is really lucky to leave bellville with a win. bellville made a couple costly mistakes in the second half, and a handful of mis-calls and some questionable playcalling allowed sealy back in the game. congrats to sealy on the win and hanging in there the whole night.

DaHop72
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
this board is freaking pathetic.

:bigcry: :bigcry: You can always leave.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull19
11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:bigcry: :bigcry: You can always leave.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: dont you have some "friends" on here to go suck up too?

DaHop72
11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
dont you have some "friends" on here to go suck up too? When you have "friends" you don't have to suck up, oh wait a minute, you don't have any "friends". :rolleyes:

BrahmaMom
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Can we get back to the purpose of the site--3A football, and quit the name-calling? Sealy played every minute all four quarters Friday night and won a well-played, hard-fought game. I am proud of the Brahmas. There were penalties we shouldn't have had, I think we finally got intense, but weren't self-disciplined about it. Oh well. Congrats to the Tigers! Great game, you have some real talent. No excuses from this Brahma fan. We, too, have some great players who play hard and took care of business as best they could. My one observation was the clock stayed on 1:37 for several seconds, but you play the hand you're dealt. Learn from Friday night and get ready for Smithville (more Tigers!!). Go Brahmas!!

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Can we get back to the purpose of the site--3A football, and quit the name-calling? Sealy played every minute all four quarters Friday night and won a well-played, hard-fought game. I am proud of the Brahmas. There were penalties we shouldn't have had, I think we finally got intense, but weren't self-disciplined about it. Oh well. Congrats to the Tigers! Great game, you have some real talent. No excuses from this Brahma fan. We, too, have some great players who play hard and took care of business as best they could. My one observation was the clock stayed on 1:37 for several seconds, but you play the hand you're dealt. Learn from Friday night and get ready for Smithville (more Tigers!!). Go Brahmas!! Great suggestion!!

Good luck to your Brahmas next week & in the playoffs.