10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
SICK STATS TONIGHT!

TRENT JACKSON (FRESHMAN)

6 Rushes
208 Yards
4 Touchdowns
Played only 1 series second half!!!!

Wow... sounds like this young man is going to have some good performances throughout his high school career.

Necks_Fan
10-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
SICK STATS TONIGHT!

TRENT JACKSON (FRESHMAN)

6 Rushes
208 Yards
4 Touchdowns
Played only 1 series second half!!!! Unbelievable!

Dang, Congrats to him.

bigYoe
10-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a future threat to any team in Cuero's District for the next 4 years. Must be a stud, is he big?

CueroDad08
10-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Alot of people around town already talking about he could be as good as Robert Strait was as a fresh. This kid was worked in slow early on. And now is the real deal. First start was 3 weeks ago.

1st start
222 yards 4 TD's

2nd start
189 yards 2 TD's
(did not play much 2nd half)

3rd start
202 yards 4 TD's ( 6 carries)
(did not play much 2nd half)

JT44
10-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Sounds like a future threat to any team in Cuero's District for the next 4 years. Must be a stud, is he big?

Not a very big kid, but seems developed for his age. He just seems to have natural RB abilities.
What he does well is accelerate through the hole and keeps his knees high and moving. You have to tackle him up top b/c he will step through any defenders going at or below his waist.

Gobbla2001
10-25-2008, 08:21 AM
only saw him play last week... he's not too little and will fill out... he's young...

crabman
10-25-2008, 11:04 AM
3 district games against Yoakum, Palacios, and Goliad. He was not the starter against Yoakum.

28 carries 559 yards 10 touchdowns 20 yards per carry over three games. If he were a baseball player he would be batting .357. 10 for 28.

He made Aaron Franklin look silly on that one play last night. Got him all turned around. Franklin is a stud. Medalist in the 300m hurdles at state and probably the fastest 110m hurdler in 3A last year if he hadn't false started at district.

Last week against Palacios Jackson did a triple juke move on the safety and the safety's legs just buckled and he sat down.

The kid is only 14 and not real developed yet. I will see if I can get some video links of him.

He is really hurting Arndt's stats. Coaches can't work on passing because everytime we run we score against this weaker competition.

44INAROW
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by crabman

He made Aaron Franklin look silly on that one play last night. Got him all turned around. Franklin is a stud.
He is really hurting Arndt's stats. Coaches can't work on passing because everytime we run we score against this weaker competition.

that was funnny - even to an "untrained eye" you could see the moves he put on him.

headhunter
10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
The kid is going to be great, he is young and it is scary how good he can be. I did notice that against Bay City and LaVernia he was brought down by a few arm tackles. You give this kid another year to mature and grow-up and he is going to be bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter. He is a great open field runner and very explosive. Give those big Hog-mollies some credit, those guys open up holes that anyone could run through. As for now, he is the best running-back in the district possibly the area.

As far as the statistics go, just go play the game and keep winning, the stats will take care of themselves. Everybody knows Arndt can throw the football and that is why we should have done it more in non-district because if we throw now we just run up the score ever more. I would like to see the offense run some no-huddle and throw a little more these last two games. I have to agree with the comment Boomer made earlier in the season by saying that we should work on throwing the ball a bit more, because their will be some games in the playoffs where we will have to open it up. It is kind of hard though when everytime the Gobblers touch the ball they score.

I thought our district was weak last year and they proved me wrong by having the most playoff wins by a district in the state (I think). All at least 3 rounds. This year however I think our district really is weak. I can't see anyone else other than Cuero winning in the playoffs.