PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW: Navasota Rattlers (7-0) @ Cameron Yoemen (6-1)

King_LeYoeNidas
10-24-2008, 10:08 PM
This is gonna be for the district title. The only two teams undefeated in the district, both at 4-0. Cameron is now 6-1 overall, Navasota is undefeated on the season at 7-0 I think? I know they missed a game or two because of the Hurricane. Cameron's lone loss came to Gatesville waaaay back in week two by a score of 19-17. Since then, they've gone on an offensive onslaught. Navasota has been state ranked from the start of the season. Both teams are ready for playoffs, this is for bragging rights. Halloween night @ Yoe Field. Who wins??

Oh and btw, this game should be game of the week for our region.

bigYoe
10-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Should be a Great game and yes it is at Yoe Field and NO WE DONT PAY OFF REFS. Will be a great game and hard fought till the end. Should also be a close one. Go YOE

navscanmaster
10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I think Navasota will once again play to the level of their competition. I see this one coming down to the last few minutes. But I have no reason not to be confident in my Rattlers. I think the passing games will be key in this matchup, as Cameron will have much more success stopping Pratt than Taylor had, and the Rattler run defense is very salty this year. I think that Navasota's game breakers will win this game for the Rattlers. If not, I have a co-worker that will never let me live it down.:(

Go Rattlers!!!!!!

Navasota 35, Cameron 34.

Dogman_1969
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
The team with the fewest mistakes\penalties will come out on top. To date Navasota has made more i think, but Navasota is loaded with talent.

Yoe by 3 at home.......

King_LeYoeNidas
10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
if Cameron wants to win, they MUST calm down with the penalties. They had at least 11 tonight against Rudder.

The fact that I have to miss this game makes me a very sad panda.

OldBison75
10-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Rattlers and Yoemen will be a battle to the very end. Rattlers have had very few turnovers this year (only 3 interceptions), Playing in Cameron wiil be tough since the Yoe crowd will be wild. Second, the Yoe are a top notch team that can beat anybody on any given night. I believe the Rattlers will win because they have faced every challenge this year and answered the bell when they needed it, whether on offense or defense.

No , I don't believe anyone will honestly say the Yoe has homer refs, at least anybody from Navasota. But, I will say that playing in Cameron is tough because the fans , atmosphere, and intimidating.

I believe my Rattlers win, but I won't make excuses like refs if they don't. In any HS football game, you see good and bad calls go both ways. The measure of a champ is facing that adversity and stepping up your game.

cameron91
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
not doing any research but I do belive when it comes down to regular season games cameron has beaten the Rattlers each time and when it comes to the playoff Navasota has beaten cameron each time.so with history on our side , we may just win this one. but if we meet in the playoff its all RATTLERS :

OldBison75
10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Cameron91, I think your history is pretty close to accurate. however, I think this year will be a different result. This is maybe the best Rattler team is 20 years as far as pure talent. The real difference is the attitude. They believe that they can beat anybody and just keep finding a new hero each time the game is close. No single studs, but a stable full of thourobreds.

Good luck to the Yoe, except for this coming game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2008, 11:47 PM
WOW, can't wait til 10/31. I think we should get there early. How many does Yoe Field hold on the visitor's side?

87 TIGER
10-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
WOW, can't wait til 10/31. I think we should get there early. How many does Yoe Field hold on the visitor's side? How many riding up with ya? About 2 car loads is all that will fit in the stands everybody else will be standing.Good luck to both remember it's halloween Believe it or not , yes a Tiger is gonna pick the yoe to win it at home.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-25-2008, 09:12 AM
here is the rundown for each team so far this season. Thanks Waco Trib!
Cameron:
08/29/2008 Connally @ Cameron W 41 - 37
09/05/2008 Gatesville @ Cameron L 14 - 16
09/19/2008 Lorena at Waco ISD Stadium Waco ISD W 60 - 35
09/26/2008 Rockdale @ Cameron Yoe Stadium W 41 - 28
10/03/2008 Taylor @ Taylor W 27 - 14
10/17/2008 Madisonville @ Cameron Yoe Stadium W 34 - 7
10/24/2008 Bryan Rudder @ Bryan Rudder W 40 - 0

Navasota:

08/28/2008 Henderson Lufkin W 35 - 34
09/05/2008 Palestine W 49 - 14
09/26/2008 Bryan Rudder * W 58 - 3
10/10/2008 Caldwell * Navasota W 28 - 27
10/17/2008 Rockdale * W 21 - 14
10/24/2008 Taylor * W 42 - 21

Interesting to note, with the exception of Cameron's one loss, the defense has gotten better and better each week. In district the last 4 weeks they've allowed 28, 14, 7 and then 0 last night. (though in the Rockdale game at least 2, maybe 3 TD came on backups) The most Navasota has allowed is 34, Cameron averages just under 37 while Navasota averages just over 38. Take out the Cameron loss, and Cameron averages 40.5. All this offense and watch the score end up being 10 to 7 lol

Rabid Cougar
10-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
How many riding up with ya? About 2 car loads is all that will fit in the stands everybody else will be standing.Good luck to both remember it's halloween Believe it or not , yes a Tiger is gonna pick the yoe to win it at home.

Make that two subcompact car loads.

Bearkat
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Going with the Cameron Yoemen.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
There will probably be two car loads. :D

As far as the game goes, this will be a great game for both teams. A playoff atmosphere. All this season, the Rattlers have played at the level of their competition. Without a doubt, I believe that Navasota can play with any team in the state. Because of Navasota's offense and the way tha their defense has turned it around this season, I will go with the Rattlers. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cameron won. Maybe that would be the wake up call for the Rattlers that they need.

Go Snakes!

cameron91
10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
just remember their is only a hand full of fast foods spots to eat in cameron.(sonic,maybe texas burger)..so pack all the summer sausage, spam,hogg head cheeze and pottie meat for the ride home.it will be a long ride home on a empty stomach and a lost.:D ..good luck to both teams...

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
THIS will be a great contest at Yoe Field, and should be a boost for either team watever the outcome. Whoever loses will get a wakeup call for playoffs seeing the both are going. Whoever wins will gain confindence knowing they beat a good team before the playoffs. WILL be a good matchup no matter the outcome and i will be down under the scoreboard at halftime to meet some 3adownlow'ers. Go oYe

Milk That Cow
10-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Whoever loses will get a wakeup call for playoffs seeing the both are going.

So if Cameron Yoe loses to Navasota and Caldwell, they are still garunteed to go to the Playoffs?

Dogman_1969
10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
not if they loose to Navasota & to Caldwell by 14 points. If that happens i think they stay home............

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 02:15 PM
looking at District right now yea Cameron should go UNLESS they lose pretty bad to BOTH Caldwell and Navasota. Seeing as Rockdale beat Caldwell and Cameron Beat Rockdale pretty easy im saying that if Cameron loses to either/or Navasota and Caldwell i dont think it will be by very much. IMO its Navasota, Cameron then Rockdale/Caldwell. Just have to wait and see.

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 02:17 PM
To anyone from Cameron. I know you lost to Gatesville early in the season. What week was that and was it at Gatesville or at home. I bet it was early and at Gatesville. I can't imagine the Yoe losing at home to Gatesville. Navasota is healthy and ready, is Cameron healthy or are there injuries.

I am asking to get an idea of the matchup, I think if both are healthy, this will be a real battle. If this ain't the game of the week in the region, I would hate to see the better matchup. It might take all 48 minutes and an overtime to decide this one.

Everybody knows Navasota has Pratt and a great passing game in the spread. Give me the strength of your offense and an idea what you do best (in your opinion). Navasota defense has been much better this year and has learned to make some strong stands when needed. It's strength is the linebackers. How is Cameron's defense. What is it's strength?

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Our offense is basically balanced between pass and rush. We have Many threats at the wide receiver position unfortunately we lost one of our best to off-field descrepancies a few weeks ago but hasnt seemed to slow the passing game down. Rushing attack is led by RB James Wells who is QUICK. QB Townsend is also a good rusher with plenty of yards on the ground this Season. Defense is gettin better each week especially in the secondary. Rush Defense looked damn good against Whaley last week and again last night. Should either be a great high scoring game between two high powered offenses or a low scoring game between two great defenses. GO oYe, good luck to both teams

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Big Yoe, thanks for the assessment. I agree that this sounds like a battle of two top offenses, but I think that the defenses will decide the winner. Whichever defense can make some consistent stops during the game should win. Look forward to a great game with both teams deserving to win.

R3Editor
10-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Here folks: We had two games to choose from that are between undefeated, tough Region III teams. Both of these games will decide the district championship for each district. Carthage and Diboll have virtually run away with district 20, so there is no reason to believe that either team will miss the playoffs. In this game, Navasota or Cameron, even with only one loss between the two far this season, could possibly drop two games in a row and sit at home, as Rockdale has only one game against 6th place Taylor left, and Caldwell will host Cameron with their backs against the wall. The implications for the loser in this game are tremendous. The reward is a crown. That is why this is the Region III GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!!

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Good post R3 Editor. Cameron/Navasota should be Reg. III game of the week basically because both of these teams are playing for the District Championship(though Cameron Plays a tough Caldwell team next week). If Cameron pulls off the upset and loses to Caldwell we migh have a helluva predicament lol. good job D24

ctownlegend
10-25-2008, 06:49 PM
This will be a GREAT game. Most everyone has already said this, but it will either be a shoot-out, or two defenses (that are often overlooked due to their teams talents on the offensive side of the ball) will make this game a low scoring whoever-forces-the-most-turnovers-wins CLASSIC! Should be a GREAT football atmosphere in cameron...district championship on the line...some of the GREATEST talent in Class 3a...Halloween....who could ask for more?

Prediction: Cameron wins one for the ages...28-21

Oh, and on the Visitor Seating....you can get more than 2 carloads...:rolleyes: try 5 or 6. :D
(Actually its probably only 100-150 depending on wether or not Navasota has hi-steppers)

ctownlegend
10-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
So if Cameron Yoe loses to Navasota and Caldwell, they are still garunteed to go to the Playoffs?

No...losing to Navasota is ok for Cameron...if they lose to navasota AND caldwell they will still be in the playoffs..as long as they lose to Caldwell by less than 14.

ProudHornetMom
10-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Don't have to tell y'all that the Rattler vs. Yoe game is important for the Hornets. :eek: :twitch:

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Don't have to tell y'all that the Rattler vs. Yoe game is important for the Hornets. :eek: :twitch:

Come and root on the Rattlers. Oh, bring those can shakers with ya.:D

bigYoe
10-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Well yea like said before Our Visitors' stand's arent very big at all. There will be ALOT of people on the Navasota side stading. But for Navasota AND Caldwell fans in those stands might be lil too much. who knows tho it will pacekd anyway so any fans from other teams will be standing anyway.

navscanmaster
10-25-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm going to try to get there pretty dang early if I can help it. I don't mind playing cell phone solitaire.:)

sicem74
10-25-2008, 10:52 PM
i gotta go with my cameron yoemen!

OldBison75
10-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Navasota will have about 1000 or more fans at the game. In the cozy confines of Yoe land, the fans will be very loud. Tell the concession stand they better have lots of everything, since most times they have run out of food and drinks at our other out of town games. The Rattlers will be very primed up for this one. I expect to see the offense really hitting on both the rushing and passing games and the defense playing as tough as they have all year. Cameron had better be ready for anything. Navasota has the skill weapons to beat you on the ground if you try to stop the pass and in the air if you choose to load up to stop the run.

This will be a good game because Cameron always plays hard and has good athletes. However, Navasota will roll on to the District Championship by at least 14 points. My prediction is Navasota 35 Cameron 21.

ctownlegend
10-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Navasota will have about 1000 or more fans at the game. In the cozy confines of Yoe land, the fans will be very loud. Tell the concession stand they better have lots of everything, since most times they have run out of food and drinks at our other out of town games. The Rattlers will be very primed up for this one. I expect to see the offense really hitting on both the rushing and passing games and the defense playing as tough as they have all year. Cameron had better be ready for anything. Navasota has the skill weapons to beat you on the ground if you try to stop the pass and in the air if you choose to load up to stop the run.

This will be a good game because Cameron always plays hard and has good athletes. However, Navasota will roll on to the District Championship by at least 14 points. My prediction is Navasota 35 Cameron 21.

I really think Cameron's D is playing with a chip on its shoulder, they haven't gotten any respect all season long, and at times they haven't exactly deserved it, but I think ater their great game against Whaley and their first shutout of the season they are gaining some confidence. I think they are gonna be ready to come out and show the state that Cameron has a defense as well....

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
I really think Cameron's D is playing with a chip on its shoulder, they haven't gotten any respect all season long, and at times they haven't exactly deserved it, but I think ater their great game against Whaley and their first shutout of the season they are gaining some confidence. I think they are gonna be ready to come out and show the state that Cameron has a defense as well....

I think that everyone in the state already knows that Cameron has a quality defense. IMO, you don't win games if you don't play defense. On the other hand, since I haven't seen Cameron play, I can only speak on Navasota. The Rattlers have the potential to play great defense, ALA Sealy, Palestine, Caldwell in the second half, and against Rockdale. Both Navasota and Cameron have something to proove and are playing for R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Hopefully, this game will be injury free and I pray that the officials let the players decide the game.

Go Snakes!

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 08:49 AM
I think that everyone in the state already knows that Cameron has a quality defense. IMO, you don't win games if you don't play defense. On the other hand, since I haven't seen Cameron play, I can only speak on Navasota. The Rattlers have the potential to play great defense, ALA Sealy, Palestine, Caldwell in the second half, and against Rockdale. Both Navasota and Cameron have something to proove and are playing for R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Hopefully, this game will be injury free and I pray that the officials let the players decide the game.

Go Snakes!

It's gonna be a good one, do doubt! Do I really have to wait five more days?

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
It's gonna be a good one, do doubt! Do I really have to wait five more days?

Unfortunately, yes. :(

ProudHornetMom
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Come and root on the Rattlers. Oh, bring those can shakers with ya.:D

We play in Taylor but will supporting the Rattlers long distance and getting frequent text updates. The Hornets have to take care of business the next two weeks if we want to go post district.

We need the Rattlers to play like we all know you can. Put it all out there...speed, skill and strenght....and beat the Yoe!

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Cameron has a good defense, nobody has doubted that. But, the Rattlers have set the goal of being Districtchamps and undefeated through the regular season. They have had some rough games against Caldwell and Rockdale, games they were supposed to win, but they fought thier way to wins in both. They have palyed every game with a target on thier backs and responded. All year the defenses have keyed on Pratt and he has been the ultimate team player, doing what he was asked to do. As a reminder, he gained nearly 200 yards against a Taylor team that had a safety and linebacker keying on him every play.

The Cameron defense will play well , but they will be facing the first team they have seen all year with the combination of a top QB, top RB, and multiple top receivers that can all beat you on any play. The Rattlers are ready to open up the playbook and show what they can do. Cameron will have to play at the very top of thier game and the Rattlers will have to make mistakes for this to be very close. GO RATTLERS!!!

cameron91
10-26-2008, 03:38 PM
old Bison , nice wite up..but everything you just said about the rattlers.. to cameron that is like lookin into a mirrow.both teams can beat you either with the run or pass.This game will be come down to which defense comes to play.but history is on our side , if this was a playoff game you win, but since it's not we win..let just rep.d-24 well in the playoffs.

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Either team is gonna be a great representative for the district. I just believe that the Rattlers are on a mission this year and will find a way to win. If they get any breaks or turnovers, they will roll. I have faith in my team. just like you. This has been a historical year for the Rattlers already and beating Cameron on the regular season will add a new chapter to the Navasota history books. I am hoping to see the book have at keast several more weeks of chapters.

ctownlegend
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
:iagree: Bison, you made it sound like if Navasota has success against Cameron's Defense that their offense wouldn't be able to counter and keep the game close?

Navasota's D has a big challenge on their hands too. With Kelly and Wells sharing the load they will always have a fresh runner in...add in the down field threat that Freeman is at WR and the blazing speed of the rest of Cameron's stable of WR's, plus a big helping of Townsend at QB...wow...oh lets not leave out Cameron's O-line..which is being anchored by 5 seniors...can you say experience?

OldBison75
10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I think the Navasota defense can play strong against Cameron. The Rattler pass defense has kept every passing team in check this year and has been more than adequate against the run. They have bent some, but then stiffened when they had to to make a critical stop. They will give up yards and points to Cameron, but I believe that the Rattler offense will have more weapons than the Cameron defense can handle. Look for the Rattlers to have a balanced attack with at least five receivers catching passes and both Stokes and Pratt running strong.

If Cameron relies on speed, then they have found thier match. Navasota has five receivers that are not only fast, but quick. Jackson is also very big for a wideout and will make catches in traffic, and run like a tailback after the catch. On the defense, the Rattlers have held the good receivers from Rockdale , Palestine, and Taylor in check.

Navasota will be out to prove they belong in the ranks of the undefeated and state ranked after two medicore weeks against good Rockdale and Taylor teams. Lets play some football and let the boys on the field decide who wins. I am a homer in this game for sure. Nothing against Cameron. They will be a tough opponent for teams in the playoffs. But I have to believe they will be the second place team in this district.

ctownlegend
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm not gonna argue with that...lets let these kids decide it...I can't wait...should be a great game...

pirate4state
10-26-2008, 07:14 PM
What a great match up! Yoe has been playing great & Navasota has had some close calls.

Gonna go with the Yoeman at home by 1

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 08:32 PM
*****News Flash******************

Navasota hasn't played Cameron since 1987 in the regular season and since 1989 in the playoffs. Why is it that the Cameron supporters are riding on Cameron beating Navasota over 21 years ago in the regular season? Caldwell had a win streak against Navasota as well. But, that history didn't have anything to do with the game being played in 2008. It's kinda crazy to talk about success that Navasota has had against Cameron in the playoffs and the sucess that Cameron has had over Navasota in the regular season considering the two teams have not played in 19 years. But, if you all want to hang on to history, go ahead. The current Rattlers aren't. Heck, they weren't even born. Games are all about matchups. Navasota and Cameron match up well against each other. Who ever makes the fewest mistakes and capatilizes on the others' mistakes will win the game.

08/29....Waco Connally W 41-37
09/05....Gatesville L 14-16
09/19....@ Lorena W 60-35

I know these games were played at the beginning of the year, but, How do you lose at home against Gatesville? And, how did teams like Lorena and Waco Connally who are a combined 7-9 average 36.5 against the Yoemen defense, not to mention an average offense of Rockdale scoring 28 points? And to say you stopped Whaley, YAY!, but that is not saying much considering Madisonville's performance this year. The Mustangs have only won 2 games on the season including being DONKEY STOMPED by Rockdale 54-2.

Please don't think that I am being negative or downing Cameron. Cameron is an excellent team with a rich tradition. I like to ask the hard questions that I don't have the answer to. Just as I expect from others. This will be a great game.

Im going to get there at 630 ready to cheer on the Big Blue and White. :D

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Navasota hasn't played Cameron since 1987 in the regular season and since 1989 in the playoffs. Why is it that the Cameron supporters are riding on Cameron beating Navasota over 21 years ago in the regular season? Caldwell had a win streak against Navasota as well. But, that history didn't have anything to do with the game being played in 2008. It's kinda crazy to talk about success that Navasota has had against Cameron in the playoffs and the sucess that Cameron has had over Navasota in the regular season considering the two teams have not played in 19 years. But, if you all want to hang on to history, go ahead. The current Rattlers aren't. Heck, they weren't even born. Games are all about matchups. Navasota and Cameron match up well against each other. Who ever makes the fewest mistakes and capatilizes on the others' mistakes will win the game.

I know these games were played at the beginning of the year, but, How do you lose at home against Gatesville? And, how did teams like Lorena and Waco Connally who are a combined 7-9 average 36.5 against the Yoemen defense, not to mention an average offense of Rockdale scoring 28 points? And to say you stopped Whaley, YAY!, but that is not saying much considering Madisonville's performance this year. The Mustangs have only won 2 games on the season including being DONKEY STOMPED by Rockdale 54-2.
I don't think anybody, Cameron included, thinks that a history that stops 21 years ago can be a factor in this game. Facts are just facts, HEMO. The two most athletic teams in this district are matched up in this game. Both defenses have a helluva task at hand trying to turn that athleticism into a game plan. Both offenses had better cook up a helluva game plan to move the ball downfield, and work on their timing. Fumbles and flags usually decide a game like this. Cameron has no reason not to think they can upset Navasota, if you call a win at Yoe Field by the Yoeman an upset. Navasota has no reason not to think they can't go in and win another battle. They've done it three times this season.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't think anybody, Cameron included, thinks that a history that stops 21 years ago can be a factor in this game. Facts are just facts, HEMO. The two most athletic teams in this district are matched up in this game. Both defenses have a helluva task at hand trying to turn that athleticism into a game plan. Both offenses had better cook up a helluva game plan to move the ball downfield, and work on their timing. Fumbles and flags usually decide a game like this. Cameron has no reason not to think they can upset Navasota, if you call a win at Yoe Field by the Yoeman an upset. Navasota has no reason not to think they can't go in and win another battle. They've done it three times this season.

Yes, NAV, facts are facts, but when you see the history thrown into 3-4 posts, it makes you wonder.

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, NAV, facts are facts, but when you see the history thrown into 3-4 posts, it makes you wonder.
They are grasping at straws, must be dem.....whoa......had to catch my self there.:devil:

:D :D :D Just kidding, had to get people laughing a little.:clap:

King_LeYoeNidas
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Please don't think that I am being negative or downing Cameron. Cameron is an excellent team with a rich tradition. I like to ask the hard questions that I don't have the answer to. Just as I expect from others. This will be a great game.

Im going to get there at 630 ready to cheer on the Big Blue and White. :D

I've got the answers you are looking for. Waco vs. Cameron was week 0. Regardless of who you are, if you don't come out pumped and ready to play, you shouldn't be playing. It was a shootout, bottom line. Gatesville & Cameron games (look em up) are ALWAYS hard fought games regardless of records. There's a very respectful rivalry between the schools. Lorena was blown out and scored on 2nd team players. As for Rockdale, you can ask ANYONE who was there, Cameron dominated them for 3 1/2 quarters which is something Navasota did not do. From the opening kickoff, that game was never in question. Rockdale scored 2, maybe even 3 touchdowns on backups. THAT is how a "mediocore" offense scored 28 points on Cameron. BTW, that "average" offense gave your boys all they could handle for 4 full quarters. About the only thing I'll give you credit on is this so called history. Kids playing now weren't even alive then so I don't consider it a factor as to who won in regular season games vs. playoff games, etc. Hell I'm almost 30 and don't remember the last time we played Navasota. But regardless......I know I don't get to see this one live, but I'll no doubt be listening. I know Cameron, regardless of how many votes they get here, will shock the state if they pull this one off. But they won't shock themselves.

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
I've got the answers you are looking for. Waco vs. Cameron was week 0. Regardless of who you are, if you don't come out pumped and ready to play, you shouldn't be playing. It was a shootout, bottom line. Gatesville & Cameron games (look em up) are ALWAYS hard fought games regardless of records. There's a very respectful rivalry between the schools. Lorena was blown out and scored on 2nd team players. As for Rockdale, you can ask ANYONE who was there, Cameron dominated them for 3 1/2 quarters which is something Navasota did not do. From the opening kickoff, that game was never in question. Rockdale scored 2, maybe even 3 touchdowns on backups. THAT is how a "mediocore" offense scored 28 points on Cameron. BTW, that "average" offense gave your boys all they could handle for 4 full quarters. About the only thing I'll give you credit on is this so called history. Kids playing now weren't even alive then so I don't consider it a factor as to who won in regular season games vs. playoff games, etc. Hell I'm almost 30 and don't remember the last time we played Navasota. But regardless......I know I don't get to see this one live, but I'll no doubt be listening. I know Cameron, regardless of how many votes they get here, will shock the state if they pull this one off. But they won't shock themselves.

True, true. I agree with everyting you said, except that it wasn't Rockdale's offense that gave Navasota fits. Their defense did that.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 09:27 PM

Ok, good post. Rockdale game was close, a game where Navasota gave up less than 200 yards, but to be honest, that was the worst high school game that I have seen in the past 2 season. Navasota went up 14-0 mid ways through the 1st quarter and fell asleep.

I really look foward to this game. The weather should be perfect. I just hope that they don't beat each other up too bad before the playoffs.

I don't think that they will shock the state. Navasota isn't your Liberty Hill's, Abilene Wylie's and your Cuero's. They are still playing for respect. Hopefully, you can make this game to see this matchup.

navscanmaster
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok, good post. Rockdale game was close, but to be honest, that was the worst high school game that I have seen in the past 2 season. Navasota went up 14-0 mid ways through the 1st quarter and fell asleep.

I really look foward to this game. The weather should be perfect. I just hope that they don't beat each other up too bad before the playoffs.

I don't think that they will shock the state. Navasota isn't your Liberty Hill's, Abilene Wylie's and your Cuero's. They are still playing for respect. Hopefully, you can make this game to see this matchup.

LOL, done editing yet? Everytime I come back, you have something new!

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
LOL, done editing yet? Everytime I come back, you have something new!

Hey, I'm about to finish up my masters degree in education in December. I always find something wrong that needs my editing. :D

NastySlot
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
cameron question......how many juniors do you guys start...that junior class i heard was loaded?

bigYoe
10-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, dont care about stats. This IS going to be a good game and i'm glad its at home so i dont have to make the long drive after the long, COLD game. GO YOE

PVAMU04
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Well yet another big game in 24-3A! i read a little on the Yoemen and see that they pretty balanced on offense and their defense can be solid at times! That can also be said for the Rattlers too! But I am going to have to side with Pratt, Stokes, Jackson and Co. On this one Rattlers by 8 in Yoemen country! :)

cameron91
10-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Hemo.. nav..is right I was just pointin out our history we have togther.that all bro.. IMO.. your defense is better than your offense.the reason I say that is. your defense carried yall in the caldwell victory .your offense didn't show up until the 2nd half against caldwell.

now, against rockdale..i can't say anything about this game because rockdale was fighting for a playoff spot and they played like it too.so great game all around.

I think this game will be like the rockdale game.which every defense shows up to play will win this game.both team offense has showed they can be slowed down.but both teams defense has kept them in game. but for all I know it could be a shoot out. but it's funny no one is talking about SPEACIL TEAMS :(

bigYoe
10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Special teams will be a factor mainly in fieldage. Both offenses can score quick but a short field makes it easier. Go OYE

Tailback
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Have to go with Cameron Yoe in this one..

Cameron 35
Navasota 21

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
Hemo.. nav..is right I was just pointin out our history we have togther.that all bro.. IMO.. your defense is better than your offense.the reason I say that is. your defense carried yall in the caldwell victory .your offense didn't show up until the 2nd half against caldwell.

now, against rockdale..i can't say anything about this game because rockdale was fighting for a playoff spot and they played like it too.so great game all around.

I think this game will be like the rockdale game.which every defense shows up to play will win this game.both team offense has showed they can be slowed down.but both teams defense has kept them in game. but for all I know it could be a shoot out. but it's funny no one is talking about SPEACIL TEAMS :(

Hey, NAV is always right:D . Im really looking foward to Friday...4 days left. Defense will win this game along with who makes the fewest turnovers. I guess that can be said with any game, but, its true. Both teams have impressive defenses and offenses. It could be a game where both teams defenses' previal and the game is low scoring.

cameron91
10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
yeah...I wish I could make to this game ,but I have to work..it's micheal dell quarter end so he's trying to ship everything he can to fatt'en up his books.before the big lay off :( ..it seem like every time I take off to see a football game it back fires on me. but i do have next friday off :D ..but the ball and chain want to go see brady and bangs:( ......

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah...I was I could make it too.but I have to work..it's micheal dell quarter end so he's trying to ship everything he can to fatt'en up his books.before the big lay off :( ..it seem like every time I took off to see a football game this year it back fired on me. but i do have next friday off :D ..but the wifey want to go see brady and bangs:( ......

Hey, that can't wait til Saturday, lol?:(

cameron91
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
i need a CLONE MACHINE :D ..

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2008, 06:59 PM
i need a CLONE MACHINE :D ..

Tell me about it...:thinking:

cameron91
10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
even if I did have the day off.I'm grounded so I couldn't make it anyways..:( :mad:

firewolf171
10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
How bout them yoemen..
Halloween Night is the Night where things can turn!!!

Cameron 28
Navasota 21

bona fide
10-27-2008, 11:41 PM
navasota too strong for the yoemen, but it'll be close

d_scott81
10-28-2008, 08:31 AM
yoe by 7

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Navsota too strong for Cameron? you must have not seen our district play. Looks like all teams are pretty strong though Navasota does have some talent on both sides of the ball. 3 more days!!! Go YOE

UPanIN
10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Yoemen by 13:twitch:

GO RATTLERS!

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Yoemen by 13:twitch:

GO RATTLERS!

I hope that you are wrong UPanIN....:D

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I watched practice yesterday and noticed that the Rattlers are very focused and practicing hard. The Rattlers have been doing some things in practice that I have not seen them run all year. The defense appears to be ready for the game and based on what I saw, reads the Yoe offense very well in practice.

I think the Rattlers are ready and fired up for Friday night. I saw alot of energy and spirit in practice and alot of kid flying around to make plays.

This should be a great game for anyone that wants to see Central Texas football at its best. I believe the Rattlers and Yoe will both be playing with tremendous intensity and the game could come down to one defensive stop at the right time.

I still believe the Rattlers could win by 14 , but I won't be surprised if the game comes down to the last drive for either team.

Good luck to both teams, play hard, play clean, and walk off the field with your heads up. The playoffs are coming soon and you will both most likely make waves.

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Supposed to be pretty cold Friday night at Yoe Field, Dont like watching games in the cold but i sure did love playing them in the cold. You can ask many people from our district that Yoe field is hard to play at for visitors but for some reason i do believe Navasota will have enough people to make the whoop'n and hollar'n load enough for both sides. Warning to Navasota, yes our visitors stands are pretty small about half the size of Cameron's side but there is plenty of other places to watch the game. May want to get there early or bring a lawn chair to watch behind the goal posts. I'll be sittin right on the 50 in my reserved season ticket spot watchin the R3 game of the week. There is also alot of places to sit on lawn chairs right in front of the scoreboard. So you guys will be right there for MEET and GREET

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I have no idea where I'll be sitting, or standing to watch the game, but myself and navscanmaster wiil make the meet & greet under the scoreboard at the half. If there is a change let one of us know. Dress warm so that when the game heats up you can shed some clothes, it's easier that trying to get out of the stadium to go get more heavy clothes. Plus, the clothes you take off make good spirit rags.

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Under the scoreboard will probably be the best place to have the Meet & Greet because its right between both sides and right in the middle of both concession stands so im pretty sure thats as neutral as you'll get at Yoe Field. Dont know if any of you have ever been to Yoe field but if pretty nice. Aluminum seating so might want to bring blankets to sit on because those seat get cold and STAY cold. Go YOE

Dogman_1969
10-28-2008, 11:12 AM
For Cameron to be able to run the ball Wells and the Yoe lineman will have to spread their splits out. Foot to foot spread will not work against the Rattlers. You have to use their speed to overpersue as Rockdale was able to do with both of their scat backs.

Wells won't be able to just run to the sideline and cut upfield against the Rattler speed.

Should be a good game.....

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Wells has more speed that both of Rockdale's back especially chelf who is without a doubt the better of the two. Im sure Mullins will have our offense ready to score as he always does. in Case you havent noticed we do throw the ball also. Townsend has had 2 games where he threw a touchdown to 5 different receivers. One of our better wideouts is out for a few weeks do to stupidity but it will be a battle of two great offenses. Go YOE

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
If Wells has more speed that Chelf, he must really be good as Chelf is a track star too. Wells is fast, but I think you will find that the rattlers have great speed from defensive ends, linebackers and defense backs.

We believe we can play a speed game with anybody. I am more worried about the playing comparison of the Rattler O-line against the Yoe D-line. If Navasota can gain control of that portion of the game, lookout. Navasota has the talent and size to do that, but they have only shown that brute strength in a few quarters and isolated situations.

I know that they have been challenged by the running game to put together a whole game. Pratt and Stokes can make yards on thier own, but a small amount of push by the O-line and they are 10 yards downfield before you blink.

The offensive lines and defensive lines will decide this game.

cameron91
10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
********** Breaking News from KMIL************

this game has been moved to NOV 1st 2:30 pm.. Live on ABC , with National Broadcast ..ESPN GAME DAY will be Live at YOE FEILD .After the game they will fly to Lubbuck to call the RED RAIDERS AND LONGHORNS. :D

I wonder what head gear Carso will pull out..

let go YOE....

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
he'll have to put his archers hat on since he is always makin homer picks, and i know Navasota is picked to win by almost everybody that counts. Go YOE

King_LeYoeNidas
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
********** Breaking News from KMIL************

this game has been moved to NOV 1st 2:30 pm.. Live on ABC , with National Broadcast ..ESPN GAME DAY will be Live at YOE FEILD .After the game they will fly to Lubbuck to call the RED RAIDERS AND LONGHORNS. :D

I wonder what head gear Carso will pull out..

let go YOE....

Oh my God. I hate you so very, very much. I read the game was moved to the 1st and was so excited because I'd make it then. Then I saw the rest. I hate you.

cameron91
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
but weees kinfolkz..why you mad at yoe kinfolkz....i can't make it either:(

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Dont be mad man, im sure kmil or the ranch will have it as the game of the week so just listen to it on the web.

cameron91
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
yelp I heard KMIL will carry it in HD with limited commerials..:p

bigYoe
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
yea Rob Reed will be the announcer up there with kirk Herbstreit and it is supposed to be in HD with college game day version of high school football ( High School Game Day).

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
The Cameron Yoemen will WIN this game!

OldBison75
10-28-2008, 06:33 PM
And from China Spring, we hear the voice of another doubter in the Rattlers. I wonder if he thinks that China Spring might end up in Division 1 against Navasota at some point?

I hope that that matchup does happen at some point, it will be a real game for the ages. I know they have a super team, and I think we do too.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The Cameron Yoemen will WIN this game!

:iagree: Snakes don't like the cold! :D

cameron91
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
O.B75..that voice you hear from china springs is an ex -yoemen.so he's going with his home town..don't get him fired up about navasota playing china springs .his son plays for the china kats and he's a head hunter..so don't get him krunk..he son will take it out on yall whole team..just ask chris parr how it feels to get hit by

five five...............

offduty
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Dont be mad man, im sure kmil or the ranch will have it as the game of the week so just listen to it on the web.

haha yeah right....joe smitherman? make a cameron yoemen football game the game of the week? get real, it's always an out of town game that gets game of the week and cameron's just the other game....

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
And from China Spring, we hear the voice of another doubter in the Rattlers. I wonder if he thinks that China Spring might end up in Division 1 against Navasota at some point?

I hope that that matchup does happen at some point, it will be a real game for the ages. I know they have a super team, and I think we do too.

Once a Yoeman always a Yoeman

bigYoe
10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Once a Yoeman always a Yoeman

True, I've already moved to East Texas and back and then back to East Texas but had to come home to Cameron.

navscanmaster
10-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Getting closer. I think I am gonna ride with a oYe coworker of mine straight from work in Bryan up there, and maybe hitch a ride back to Navasota with OB75. He said he thinks that if Navasota gets up early on Cameron like they did on Rockdale and Taylor, that Cameron will lose their cool and let the game go. I hope that is not the case. I sure would like to see a big lead early on, but I have come to enjoy these district 24 dogfights week in and week out. BTW, he also says that if Cameron scores first, they will cruise to a win.:devil:

We shall see.:thinking:

cameron91
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Nav..I can say this Cameron for some reason has been given up some decent rushing yards in the first quarter.but then they shut down the rushing attack for the last three quarters.so let's hope this doesn't happen this game..

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Dos mas dias.

ctownlegend
10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
he also says that if Cameron scores first, they will cruise to a win.:devil:

We shall see.:thinking:

Just a little to add to cameron91 and this comment...of all of those rushing yards in the first quarter...a great majority of them usually come on the first drive for Cameron's opposition...and more times than not this year...those drives have ended in TD's...

It is fair to note...in Cameron's other really big...high emotion game (Rockdale...who might be their greatest competition so far this season for these yoemen) Cameron's D stepped up and forced an opening drive 3 and out. So hopefully they will come out and match that emotion...if not play with more...friday night.

:clap: GO YOE! :clap:

bigYoe
10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure whoever gets the ball will differ to the second half so we better be ready to come out and score OR come out with a strong 3 and out on D.

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Very early in this thread, I asked about the Cameron and Gatsville game and still haven't gotten a reply. Where was it played? Give me a recap, did Cameron have turnovers? Also, can you give me an idea of the Cameron turnover ratio for the season. How many fimble/fumbles lost, and how many intercetion thrown?

I have not been able to find this information and just wondering. Thanks for any help you can give me.

yoe11
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
We have 10 give aways and 16 take aways

cameron91
10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
OldB.. cameron first two game was without their start running back.( wells )so they started a sophmore running that only played a couple of time last year.so cameron really didn't have a rushing attack. and gatesville knew it, so they played pass defense on cameron all night.they had a spy on our qb , so whenever he took off to run someone was in his face.but since wells has return cameron has been a whole different team.best thing about this team, they're still young.quarter back, running back and just about all the receiving core is juinorS or sophmores.so our future is bright in CAMERON..

OldBison75
10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Cameron91, I figured that something like that was the case with the Gatesville game. I could not imagine that everything was in place and Gatesville beat ya'll at your place. You say you are plus five or six in the giveaway/takeaway department. That is pretty impresive and says alot about the type mistake free brand of football that Cameron is known for.

Look forward to tomorrow night and hope to see you at halftime.

cameron91
10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
naw...OLD B ..I will not be able to come to the game .I will be stuck here at work.My counter part always take the 31st off ( his b-day), my wife and her family is going to the game.they're pulling for your rattlers b/c pratt is her cousin. so I will have a house full rattlers from wessin texas this weekend.so i'm praying for a YOEMEN victory.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey, almost that time....:D

martwayne
10-30-2008, 11:07 PM
does anyone know the spread on the game

Bull's-eye
10-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by martwayne

Massey Ratings has the Rattlers winning by 5. Bally's has it even! :D

martwayne
10-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Everyone konw what gotta luv them rattlers

Bull's-eye
10-31-2008, 03:13 AM
Everyone konw what gotta luv them rattlers

I'm scared of snakes. :(

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 08:07 AM
We're not afraid of snakes, 7th grade won last night 46-8 but unfortunately 8th grade and JV lost. Varsity will be ready to go tonight though, a Very good game and im looking forward to it. GO YOE!!!

PVAMU04
10-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Tonight is the night that we all have been waiing for all week! Two very good football teams will do battle at Yoe Field! Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win! This kinda reminds of the Waller game in 1996 my senior and the last time Navasota went undefeated in the regular season! The team this year is kinda similar to that team also! But anyway lets GO RATTLERS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2008, 09:08 AM

Harris has Navasota as a 10 point favorite.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by PVAMU04
Tonight is the night that we all have been waiing for all week! Two very good football teams will do battle at Yoe Field! Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win! This kinda reminds of the Waller game in 1996 my senior and the last time Navasota went undefeated in the regular season! The team this year is kinda similar to that team also! But anyway lets GO RATTLERS!!!

Boy do I remember that game. It was cold as hell!

OldBison75
10-31-2008, 09:19 AM
ACHMED, the dead terrorist, picks Navasota by 14. "I KILL YOU"

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has Navasota picked to win seeing as there are as low as 4th in some polls and as high as 2nd in others. Cameron is lucky if they're in the top 20. Throw all the rankings and other games out the door, they dont mean nothing tonight. Navasota will come in looking to stay undefeated and take home the District Championship as Cameron will come in looking to upset the Rattlers and take a HUGE step towards the District championship. GO oYe GO YOE

PVAMU04
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Hemotoxic you are right it was cold that night! I hope we get the same outcome tonight of the game but I think we can do without the weather!! GO RATTLERS!!!

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Well is wasnt as cold last night as we though it would be here in Cameron and its supposed to get in the low 80's today so it might not be COLD but it'll prolly get into the 60's tonight for the game which makes for PERFECT football weather.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Well is wasnt as cold last night as we though it would be here in Cameron and its supposed to get in the low 80's today so it might not be COLD but it'll prolly get into the 60's tonight for the game which makes for PERFECT football weather.

Good, I hate sitting at games when the temps are in the 40's, etc.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-31-2008, 11:40 AM
this game reminds me of a '96 classic in which a one loss Cameron team played a state ranked Elgin squad in week 7 or 8. Cameron was playing excellent ball and went to Elgin and beat the Wildcats 17-7 if I remember correctly. Good times....

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 12:01 PM
this game reminds me of a '96 classic in which a one loss Cameron team played a state ranked Elgin squad in week 7 or 8. Cameron was playing excellent ball and went to Elgin and beat the Wildcats 17-7 if I remember correctly. Good times....

Yea didnt we only lose to Rosebud-Lott in that season. You're talkin about the one where Kal was QB and took us what 4 games deep in the playoffs before losing to Coldspring.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Yea didnt we only lose to Rosebud-Lott in that season. You're talkin about the one where Kal was QB and took us what 4 games deep in the playoffs before losing to Coldspring. yep Kal was QB that year. loss was to Manor that year in Cameron's first OT loss when the new OT format went into effect.

PVAMU04
10-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Just few hour away now! It going to be a great football game win or lose for my Rattlers! Good Luck to both teams play hard and clean and have fun this is what high school is all about! It's to bad that there has to be a loser on the scoreboard but I really think that all the kids are all winners! And to all that are traveling to the game be safe on the roads! It's going to be fun! See you there! GO RATTLERS!!

firewolf171
10-31-2008, 02:52 PM
just gettin out of my accounting class...goin2 da peprally...
waiting for da game to happen

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 07:03 PM
30 minutes n counting, Very intense thats for sure. Come on Yoe pull it out and then Hope the Horns win tomorrow. GO YOE GO HORNS

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 07:28 PM
MAN they have the damn Rogers/Academy on kmil website so that freakin sucks. If anyone can find it on the net please let me know.

Dogman_1969
10-31-2008, 07:34 PM
7-0 Sota.....

Go to KMIL.com

striker
10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
can i get a quoted text with the score. my phone doesn't pick up the regular white text for some reason.

bigYoe
10-31-2008, 09:42 PM
i believe its 35-21